Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Anyone have QPR net syndrome>?! Just scored a lovely goal from close range at Upton Park and the ball flew out of the net and bizarrely ended up on the pitch line near the corner flag! Obviously some amazing spin on it!!!! Fortunately the Referee gave the goal...

PS, Anyone have a link for a brighter ball mod? Really having trouble seeing the ball....

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have QPR net syndrome>?! Just scored a lovely goal from close range at Upton Park and the ball flew out of the net and bizarrely ended up on the pitch line near the corner flag! Obviously some amazing spin on it!!!! Fortunately the Referee gave the goal...

PS, Anyone have a link for a brighter ball mod? Really having trouble seeing the ball....

Yeah, I get this, but have a terrible graphics set up to play FM15. This is the last FM release I can play on my current (ancient) computer to the point I've had to go back to 2D on this version. If I want FM16 I will need a new computer graphics wise.

Did score a lovely own goal though. Winston Reid clears a cross and it smacks Diego Poyet in the face and rebounds into the net!!!!! Ironically I had 9 shots on goal to Birmingham's zero at that point!! Fortunately their keeper then took a free kick from the side-line and whacked it straight to Stewart Downing on the half way line who promptly slammed it home from 55 yards. Bit like the Keystone Cops at times!! :-)

Annoying long saving game time, is there anybody else having this issue?

Lots of people, we will just have to wait for a fix.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly this game should come with some sort of health warning!

Playing in Serie C with Novara and the board wants me to win the league, no problem I thought.

Long story short after 33 games I have lost just 3 games but still I am not clear, Albinoleffe are right there.

Finally they lose back to back games and I win both games, I am 6 points clear with 3 games to go, I lose the next game and they win, 3 points clear with 2 games to go.

Next up Albinoleffe, they beat me 1-0 so we are tied going into the last game, I had the better goal difference but not but much, come half time they are winning 5-0 and I am winning 1-0.

We both end up winning they win 6-0 I win 2-1 but I was searching everywhere to see for sure I had won the league, I think I won it as my score against them was better...

At any rate not good for the heart. Hard to believe after 33 games and only 3 defeats I could have been sacked, that was on my mind after about 20 games and only 1 defeat as I could not pull away from Albinoleffe.

Great game this year, really enjoying it!

A quick question regarding multiplayer, what can the reason be for my british friend not finding my game, i am from sweden and he cant see my game, is it a lil bug/issue or its arealocked?

Regards

Pretty sure it's not area locked, certainly between UK/Sweden.

You might find out more in FMO forum.

Shame you can't be bothered to do a proper bug report on the player discontent and upload a save, they do need examples of where it's plainly wrong.

Shame you can't be bothered providing proof something is amiss with injury rates, again SHAME!

Hold on a minute fella,

its nobodys job to do SI games job for them.

We are out of BETA and you are out of line.

Hold on a minute fella,

With all respect it only takes a couple of minutes to upload a save and actually report the problem rather than just complain about it.

It is the players that help make the game what it is, no need to go on about "not my job".

The game gets updated quite a few times and if you log the problems there is a good chance that SI will fix it and make an even better game for us.

The time it took you to make your post you could have already logged the problem in the bugs forum.

Hold on a minute fella,

What is your stake in this exactly? The original post that Kriss was responding to was out of line. People show up on these forums every version and moan about various things that they offer no proof of, and then proceed to rip all over SI. There is a process for reporting legitimate bugs and he chose to have a mini rant rather than use it. It *is* a shame that people can't be bothered to do more than whine on a forum when there is a perfectly workable and easy way to submit potential problems for SI to review.

One issue I am having, since I got FM15, is whenever I hover over any of the BUTTONS available to click, whether it be a press conference answer or setting up individual tactics, the buttons disappear. It is very annoying. Is this happening to anyone else ? Please fix.

One issue I am having, since I got FM15, is whenever I hover over any of the BUTTONS available to click, whether it be a press conference answer or setting up individual tactics, the buttons disappear. It is very annoying. Is this happening to anyone else ? Please fix.

Please post this in the relevant forum so that someone can address this for you:

If you have any issues, please report them on our Bugs Forum which can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...015-Bugs-Forum

Any technical issues, please post them here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...orkshop-Issues

What is your stake in this exactly? The original post that Kriss was responding to was out of line. People show up on these forums every version and moan about various things that they offer no proof of, and then proceed to rip all over SI. There is a process for reporting legitimate bugs and he chose to have a mini rant rather than use it. It *is* a shame that people can't be bothered to do more than whine on a forum when there is a perfectly workable and easy way to submit potential problems for SI to review.

I've gotta say, as someone who has lurked on these forums for a while Kriss is the only moderator that ever stands out.That's not a good sign. Like refs, moderators shouldn't stand out from the crowd. Kriss comes across as pompous and snide in his remarks. Even if customers are ranting and being unreasonable, he should be holding himself to a higher standard. Anyway I felt compelled to weigh in on this. Ban or censor me, I care not a jot.

I've gotta say, as someone who has lurked on these forums for a while Kriss is the only moderator that ever stands out.That's not a good sign. Like refs, moderators shouldn't stand out from the crowd. Kriss comes across as pompous and snide in his remarks. Even if customers are ranting and being unreasonable, he should be holding himself to a higher standard. Anyway I felt compelled to weigh in on this. Ban or censor me, I care not a jot.

Damn mate, you really going to stick with Kriss on this rant?

Some of the others are much more deserving. :p

With your whole two days of being on the forum Kriss stands out? He is better than we all thought. At any rate, thank you for your input.

I agree that of the moderators who post in this thread, Kriss stands out for his temper and snippiness. But forum-wide, Cleon is obviously the least tolerant, customer-friendly mod. I can't believe a professional games company trusts a person like that with any authority on their forums.

I agree that of the moderators who post in this thread, Kriss stands out for his temper and snippiness. But forum-wide, Cleon is obviously the least tolerant, customer-friendly mod. I can't believe a professional games company trusts a person like that with any authority on their forums.

Okay, not just you Shakey, but everyone- this is the game feedback thread, not a mod bash thread. If you have issues with a particular individual, you may report the post. Otherwise, let's keep this thread directed appropriately

Okay, not just you Shakey, but everyone- this is the game feedback thread, not a mod bash thread. If you have issues with a particular individual, you may report the post. Otherwise, let's keep this thread directed appropriately

Okay one last thing and then i'll drop it and we can all get back on topic. How does one go about raising a grievance with a mod and what is the procedure for dealing with it? It might seem very pedantic but we are paying or potentially paying customers after all. I'm still on the demo! I'm not about to report anyone, but just for future reference.

Okay one last thing and then i'll drop it and we can all get back on topic. How does one go about raising a grievance with a mod and what is the procedure for dealing with it? It might seem very pedantic but we are paying or potentially paying customers after all. I'm still on the demo! I'm not about to report anyone, but just for future reference.

To report a post you find offensive, simply click on the triangle with the exclamation point located in the lefthand box below the username on the post you are wishing to complain about.When doing so, there will be a space to enter any comments you wish to make about the post or the person.

Noe back to our regularly scheduled moaning about the state of FM 15 :D

To report a post you find offensive, simply click on the triangle with the exclamation point located in the lefthand box below the username on the post you are wishing to complain about.When doing so, there will be a space to enter any comments you wish to make about the post or the person.

Noe back to our regularly scheduled moaning about the state of FM 15 :D

Great stuff, thanks.

Never experienced worse moderators than now. Mods arent supposed to be seen, left alone go into discussions with forum users. If a user is in any way reporting something he or she thinks might be an error, it is the moderators damned job to report the issue, NEVER go into discussion and e-peen waggling. If you cant do that, I suggest you resign as moderators. Whats wrong with you guys?

Bought the game last night and played for about 90 minutes. Only got 1 friendly in so too early to tell about the ME, but the new team selection/tactic screen is truly abominable. I really strain to understand how anyone could have considered this an improvement over FM14. Without the ability to see all the roles/duties on the formation and be able to change them with small dropdown menus, it now takes MUCH longer to tweak a tactic for your selected personnel. I really, really hope something can be done about this in a patch.

Everything else seems fine so far. My 1 friendly ended 6-1 but I'm not going to base any judgments of the ME on that. The action I saw looked solid.

I assume half my first teamers being "on vacation" until August 10th is a way of simulating the effects of the World Cup? There is definitely a scheduling issue at least in the Bundesliga. The Supercup is scheduled for August 9th so both me (Dortmund) and Bayern will be without our World Cup players. IRL the Supercup happened on the 13th.

Never experienced worse moderators than now. Mods arent supposed to be seen, left alone go into discussions with forum users. If a user is in any way reporting something he or she thinks might be an error, it is the moderators damned job to report the issue, NEVER go into discussion and e-peen waggling. If you cant do that, I suggest you resign as moderators. Whats wrong with you guys?

Ok- a few facts for you:

The Moderators on this forum are volunteers, who don't work for SI and whose main role is to ensure that the forum users abide by the forum rules. Some of the Mods, because of their experience with the game, will post in threads, particularly the feedback thread, to point users in the right direction and ensure that SI get enough relevant information to assist them in making the game better. Since the reporting of issues usually requires some details of the users game, this requires the user to help by reporting it with their game details-it is not the responsibility of the forum Mods. I suggest also that you read the House Rules.

If you or any other user has issues with the forum moderation, then the option to use the Contact Us facility at the bottom of the forum is always available. Remember, however, that the House Rules require to be followed and users who do not abide by these rules, will be infracted.

Couple of points. Firstly, I managed to sign Raheem Sterling in the summer 2016 window. I am playing as Man United. We came 2nd, Liverpool came 3rd and I paid his buy out clause just in the hope he may enter a discussion. He was very interested in joining us and took a very fair contract, has anyone else done this? Seems outrageous, no news article about Liverpool fans being furious, nothing other than the generic "Sterling set for Anfield return" when we played them. One would have assumed a transfer of that nature may cause a bit of a stir.

The UI has grown on me, I never make a quick judgement, obviously new things we don't understand are scary so it's always better to get to know it. Tactics screen isn't great but I'm used to it now. The sidebar is a great addition and much better than the outdated drop down tabs in my opinion. There is still the issue of getting the right columns in place on the tactics screen and squad screen which is a hassle.

Match engine has improved, well patched, players actually move like there adopting the roles you assign them. Goalkeepers still seem very slow when reacting to rebounds, in turn the defenders still aren't alert enough for my liking but nonetheless the flow of the match engine is pleasant enough. The ball is difficult to see from crosses, it goes in the box suddenly GOAL!!! is flashing and I have to watch it back slowly to see what they hell happened sometimes.

I think press conferences are a bit weak still with lots of silly questions. "Player X was terrible today, did you enjoy it?" "Who do you think is the oppositions weakest link?" these don't seem like questions a manager would entertain. I have never seen a pre match conference where a manager has said "Player X is there weakest link because he's not cut out for football at this level" etc. Seems very unprofessional.

Player complaints have rightly been toned down. However, had an incident with Rooney when I sold Henriquez to Inter. Henriquez had a very low buy out clause so I offered him a new contract on his return from loan and his value shot up. Offered him about and Inter offered 15million!! So I took it. Rooney kicks off. Not sure why he is complaining when we have young talents like Wilson and a great regen coming through as well, Rooney and Henriquez are obviously both strikers so not sure why Rooney would be upset at me theoretically reducing competition for him- as to play Henriquez would be at his expense! There should perhaps be an option to say "Look Wayne, we have great young talent at the club such as player X,Y,Z. Chill out and get back to training". However, I got a "That's not a good enough reason" response which is ridiculous, 15mil for a player whose never played at the top level seems like a good deal to me. Tracked his progress at Inter and he's been appalling so I win, would like to tell him "I told you so" regardless of the fact my reasoning was astute and why he wouldn't understand is beyond me. Nevertheless, he couldn't be appeased so I had to strip him of the captaincy, not having players kick off like that over such ridiculous things, rest of the squad backed me up and I stuck him to rot in the U21's until PSG came in for him. I still don't like the fact that when communications break down with a player I literally cannot interact with the player. At the end of the day I'm his boss and should be able to summon him whenever I want, particularly as Rooney was still skipper for a brief time after his breakdown. Who the hell are they to say they don't want to talk to me? Other gripe is with the language the players use, not sure who writes the responses for SI but they seem stupid at times e.g. "Bye for now boss, I'm sure you will want me for something else soon". What a sarcastic little **** I only wanted to praise his last game! The other one that raised an eyebrow is praising for a first international goal and they say "I don't need to be patronised" haha what's that about? Not sure what happens at real clubs but surely managers say "well done mate" when a player does good not to be told "don't patronise me boss" haha. I can see it now, Wenger seeing a Welbeck smashing one in on the training pitch, "Well done Danny, great strike would be good to see you stick one in like that on Sunday" "Cheers boss, don't patronise me though okay". Could list a couple of others but I''m rambling, essentially just proper sentences and conversations that make borderline sense would be good and players not acting like cretins. I know they're footballers, not the brightest bunch, but come on! They act like brain dead morons!

New scouting system is brilliant, you actually have to scout a player rather than get a detailed report card in a day on some 16 year old lad playing in Uruguay. More realistic for sure, but I think scouting a players mental attributes should be a tougher task. Not sure how you can scout a kids aggression for example, when he's a brand new regen whose never played a game.

Anyway that's enough.

Lots of people love the new scouting system, and I love it too. There is one other thing that I really think is a massive improvement from previous FM. Head of Youth Development. I found a good and cheap HODY with high 'Judging Player Potential' and 'Man Management' and he has been an absolute gem. I gave him the freedom to find and sign young players for the future (but I get to finalize the signing), and he's finding and signing cheap excellent prospects every year. Young players that I didn't even notice. Every one of them now is in the first team rotation or backup with huge potential to replace the starters.

Head Of Youth Deveopment role. One of the biggest improvement this year

Hold on a minute fella,

This is absolutely spot on.

We are the paying customer, yet year after year WE are the ones who suffer because of SI's inability to produce a working game on release.

Not even EA show this much contempt for their consumers.

We are the paying customer, yet year after year WE are the ones who suffer because of SI's inability to produce a working game on release.

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Shows a complete lack of knowledge or understanding. The game is always playable on release every year. You have a demo, if you don't think it's playable, then don't buy the game. Don't come on here with completely unrealistic expectations, slagging off SI staff and VOLUNTEER moderators, peeing all over the house rules and then wondering why mods get snipey sometimes.

That last line about comparing si with ea completely devalues anything you have to say.

Phew, Christ I needed to get that off my chest

Just when has EA released a working game?

Normally not the person to go off, but...

I just lost the first game of my (hopefully) long term save 5-1. I had more possession, chances were about equal, teams were pretty much evenly matched. The goals I conceited were...

25 yard screamer. (I'm in LLM - this happens nearly every single game)

Cross off the post, rebounded for a goal. This has been an issue for how long? It doesn't happen in real life, period.

Accidental cross goal from 35 yards. Seriously.

Shot from 20 yards hit the post, goalie goes dead, ball is rebounded.

Yeah, I'm frustrated. I spend countless hours with the game looking for the immersion and realism it offers, otherwise I'd be playing FIFA. I have no problem with losing, but in this fashion? It kills the urge to play the game. This was a horrible string of luck, but these are common things I've seen over and over for years. I wouldn't say the game is "unplayable," but I'm not sure how people could be enjoying it at the moment.

Edit: Oh, and my goalie got a 6.5. Cool.

Dont you think its a little early to make any conclusion like "how can people enjoy this game"?

Well, I mean actually enjoy the ME. I saw the types of goals I listed throughout the preseason and in other posts in this thread. Some of them in FM14, even. Just want a more realistic experience.

Have played a few more matches and :

***Too many goals from parries from keepers. One or two fair enough but this is happening nearly every game.

***IMO Midfield needs to be toughened up on a standard setting as they are playing like they are told to stand off and let the opposition walk through.

***Not enough balls through the middle to the strikers (an issue for a long time).

***Corners being given when it shouldn't be a corner. Just played Southampton and a through pass, wayward shot and another shot never went near my players and yet a corner was given. Could be the graphics not showing it well enough but very strange.

***Players reactions aren't quick enough at times.

***Players running slows down for no reason at all.

Just a few to be going on with!!

Have played a few more matches and :

***Too many goals from parries from keepers. One or two fair enough but this is happening nearly every game.

***IMO Midfield needs to be toughened up on a standard setting as they are playing like they are told to stand off and let the opposition walk through.

***Not enough balls through the middle to the strikers (an issue for a long time).

***Corners being given when it shouldn't be a corner. Just played Southampton and a through pass, wayward shot and another shot never went near my players and yet a corner was given. Could be the graphics not showing it well enough but very strange.

***Players reactions aren't quick enough at times.

***Players running slows down for no reason at all.

Just a few to be going on with!!

Pretty much nails it, though passing through the middle is tactic/instruction dependant to an extent, I use 4-2-3-1 narrow and get lots of goals down the centre.

The last two are due to graphical limitations (the explanation is fascinating but not mine to disseminate) long term they are being addressed but it's hugely complex.

Yeah the ball is horrible to see on certain pitches. If its a sunny day i just cant see it at all and have to switch to 2D, if its cloudy or a darker pitch its ok. I turned off the weather effects as well, when it snows you may as well just not bother trying to see what goes on.

Have to say tho, this is the best ME build for a while. I get lots of variation of goals, still a few too many crosses but i do play with high attacking wingers so its to be expected in a way. Far more goals through the middle than there were before. Keepers can be a bit suspect with the simple things, and pull of wonder saves at other times, but keepers in FM have always been funny. Overall im really enjoying it. The UI is a bit of a mess in terms of the tactics screen and things disappearing from time to time, like a players position, and for some reason from time to time my game changed the help setting during a match and all the wee yellow circles re-appear over the screen telling me what things are, but you can turn it back off again, so no biggy.

Played a few more games and have noticed just a couple of annoying things.

Too many long range screamers crashing into the top corner, I have a couple of players with decent sats for that but nearly every midfielder is capable of smashing volleys in from 20-30 yards out, great to see but just too unrealistic.

Players reactions still too slow, so annoying watching either a forward or defender just stand there while the other team just take the ball away from them without even a sideways look.

WOW! So buggy!

This needs work!

I dont know where to start. From player movements to language translation. Never seen it so far from finished before, not even the first CM in 92 was like this

How about you start with actual problems, since there are so many it should be an easy list to put together.

WOW! So buggy!

This needs work!

I dont know where to start. From player movements to language translation. Never seen it so far from finished before, not even the first CM in 92 was like this

Start by not creating alias accounts?

Feedback on the 15.1.3:

Match Engine looks really nice to watch. I keep seeing new movements of my players. One of my wingers came into the box, jumped up, and tried to head in one of the balls. The keeper movements are also much improved. You can see if they are agile, jumping into corners, just making the last save with the tip of their foot. I can see a difference between my good dribblers and my bad ones, getting past the opponents, and keeping the ball. I can see those players with great vision attempt those nice long passes, picking out a player. All in all really enjoyable.

Now after the good, the bad:

When you save the game, at around the 70-80% finished mark, it stops for a while until it finishes saving. It was about the same during BETA but then got improved and now made a step back again.

Can we keep to CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the game please? Seems a few here need to read the House Rules linked in the forum header.

Personally I am enjoying the game. The UI is fantastic and have got used to it! As mentioned by users in previous posts, I have tried putting 2-3 players marking the 6 yard area zonally on Set Pieces to stop conceding. Unfortunately, it has come to no success. My team even after constantly defending set pieces (pre match training) are conceding lots of goals. I am unfortunately having the same problems as lots of other users with the goalkeeper parrying a shot straight in the path for an attacker.

I do think that SI need to take a look at the Set Pieces as I can understand the frustrations of many users above. Besides this, the whole game is very enjoyable.

Archived