*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Match Engine v1339 Constructive Discussion & Feedback

Update 13.2.3, including a new match engine v1339 is now available.

Thanks for all of your feedback on the last update, much appreciated as ever. Please keep it coming constructively, all the info and change list for the update can be found here.

If you have any bugs to report please do so in the dedicated bugs forum here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yipeee! Though it is the non ME changes I am most interested in!

I didn't spot a mention of the loan fees nonsense....

Or of teams buying players they never use.

I hope (as is often the case) these are incorporated into other changes mentioned, or were too small to be mentioned but are fixed nonetheless.

Yipeee! Though it is the non ME changes I am most interested in!

I didn't spot a mention of the loan fees nonsense....

Or of teams buying players they never use.

I hope (as is often the case) these are incorporated into other changes mentioned, or were too small to be mentioned but are fixed nonetheless.

Stuart - the page you have linked to is confusing, it says "Dark Skin added" suggesting many of the changes are old ones.

Can we have a link to a page which ONLY shows new changes?

The new changes only are listed under the 13.2.3 header - it should be fairly simple to distinguish between them.

• SI Staff

We wanted to get the Match changes in particular out to you as soon as they were ready rather than waiting for the data to be sorted out.

The data update will follow within a few weeks or so...

First game Benteke of Aston Villa bicycle kicks the ball from the edge of the area to the head of Bent near the pen spot in the 3rd min of the game, didn't get a single highlight after it for the rest of the game.

Sounds realistic to me that with Villa! ;-)

Please note, we'd like this thread to be about feedback on the ME update ONLY, thanks in advance.

Well can we set up a 13.2.3 NON-ME feedback thread? Based on the limited non-ME changelist I'm not expecting many of the poorer non-ME issues to be remedied (although of course I can't say till I have played it later).

Well can we set up a 13.2.3 NON-ME feedback thread? Based on the limited non-ME changelist I'm not expecting many of the poorer non-ME issues to be remedied (although of course I can't say till I have played it later).

There are only 8 non-ME changes, not exactly enough for a dedicated feedback thread.

Done, Stu falling down on the job again :D

You can see for yourself and make your own mind up soon enough :)

Paul C, first, thanks for your ME efforts, much appreciated indeed.

I was just wondering if f.i. the throw ins bug was fixed. ( The bug that force ~50% of the throw ins to get gifted to the opposite team )

Other than that I am quite sure this time we are going to have a rocking ME !

Thx Paul !

Couple of first impressions (very small sample size, only maybe a half hour with the new ME):

- Dribbling almost feels overcompensated. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing players take off and run all around the defense, but right now it feels like if I want a player to take off and run he'll need an "often" instruction and a ppm. The very few times I've seen a player run with the ball he looks like he has lead in his shoes and is generally easily tackled. Perhaps this is intended and more realistic. Not many players in the world can dribble through the defense. I just worry that players don't seem to TRY as often as their instructions might indicate.

- pass crispness is awesome.

- Over the top balls are AWESOME. Rooney (an older version at 34) plays a DLF role for my team and at least twice in one match he started a dangerous line of play by dropping deep, and hitting a pacey winger with an over the top ball. Whereas before pacey wingers were mostly useful as dribblers, I am hopeful they will now be more dangerous getting onto through balls. As above, I'm worried that they won't EVER run with ball, but we'll see over time.

- I didn't see a ton of through balls, but not a bunch of terrible long shots either. The long shots I did see were realistic (no more 40 yard misses that end up going out for a throw instead of a goal kick)

- Generally, not many stupid backpass or GK decisions.

-Thank you for fixing individual training focus screen sorting. That drove me crazy.

-edit: forgot to add that defensive play on allowing crosses was mightily improved. Didn't even get a chance to see how well defenders played the ball in the air because service was more difficult. "cross from byline" will not be a game-changer..... it's still useful, I saw a goal from a cross, but it doesn't look like it's going to drive me insane anymore.

Overall I think this is a nice, big step forward. Small sample size, but I'm optimistic the game will be alot more fun with the new version of the ME. I'll post more impressions if stuff comes up.

Archived