Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Not really relevant though, is it? This screen is, what, just under 2 weeks old? In your view, the fact that it hasn't been ripped out and started again is concrete proof that SI don't listen anymore? That's where the melodrama comes in.

And for the record, I'm getting on fine with the tactics screen. But I guess I must just be an awful person since I disagree with you.

Also got to say I haven't found the Tactics Screen to be an issue for me either (I concede this may be because I know the players in my team well and it doesn't take me long to set up or switch tactics). I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but usually the louder voices are from people that DON'T like something, those who don't have an issue to tend to stay quiet. In fact this forum is always going to attract those who have issues because people who don't have a complaint rarely leave much feedback because they're too busy enjoying the game.

You gotta ask how many people have played the Beta and how many haven't had a single complaint about the Tactics screen, or anything else for that matter. And it may not be as easy a fix as people seem to think it is, I've always known FM to be a game where you make a change in one area and a completely unrelated (gameplay wise) area ends up feeling negative effects.

Unfortunately the game is built for a wide array of users, not just the hardcore fans who like things a certain way, and there could be a lot of reasons why they have not/do not plan to change the tactics Screen, I can guarantee that none of those reasons are to annoy the people who mention it (a lot) on the boards.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also got to say I haven't found the Tactics Screen to be an issue for me either (I concede this may be because I know the players in my team well and it doesn't take me long to set up or switch tactics). I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but usually the louder voices are from people that DON'T like something, those who don't have an issue to tend to stay quiet. In fact this forum is always going to attract those who have issues because people who don't have a complaint rarely leave much feedback because they're too busy enjoying the game.

You gotta ask how many people have played the Beta and how many haven't had a single complaint about the Tactics screen, or anything else for that matter. And it may not be as easy a fix as people seem to think it is, I've always known FM to be a game where you make a change in one area and a completely unrelated (gameplay wise) area ends up feeling negative effects.

Unfortunately the game is built for a wide array of users, not just the hardcore fans who like things a certain way, and there could be a lot of reasons why they have not/do not plan to change the tactics Screen, I can guarantee that none of those reasons are to annoy the people who mention it (a lot) on the boards.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that either. If someone doesn't like something, they don't like it, simple as that. It's when people start to dictate what others should like or not like that I start to dislike.

I can kind of see why people don't like it, and if I had to look at it with a completely critical eye, there's probably a few small things I'd change, but I can't say I'm entirely disgusted by it as some are. It does a job.

So 2 games in a row with Roma now, i was up 2:0 before 10 minutes, and lost both games 5:2. One loss was to Cagliari, and the other one was to Sporting in UCL. Conceded 10 goals, and all were 2 type of goals. Some magical long shot where my GK is dead after the initial save and keeps watching the ball 2m from him while the oposition runs from their own goal and manages to hit it in before my GK stands up, the others are probably the worst kind ever, their wingback running past 18 of my players and crossing the ball in which means automatic goal. It's really annoying playing this game.

As far as I can tell, all 15.0.3 has done is make it almost impossible to score but left it just as easy to concede at the lower levels. No matter what you do tactically nothing stops opposition teams walking through you.

Tomorrow of course we find out how good the game is actually going to be, but by god this Beta has been almost off-puttingly awful.

Again Shortlists still annoys me...

We must have save as slf option for later builds... I had long time slf (From FM13 I think.. now seems acting like crazy.)

Ok I understand people want steam workshop etc... But I like to copy my files with old usual way... Copy and paste between my computers... import same shortlist too all different saves etc...

While sodding about on google I found some interesting injury topics from previous years;

FM10

FM11

FM14

Every year people complain about injuries, yet I don't remember any of those games being infamous for their high injury rates, do you?

Food for thought ;)

Not sure about FM15 but for the earlier versions each time people complained SI responded with real life stats. I can't recall if this was true of each year yu mention but in general FM was set to have very slightly lower injury stats than real life

I haven't offered much in the way of feedback apart from raising a couple of issues that seem to have been known and either fixed or being fixed. But heres a bit more:

Side bar: Big fan. Always liked the side bar in FM05-07? and have always looked for skins to download with them. So I'm happy with this.

Tactics screen: Not sure what all the fuss is about. Yes it's a bit annoying with the roles on the side but what I like is picking my team using it. Click on the player on the pitch and I like the drop down of all players suitable for that position. I like the little circles of familiarity and fitness and all the other info there. Very helpful when you first take over a team. And until they fix the customisable columns a better way of picking a team than from the squad screen which I've used forever until now.

I realise this feedback goes against the grain but hey, it's my opinion.

I currently have the beta and on twitter Miles said the game goes live tonight. Does that mean we have to re download the game? or will it change automatically for us at midnight. thanks in advance

Unfortunately stupid Amazon have decided only today to post mine, Don't they realise had they posted yesterday I couldn't have planned the game until early hours Friday anyway. I generally avoid steam purchases as they are more expensive

That's fine, but I would like to hear then, how the removal of relevant information from the right-hand side of the tactics screen is of added value. The way I see it, it boils down to extra clicking in order to obtain the same information as in the previous FM.

Could not disagree more. I've gone from conceding 2-5 a game to 0-2, and it now really feels like I have control over the team.

But, given this is my first game since FM13, can anyone tell me where the slots are to accommodate the three sets of tactics? At the moment I'm alternating between three every few weeks to keep familiarity up, which is hardly ideal.

Agreed, managing Cork City in the LOI and what started as 7-2 6-4 and 8-3 scorelines are now 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 and the odd 4-1..

More realistic, previoulsy if I was 3 down at half time it was easy to comeback, now its impossible without going 4 down..Proper football results

Just played one game in the demo.

First impressions:

-ui more fluid and responsive than fm14 on a retina MacBook Pro 15 top spec

-didn't like the tactics page and the overall feel of the theme. I am the last person on earth to complain about UI stuff because since i never had the habit of using shortcuts. That said, the tactic menu is a real pain in the ass, even for me. Being such a dark theme didn't help either.

-ME seems better and there aren't so many awkward stopped plays like in fm14 when your player falls down or there's a free kick.

-one weird thing i noticed is that long sleeve players are paper thin and have a torso of a 4y old and long monkey arms. I will provide proof if it shows again next time i play.

-Looking for a new player to buy also deemed a bit troublesome. I started with man united and couldn't be arsed to scout. I just needed a strong world class CB with remarkable leadership. Sure it shouldn't be so hard.

Anyway, it seems like an upgrade. I would just fix the obvious minor bugs and make the tactics screen more comfortable. Also brighten up the theme a bit imo. Overall good job SI. I will buy the game if these are fixed, but i will buy anyway even if they are not LoL. Just finishing my last fm14 save.

That's fine, but I would like to hear then, how the removal of relevant information from the right-hand side of the tactics screen is of added value. The way I see it, it boils down to extra clicking in order to obtain the same information as in the previous FM.
It isn't extra clicking. You can easily add columns to show the information you need to see.

It is a little inconvenient that your eyes need to shoot right to see formation, then left to see roles. There would have been reasons for SI not being able to do it and I am quite sure they did think of it as well when designing this area. We don't know if there were any technical limitations or issues.

I would have liked to see roles (even if it is view only) added to the pitch on the right. It doesn't like it will be added, so it is what it is. I won't lose my mind over something as small as that.

There's always a bedding in process when you start a new game bit I agree with Tanzinho, it's been ridiculous in this beta. Virtually every game I've played in has had a minimum of 5 goals a game, varying between my side and the opposition winning. Now I'm all for realism and implementing your ideas as a manager but our teams look like either world beaters or pub team standard from one game to the next.

Cannot wait for the full game. Hopefully they did this so when the official release is out and it's AMAZING we will look back and think 'wow SI smashed it!'

I reiterate hopefully. This beta phase has been awful.

The Update 15.0.3 is so frustrating that I almost want to quit playing. The GK i getting worse. Ball watching with ball at his feet and waiting for the attacker to come and put in the goal. It happens alot. And they are unresponsive and slow tol react and make silly saves with there foot..

Almost every higlight is a deadball. And almost every goal is a corner/IFK or a cross from the wing, or a long shot rebound (unresponsive goalie/defender). The 15.0.2 was better an I really enjoyed it. Now its alost ruined as you lose all respect for the ME with so many stupid repetetive goal and mistake patterns.

Guest El Payaso
Congratulations, can I suggest you invest some of your time helping out in the tactics forum, as there's plenty of people who would benefit from what you have achieved.
I really don't think that I am the right person to give tips to anyone because tactics are the part of this game that I don't 'believe in'. BTW: you don't have to quote the whole message when you are only referring a small part of it.

There doesn't seem to be any transfer requests whatsoever. Sunderland went down and no players handed one in or left. I bid for a couple and they went unhappy and moaned but didn't force a move through.

Transfer requests are a thing anymore, they don't happen that often in real life so the game now goes about it in a different way with players just getting unhappy and trying to force through a move.

The Update 15.0.3 is so frustrating that I almost want to quit playing. The GK i getting worse. Ball watching with ball at his feet and waiting for the attacker to come and put in the goal. It happens alot. And they are unresponsive and slow tol react and make silly saves with there foot..

Almost every higlight is a deadball. And almost every goal is a corner/IFK or a cross from the wing, or a long shot rebound (unresponsive goalie/defender). The 15.0.2 was better an I really enjoyed it. Now its alost ruined as you lose all respect for the ME with so many stupid repetetive goal and mistake patterns.

Saying the ME still has issues is a fair criticism, but saying it's got worse since 15.0.3 is just ridiculous.

Transfer requests are a thing anymore, they don't happen that often in real life so the game now goes about it in a different way with players just getting unhappy and trying to force through a move.
so you can effectively just keep a player for 3/4 years unhappy? That's not very realistic either is it?

It just wouldn't happen, them being unhappy doesn't even affect price seemingly.

so you can effectively just keep a player for 3/4 years unhappy? That's not very realistic either is it?

It just wouldn't happen, them being unhappy doesn't even affect price seemingly.

Alan Hutton was frozen out for a good couple of years at Villa.

False alarm, my bad. Pending transfers and whatnot :D

no,no..it's not your bad. It does so on mine save too. I'm Fiorentina, have sold Cuadrado for 48 million and I scout some guy from 2.bundesliga whose value is 3.2 million and the scout report says like "club can not afford the player"..but on the second report he says "player could be available for 6 million"..on the third report again "can't afford"..so i recon it's a bug. not a big one but still...

Winston Bogarde seemed pretty happpy collecting his wages while not needing to play for several years at Chelsea.

Winston Bogarde seemed pretty happpy collecting his wages while not needing to play for several years at Chelsea.

Two cases in how many?

Also they are cases of club not wanting them. Very rarely does a player decide to up sticks and argue with the club then stay for years... It just isn't realistic

Anyway, it seems like an upgrade. I would just fix the obvious minor bugs and make the tactics screen more comfortable. Also brighten up the theme a bit imo. Overall good job SI. I will buy the game if these are fixed, but i will buy anyway even if they are not LoL. Just finishing my last fm14 save.

In regards to the tactics screen, stick with it. Af first, I loathed it to the point that I got a week's ban on here for (jokingly) posting what fate should befall the person who designed it (I kid you not), but since then I've got used to it, and I now kinda like it. It's far from ideal, and it's a mile away from the perfect tactics screen in FM14, but it is what it is, and when you're used to it, it's really not that bad.

It's more realistic than letting them go just because they asked. Think of Malouda at Chelsea wanted to leave but they refused so he played for the reserves for a year.

It's more realistic than letting them go just because they asked. Think of Malouda at Chelsea wanted to leave but they refused so he played for the reserves for a year.

I agree but there should be a balance, depending on personality etc.

Anybody else noticed it takes ages to get up to match fitness in pre season?

For people moaning about the effectiveness with cross balls, it would be advisable to pull up the match stats and have a look at the completed crosses stat. For my last few matches, both teams cross completion percentage is very low, which means that not every cross is a goal, and in fact, the fullbacks are doing an effective job of stopping them.

Goals WILL come from crosses, and if you play a formation with wingers and look to exploit the flanks, you will see a high percentage of goals from this manner. But don't mistake this for crosses (or corners) being overpowered, because they're really not in the grand scheme of things, well not that I've seen anyway.

Dude - its a known issue - FACT. SI are looking at it

no,no..it's not your bad. It does so on mine save too. I'm Fiorentina, have sold Cuadrado for 48 million and I scout some guy from 2.bundesliga whose value is 3.2 million and the scout report says like "club can not afford the player"..but on the second report he says "player could be available for 6 million"..on the third report again "can't afford"..so i recon it's a bug. not a big one but still...

I had/have the same thing happen to me on a FMC Weston-super-Mare save in the demo last night with some unattached players. The wages mentioned in the report are affordable and still wouldn't take me over the wage budget.

You don't literally "install" them, you just put them in the right folder - thus no game data is overwritten or such. So don't worry.

Edit: excluding new leagues of course, as mr. forameuss stated above.

Does this include the German patch which allows real players to be in the national team?

Saying the ME still has issues is a fair criticism, but saying it's got worse since 15.0.3 is just ridiculous.

No not in my experience. It very repetetive and not much "nice" gameplay. Its who scores the most on deadball and crosses that win, spiced with endless longshoots going wide, instead of passing to a better postioned teammate, and Direckt free kicks going into the stands.

Its boring and frustrating.

Dude - its a known issue - FACT. SI are looking at it

SI 'looking' at it doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged, they're merely responding to feedback. But you know what it's like on here. From now, every time someone scores or concedes from a cross in their game, they're going to be narked about it. What'll likely happen is the next update will completely nerf wingers, and people will be moaning that it's unrealistic that Ronaldo never gets a cross in. They really can't win sometimes.

There may well be issues with certain tactical setups re crossing, but I'd be surprised if it needs major surgery. Only my opinion though, I may well be wrong, there's a first time for everything.... :p

Yeah maybe it is for a part. It is worth mentioning at least.

EDIT: I have described the situation in the bug forum.

It isn't extra clicking. You can easily add columns to show the information you need to see.

It is a little inconvenient that your eyes need to shoot right to see formation, then left to see roles. There would have been reasons for SI not being able to do it and I am quite sure they did think of it as well when designing this area. We don't know if there were any technical limitations or issues.

I would have liked to see roles (even if it is view only) added to the pitch on the right. It doesn't like it will be added, so it is what it is. I won't lose my mind over something as small as that.

Fair play, I suppose I can alter the columns so that I can emulate the relevant information. Cheers.

Archived