Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mods

First of all, thanks for taking the time to actually reply to alot of these comments/suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Secondly, i've mentioned it previously as well as A LOT of others - just wondering if you guys deem the "injuries" a bug?

Much like the rest of the guys here, i've tried various training options, allowed players to play minimal/maximum minutes per game in pre season as well as regular season, tried various tactics as advised by others on this board and still i'm seeing a ton of players out injured. Trust me when i say "i've tried everything".

Started my 5th save last night - played 3 friendlies and have 5 injuries. Played 2 "regular season" PL games with Man City and that injury list has grown to 11. Checking the other teams in the PL and the lowest amount of injuries after the same amount of weeks is New Castle with 5. Liverpool scrape in next with 7. Most of these injuries are deemed serious too, out for a couple months.

So yeah, just curious to know if you think this is a bug and if this will likely be patched as many others have reported the same issue?

(See my other posts in this same thread about the different training/tactics etc ive tried)

Cheers guys

I downloaded the demo last night, have played 9 EPL games and 2 carling cup matches so far. I've submitted two bug report posts so I'll leave this to impressions and things that I can't necessarily back up with .pkms but anecdotally I feel may be issues.

Good:

Very impressed with the scouting changes. I like the clarifications relating to how complete the scout reports are, and the ambiguity of certain stats. I also like the new scout reports. Much quicker to gain an overview of a player.

The tactics screen is much better than I expected. The pitch screen is clear and it's not too difficult/arduous with a mouse to play with columns on the left and see the impact on the pitch screen on the right.

I quite like the UI. It took some time to find some things, but then that's normal with new UIs. The menu screen on the left works, for me, much better than the top menu as it was in FM14 and previous.

Dislike:

It's a minor thing but I'm used to being able to deselect players from their position with a right click in the tactics menu. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and I'm aware that clicking on a player brings up an option to remove them from the position, but this has forced me to use the squad screen for picking the squad, then going to the tactics screen to fine-tune roles, whereas it used to be possible to do all in one page before. This is very much my personal opinion but I feel that the tactics page isn't quite as refined as it could be. If possible, I'd suggest re-introducing the pkd column from the squad menu and restricting the list of other players to the cell containing the player names.

In the tactics screen, I've found that you can't click on a player in the list and go to their profile, this can be a bit frustrating if you're trying to work out what role a player can play, particularly if it's not their best role.

When clicking on a player in the tactics screen (a trend develops), a list of players suited to that position appears. I very much like the concept, however I've noticed that there is no distinction between players already assigned positions in the squad and unused players. A simple shading behind the players names, or a different colour font for those players already assigned positions, would make it much easier. Very minor I know, but quality of life and all that.

Very, very minor: I'm not a fan of clicking the middle mouse button leading back to the home page. Quite often I accidentally press the mouse button too hard when scrolling and it leads back to the home page. Thjs may have been in previous versions but I hadn't noticed it till this one, making me feel it's been accentuated in some way (apologies if that's false).

Players tend to dally on the ball quite a lot. They stand there turning left and right, not moving, with an opposing player near by. Sometimes the ball is passed, sometimes a foul is committed. This is probably just a case of the animation not looking particularly impressive than anything else.

Not sure/questions:

Is there a way of viewing the scouting assignments on the same screen as the scouts attributes? I've been having to swap between the staff screen and manually hovering over each scout's information button, then swapping back to a player I'm interested in, to decide which scout to assign. Bearing in mind that ideally you want a scout based in the same country as a player, or not on assignment, to do player scouting the current setup - unless I'm being obtuse and have missed something obvious - is a bit counter-intuitive.

I've noticed quite a few players (at least one per match) getting injuries or knocks from tackling other players. I know that tackling players can often lead to injury but to me this rate is quite - and possibly too - high. This is purely anecdotal as I'm not sure how to provide strong evidence for my case.

I'm sure I have other thoughts (there's at least one concerning illogical cases of returning to the home screen rather than a previous screen) but if necessary I'll add those in another post later. All in all I'm finding FM15 to be a big improvement on FM14, even if there are some things I'm not quite fond of.

Hey Mods

First of all, thanks for taking the time to actually reply to alot of these comments/suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Secondly, i've mentioned it previously as well as A LOT of others - just wondering if you guys deem the "injuries" a bug?

Much like the rest of the guys here, i've tried various training options, allowed players to play minimal/maximum minutes per game in pre season as well as regular season, tried various tactics as advised by others on this board and still i'm seeing a ton of players out injured. Trust me when i say "i've tried everything".

Started my 5th save last night - played 3 friendlies and have 5 injuries. Played 2 "regular season" PL games with Man City and that injury list has grown to 11. Checking the other teams in the PL and the lowest amount of injuries after the same amount of weeks is New Castle with 5. Liverpool scrape in next with 7. Most of these injuries are deemed serious too, out for a couple months.

So yeah, just curious to know if you think this is a bug and if this will likely be patched as many others have reported the same issue?

(See my other posts in this same thread about the different training/tactics etc ive tried)

Cheers guys

It could just be bad luck to be honest.

There do seem to be a higher amount of injuries in the first season so I'd say see how it goes in the coming months and see if it improves :)

I'm in November in my second season now and my scouts are starting to come across some good prospect youngsters. Now i don't expect some of the brightest prospects to be going for cheap but for clubs to be asking for 30/40 million for 15/16 year olds is just ridiculous. A Fairly average sized German team (Hertha) have a great 16 year old prospect and negotiating a deal for this guy for a realistic price is basically impossible. Finding myself struggling to get a deal below 30 million. There was also a young player at Bolton who are in the championship who i wanted to sign. Do you think i could get a good deal for him? Nope.

I understand that bright prospects are going to be more expensive to buy, but they're being priced like their world class players already. I don't think any youngster that is not yet a first team player should be priced over 10 million and i think smaller clubs especially should be looking to make these deals happen and should be looking at getting a few million initially and then add ons which would bring more money for them if they do develop to their potential.

In previous FM's it was probably too easy to get top prospect youngsters for cheap, but from what i've found in this years game so far, the pricing of players who are nothing more than prospects is extremely over the top. It's one thing paying 20/30 million for young players who are already of a decent standard (I.e. Wayne Rooney when he was young) but players who are far from being of that quality should never be priced like they are in the game (from my experience so far)

The dots on the 2D match engine (not 2D classic) are too small permanently now. Used to be they were fine until you saw a 3D replay then went back to 2D, now they're tiny from the off. This is the view I watch more than others, any plans to sort this for release?

I'm in November in my second season now and my scouts are starting to come across some good prospect youngsters. Now i don't expect some of the brightest prospects to be going for cheap but for clubs to be asking for 30/40 million for 15/16 year olds is just ridiculous. A Fairly average sized German team (Hertha) have a great 16 year old prospect and negotiating a deal for this guy for a realistic price is basically impossible. Finding myself struggling to get a deal below 30 million. There was also a young player at Bolton who are in the championship who i wanted to sign. Do you think i could get a good deal for him? Nope.

I understand that bright prospects are going to be more expensive to buy, but they're being priced like their world class players already. I don't think any youngster that is not yet a first team player should be priced over 10 million and i think smaller clubs especially should be looking to make these deals happen and should be looking at getting a few million initially and then add ons which would bring more money for them if they do develop to their potential.

In previous FM's it was probably too easy to get top prospect youngsters for cheap, but from what i've found in this years game so far, the pricing of players who are nothing more than prospects is extremely over the top. It's one thing paying 20/30 million for young players who are already of a decent standard (I.e. Wayne Rooney when he was young) but players who are far from being of that quality should never be priced like they are in the game (from my experience so far)

That's a fair point. However, just for a moment imagine if every smaller club did indeed sell their best prospects for, say, £5m to £10m every time you tried to buy them. In my opinion this would make the game extremely easy in the long term. It would be pretty straightforward to build an unbeatable team by simply signing up the best prospects for relative peanuts, especially if you're managing a top club.

I think it's quite likely that the programmers intentionally made the best prospects more difficult to sign in order to preserve the long term challenge of the game.

That's a fair point. However, just for a moment imagine if every smaller club did indeed sell their best prospects for, say, £5m to £10m every time you tried to buy them. In my opinion this would make the game extremely easy in the long term. It would be pretty straightforward to build an ultra team by simply signing up the best prospects for relative peanuts, especially if you are managing a top club.

I think it is likely that the programmers intentionally made the best prospects more difficult to sign in order to preserve the long term challenge of the game.

^^ This.

It's been discussed before, it's just the games way of telling you the players are not for sale. And you are right it would lead to it being so easy it wouldn't be playable.

Hey Mods

Cheers guys

To be fair, I did ask you to report it and upload your save to the FTP. Many "reported" the issue, but no-one has provided any examples to work with and investigate. Yours seem to be high across the board, even the AI.

Are badges still bugged? I've been at one for more than six months now, the news item said it would take around four months to complete it.

You'd need to be more specific. Is this what you mean? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/404825-Manager-Coaching-Course-Issue

Who are you managing? They're not asking for 30-40 million. They're telling you they don't want to sell unless you offer silly money. That's obvious. Did you do anything to unsettle these players?

It's a minor thing but I'm used to being able to deselect players from their position with a right click in the tactics menu. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and I'm aware that clicking on a player brings up an option to remove them from the position, but this has forced me to use the squad screen for picking the squad, then going to the tactics screen to fine-tune roles, whereas it used to be possible to do all in one page before.

You are basically doing the same as me with the tactics and squad screen. It is possible to right click to remove players click the position/role column I'm not 100% sure that it is called but it's the different coloured bit where it says for example Advanced Forward/Attack. Doesn't work right clicking anywhere else but on that column it definitely does.

The dots on the 2D match engine (not 2D classic) are too small permanently now. Used to be they were fine until you saw a 3D replay then went back to 2D, now they're tiny from the off. This is the view I watch more than others, any plans to sort this for release?

Overall diameter is the same for both, it's their feet that cause this effect :)

Overall diameter is the same for both, it's their feet that cause this effect :)

I'm not comparing them to the 2D classic size, I'm comparing them to what size they used to be on this mode. I did a screenshot comparison on another thread. I had got used to not watching 3D replays to keep them the same size throughout, now they're small from the start. It's annoying.

Semi-OT

Has anyone ever had success just picking one of the default tactics from the drop downs and picking their best 11 ?

Yes, I selected 4-2-3-1 narrow because my new squad lent themselves to it more than any other, retrained any decent players to positions I needed e.g. DM to MC (defend)

I'll change mentality depending on home or away and the opponent and auto select my team (odd tweak after that)

Then it's a case of scouring the free transfers, loans etc to get better players than I have.

After two seasons starting in Brazil Div 3 I've won my State League, The Copa Verde and Div 3 title.

Haven't once changed the lineup.

I'm not comparing them to the 2D classic size, I'm comparing them to what size they used to be on this mode. I did a screenshot comparison on another thread. I had got used to not watching 3D replays to keep them the same size throughout, now they're small from the start. It's annoying.

Have to see what roll out brings, what I'm seeing is fine, though 2D sprites do look a wee bit smaller.

Edit; I prefer classic anyway though.

How come in the league standings there's no info on who's the current champion? It used to be next to the league name, on top of the screen.

In FMC it's on the league overview page, I've forgotten what full fat looks like :)

I honestly believe the biggest danger with FM15 is over thinking, go right back to basic to start and only change things as it becomes obvious you need to, be that a single instruction or a player who doesn't fit. (however good he is)

I have 2 pretty decent tactics and 1 I play with just for the hell of it (very attacking) and all I do is little tweaks with each update where necessary, nothing too drastic, it takes a couple of games to see what needs changing and then leave it at that, a few team shouts and even fewer individual ones allowing the game to work it out for itself. So far no injuries after 6 pre season games, I keep training on balance/medium, 45 mins per game per player and let pre season games get them fit, maybe people are working them too hard too soon. Heavy training, less matches, light training more pre season matches, it's about balance.

I can't seem to find the option to talk to players to suggest a future career as a coach/scout etc even when they should be interested. Not sure if this has been removed?

Still experiencing occasional issues with the cursor freezing for a few seconds when hovering on some areas. Other main complaints I have are the much talked tactics screen and the inability to customize screens properly.

ME looks promising, especially for a demo. I'm seeing too many goals from corner kicks (both scored and conceded) but I really feel ME ha the potential to be very good very soon this time!

How often do you chaps use the in game team talks. Can't believe this, but I completely forgot about them.

When I'm losing I tend to go all out attack and change formation, change team instructions and use the in-game team talks.

I suspect I'll use them a lot more when I start my long-term save on Friday though, I'm still just mucking about with Beta really :p

Very rarely post but just to say I think this years game is outstanding and that it will only get better with the final release and subsequent patches is amazing.

Also I just scouted a player in China (he wasn't rated brilliantly, but he was a half decent prospect). He's on 165k a week and the scout report said I couldn't afford him. He plays for Guangzhou who signed him for 12.5k. But quite realistic and brought a smile to my face.

Thanks HUNT3R

I understand we need to help you to help us - i get it. I was simply asking if you guys see the injury issue as a "bug"? Or can you not make a call on this until you have saves?

Seems pretty obvious to me with the amount of us (users) affected by this issue that it's a "bug". Can you guys not replicate the issue with your own saves?

Thanks HUNT3R

I understand we need to help you to help us - i get it. I was simply asking if you guys see the injury issue as a "bug"? Or can you not make a call on this until you have saves?

Seems pretty obvious to me with the amount of us (users) affected by this issue that it's a "bug". Can you guys not replicate the issue with your own saves?

SI injury numbers are consistently below real life injury rates, and have been for some years. So there isn't really anything to replicate. hence why they ask for saves. People say it, but very few actually upload their saves.

Thanks chaps. I need to also work out if its more effective to use them less often. Otherwise might cause some confusion considering the pre-game and half-time talks.

Might use them in critical moments. Say losing with 10 mins to go or need 2 goals to qualify etc.

Thanks HUNT3R

I think the high number of users suffering injury problems is more down to them not understanding how to avoid injuries in this new FM, as opposed to there being a fault in the game.

Don't get me wrong, there could be a certain set of events that leads to an injury bug, or people could just be experiencing bad luck.

For most people though it's probably down to the fact that they've become accustomed to fielding the same starting 11 week in week out, to having training workloads set to above average, and not really worrying about a players condition getting low in the older versions of FM. Therefore when SI make injury levels a bit more realistic everyone cries 'bug' when really they just haven't adjusted to the new game.

In previous FM's I usually had 1 - 3 players out injured. Now I have 5 - 6, much more realistic and actually fun for me.

SI injury numbers are consistently below real life injury rates, and have been for some years. So there isn't really anything to replicate. hence why they ask for saves. People say it, but very few actually upload their saves.

Up until this years version of the game, i would completely agree with that statement. Never had any real issues with injuries last year. At most at one time i might have had 5 players out with previous versions of this game but now, after 2 PL games i have 10.

Would be great if someone could upload their save. I'm at work so have no hope until later. Sucks to think this will make it into the full game come Friday :(

I think the high number of users suffering injury problems is more down to them not understanding how to avoid injuries in this new FM, as opposed to there being a fault in the game.

Don't get me wrong, there could be a certain set of events that leads to an injury bug, or people could just be experiencing bad luck.

For most people though it's probably down to the fact that they've become accustomed to fielding the same starting 11 week in week out, to having training workloads set to above average, and not really worrying about a players condition getting low in the older versions of FM. Therefore when SI make injury levels a bit more realistic everyone cries 'bug' when really they just haven't adjusted to the new game.

I would have agreed with you if that was the case - if people were using the same 11 - if people were setting training to above average - if players are playing too many minutes in friendlies etc. But i can tell you from my experience (5 saves worth) that with each save, different trainings, different 11's, different tactics, i STILL get large amounts of injuries. On top of that, other PL clubs are also hit hard by injuries. West Brom had 12 at one stage! They're crap anyway, let alone with 12 men out lol

In my current 25 man squad, I have no injuries (other than one player with an orange status who is almost back to fitness). The most I've had at any one time throughout the season is three. The team with the most amount of injuries in the division has 8 players out, but all the others have five or less. It was like this during my first season too. In the league above (Premier League, on full detail), the most any team has out right now is six.

I'm really not seeing where there's an issue here.

In my current 25 man squad, I have no injuries (other than one player with an orange status who is almost back to fitness). The most I've had at any one time throughout the season is three. The team with the most amount of injuries in the division has 8 players out, but all the others have five or less. It was like this during my first season too. In the league above (Premier League, on full detail), the most any team has out right now is six.

I'm really not seeing where there's an issue here.

What's your pre-season schedule like re: training and what do you implement week to week during the season in terms of workloads?

What's your pre-season schedule like re: training and what do you implement week to week during the season in terms of workloads?

Light general training for the first week of pre-season, then heavy team cohesion/tactics training for the rest.

During the season, I try and avoid starting a player with under 90% condition wherever possible. When there's an international break and therefore 14 days between fixtures, I always give the players either 3 days or a whole week of rest, depending on condition. I'll also regularly rest players after a particularly heavy run of games, ie Christmas or Easter.

I leave general training throughout the season to the assistant unless there's something in particular I need to work on, and I make sure I have the relevant coaches training the relevant areas.

Obviously I do still get injuries, but I have noticed far more injuries throughout the U21 and U18 teams that I don't directly control. That kinda tells me what I'm doing with the first team is working, although I'm quite prepared for an injury crisis at any given time.

Right now, this is annoying. In the second season with Middlesbrough, and a particularly good regen appeared in March of the first season. Despite his age, he's actually played a few games for the first team now, and the bigger clubs have been sniffing, which is great. In the January transfer window, and I've negotiated a deal with Man City to sell him for £5.5million, good price for a 16-yr old Championship player. Deal has now gone through, and straight away Daniel Ayala has come to me moaning about selling one of our top young talents. Again, fair enough, but the list of responses is inadequate, and none of them cover the real reason (club was in the red and needed the cash). I suppose I'll need to try the first answer, but a bit more thought about these responses wouldn't go amiss.

zhR9KNR.png

Light general training for the first week of pre-season, then heavy team cohesion/tactics training for the rest.

During the season, I try and avoid starting a player with under 90% condition wherever possible. When there's an international break and therefore 14 days between fixtures, I always give the players either 3 days or a whole week of rest, depending on condition. I'll also regularly rest players after a particularly heavy run of games, ie Christmas or Easter.

I leave general training throughout the season to the assistant unless there's something in particular I need to work on, and I make sure I have the relevant coaches training the relevant areas.

Obviously I do still get injuries, but I have noticed far more injuries throughout the U21 and U18 teams that I don't directly control. That kinda tells me what I'm doing with the first team is working, although I'm quite prepared for an injury crisis at any given time.

Pre-season is more or less what I do. During the season, I just work on different areas depending on next opposition. Does having the assistant manage that part allow for a balance selection of say attacking and defending?

After a few days with the new update I'm quite pleased overall. My biggest gripe regarding the match engine is on crosses and corners. Defending of both has really regressed on the new update and most goals are scored from one or the other. Players receiving crosses are just left in acres of space and this is reflected well in the fact that corners are often received by an attackers foot rather then a head. Other than that I feel that goalkeeping and defending is much more solid.

I have a question, i have 3 youngsters who have been on loan to championship clubs, and all three have very little playing time, one with 3 games, one with 2 games and one with 0 games. Why cant i talk to their on loan club manager and ask\demand them to play them more ? (like fm 14). Is this not possible this year?

After some time playing around it's generally a big thumbs up from me.

The tactics screen has been mentioned repeatedly and I don't have anything new to say other than to highlight that, I agree it's not an improvement.

Opposition instructions screen has been mentioned less. In particular I wish we could still add custom columns, so I can see key stats and attributes and decide therefore how to set these.

on the day of the Champions Cup final, my player Asamoah is traveling to a friendly...need I say more?

and IRL managers think that the club vs country debate is annoying

yeah... take it to FM

-players called up for international duty ahead of the biggest game of the season

-fixutres during an international breka (I once had a prem game scheduled for Sep 6, yeah... great work there FA)

It takes too long before the touchline instructions are loaded. And any change in tactics too.

In preview patch, 15.0.2 those things went so smooth and fast!!! It was a joy to watch and feel. Now sux big time, like in FM 2014. Make them works like before, please.

Anyway, good work guys.

Archived