Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree with that line up rhino. sahin surely deserves to play with 2 goals tonight and assaidi tore their rb a new one all night. only problem is sterling and assaidi are both better on the left. but stick gerrard just off suarez and **** 'no risk' downing off and i'll be happy.
Yeah, a fair point about Sterling and Assaidi. Hopefully they can share the two positions though, and switch. I'm amazed at how quickly Sterling has made the first team spot his own. Fantastic to see.

Henderson is strange. Is technically pretty good, good athlete too but is still too much of a coward. He needs to be coached to receive the ball and turn or go forward, so often he plays a pointless first time ball back to a drfender when he could be forward thinking.

If you compare him to suso its like night and day.

The fans were singing Brendan Rogers' name just a few minutes ago. Absolutely wonderful to hear, as I do genuinely believe he's the right man to take us forward, but to do so he needs our support.

Some very promising signs, and even though we've been pumped in the league we've played fantastic football for all but a small portion of our matches.

Just need a proven goal scorer. Should be easy to find one of them for a good price.

Sang his name earlier at the Hawthorns when we lost 3-0 and the United game. I'm surprised we won and how well we played. I have given Benitez stick in the past because I dont like his style of play etc but he has to take credit for a long of the youngsters coming through and Rodgers for having the balls to play them.

What time are the highlights?

Sang his name earlier at the Hawthorns when we lost 3-0 and the United game. I'm surprised we won and how well we played. I have given Benitez stick in the past because I dont like his style of play etc but he has to take credit for a long of the youngsters coming through and Rodgers for having the balls to play them.

What time are the highlights?

11.15 - BBC1 I think :)

I was bit concerned last year about Suso and Sterling as I thought they should be pushing for the 1st team and they didnt appear to be anywhere near it. Now they look like really good and have all the makings of a top international footballers

Not trying to rain on your parade, but as an Arsenal fan, I can warn you to not overhype youngsters too much.

Arsenal have seen our fair share of youngters coming through the League Cup only to not make the grade for a team challenging for top 4 (and hopefully building towards challenging for the title) and also competing in the Champions League.

Don't get me wrong, enjoy the progress. There are very few things more exciting and satisfying than seeing youngsters perform well. Just bare in mind that the gap between playing well in a League Cup, and being consistent enough to make a career at the top level is very very vast indeed.

Henderson is coming on as a footballer. Playing games will really help him. Does all the simple stuff right.

This is the thing with Henderson. It's 'OMG he's rubbish, sell him' and he cost how much LOLZ but he's clearly a very good player. What Liverpool get out of him is partly down to you. He's not rubbish, now Downing, that is freaking rubbish and beyond hope, he's older and has been rubbish for ages ... not sure why you brought him but Henderson is still young, still got things to learn and there's no reason to write him off other than he was part of this calamitious period of transfer dealings for you.

Sometimes it seems the art of coaching has gone. No one can look at players and work with them, everyone comes into clubs and wants money to spend. He did well at Sunderland, his talent has been recognised by others, including England. Wasn't rubbish when he came on for England in the Euros either.

I think he can turn out fine with some patience. I am sure hearing how rubbish he is must affect him

Henderson is coming on as a footballer. Playing games will really help him. Does all the simple stuff right.

you say that but he was playing really well at Sunderland before the move, i Remember Utd beeing interested at one point and i thought we was going to lose another bright star to the mancs, maybe they cooled there interest because they didn't think he was that great?

He played alot of games under Dalglish and didn't seem to improve. has he really got alot more in the locker to get better because at the moment i am not convinced? i just see him along side Downing and Carroll as expensive flops that will never return there huge transfer fees.

Suso will go to Barca. Its just a matter of time really, but as mentioned, wait until he is well developed so we get £30m for him :D.

Considering people say that European players have better tecnical ability than English players, why is it we seem to pinch alot of youngsters from abroad (Spain) train them up into good players and then the mighty Barcelona or Madrid comes knocking.. If we are able to train these Spanish players from a young age why cant we train our own Home grown players to have the same level of ability?

He played alot of games under Dalglish and didn't seem to improve. has he really got alot more in the locker to get better because at the moment i am not convinced? i just see him along side Downing and Carroll as expensive flops that will never return there huge transfer fees.

I dont think being stuck out on the right wing under Dalglish helped him at all. He isnt a winger and is a tidy central midfielder. When Dalglish played him there, he did pretty well. Like I said, he does the simple stuff right. Obviously I dont know what goes on behind the scenes, but he seems more confident playing under Rodgers.

Only caught the highlights of last night's game been it's really pleasing to see the young lads getting a run out and not only that, but performing really well. I'm a big fan of Suso and it's great to see him finally coming through to the first team.

Edit: Vam, he looked really impressive. Yesterday as a whole made it really hit home how badly Liverpool have overspent on Downing, Carroll and Henderson. There's so many classy youngsters coming through that were either free or a fraction of the price.

Considering people say that European players have better tecnical ability than English players' date=' why is it we seem to pinch alot of youngsters from abroad (Spain) train them up into good players and then the mighty Barcelona or Madrid comes knocking.. If we are able to train these Spanish players from a young age why cant we train our own Home grown players to have the same level of ability?[/quote']

these players are already gifted when they come to us. of course we try and find gifted home grown players too, that's why we bought sterling and sinclair, but that shouldn't stop us looking abroad for them as well. it's not all about training.

Archived