Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I have tried everything. Light, medium and heavy training. Fitness training, avoiding using players with below par match and physical fitness. Added rest days too.

So is there any truth in that story that there is a random Problem?

So you're just doing random things, hoping something will work? It might be a good idea to take a step back, think about things logically and how it'd be done IRL. Try to implement that then. It's worked for me.

Why don't you open a thread in the Tactics and Training forum? You and a few others could get a could understanding of how training works then. List as much info as you can.

One last thing: How are the AI teams doing in your league? Suffering from many injuries too; how many on average? How many do you have out?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're just doing random things, hoping something will work? It might be a good idea to take a step back, think about things logically and how it'd be done IRL. Try to implement that then. It's worked for me.

Why don't you open a thread in the Tactics and Training forum? You and a few others could get a could understanding of how training works then. List as much info as you can.

One last thing: How are the AI teams doing in your league? Suffering from many injuries too; how many on average? How many do you have out?

Perhaps the real bug is that there is no good feedback as to what your training is doing? I just try to put it as heavy as possible without too many people being unhappy and then lower theirs individually. Does it work? <shrug> Guess so?

I'm going to get heart trouble or too high blood pressure soon. Almost smashed my mobile after far too many games almost lost due to poor defending. In my game I often lead by two goals and cruising, but the opponent suddenly turns the game around and gets a draw. It does of course happen in real life, but not 5-8 matches per season and I guess it happens to the AI aswell.

I am loving Fm15 but there are far too many injuries. I've. Mentioned it a few times and have been shot down for it. "It's your tactics", "reduce the intensity of the training", "it happens if players aren't match fit".

Well it seems like this issue is being raised in other forums. Personally, my own team's tactics can now only be described as 'sedate', the training very light and I'm not starting with anyone below 90% fitness.

Done that for 3 matches now. The result? 5 serious injuries in 3 games, 3 knocks that rendered players unfit for at least the next game.

Now I've read that, despite denials to the contrary, there is a problem affecting some saves. It's rather random. Is there any truth in this? I've deleted my save and I'm starting again and suddenly there are significantly less injuries. Though I'm only 3 matches in.

First things first, injuries happen to every team in every league so you should expect some players in your squad to be injured all the time - Generally speaking around 3-5 injuries in a squad of about 25 is average. If this is what you are getting its normal.

As for reasons why injuries might be worse than this:

A) Training wise too little is as bad as too much, medium is good, heavy is ok as long as you don't get significant problems from it.

B) Tactics - Lots of reasons here from asking your players to do too much on the pitch to taking too much time on the ball when the opposition are being aggressive.

C) Players - Are they injury prone? bad injury history?

D) Bad luck - Even with good tactics, training etc teams do go through spells of bad injuries from time to time.

I'm going to get heart trouble or too high blood pressure soon. Almost smashed my mobile after far too many games almost lost due to poor defending. In my game I often lead by two goals and cruising, but the opponent suddenly turns the game around and gets a draw. It does of course happen in real life, but not 5-8 matches per season and I guess it happens to the AI aswell.

Opposition are behind with nothing to lose, they therefore play more attacking and risk more to get back in the match. What do you do to counter this?

It doesn't happen as often IRL because RL managers make changes to protect their lead.

Is it just me that can't make inside forwards or any kind of role with the cut inside with ball instruction, actually go for the goal as the description states?

I am totally fine with every single dribbling attempt failing, it should be very hard to be successful at that.

But I would actually like to see my players trying. Every time they are in a good position to do so, either on a counter attack or after a good flowing move that switched flanks and left him alone with lots of space in a 1vs1 situation.

He always, always ends up trying to dribble towards the corner and either attempt a poor cross or a back pass.

It happened to me also in fm14 until the point that I gave up on it and used a different tactic without L/R AMs. I hoped in fm 15 it would have changed with the new ME, but sadly I suffer from the same problem. I repeat, I do not expect my IFs to do the same as real life IFs like robben, but I'd like to see them at least try sometimes.

And yes, I checked if my players have any PPM about hugging the touchline, and they don't. I actually even tried to teach them the cut inside PPM with no success.

Can someone explain why the match speed controls have been hidden in the settings menu? Yet there are utterly redundant fast forward buttons (that are grayed out for the entire match) sat there within easy reach!

Another case of change for changes sake because I cannot see any reason have changed things.

Perhaps the real bug is that there is no good feedback as to what your training is doing? I just try to put it as heavy as possible without too many people being unhappy and then lower theirs individually. Does it work? <shrug> Guess so?

Most of the training "mistakes" are pretty obvious. I recently had someone who complained about injuries. He had Team Training on high and Individual Training on light, something I might argue is a little too high. That's not even the problem. He had friendlies every 4 days with the Match Prep slider all the way to the left and rest before and after games. That meant that they'd rest a day, have 2 days of Match Prep (which is NOT training, imo) and the play for 60 mins in a game. After that, it's back to resting and not training. One quick look at the Team Training screen shows you that.

As for your setup, if it works, great. Personally, I don't care too much if players are unhappy with training workloads. Very few players like training anyway!

Thanks for the improvements in connection with the Individual Player Instructions. Exactly what I mentioned last year has been improved (that you couldn´t lock individual player instructions for the same position for different tactics in FM14) and for me the realization looks great.

Also for me the tactics screen isn´t that bad. With a few cosmetical improvements it seems to be a good solution.

The game itself looks great for a BETA-status. I feel more comfortable ingame, the new UI looks great.

The only think I really worry about is the high amount of shots. 40 or more shots per game seem to be normal (but it is not in RL), the games are too restless. I would like to see more "boring" games, with the same amount of shots that can be seen in the simulated ones. Defensive tactics are part of the game, but it´s still very difficult to be a defensiv manager in FM. I don´t mean parking the bus, but a cautious style of play.

For the current status I´m really happy with the game and I´m looking forward to the full release. Great work :thup:

The only think I really worry about is the high amount of shots. 40 or more shots per game seem to be normal (but it is not in RL), the games are too restless. I would like to see more "boring" games, with the same amount of shots that can be seen in the simulated ones. Defensive tactics are part of the game, but it´s still very difficult to be a defensiv manager in FM. I don´t mean parking the bus, but a cautious style of play.

I just had a quick peek at my last two games. 21 and 20 shots in the game. That's 10 shots per team per game.

Are you including AI v AI games or just your own games v AI?

Has anyone else had problems with players giving away penalties? I have had one player give away 6 pens in 5 games through needless fouls in the box. Is this something that anyone else has found or just extraordinary bad luck?

My Brackley side have conceded two penalties in 38 games.

You've obviously hired Galty as a defensive coach.

Hi Toin - could you try going into the Interface section of your FM Preferences, and changing rendering mode to Software, not GPU Assisted? Let me know if that solves this for you.

Thank you for your answer. I tried that and it fixed the initial problem, but it actually looks worse now haha

weyrdm7.png

Hmm...43 pages...I hope the "opposition scoring from 98% of set-pieces/corners" has been addressed.

Seriously, I'm considering just throwing in the towel for right now and taking the short wait until friday hoping they've fixed this stuff. The opposition scoring from the majority of corners makes this unplayable.

I guess it is okay to put feedback from the demo in here.

I've played a pre-season and there are a few things that are really irritating when you are managing friendlies that get downgraded to niggles in normal matches. Filling out a team with 12 subs is real pain on the pre-match or tactics selection team, the drop down menu that lists every player for you to scroll through works horribly. Also I like to change my entire team during a friendly to try and get the whole squad match fit, the time it takes to show 11 subs done all at once is awful.

Scouting looks better. The only problem I am having is when I try to manually assign a scout to scout the opposition the game automatically chooses a scout to do the assignment. I guess it is choosing the best scout for the job, but it isn't who I wanted to do the job. I wanted the scout that was chosen to scout around Central Europe which is going to be a bit hard to cram in between Championship games and use my Chief Scout to scout the opposition whilst also checking out any specific players I want scouted.

Edit: I forgot about this but when you select a position on the tactics screen and it brings across the Picked (position selected) information, there is so much wasted space there. Maybe everyone else that plays the game uses a lower resolution then 1920x1080, but at that resolution there is more then enough room to have the both the Description and Important Attributes tabs show on the screen at the same time.

I just had a quick peek at my last two games. 21 and 20 shots in the game. That's 10 shots per team per game.

Are you including AI v AI games or just your own games v AI?

The AI v AI games are alright. I also have around 20-25 shots per game there which is very realistic. But although I often play defensive or counter tactics the average amount in my games vs AI is much higher. Some games are ok, but in many games something like 25-14 is daily business.

Eurogamers review sounds to me like some the issues raised on this forum haven't even been looked at/fixed and even used the word "rushed". UI is not good and I am disappointed that this "beta" has not prompted a change.

If when I get the full release on Friday the big issues have not even been addressed, this will be the final year I buy on release/before.

The AI v AI games are alright. I also have around 20-25 shots per game there which is very realistic. But although I often play defensive or counter tactics the average amount in my games vs AI is much higher. Some games are ok, but in many games something like 25-14 is daily business.

So it's something related to your tactics then, would you agree? If you're doing well, don't worry too much, but there's always the tactics forum if it is bugging you :)

I'm using two different tactics, a Standard 442 and a Counter 4141. Neither is giving me high shot counts for or against.

Eurogamers review sounds to me like some the issues raised on this forum haven't even been looked at/fixed and even used the word "rushed". UI is not good and I am disappointed that this "beta" has not prompted a change.

If when I get the full release on Friday the big issues have not even been addressed, this will be the final year I buy on release/before.

If you believe reviewers who get paid by the word then you need help mate, get the Demo, make your own mind up.

They maybe are playing the same build we are, though in general reviews are trending a lot lower than normal , the Meta score is currently 78 compared to mid 80'd for all FM's since 11

If you believe reviewers who get paid by the word then you need help mate, get the Demo, make your own mind up.

And yet SI make a thread about the review scores.

Once again something isn't like it should be/realistic if you ask me. I won my first match in CL quarter final 5-1 and at half time second game I was 3-0 up (8-1 agg). Playing counter attack with men behind the ball, started the second half and went for a shower. Came back and saw that I just had managed to reach semis after 8-7 agg, lost second half 6-0. That just isn't realistic, every team in the world would have given up after 8-1 agg at half time, we're not talking Real Madrid against some obscure minnow (I play Liverpool and opponent was Zenit)

Seriously, I'm considering just throwing in the towel for right now and taking the short wait until friday hoping they've fixed this stuff. The opposition scoring from the majority of corners makes this unplayable.

I have now played the Demo and it seems far better than either version if the Beta.

Things looking up for Friday :thup:

I have been playing the beta. And if you've actually read the eurogamer review then you'll know that the person who reviewed it is an FM fan. Their review highlighted the biggest complaints that I and others have raised on here. If the review copy is what we are getting then they didn't change a damn thing.

Once again something isn't like it should be/realistic if you ask me. I won my first match in CL quarter final 5-1 and at half time second game I was 3-0 up (8-1 agg). Playing counter attack with men behind the ball, started the second half and went for a shower. Came back and saw that I just had managed to reach semis after 8-7 agg, lost second half 6-0. That just isn't realistic, every team in the world would have given up after 8-1 agg at half time, we're not talking Real Madrid against some obscure minnow (I play Liverpool and opponent was Zenit)

So your counter attack tactic is good with against the "standard" tactics, but when opposition throw the kitchen sink at you, it crumbles. Time for a re-think :)

I have been playing the beta. And if you've actually read the eurogamer review then you'll know that the person who reviewed it is an FM fan. Their review highlighted the biggest complaints that I and others have raised on here. If the review copy is what we are getting then they didn't change a damn thing.

Perm any two reviews from 3, they know less about the game than the regulars here by some considerable distance.

Perm any two reviews from 3, they know less about the game than the regulars here by some considerable distance.

okay..? Just because they know less about the game doesn't mean that they are wrong, does it? Bad UI is spottable for any person who uses a computer.

I'm loving many of the new changes but i can't take the tactics screen as many have already mentioned,why on earth has that been changed when nothing was wrong with it?

There is way too much information all squeezed into one space,having the old version where we change player roles by clicking under the shirts was perfect,now it's confusing.

I'm having the exact same 'too many injuries' and 'too many goals' issues.....lost my LB, both CBs and a ST in just three friendlies, for between 2 and 8 weeks each. Those friendlies finished 4-0, 5-3, 5-2. Some of the conceded goals may well have been because of the injuries in the defence, I ended up with 2 18 year olds, a 16 year old and an ML for 58 minutes in the last. Ok, the friendlies were against lower opposition, and naturally being the start of the season the players are unfit, but it does feel as though there are more than would be considered 'realistic'. Incidentally, all the injuries were caused by fouls, nothing to do with training.

I'm having the exact same 'too many injuries' and 'too many goals' issues.....lost my LB, both CBs and a ST in just three friendlies, for between 2 and 8 weeks each. Those friendlies finished 4-0, 5-3, 5-2. Some of the conceded goals may well have been because of the injuries in the defence, I ended up with 2 18 year olds, a 16 year old and an ML for 58 minutes in the last. Ok, the friendlies were against lower opposition, and naturally being the start of the season the players are unfit, but it does feel as though there are more than would be considered 'realistic'. Incidentally, all the injuries were caused by fouls, nothing to do with training.

That's unusual in the saves I've started where injuries were "significant" it was always training injuries in the run up to friendlies which were worst.

okay..? Just because they know less about the game doesn't mean that they are wrong, does it? Bad UI is spottable for any person who uses a computer.

I'm not disagreeing on ONE aspect of the UI, other than that it's point scoring bunkum as far as I'm concerned.

I thought our esteemed mods said there was nothing really different between Beta and Demo.

Anything specific you've noticed ?

Lower scoring games including those between AI managers, haven't conceded from a corner yet, less long balls, i found the original beta fairly easy, the current update fairly difficult, the Demo has moved back towards being easier (mainly because you aren't constantly undone by corners).

Players seem to follow instruction better so your tactic seems to perform more in line with expectations.

I never had a problem with injuries in the beta but in the demo i'm picking up a lot, manageable but hard work.

Lower scoring games including those between AI managers, haven't conceded from a corner yet, less long balls, i found the original beta fairly easy, the current update fairly difficult, the Demo has moved back towards being easier (mainly because you aren't constantly undone by corners).

Players seem to follow instruction better so your tactic seems to perform more in line with expectations.

I never had a problem with injuries in the beta but in the demo i'm picking up a lot, manageable but hard work.

After release we'll tell you the actual difference between the two :D (maybe :p)

And don't forget neither HAS to be the release version, SI are good at keeping secrets.

So it's something related to your tactics then, would you agree? If you're doing well, don't worry too much, but there's always the tactics forum if it is bugging you :)

I'm using two different tactics, a Standard 442 and a Counter 4141. Neither is giving me high shot counts for or against.

I agree that this is possible. Yesterday I created a few defensive tactics and tested them a few times per tactic and in many of this games with different defensive ideas I had this problem. It´s only a first impression of course, I didn´t deeply think about all the possibilities the game is giving me. I´m playing the series since FM07, and often created good working defensive philosophies. But in comparison with older FMs it seems to be quite "turbulent" what I see on the pitch in the first games of FM15 (and in FM14 as well). And yes, of course a (maybe big) part of the problem could be me so far :) so it´s good to hear your opposite experiences, I´d be happy if I would be the problem ;). I just have the general impression since 1 or 2 years that the game benefits offensive philosophies.

Clearly the review copy is an older version as some reviewers have been playing the game for over a week. As we've had bugs fixed and ME updates since then common sense should tell you not to worry.

So many drama queens on here, good god.

I agree that this is possible. Yesterday I created a few defensive tactics and tested them a few times per tactic and in many of this games with different defensive ideas I had this problem. It´s only a first impression of course, I didn´t deeply think about all the possibilities the game is giving me. I´m playing the series since FM07, and often created good working defensive philosophies. But in comparison with older FMs it seems to be quite "turbulent" what I see on the pitch in the first games of FM15 (and in FM14 as well). And yes, of course a (maybe big) part of the problem could be me so far :) so it´s good to hear your opposite experiences, I´d be happy if I would be the problem ;). I just have the general impression since 1 or 2 years that the game benefits offensive philosophies.

I honestly believe the biggest danger with FM15 is over thinking, go right back to basic to start and only change things as it becomes obvious you need to, be that a single instruction or a player who doesn't fit. (however good he is)

Bare in mind your tactics can be quite 'turbulent' during the Beta phase, obviously whenever a match engine update rolls around it'll likely at least have a subtle impact on your tactics while other ME updates might mean a whole tactical rethink. Comes with the territory of having such a complicated ME system that we all love, and occasionally hate :D

And yet someone else playing the demo:

Don't believe everything. People experience very different things as there are a lot of variables.

Incidentally, all the injuries were caused by fouls, nothing to do with training.

But if you do have a heavy training regime it will increase the chances of your players getting injured. There are some injuries that are just unlucky in the sense that you can't prevent a bad tackle from an opposition player, but you can make sure your players stay fitter in a match and therefore have less chance of getting injuries if you lower their training workload.

Not saying that is the cause of your problem, just pointing out that it can still all come back down to your training regime.

And yet someone else playing the demo:

Don't believe everything. People experience very different things as there are a lot of variables.

To be fair, we're agreeing on the injuries and red dragon conceded his high scoring games were pre-season friendlies and he didn't comment on AI scores.

It's an improvement at least, in the previous patch you had 5-4,7-5,4-3,6-1 instead of your results

Funny how everyone has a different experience. I thought the Match Engine in 15.0.2 worked a lot better than in 15.0.3. The results were quite normal with occasionally one high-scoring game here and there. But since 15.0.3 it's unplayable for me. High scoring games all the time (6-2, 5-0 etc.), full backs unable to make a decent tackling, every corner seems to be a goal (either direct goal or goal after some stupid rebounding from my defenders). I play with 4-4-1-1, Full Backs on defend duty, wingers with support duty, one deep lying playmaker and a defensive ball winning midfielder. Even if I switch to a defensive stance, I concede like hell.

To be fair, we're agreeing on the injuries and red dragon conceded his high scoring games were pre-season friendlies and he didn't comment on AI scores.

Now let's be really fair, you know better than most that you shouldn't judge anything on a few matches played on a changing wicket (excuse that :))

After release play at least half a season and then your opinions will have a darn sight more validity.

I honestly believe the biggest danger with FM15 is over thinking, go right back to basic to start and only change things as it becomes obvious you need to, be that a single instruction or a player who doesn't fit. (however good he is)

That could be a good point, in FM15 I tried a few new things so far. It´s also a good sign when things do not immediately work, we all want a challenging game.

Bare in mind your tactics can be quite 'turbulent' during the Beta phase, obviously whenever a match engine update rolls around it'll likely at least have a subtle impact on your tactics while other ME updates might mean a whole tactical rethink. Comes with the territory of having such a complicated ME system that we all love, and occasionally hate :D

And of course it´s just the beta, so it´s time enough to mature with the game :lol:

And this year I´m very optimistic as it seems that SI deliver a great product.

Archived