Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

4star signings..improve squad, give player roles that are best suited to them

I don't know your tactics of course but giving all the players the roles that best suites them doesn't mean it makes a logical tactic/set up. I think i used to make the mistake of giving the players the roles they're best suited to but the roles didn't make sense when looking at the whole picture.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I genuinely have never seen an 8-5, nor a 5-5 or even a 4-4.

I'm not saying they don't happen, as we have screenshots to prove that it does.

However, things always need a dose of context.

If all users saw this regularly, then it would be a big issue, but I'm not alone in not seeing such scorelines.

My current Serie A season after 12 rounds of matches....

Week 1 saw a 4-1, 2-4 and a 5-1.....31 goals total..

Week 2....1-4......29 goals

Week 3....5-2.......21 goals

Week 4.....5-1, 2-6.....36 goals

Week 5...4-2, 4-3.......31 goals

Week 6....6-0, 4-1, 6-0.....37 goals

Week 7....23 goals

Week 8....2-4....26 goals

Week 9.....4-3, 1-6...30 goals

Week 10...3-3, 4-1, 2-4...40 goals

Week 11...0-4, 6-1...30 goals

Week 12....22 goals

I really don't get what use tactical familiarity does..or training for that matter..seems to make no bearing on match result..

I have been playing for couple of months and every save is the same..

Develop 2 or 3 tactics

Pre-season..excellent results bring in 4star signings..improve squad, give player roles that are best suited to them...

Morale high...start season

Great start..one defeat...morale drops...lose games I dominate, win games where I have hardy any possession

Current season example (as Napoli..beaten Milan, Juve and Roma..lost to Sassuolo, Standard and Celtic)

Run of defeats..tinker, tinker, tinker..

.try different shouts...more direct--

change mentality and fluidity..

I have tried control and fluid, attacking and rigid, standard and balanced, etc etc

Every match is a case of hope this works..if not try change everything..

Why don't you try opening a thread in the tactics forum? Or have a read through the stickied threads there?

It sounds like you're just changing things for the sake of it, hoping that you did something right.

I would have thought so...so I have to guess?!
I think the assistant and your staff could definitely improve the quality of their advice. It should never be made clear as to why you lose though. Imo, that's too much hand holding.

I've just signed Robben at the start of my third season with Man Utd on a free transfer (offered contract in January). Even though he only signed a week ago, he's just announced that he's retiring at the age of 31 (32 in 5/6 months time) without ever playing a game for me.

I think the assistant and your staff could definitely improve the quality of their advice. It should never be made clear as to why you lose though. Imo, that's too much hand holding.

I agree that there shouldn't be too much handholding or the game turns into a click and win...no one wants that..

Maybe I am frustrating that here isn't enough within the game to improve my teams performance or do something about the goals I concede...

There is no consistency from one game to the next...match engine generates a random result and my training or tactical familiarity has very little bearing...'u are gonna lose this game 3-0...from two corners and a cross from byline'.....nothing to do with any tactics..

I agree that there shouldn't be too much handholding or the game turns into a click and win...no one wants that..

Maybe I am frustrating that here isn't enough within the game to improve my teams performance or do something about the goals I concede...

There is no consistency from one game to the next...match engine generates a random result and my training or tactical familiarity has very little bearing...'u are gonna lose this game 3-0...from two corners and a cross from byline'.....nothing to do with any tactics..

Agreed totally with this. I was just 3-0 down against Chelsea away. Went to a 5311 with the mere one central midfielder and a SS ahead of him (a horrible looking formation) yet got back to 3-3. So I'm thinking ok maybe 5 at the back is the only way to defend in this game. Play Spurs next and go two down. Get back to 4-3 up and lose 5-4 thanks to you guessed it two corners in the last ten minutes!

I'm getting the impression that every single phase of play you need to change something. You go a goal up it seems you need to tweak to ensure they don't get to 1-1. the opposition no matter who it is passes it around like Brazil passing through lines that it seems your players can't seem to tread like there is some sort of minefield they dare go. And opposition goals seem a lot of the time to be the result of a 20 pass move at 100 mile an hour pace, how many teams IRL do that!!!??? I understand in football that from time to time tactical or personnel tweaks are needed but you shouldn't have to tweak to counteract every mortal thing that is going on and that seems the nature of this game or that is how it feels. There is absolutely no "let them worry about us" scenario in the game it seems that you are playing against the ME rather than the opposition. I said befor and I'll say again this is the most random FM I have played or that is how it feels to play.

Neither of the above is true. If it was, no one could get consistency, and yet they do.

I tried this...after a run of 2 wins in 8 games in Serie A as Napoli..I copied someone's tactic from Internet...not exactly but changed 2 dms to cms and kept the 4-2-3-1 formation...changed mentality to control and rigid...

Won 3-2, 4-0, 3-0, 5-2, 3-0 and 4-0 in next six games...

same players are now world beaters...

im scoring loads more corners..even though I'm not training Attacking set pieces...8 of those 22 goals

Tactical familiarity is way down after tweaks but I'm getting more wins?!

So due to a a few shouts clicked in the right place I'm on fire!

Is anyone else having an issue with players, always taking short corners, even if instructed otherwise?

Have you got a player set up to receive it short in the set piece creator thingy? If so, your corner taker will generally pass to him even if you've set corners not to be short ones. Try moving that player into another area if that's the case, and your man will then put corners where you've instructed more often.

This has probably been asked a shedload of times before, but I can't ever remember seeing a free kick or penalty given for handball, or keepers handballing it outside the box.

Is there no such thing in FM?

I see the odd foul given for handball, unless my memory is failing me.

Penalties for handball? Very rare. Don't think I've seen it in this version. Same for keepers handling outside the box, although that doesn't happen very often IRL either.

I like the idea of an FM that is frequently updated. However, a subscription model works best for games when they are adding new content and are already happy with what exists. SI is constantly trying to modify what already exists, so the model they have now is not a bad one. Right now, a subscription model would make frequently unhappy customers as, just as they are getting used to one thing, SI patches it. The new patch means that some problems are solved, but other problems become more noticeable than before, so customers get annoyed all over again. I believe that SI will make a great game again sometime, but unlike Sydney, I do not feel the need to pay until I'm convinced that this great game has arrived. I really like FM 12, bought FM 13 but didn't play it, didn't buy FM 14, and will probably get 15. FM 13 had major flaws and a lack of variety, 14 has minor flaws, and I'm hoping 15 will be the FM 13 that everyone thought they were getting.

Apologies in advance for the mega quote, but...

These are my reasons why FM2014 deserves another patch. I think the game needs further improving - I honestly couldn't care less about FM2015 when my current game has so many very easy to see flaws. I know this sounds harsh, but imagine someone selling a different game, say a popular rpg - and they won't patch it anymore because their next game around the corner - even though this current game was just released a few months back? Wouldn't you feel disappointed or upset? I know I do, and I am someone who buys FM every year, regardless if I play it - just to support SI and the genre. Tough love is the only way forward sometimes. :D

Here is a list of my gripes with the game after 20-30 hours of play.

Match Engine

- (animation - major) Players sliding around as if they are on ice - this actually annoys the hell out of me.

- (match engine - minor) Crosses hitting the post or bar from improbable angles. This happens just far too often and needs to be addressed.

- (match engine - minor) Players through on goal, shoot from long range instead of running in and attempting to score. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be an annoying minor issue.

- (match engine - minor) Players sometimes dwell on the ball, instead of trying to beat their man. Sometimes a player through on goal will somehow waste an eternity and be pegged back by defenders.

- (animation - match engine - major) Some players seem to run into the ball and not try to control it (mix of bad first touch and lack of animations). I am not sure if this is the "first touch" bug, but to me it seems even the best players control the ball as if their arms were tied behind their backs or they had a stiff back. :D

- (animation - very minor) Ref not keeping up with play when handing out a yellow or red card. We literally have to watch the ref slowing walk to the player and book him. Why can't the ref be closer to the foul or jog/run to the player and hand out the card? This has been a problem even on FM2005! LOL :D

- (General Match Engine Feel) Players seem to be "skill-less" at times with the current match engine. This is hard to pinpoint, but it seems even top class players are clueless at times. I don't feel or see that sense of class that players should have. Even top class players in FM seem like they are sliding about, struggling to control the ball. I think if the "ice skating" and the first touch is fixed further - the players won't seem to be struggling to control the ball. It sometimes reminds me of a person trying to fetch an apple out of a barrel with their mouth... :D

- (Graphics - Minor) with the "close" view, you can really see some very poor textures for the stadiums in game. They are very pixelated and blocky and at times deters from the game.

- (Sounds - Major) - very generic sound in this game and has not improved at all in years. In fact the sound in FM is worse now than it was over a decade ago. Something needs to be done here eventually?

- (Realism - New view). Why don't we have a dugout view, where you actually view a match from the managers eyes? This view while not perfect to watch a game of football - is more realistic. This view was in a game called LMA manager and I enjoyed that "feel" of being on the sideline.

Game General

- (Major Issue) Team talks can destroy an otherwise happy dressing room too easily. I told my team that they played well, but need to be better against higher quality teams. This led to many players asking for a transfer request due to being so upset!

- (Minor Issue) When you tell a captain or vice captain to talk to a team mate to resolve an issue, it seems the issue suddenly becomes resolved yet no party comes to you with the outcome. The player is suddenly "happy" again.

- (Minor Issue) Too many high scoring games when viewing AI games. This seems to be an issue no matter what detail level is used. I have seen lots of 5-3 games, 3-3, 5-4, 2-2 etc etc. These are all on a new save.

- (Major Issue - Literally game breaking for me) Not enough transfer activity. It is virtually impossible to sell players, even for free and even loaning players seems difficult. The salary of the player also does not seem to affect this. Even players on low wages are hard to sell or loan off. This issue is really killing my enjoyment of the game and SI need to rethink the balance between realism and playability. I feel this wasn't a problem in FM2012 or 2013. I actually enjoyed selling players in these versions and being able to rebuild a squad.

- (AI Squad Building - Major) - I noticed very early in my 20-30 hours of gaming that big clubs seem to buy some really weak players. I can understand the AI is probably buying on terms of PA or CA, but shouldn't they also look at players attributes? I find it odd when a player with all 10-12 in their stats are starting in games, and playing poorly.

Tactics

(Opinion) The new tactics system takes the control away from the manager. There are many tactical decisions now removed from the manager, because they interfere or clash. This "dumbing down" makes successful tactics easier to create because managers are making less tactical errors. A tutorial literally blocks certain tactical instructions from being used for your team and players. Not only does it feel dumbed down, but it also feels difficult to truly understand how your team plays because many instructions are pre-selected purely based on roles. It totally makes it feel as though the tactics are purely passive in some respect.

These are just my major gripes so far with the game, and unfortunately I don't feel happy with the current product. I feel SI should at least release a patch to allow more transfer activity as right now I am literally stuck, even with a rich club due to a salary cap (not able to sell even 1 player all season managing Wolves.)

But, being honest, how many of these are things you could easily tweak in a 14.3.1, and how many are things you would add to the "eleventy-thousand new changes" for FM15? And how many of them are absolutely major enough to warrant a hotfix? Animations are never going to be touched in an interim release - but they will be looked at in detail for each major new release. The "skill-less" element I kind of agree with, but again there is no chance that would be tackled in a hot-fix. In fact, I'm struggling to see any of them that would prompt one. That's not to say they're not issues, as most of them are things that SI will probably look at before FM15.

I totally understand that the development cycle of FM2014 is now over - and FM2015 is on it's way in 8-9 months time, but the issue here is that the same issues will crop up - people will wait for the January Window etc. to start a new game and more than likely more issues will creep up.

SI need to rethink the whole method of releasing Football Manager and begin thinking of updating the game on the fly - similar to Minecraft or an online multiplayer game. Smaller patches, more often that target specific issues. I think for once in this games life, SI need to stall a release and as stated fix the current product "on the fly" as games like Minecraft do, then by all means - begin working on the next FM.

I would be more than happy to buy Football Manager and then pay for "seasons" or pay a yearly "subscription" to the game that is constantly evolving - rather than being completely rehashed with a new skin every year. I think this method will actually help solve issues on the fly one by one. However I know it probably won't happen. I know for one that I purchased Minecraft and Guild Wars over a year ago and those games continually evolve. Maybe SI can do something similar and for me it would be great knowing I don't have to wait until FM2015 to see if these issues are fixed as I know the game will keep evolving on the fly - with smaller more frequent patches. As it stands now, I will probably put FM2014 down and never play it again - which is quite sad. I am sure many love the game, but many also feel like I do. I want to be able to keep playing, knowing that issues I have reported will be fixed now, not in 12 months time.

I know SI do have the fanbase to create a new type of business model, as FM is always one of the top 5 games played on STEAM.

Why, from a purely business sense, do SI need to rethink the way they do things? They're consistently a top-seller across the entire platform, not just their genre. The "skip a release" idea is mentioned a lot, but that makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever. It might to the average consumer who thinks the game is terrible, but that's about it. Plus, even if they did, FM16 - or whatever was next - would STILL have bugs, because all software does. And I get the feeling that in that event, SI would just get the "You've skipped a release and still have bugs? OMG SI YOU SUX!"!". I'm not convinced smaller updates would make much difference either. Smaller updates more often means that the time for actual development gets shorter and shorter, because you'll be spending more than half the time testing. It also makes it harder to pigeon-hole bugs into certain updates. And you're still going to get people moaning, so why would SI change just to see pretty much the same results?

this is totally spot on:thup: if a product isn't doing what it should be it needs to be addressed, not tell the paying customer it will be in the next release of the said product, (FM15) I understand why SI release a new version each year but I would rather it was a 2/3 time frame for release of a new version and it was working correctly, as SI are the market leader but have let themselves down badly this year

But it is doing what it's supposed to be doing. It has bugs, like any piece of software, but it's hardly unfit for purpose. Do you think SI let themselves down every year? Because there hasn't been a marked increase (or decrease) in problems between versions for years. Since it's software.

You know what, i've only just read the last couple of pages of this thread, been playing the update since it came out last week, and honestly, you should avoid this thread, and forum completely, the game is far more enjoyable when you dont come on here and read the moaning. Top patch, has improved my enjoyment of the game hugely!

You know what, i've only just read the last couple of pages of this thread, been playing the update since it came out last week, and honestly, you should avoid this thread, and forum completely, the game is far more enjoyable when you dont come on here and read the moaning. Top patch, has improved my enjoyment of the game hugely!

Agree with this. Unlike with the 14.2 patch I am now largely not recognizing most of the critique in here.

I totally accept everyone's counter opinion to my ideas posted. However one thing I don't agree with is the sentence "Why, from a purely business sense, do SI need to rethink the way they do things? They're consistently a top-seller across the entire platform, not just their genre."

In my most humble opinion, Football Manager HAS NOT advanced in my mind, how I had envisioned the game would be today, back in say 2005 when I was one of the beta testers. In those days, I was in awe of the match engine and thought "wow, in 10 years this game is going to blow my mind". However 10 years later, the game at face value, seems to have not had those great leaps forward.

To be honest a lot of bugs in 2014, were around in 2005, which makes me slightly worried and could cause problems down the road. One day a company will come along and do things differently and quite possibly be a better game and bump FM off the podium. SI have failed in the past with FM Live and their hockey games, so they really can't take things for granted. This industry can be brutal and fans can be fickle. Right now there really aren't any genuine contenders to compete with FM, but one day there might be and poor releases or even a lack of advancing technology, ie "next gen" graphics etc will be the games downfall. Sadly everyone's used to how things are being done, and "good enough" is basically how the last few releases have been.

I am not moaning or complaining, but just stating that these bugs or glitches are enough to not make me want to spend more time on the game and quite possibly will deter me from playing a long term save. I just roll my eyes when I hear "we are now focusing on FMXX", when people ask for more patches, even if I understand the reasons behind it. I guess I am a harsh critic and probably a perfectionist like some others who have posted here, but I am just worried about the genre and FM. I am sure SI are also unhappy about their release and maybe they can take a step back and try to rethink how a lot of things are done. Maybe less "good enough" and more of trying to actually do more than expected for a change. I am sure SI can blow our minds with a next release, but the current business plan obviously is making the genre stagnate and the next release will just be more of the same. Good for sales, good for profits - but the product once again falls short ever so slightly.

You miss my point mate. I did not say the game has not advanced at all, it just could have been a lot better. However I know for a fact some parts of the game have not been touched in over a decade. :)

Anyway, lets not argue or whatnot. I just had some opinions and ideas - not everyone will be happy with them which is why I accept all opinions and ideas.

I get your point, but to counter, when they made Back to the Future, they assumed we would be going around in flying cars by now, technology and software does not always follow a linear path of improvement, at times they hit brick walls when it comes to moving things forward.

Anyway, i wont derail, back to restoring Leeds to where they want to be :)

I totally accept everyone's counter opinion to my ideas posted. However one thing I don't agree with is the sentence "Why, from a purely business sense, do SI need to rethink the way they do things? They're consistently a top-seller across the entire platform, not just their genre."

In my most humble opinion, Football Manager HAS NOT advanced in my mind, how I had envisioned the game would be today, back in say 2005 when I was one of the beta testers. In those days, I was in awe of the match engine and thought "wow, in 10 years this game is going to blow my mind". However 10 years later, the game at face value, seems to have not had those great leaps forward.

To be honest a lot of bugs in 2014, were around in 2005, which makes me slightly worried and could cause problems down the road. One day a company will come along and do things differently and quite possibly be a better game and bump FM off the podium. SI have failed in the past with FM Live and their hockey games, so they really can't take things for granted. This industry can be brutal and fans can be fickle. Right now there really aren't any genuine contenders to compete with FM, but one day there might be and poor releases or even a lack of advancing technology, ie "next gen" graphics etc will be the games downfall. Sadly everyone's used to how things are being done, and "good enough" is basically how the last few releases have been.

I am not moaning or complaining, but just stating that these bugs or glitches are enough to not make me want to spend more time on the game and quite possibly will deter me from playing a long term save. I just roll my eyes when I hear "we are now focusing on FMXX", when people ask for more patches, even if I understand the reasons behind it. I guess I am a harsh critic and probably a perfectionist like some others who have posted here, but I am just worried about the genre and FM. I am sure SI are also unhappy about their release and maybe they can take a step back and try to rethink how a lot of things are done. Maybe less "good enough" and more of trying to actually do more than expected for a change. I am sure SI can blow our minds with a next release, but the current business plan obviously is making the genre stagnate and the next release will just be more of the same. Good for sales, good for profits - but the product once again falls short ever so slightly.

You miss my point mate. I did not say the game has not advanced at all, it just could have been a lot better. However I know for a fact some parts of the game have not been touched in over a decade. :)

Anyway, lets not argue or whatnot. I just had some opinions and ideas - not everyone will be happy with them which is why I accept all opinions and ideas.

Before I start, completely agree with not arguing, as it's not what I'm trying to do. It's all about opinions, and for the most part you're putting yours across infinitely better than some. Anyway....

But could it? The way you're talking, it's like you expect the same amount of technological shift in each year, and I don't believe it's going to work that way. In fact, I think you'll see the rate of change flattening out each year, as the ME gets bigger and more complex. That means more to go wrong, so changes have to be smaller each time to make sure things don't go to pot.

On the subject of competition, again I don't agree. FM is pretty much 20 years in the making. Some features have been scrapped and rewritten, but the meat of the game can be considered as being an evolving module since the first game. Without getting their hands on SI's code, either legally or illegally, I just can't see any way that a company can come in and compete at this stage. It's not like they can approach it from another angle and simplify things - it's football. It's a finite set of rules that need to be modelled, and these do not change. It would be an absolutely enormous undertaking to even begin to compete. Sure they could come out and do everything else impeccably, and admit that the ME is just a dice. Some might like that, but without that ME, it's a losing battle. That's not even thinking about the database, which would be a massive logistical problem to get over. Not the toughest one I admit, especially if it's a giant company behind it.

Saying SI "take things for granted" is very unfair too. If that were true, there would be zero updates, and each game would just have a bit of a polish, and an updated database. Are they really unhappy at this release? I doubt it to any great degree - no more than any other release they've made.

Before I start, completely agree with not arguing, as it's not what I'm trying to do. It's all about opinions, and for the most part you're putting yours across infinitely better than some. Anyway....

But could it? The way you're talking, it's like you expect the same amount of technological shift in each year, and I don't believe it's going to work that way. In fact, I think you'll see the rate of change flattening out each year, as the ME gets bigger and more complex. That means more to go wrong, so changes have to be smaller each time to make sure things don't go to pot.

On the subject of competition, again I don't agree. FM is pretty much 20 years in the making. Some features have been scrapped and rewritten, but the meat of the game can be considered as being an evolving module since the first game. Without getting their hands on SI's code, either legally or illegally, I just can't see any way that a company can come in and compete at this stage. It's not like they can approach it from another angle and simplify things - it's football. It's a finite set of rules that need to be modelled, and these do not change. It would be an absolutely enormous undertaking to even begin to compete. Sure they could come out and do everything else impeccably, and admit that the ME is just a dice. Some might like that, but without that ME, it's a losing battle. That's not even thinking about the database, which would be a massive logistical problem to get over. Not the toughest one I admit, especially if it's a giant company behind it.

Saying SI "take things for granted" is very unfair too. If that were true, there would be zero updates, and each game would just have a bit of a polish, and an updated database. Are they really unhappy at this release? I doubt it to any great degree - no more than any other release they've made.

Personally I agree with what Sydney666..

To me, it's because FM is 20 years in the making, that I can say SI takes things for granted.

I'm not a year in year out player of the FM series, but I have played a fair few of them, as far back as CM3. So I'm less in the camp of, this is good for FM standards, and more in the camp of, what's good for current gaming standards as a whole. FM isn't pretty, it's full of bugs, hasn't made great leaps forward, some problems that existed years ago, still exist, the database is out of date etc.

Sure, I'm a harsher critic than most, but that's only because I've had so many great times with the series in the past, that I want each iteration I play to also succeed. To me, for FM to be as old as it is, and in my opinion have FM14 be not up to par for the entire length of it's release even through patches is a disappointment. For me, this is taking things for granted.

This is just crazy buying! 2nd and 3rd season at PSG...

ParisSaint-Germain_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zpsb467eff8.png

ParisSaint-Germain_TransfersTransferHistory_zpsd45b1593.png

That is some crazy spending. I've seen this before in game, but not until waaaaay in the future when Barca and Real have disappeared off into their Spanish-bank-funded insanity. You could say that in the second season, they're at least offsetting some of their purchases with sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if FFP comes back to bite them.

one thing ive noticed that annoys me is how many times the keeper will throw or kick it out to the closest attacker an they shoot first time an score, happens ALOT

it even got goal of the season, fair enough this one was 37 yards ( my rb coleman come second with a volley from 30 yards in off the post should of won ) but normally it happens jus outside the box

I really struggled with this version until this update. Various tactics had my team playing well but I was plagued by bugs which meant I could never really challenge as I would lose "silly" goals constantly and end up with high scoring games. Since the latest patch the ME is much improved and the goals I'm losing are down to bad play or tactics and not bugs. Great job to all those involved, you've saved FM14 for me!

I have played about 5-6 matches in the current patch 14.3.0. Here are my observations:

- Match engine is much improved, players actually take their time to plan their attacks

- Slightly too many disallowed goals via offside (5 goals disallowed in 6 matches)

- A fair number of crosses hitting the post

- Players are generally able to defend better (i.e. taking more initiative in tackling, intercepting passes)

- Good variety of goals seen so far (e.g. long shots, headers, fluke goals)

Overall, a much better experience compared to the earlier patches.

I dislike the closing down/pressing. Playing a pressing game which is as intense as Bielsa's/Guardiola's/Sampaoli's currently seems impossible on this FM. I've had patience to see if my team will ever grasp it but they never do. I had much more luck on FM13, but I mean it still wasn't ideal.

Pressing on this game is just very mild. Closing down a player is essentially jogging up to them. And it's not just the individual closing down which is useless, there's no "squeezing the play". Players behind the player closing down(/jogging up to) the opponent don't squeeze up behind him to block off passing options. It's just dire, & frustrating for someone who gets a buzz out of seeing a team which plays a really enthusiastic, pressing game. You just facepalm everytime you lose possession & see the lacklustre closing down.

After 2 days of giving it a try, i really. really can't find a reason to continue to play with this ME. Too many flaws, too many randomness.

Is there anyone there who managed to play like Barcelona/Bayern ? I've never seen a team having CONSTANTLY more than 51% possession. I've seen Bayern being dominated by Steaua Bucharest in CL, i've seen Barcelona being overplayed by Malaga or Ajax.

1). As the guy above me said, closing down is extremely dumb.

2). Extremely, and i meant EXTRAORDINARY EXTREMELY poor decisions in front of the goal.

3). Low reactions from the defenders. It's always the attacking players who reacts first to a fluke.

4). High / Low Tempo doesn't work. I have set my tactics to RETAIN POSESSION, WORK BALL INTO BOX, LOOK FOR OVERLAP, SHORTER PASSING, with Rigid / Control, Very Low TEMPO and guess what? They all pass like rabid dogs. In some games i have 58-60% posession, in the very next game i'm under 45% against a full world class team like Fulham or Sunderland.

5). I hope SI staff will have a good summer vacation, and listen to what i said above, so they can fix it for FM17, because until then i won't bother buying another damned FM.

Many improvements over previous patch, however the finishing is infuriating to say the least. I imagine SI is trying to create an intense experience during the matches to where there are more than 2 highlights, but keep the scores under control, to where we don't see a lot of 5-5, 7-4 results.

The fact that your striker will most times try to remove the opposition goal keeper's head, with a powerful long strike, regardless of his "finishing", "composure" and other vital attributes, is frustrating me to where as much as i love this game, i can't play it anymore.

The supper keepers are back with a vengeance... I hope there will be a fix to this issue soon.

Archived