Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes first names only

Can you confirm what game version you're on? Should see this at the bottom right on the start-up screen.

Could you try verify your cache in Steam? https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

If that doesn't work, please create a thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Hey, Edgar.

Please look at the first image :-)

Ok so yeah that's a shocking decision. Be interesting to know if it's meant to be 'bad officiating ' or a bug. I'd expect uploading a pkm and raising it in the bug forum might help SI decide if it's an issue.

Hi. I'm on version 15.1.3 572980 (m.e v1534) and have an issue with the in-game editor. I have used it to try and remove a position from a player but the position just keeps returning. He is a natural central midfielder but has been retrained by his club to be a striker. I tried becoming manager of the club and removing the position training and then removing the position from him but even then it keeps returning. Is there any way to stop the new position from coming back?

I don't know, maybe it's just my save.. I won't talk bout ME negatives now, but I really miss any form consistency. Results feels too random and silly sometimes. How can you win 5-2, 5-1, 3-0 against strong teams and week later with same lineup/tactics/morale/whatever lose 0-3 to 16 placed trash team and then 4 days after win 6-0 again. How can you destroy MU 6-4 in Champions Cup Quarter Final after 3 negative results in a row. How can you lose 1-4 to Fiorentina at home in Serie A and then just two weeks later trash them 5-0 in Cup Final.. with same tactics/players against same opposition lineup... the list can go on. Sometimes I get the feeling it's all about 'who scored first', that team gain immediate morale/confidence boost and then trashing begin.

vYLDLIAl.png

Theos, remember that teams like Roma and Man Utd will line up very differently against you compared to the likes of Sassuolo and Torino. Your tactic won't necessarily be as effective against one as it is against the other.

That's one for the tactics forum :thup:

Hi. I'm on version 15.1.3 572980 (m.e v1534) and have an issue with the in-game editor. I have used it to try and remove a position from a player but the position just keeps returning. He is a natural central midfielder but has been retrained by his club to be a striker. I tried becoming manager of the club and removing the position training and then removing the position from him but even then it keeps returning. Is there any way to stop the new position from coming back?

You should ask in the Editors Hideaway. :)

I'm really enjoying the game. One small issue that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere: I've seen quite a few instances of set pieces being taken with the taker's weak foot. This pretty much never happens IRL, even with ostensibly "two footed" players.

Ok so yeah that's a shocking decision. Be interesting to know if it's meant to be 'bad officiating ' or a bug. I'd expect uploading a pkm and raising it in the bug forum might help SI decide if it's an issue.

https://vine.co/v/M5X1deTaE7K

This happened to me last year. Aguero ended up scoring and knocked me out of the CL, pissed me off so much that I vined it. But it's so rare that I just pretend bad decisions are part of the realism.

I'm really enjoying the game. One small issue that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere: I've seen quite a few instances of set pieces being taken with the taker's weak foot. This pretty much never happens IRL, even with ostensibly "two footed" players.

If you could post in the ME bugs forum with a PKM or PKMs and timed examples of this, it would be appreciated. :thup:

Absoutely loving the game now. Loved it during Beta aside from the GK and defending issues but had to give it a break after the launch day patch which led to me having 5 goals form corners per game which kind of ruined the experience :p booted it up yesterday though with the latest patch and finished my first season as Arsenal; Community Shield, FA Cup victory against Wigan on penalties (Wigan are quite good at this FA CUp business these days, aren't they ;) ) and a CL final against Barca which ended 2-2 that I unfortunately lost on pens.

Overall though I'm loving it! Scouting for those youths gems really is hard work this year! :D

The hotfix has made things a lot worse imo. While there's less goals from crosses, I'm suffering a lot more injuries, the opposition goalkeepers seem to have had an octopus upgrade, and my goalkeeper loves parrying shots into the opposition players path for a tap in every other shot that comes in.

If you could post in the ME bugs forum with a PKM or PKMs and timed examples of this, it would be appreciated. :thup:

How do i create and send a pkm?

Do i need som upgrade on user account?

I have 2 games that are mostly annoying, not that i lost cause about that idc so much, its about how and what kind of goals, defender misstakes and goalie misstakes, flipper goals not fitting worldclass players:).

How do i create and send a pkm?

Do i need som upgrade on user account?

I have 2 games that are mostly annoying, not that i lost cause about that idc so much, its about how and what kind of goals, defender misstakes and goalie misstakes, flipper goals not fitting worldclass players:).

I've already responded to you in the bugs forum. ;)

All the info you need is in the forum header there.

There's way too many goals in short succession of each other. When either side scores it's almost a 50/50 chance that the other team will score within three minutes of that.

That really is completely in your head.

That really is completely in your head.

Okay... So I took a look at my last ten games and wrote all goals that took place within three minutes of each other.

Game 1: 56 & 57 + two goals in 76 (one for each team).

Game 2: 55 & 56

Game 3: None

Game 4: 18 & 20

Game 5: None

Game 6: 60 & 63

Game 7: None

Game 8: None

Game 9: 7 & 8, 16 & 18, 50 & 52

Game 10: None

Every time it was one for each team. So in half of the games a goal was scored within three minutes of a goal for the other team. In two of the games it happened more than twice.

Not entirely sure it is. However, there are too many goals period. Mainly because it's impossible to defend. I am doing a save game in the English Championship just now and I am averaging 7 goals a game.

In the 9 league games I've played since the update (League 1), I've conceded a total of seven goals, and that's not even with a great side (Coventry).

Impossible to defend though...

I noticed today a few of my under 18s unhappy with the standard of the fitness coaching, despite having 4.5 and 5 stars for aerobic and strength, both of average workload.

Now, at the start of the season I sacked all my coaches and only replaced them with first team coaches (the max permitted by the board). Is the fact I have no under 18s coaches an issue?

AFAIK 'First team' coaches only train the senior squad and reserves. The standard 'Coach' trains seniors and youth players and the Youth coaches only work on the youngsters. The way you've done it you've got nobody training your U18 team I think.

AFAIK 'First team' coaches only train the senior squad and reserves. The standard 'Coach' trains seniors and youth players and the Youth coaches only work on the youngsters. The way you've done it you've got nobody training your U18 team I think.

Any detriment to having just 'coaches' employed training all squads (with managers for U21s and U18s)?

Is anyone else having a problem where there is a lot of money in the balance (25M for me) and they refuse to allow me to use any of it for transfer budget? Board prefer to use youth players, but I am in charge of Coruxo who have very poor youth/training and recruitment and I am in Spain top division. So surely they could release about 5M or so?

My initial trasfer budget was about 4M but I thought maybe they would release more funds later.

Just wondering is this a known bug or is it just that the owner is very careful with the clubs money.

Yes in my game a large amount of goals are from rebounds especially from free kicks.

Also, inside forwards are rubbish in the new match engine and never score (better off using wingers and exploiting crosses which are still overpowered IMO).

5 seasons in and I never got Eden Hazard to score from a long shot even though he cuts inside and shoots wide or straight at the goal keeper 3-4 times in each match (key highlights). Funnily enough this results in even more rebound goals that the other attacking players put away.

Anyone else noticing far too many goals coming from second balls at setpeices or rebounds?

Seems impossible to keep clean sheets as always the ME always lets opposition score from set-pieces by having them score from second balls.

Started a new game with Montpellier there. First pre-season game ended up 4-4. I scored 3 from crosses and a penalty. They scored 1 penalty, 1 free kick from 20 yards and 2 came from shots that my keeper parried back into the middle of the 6yd box.

It is almost impossible to score (especially for my strikers), constantly conceding goals from rebounds after corners/throw ins and more or less 100% block rate for my players shots in the AI's box. Numerous tactics and player roles have been tried producing the same effect all with complete fluid familiarity too (so don't bring that up, shills). If anyone has figured out how I can exploit the ME too at least, I'd be interested in knowing.

My shots on target keeps getting worse and worse. The match I'm playing right now, I had 11 shots in the first half, 1 on target, 4 hit the crossbar.

A fault of the game or the system? This is symptomatic of failing to break down a defensive team. What team are you, who were you playing, and what are your tactics (Mentality, Formation, Team Shape, Rolea, Duties, Player / Team Instructions)?

Might be best off opening a thread in the tactics forum with that info. Ordinarily you should aim to get at least 50% ofdd shots on target, which is readily achievable.

It is almost impossible to score (especially for my strikers), constantly conceding goals from rebounds after corners/throw ins and more or less 100% block rate for my players shots in the AI's box. Numerous tactics and player roles have been tried producing the same effect all with complete fluid familiarity too (so don't bring that up, shills). If anyone has figured out how I can exploit the ME too at least, I'd be interested in knowing.

Exploiting the ME isn't a way to get satisfaction from the game :)

Please open a thread in the tactics forum detailing who you are, what you've tried, and what you've observed to be issues.

Enjoying the new update very much, but there does seem to be a complete lack of through balls, from either my own team or any other team I play against.

Anyone else seeing this?

This is very much system dependent. In my opinion, the balance of the ME is much, much better now and it's easier to get a mix of assist types - including through balls.

I don't know, maybe it's just my save.. I won't talk bout ME negatives now, but I really miss any form consistency. Results feels too random and silly sometimes. How can you win 5-2, 5-1, 3-0 against strong teams and week later with same lineup/tactics/morale/whatever lose 0-3 to 16 placed trash team and then 4 days after win 6-0 again. How can you destroy MU 6-4 in Champions Cup Quarter Final after 3 negative results in a row. How can you lose 1-4 to Fiorentina at home in Serie A and then just two weeks later trash them 5-0 in Cup Final.. with same tactics/players against same opposition lineup... the list can go on. Sometimes I get the feeling it's all about 'who scored first', that team gain immediate morale/confidence boost and then trashing begin.

vYLDLIAl.png

What you've just described is football. Countless teams have suffered the same thing season after season. Spurs, Everton, Liverpool in recent seasons, they'll sometimes beat a Chelsea/United/City and then lose to Stoke or West Brom or whoever. That's just how it goes. Just because you beat one of the best teams doesn't automatically mean you should beat everyone, that would make things very boring. Morale and confidence plays a big part in football, too. Sounds to me like you're just having a bit of a rant because you're not winning every match, rather than there being a problem with FM

SI FM 15 is ok, however the ME.. sigh the ME makes it unplayable and makes me not recommend this game to anyone,

1. To many players complain about not having enough appearances in first team, more then average on FM 14, and the only option is too actually play them more often on first team or they WANT TO LEAVE. therefore they will not sign a contract making it impossible to hold players in LLM

2. To many goals from corners and crosses, every time the AI has a corner I'm scared

3. To many goals in general, defending and the goal keepers are too poor.

I don't think you guys are aware of these issues, you are just trying to dodge them and ignore them by saying, please post your match files or saved games etc etc

i hope the me gets fixed and also the game will be faster with the update, because it's slower than the last one ...

the ui is great, with few fixes it could be a great game

another thing is the results inconsistency, it's on of the things we hated in fifa manager, a poor excuse of managerial game

si should focus on improving other things than graphic, because this is the least of our worries

This is the FM15 feedback thread ;)

I've been playing FM 14 as well, since FM 15 ME is so flawed, i corrected my little mistake and it still stands, if the users don't point out these bugs then how will we get get the product we deserve? people pay money for this game and they expect a game that works. look at the steam reviews

I've been playing FM 14 as well, since FM 15 ME is so flawed, i corrected my little mistake and it still stands, if the users don't point out these bugs then how will we get get the product we deserve? people pay money for this game and they expect a game that works. look at the steam reviews

Only problem being that all you've really done is accuse SI of deliberatly ignoring bugs, so you're not being particularly helpful in that post.

Constructive feedback please. The game works fine. If you could report bugs in the bugs forum WITH a save game or PKM depending on what bug it is, that would be great.

Constructive feedback please. The game works fine. If you could report bugs in the bugs forum WITH a save game or PKM depending on what bug it is, that would be great.

1. To many players complain about not having enough appearances in first team, more then average on FM 14, and the only option is too actually play them more often on first team or they WANT TO LEAVE. therefore they will not sign a contract making it impossible to hold players in LLM

2. To many goals from corners and crosses, every time the AI has a corner I'm scared

3. To many goals in general, defending and the goalkeepers are too poor.

4. The Saving time is a lot lot longer then usual

5. FM 15 is not optimised properly for window mode, some of the screen gets cut off when playing the game in WINDOW mode on Windows 8

These are known issues, and check the steam reviews

Anyone else noticing far too many goals coming from second balls at setpeices or rebounds?

Seems impossible to keep clean sheets as always the ME always lets opposition score from set-pieces by having them score from second balls.

Yep, absolutely. But was the case in FM14 as well.

Archived