Round of 16 - Argentina vs Switzerland (17:00 BST) & Belgium vs USA (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game over.

Belgium are all hype, will get found out in the next round I feel.

According to the Belgians on here - "we play for results and nothing else"

so presumably they're happy with this performance. TBF, can't take it from them - been solid defensively and created plenty of chances. Just need to start taking those chances and they'd be formidable.

Regardless, they're not good to watch :thdn:

Well that should be that.

Belgium definitely have enough to beat Argentina.

Can see Belgium playing into Messi's hands though, leaving a lot of space for Messi to counter. Saying that, if Di Maria is so against passing to his team mates then Belgium have little to fear.

Origi played well, plus bringing on Lukaku against a shattered defence is no bad thing

Absolutely.

Origi's very good at linking up play whereas Lukaku's more of a raw physical guy for a direct game. Origi made sense at 0-0 (and created some chances himself plus was unlucky to head at the bar), Lukaku made sense vs a tired American defense and even more now being 1-0 up as he's tearing them apart with physicalness.

Belgium is looking increasingly impressive to me every match, and I think Argentina might well have a very bad time facing them.

Origi had a great game? If he hadn't been so good at stretching the American defence they wouldn't be as tired, allowing Lukaku to dominate them like he has

As the focal point of the attack and the man they rely on to score the goals, he had a very poor game. His running and dribbling was fantastic but that's a winger's job, not your No.9.

Nah. Origi could have won the game for Belgium with the amount of chances he had.

Should have scored but other than that he played well (yes yes, strikers job to score etc)

Cracking finish, mon USA :D

According to the Belgians on here - "we play for results and nothing else"

so presumably they're happy with this performance. TBF, can't take it from them - been solid defensively and created plenty of chances. Just need to start taking those chances and they'd be formidable.

Regardless, they're not good to watch :thdn:

I don't fault them for it at all - fair play to them, there is more then one way to win a match. As a neutral I find them boring and would rather they didn't progress really.

Archived