Match 32 - Group G - USA VS Portugal 2300BST

sean_oc16

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all :confused:

You are making it sound like I'm an American or some megafan of them or something. I've just stated I've been impressed by them and think on the showing of their world cup so far, they're the best side in their group. I don't expect them to top their group and I'm sure Germany will beat them.

You don't expect the side that have been easily the best in the group to finish top? :confused:

Feel bad for USA. Hope Germany and USA get a draw so both go through. Can see Ghana wiping Portugal off the floor judging by their performance tonight.

Anyway Ronaldo cheer up you moany, self-indulgent ****. You lot score a last minute equalizer and you just walk away and don't celebrate. Hate seeing things like that.

USA and Germany can just draw in the last game and both advance, I wonder if they will do that, it's very convenient for both.

I'm sure America will want to win to top their group and I'm sure Germany will not want to lose.

I don't think it'll be a high intensity game, but they won't 'settle' for anything. Both will want to win.

Ronaldo probably knows they are out unless he can score 3 or 4 against Ghana

think the US/Germany could be a really good game actually, wouldn't be surprised if it finishes a draw as Germany's defence is vulnerable

I'm sure America will want to win to top their group and I'm sure Germany will not want to lose.

I don't think it'll be a high intensity game, but they won't 'settle' for anything. Both will want to win.

What? Guarantee you America will rock up and just play for a point to go through, maybe hoping to nick a goal on the break.

But they don't want to risk going out. USA would of been happy to finish 2nd before the group started. Germany would have wanted top spot. Perfect scenario for both to play out a draw tbh.

Biscotto!

Indeed!

This concept is pretty common here too although it doesn't have a proper established name (we can say 'jogo de compadres' something like 'game of friends' though).

But they don't want to risk going out. USA would of been happy to finish 2nd before the group started. Germany would have wanted top spot. Perfect scenario for both to play out a draw tbh.

They play a cautious counter-attacking game anyway. They'll just play their natural game. They won't play for a point fgs :D

What G-Man11 said:

What? Guarantee you America will rock up and just play for a point to go through, maybe hoping to nick a goal on the break.

It would be silly to risk everything when a draw suits both.

They play a cautious counter-attacking game anyway. They'll just play their natural game. They won't play for a point fgs :D

I'm sure Klinsmann and Low can figure something out before the match :brock:

Archived