Why do you play FMC and not Full FM?

A couple of reasons I play the Touch mode. Firstly, I tried the full game but there were a few aspects that I felt were a bit over-the-top and/or long-winded, such as needing to have multiple tactics saved so my players can 'train' them (my assistant kept moaning at me about this). And it was just generally taking far too long to get through the season, too many things to respond to. Also, the Touch mode reminds me more of my favourite versions of the game from years gone by, which were FM05 and CM0102 primarily.

The other main reason is that my laptop is pretty old and doesn't run the game that quickly, so it makes sense for me to run the lighter version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks RTH, good to know. I also wonder if there is anyone who plays FMT on an iPad Pro? I am curious about how Football Manager would be like on that particular tablet. I have never played FM on a tablet, so I don't know what to expect. At the moment, I am pondering whether to buy an iPad Air 2 or an iPad Pro. Anyone who wants to give me some advice your welcome. Obviously, an iPad Pro is a lot more expensive, but since I am planning to use it pretty much over a couple of years, I feel that I can afford it.

Anders, Sweden

• 2 weeks later...
A question nobody has touched on in this thread really.

On Touch (or FMC if you prefer), is it possible to do a youth academy type save?? Do you get enough regens for that type of play??

It's been a while since I played the full game mode so I can't compare actual intake sizes, but I am getting plenty of new players in my Youth Intake each year (at least five or six), so I'm sure it would be possible.

It's been a while since I played the full game mode so I can't compare actual intake sizes, but I am getting plenty of new players in my Youth Intake each year (at least five or six), so I'm sure it would be possible.

What level is that though?

It might be different in 16 but I'm still playing FMC15, the youths are pretty poor to be honest, only had a handful remotely decent enough to keep and promote to 1st team and I'm in 2042 and this is a game where I have played in all divisions in England.

Edit

Having said that I now have 4 players in my first team squad that I have promoted from the youths in the last 2 seasons.

I used to love getting lost in a game and it spending the time tweaking every aspect, but (I think it was) last year I tried FMC and it was just more fun. I'd still have a full save going but as time went on I very rarely went to it. Since then I've had a kid so I've got a lot less time, I don't even think I've looked at FMfull this year, Touch gives me almost everything I want, and love just getting on with the main part of the game

Archived