Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many would have expected this out come after the line up was produced and even less when we went 1-0 down so quickly. A few of the senior players really need to take a long hard look at themselves as these youngsters have done us so proud tonight in so many ways. Some outstanding performances there tonight and I would give the MOTM to Assaidi. Looked a constant threat.

I thought he looked quite athletic in the summer too.

The lad has to be in contention to start games soon and should be tied up to a good contract pretty soon. None of this "prove yourself" stuff. He is going to be stupidly good, so let's get him long term.

Future looks so bright, I am willing to see us have a mid-table season if it means giving these kids a crack at first team footy. So many good talents its frightening, and they consistently show up the overpaid old guard like Carra, Downing, Enrique et al.

Not many would have expected this out come after the line up was produced and even less when we went 1-0 down so quickly. A few of the senior players really need to take a long hard look at themselves as these youngsters have done us so proud tonight in so many ways. Some outstanding performances there tonight and I would give the MOTM to Assaidi. Looked a constant threat.

couldnt agree more. i found myself thinking towards the end i might just tune into our league cup campaign and forget the league for now... the youngsters are really standing up to be counted and none of them were poor tonight, really exciting to watch too.

The fans were singing Brendan Rogers' name just a few minutes ago. Absolutely wonderful to hear, as I do genuinely believe he's the right man to take us forward, but to do so he needs our support.

Some very promising signs, and even though we've been pumped in the league we've played fantastic football for all but a small portion of our matches.

Just need a proven goal scorer. Should be easy to find one of them for a good price.

I think he might start on Saturday. Basically it's one of him, Henderson, Sahin and Suso will be the most fresh.Reina, Johnson, Coates, Skrtel, Enrique, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Suarez, Borini?
I'd go: Reina; Enrique, Coates, Skrtel, Johnson; Gerrard, Sahin, Allen; Assaidi, Sterling; Suarez

I'd also plan some game time for Suso, Pacheco and either Yesil or Robinson.

Archived