Why do you play FMC and not Full FM?

FMC is almost ideal for me (tried it back in FM13) but what really messed things up for me was a lack of Opposition Instructions :(

This year I want to play the game from a proper tactical perspective (watch 90mins of games, scout my opposition, tweak for each match etc) but I'm unsure if there are still no Opposition Instructions? If there are then I guess I'm stuck with the normal FM again this year D:

Edit: Also I think FMC never had team talks back in the day too. Which is a huge part of the game for me lol :lol:

Yes I think your better off playing the full game as things like this is the great thing that you don't have to do in FMC.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I think your better off playing the full game as things like this is the great thing that you don't have to do in FMC.

Yep! I just wish there was something in the middle of both extremes. Or even a customisable game mode where you could choose what you want and what you don't want.

But oh well! Full game it is then.

• Administrators
One of the differences is I think it's a much friendlier forum than the main FM! (as long as you don't talk about an editor)

I'm very much fine with people talking about the editor, why they want it and what they would do with such a thing for FMC. That's something thats actually very important feedback, even though there is no editor for FMC this year.

The perception you seem to have that this is not allowed, is simply because people were going wide of the mark in their complaints with destructive criticism, which is actually against the House Rules of the forum. Talk about it, it's fine, just remember to be constructive :)

I have never played FMC before but I am thinking of setting up a save this year (mainly due to the instant result button). When you say there is no editor again this year, are we talking about the in-game editor not working in FMC as I tend to use this to look at the CA/PA to save time scouting. Also, would FMRTE work for FMC?

I'm very much fine with people talking about the editor, why they want it and what they would do with such a thing for FMC. That's something thats actually very important feedback, even though there is no editor for FMC this year.

The perception you seem to have that this is not allowed, is simply because people were going wide of the mark in their complaints with destructive criticism, which is actually against the House Rules of the forum. Talk about it, it's fine, just remember to be constructive :)

I obviously wasn't being clear. I don't want or need an editor, I don't care if there is one or not as I think there is so much in the base game for me to do I don't need any extra. I wasn't taking a stab at any mods or SI people. I was only suggesting that this forum seems more adult and civilized than the main game forum, except for some people who seem to be very upset about the lack of an editor.

The people you mention going "wide of the mark in their complaints with destructive criticism" is who I am talking about. Sorry if I gave the impression it wasn't allowed, not my intention.

• Administrators
I obviously wasn't being clear. I don't want or need an editor, I don't care if there is one or not as I think there is so much in the base game for me to do I don't need any extra. I wasn't taking a stab at any mods or SI people. I was only suggesting that this forum seems more adult and civilized than the main game forum, except for some people who seem to be very upset about the lack of an editor.

The people you mention going "wide of the mark in their complaints with destructive criticism" is who I am talking about. Sorry if I gave the impression it wasn't allowed, not my intention.

Not at all :)

We are at what third version of FMC?

That is the same time a lot of people have been requesting an editor for that long. It isn't very surprising some of of them have lost their composure of no news of an FMC editor in the video. I understand them, it is very fustrating thing, since there are leagues that are not available in FMC and the only means to enable those leagues is through an editor. They can't playing those leagues. There is no work a round, so to speak.

I simply don't understand, probably lack of my knowledge, why the editor that is currently available can't make work with FMC database. I mean I see there was a difference in MLS between FM and FMC play modes, but rest seems exactly the same how the leagues should work. I fail to see what was so drastically changed in the database that FMC can't make it work in editor. I mean challenges for FMC is available in the editor, aren't they? You have to load the normal database to make any work on the editor? I mean you need to have a loaded database regardless the version, to make new challenges.

I simply don't understand how the challenges work with the normal database and yet transferring a player to another club, improve his stats or edit a league, doesn't.

• Administrators
We are at what third version of FMC?

That is the same time a lot of people have been requesting an editor for that long. It isn't very surprising some of of them have lost their composure of no news of an FMC editor in the video. I understand them, it is very fustrating thing, since there are leagues that are not available in FMC and the only means to enable those leagues is through an editor. They can't playing those leagues. There is no work a round, so to speak.

I simply don't understand, probably lack of my knowledge, why the editor that is currently available can't make work with FMC database. I mean I see there was a difference in MLS between FM and FMC play modes, but rest seems exactly the same how the leagues should work. I fail to see what was so drastically changed in the database that FMC can't make it work in editor. I mean challenges for FMC is available in the editor, aren't they? You have to load the normal database to make any work on the editor? I mean you need to have a loaded database regardless the version, to make new challenges.

I simply don't understand how the challenges work with the normal database and yet transferring a player to another club, improve his stats or edit a league, doesn't.

They aren't the same. Even if there was a workaround before, it was a bug and was fixed.

Different rules in League Nation Rules, which you wouldn't find in the editor and there's no information how this would even work.

There's less staff in FMC - significantly - and roles that are not even in the editor but get converted to FMC roles.

There are also unlockables as well.

They are different databases as well, not all players are in the FMC database that are in the FM one.

Challenges work with the FMC database, not the FM one. When you create a Challenge in the Editor it actually has nothing to do with the database at all.

I appreciate that it is all frustrating, I can see use cases why somebody would want to use them and not "just because". But the fact of the matter is that there are many factors at play which mean it just isn't possible now. Stating it's been requested for 3 years doesn't mean it gets more priority. Some features can take a long time from suggestion to implementation, longer than 3 years. It just doesn't work that way.

Rather than be negative about the reality of the situation - and no, we are not out to get you - tell us why you want to use the Editor, what you would use it for and what is most useful, from an FMC perspective. FMC has a different roadmap to FM's that is much more gradual because the game is more streamlined. The game is updated every year, not everything can go in at once (and somethings can't go in at all) :)

Must say the editor thing hasn't bothered me at all as clearly updates occur throughout the season i.e. January transfers as yes if that didn't happen then it would be bang out of order.

Only thing id want from an "editor" is to go to the extreme and have a game world where all players were free agents and each team given same amount of money I dunno 500 mil and there you go buy who you like and see how it all unfolds.

Dream game that would be for me say take any prem club knowing all conditions were the same and see if AI's version of Burnley could just as easy finish above the likes of Man City if their players are chosen more wisely.

Yes its a bit complex at how you put what players where at the beginning but anyway yes all literally fantasy I'm sure.

They aren't the same. Even if there was a workaround before, it was a bug and was fixed.

Different rules in League Nation Rules, which you wouldn't find in the editor and there's no information how this would even work.

There's less staff in FMC - significantly - and roles that are not even in the editor but get converted to FMC roles.

There are also unlockables as well.

They are different databases as well, not all players are in the FMC database that are in the FM one.

Challenges work with the FMC database, not the FM one. When you create a Challenge in the Editor it actually has nothing to do with the database at all.

I appreciate that it is all frustrating, I can see use cases why somebody would want to use them and not "just because". But the fact of the matter is that there are many factors at play which mean it just isn't possible now. Stating it's been requested for 3 years doesn't mean it gets more priority. Some features can take a long time from suggestion to implementation, longer than 3 years. It just doesn't work that way.

Rather than be negative about the reality of the situation - and no, we are not out to get you - tell us why you want to use the Editor, what you would use it for and what is most useful, from an FMC perspective. FMC has a different roadmap to FM's that is much more gradual because the game is more streamlined. The game is updated every year, not everything can go in at once (and somethings can't go in at all) :)

Fair enough, I know somethings are difficult to implement.

Guess we have to wait another year or probably more. :(

I played most of FM'13 in classic mode, and all of FM'14 in the full version (one save, perhaps 1300 hours, 14 and a half seasons). I'm thinking of going back to classic mode. I have not looked into this in detail as I am sure classic has expanded since '13 but I am tempted to try because it will go faster.

I enjoyed the full version and the special challenges it provided, but the details of the huge staff, scouting, all the coaches, etc, becomes too much.

My vision for a new save is try a journeyman save with an amateur side, maybe in Northern Ireland and take the new offers for jobs I get as I (hopefully) rise through the leagues. It just takes me too long to take over at a new club in the full version in '14 and from what I'm reading, it may take longer in '15.

In answer to the main topic, I prefer FMC because it feels more akin to the old Championship Manager games ('94 was my first- I remember the buzz I got when I saw it had realistic versions of Cambridge United players in the old Division 4). I played the full version of FM 09 to FM13 but I felt there was just too much to do and it wasn't fun any more. It had become a chore.

One thing I miss from my favourite version of CM (I think it might have been '98) was the 'personality' trait. I think the options were unselfish, selfish, withdrawn, rash, arrogant, thoughtful...and maybe one or two more? It seemed to give the players more, erm...personality!

Oh, and if any developers are reading this- one thing I'd like to see in future FM's is the ability to design a new kit every few years. The editor allows you to do it before you create a game- I'd like to see this within the game itself. It is realistic for a club to change kits over time after all and not stick with the same one for 20 years (which is generally how long it takes for me to take the Mighty U's to champions league glory).

I'll add this (as to why I play FMC) as it is specific to FMC 15 and something I just realized:

Scout Reports: You have 100% knowledge after one report

While I do like the feature in the full game that you have to scout a player in detail before you have 100% knowledge, sometimes you just want to know quickly and move on.

Oh, and if any developers are reading this- one thing I'd like to see in future FM's is the ability to design a new kit every few years. The editor allows you to do it before you create a game- I'd like to see this within the game itself. It is realistic for a club to change kits over time after all and not stick with the same one for 20 years (which is generally how long it takes for me to take the Mighty U's to champions league glory).

Would it not be easier to have a separate little kit designer app maybe as a DLC then import the designs?

I vaguely remember something along those lines in FML.

• 1 month later...

I tried FMC in 2014 and didn't get into it. I've just tried my first game in FM15 and it really isn't for me.

I used to love CM/FM when it was simpler but I really miss the full immersion of hiring coaches to get the best possible training star level and building up my scouting team to get the best knowledge. No team talks / player interaction(even though that's the only thing I'm not happy with now in FMfull) makes me feel really distant from the game. Pretty much setting up a tactic and a team then blasting through just leaves me feeling a bit empty. Transfers being so quick feels wrong too. Plus finally when you lose on FMfull you feel like there's more you could of done, like opposition instructions / tactical tweaks / took more notice to the prematch report etc. I think losses on FMC would just make you feel annoyed and helpless.

Obviously it's horses for courses and I can fully see why people would prefer FMC - but for me, it's FM full all the way. Now to delete this save and start all over again

Now, you can look at it from the opposite angle.

I really miss the full immersion of hiring coaches to get the best possible training star level

Yes, but it can also be a useless time sink because training star level doesn't mean that much. I've successfully developed youngsters on full game with 2-3 stars in every category no problem. It's not as important as some would have you believe.

and building up my scouting team to get the best knowledge.

This is the part I agree on. Slowly building up your scouting network does feel satisfying and it's one of the things I miss from FMC.

No team talks / player interaction(even though that's the only thing I'm not happy with now in FMfull) makes me feel really distant from the game.

This year in particular player interactions are pretty much broken, and team talks I've always found baffling, i.e. players would have illogical responses, at least from what I consider realistic.

Even if we presume both features work perfectly, they're just a binary mini game that prolongs your gaming time. They don't add anything to the game experience because they're not realistic, they don't feel natural.

Pretty much setting up a tactic and a team then blasting through just leaves me feeling a bit empty. Transfers being so quick feels wrong too.

Setting a tactic and doing transfers is exactly why I've grown to like CM/FM so much, not because of press conferences, player interactions and what not. FMC focuses on core aspects of the genre and doesn't deviate.

Plus finally when you lose on FMfull you feel like there's more you could of done, like opposition instructions / tactical tweaks / took more notice to the prematch report etc. I think losses on FMC would just make you feel annoyed and helpless.

No, it makes me feel better because I know I fuc*ed it up somewhere tactically or I need to sign better players. I know I didn't lose because I chose the wrong team talk option or because I said the wrong line when talking to my player the day before.

You see, you can look at it from an entirely different perspective. :)

I play FMC because I want less clutter. FM lost its appeal for me way back when WWSM 2008 came out.

My ideal game would be FM 2005 with an "unsackable" option, because I really love the streamlined graphics of FM 2005. But, FMC with the "unsackable" option enabled is what I am playing now and will continue to play.

shirajzl - Yeah deep down I know training is mainly pointless when it comes to stars(although I reckon very low stars would make a difference at a bigger club), but it's always the first thing I do when taking over. I think it's the same as scouting, barring 18+ scout attributes I nearly always sack everyone and bring in my own scouting team. Makes no difference at that level but makes the game feel more like my own.

The player interaction problems this year is what made me give FMC a go again, but once they were gone I missed them. I quite like falling out with players and being challenged to find someone as good / better for usually a lesser price than you can sell them for.

I fully agree that FMC is what the game is all about - it's all the important parts without the clutter, but the cluttered bits give you a lot more to think about and are usually what leads to me thinking about my next away fixture against Stoke while waiting to buy my shopping or going through a press conference in my head while in the shower. Definitely a big part of the addiction for me.

In all though I get FMC but it's just not for me.

Although, I'm blessed with a lot of free time as I work nights. If I didn't get as much time to play I think FMC would be alot more appealing.

I play FMC so I don't have to work with the often-not-working-as-intended player interactions and all extra 'features' in FM which don't add value for me. Since I don't have much spare time to play, I want to focus on transfers, tactics and playing games. Not on getting my 30 man staff with all the correct attributes in the right places, clicking through interviews and player interactions where I mostly hope I don't click on a 'wrong' answer and having to wait and wait before the next match comes around.

Though sometimes I miss the opportunity to unsettle a player at his current club and being able to tutor 14-15 years old to their full potential. But there need to be some trade offs.

What I don't like on FMC are the 'gimmick' buttons for the purchases you can make in-game. These are really breaking the immersion I have and make the game feel like some cheap mobile phone app.

FMC has made me fall in love with FM again, and each version FMC has improved without adding the bloat of FullFat. FMC13 got 152 Hours, FMC14 got 155 hours, FMC155 has already gotten 80, all on a single save (started in the demo) as Arsenal, having only had the game just under 2 months. That save is now in 2020/21.

Speed, streamlined features, no tactical familiarity, and the unlockables (paid out for Son, my son on that save is a 3 1/2 star CA/PA FC/ML who is awesome) all make me love it.

The main reason is that I don't have to bother with Opponent Instructions which is the worst gimmick that the game introduced. In the real world of football you deal with a tricky winger buy either the defender you choose to mark or to ask your winger/wide midfielder to double-up on him.

If you don't use them you get punished. If you do you get punished.

The full version requires too many clicks. It feels too much like a job, thus suffering from realism overload. I don't want an actual simulation of a job...I want a simulation of the fun parts of a job. That's what FMC comes closer to doing.

So if I can summarise.

FMC does not have all those long press conferences, games progress faster, training is the same, ME is the same, no more complaints about playing time, no need to set up a huge scouting network to find talents and there is an instant result button. Does this button change anything tactically(Assistant Manager changes what he wants in game)?

• 11 months later...

Because the presentation in FMC is so much cleaner than in FM. And FMC's simplicity - makes the experience less frustrating than the full FM (e.g. where I had to scout a player several times to get his *almost* full stats).

With regard to leagues, you can still load a tonne of them at once and then use the Add / Remove Leagues option each season to diversify your game world. FMC would not constrain your opportunities to move around much at all.

FMC is fantastic. So quick and yet it now includes the option to immerse yourself in training if you want. I converted to it for FM14 and whilst the devil on my shoulder wants me to look at some of the new features in "full" FM, the angel on the other reminds me that FMC is right on the money for my requirements, which are:

1. Tactics

2. Squad building

3. Training and development

4. Speed of progression through seasons

how you add leagues? its greyed out for me

When you start a new game you have to untick the option that restrain the number of leagues available at 3. Once you did that, you can add all the leagues you want.

Or, on a game you're already playing, click on the "FM" button placed on top bar, then on "Add/Remove leagues".

Aha!

Good to see you here Rico :thup: You won't look back once you get started on FMT.

I hope this is the right time, I tried FMC in the past but I've never been hooked up.

Started a challanging game on finnish league, so that I wont blame the engine for every mistake I spot haha! :D

how you add leagues? its greyed out for me

You need to tick the option to remove restrictions when you select leagues at the start.

2tLusn.jpg

Edit - I'm saying tick and others are saying un-tick :lol:, anyway that little box needs a TICK.:p

What version of the game are you on? Tablet or PC / Mac / Linux? You can only Add / Remove leagues if you tick the three nation limit removal box when you set the save up.

EDIT - Federico is already an FMT expert :)

pc - touch

and i doesnt meaned before save up. i meand during gameplay. normaly you have the option to do so.. but for me its greyed out.

Yeah it's like the others said - it means you started the game with the 'Remove Nation and League restrictions' option unticked. This disables the Add/Remove Leagues feature.

somehow stupid that i cant change that anymore. i dont understand why the option is not only explicit for that 1 menu and has such long term value.

if you are here, why cant i save my 3d setting on? i always need to tick that **** after every start.. it gets annoying!

In that case think you should be able to remove a nation and add a new one, with the only restriction of 3 nations playable at max.

Still that option should be not disabled, since you might want to remove one league or more.

I guess going back on topic as I'm a convert to FMC in FM16.

I tried, struggled and failed to get hooked in FM14 and FM15 but I am now! :)

I fired up FMC to basically test tactics and just get used to the new version but yeah, the full game just isn't doing it for me now. Still one or two bug bears but overall, especially with more control over player training, FMC is just for me these days. :)

I am enjoying playing once again. It is great being able to play on the tablet. I do feel the limit of three leagues is a bit much though, as it makes U21 national teams empty. Heck even the regular national teams are stripped down and many nations have very few players. I feel it might ruin a long term game.

Archived