Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Segura left over a month ago (there are articles out there dating to mid-August announcing this) :confused:

He quit to return to Spain and it was reported in the Echo that he left because he was overlooked for promotion as Rodgers brought in his own people.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goals conceded stat is a little misleading I think.

WBA - first was a wonder goal and we simply fell apart after Agger's sending off.

City - 2 shocking individual errors

Arse - Reina error for the one I can remember

Sunderland - poor defending, no real excuse for that.

Utd - another 1 in 100 finish and a dubious pen.

If you look at it like that, provided we cut out individual errors ofc, that pattern won't go on all season.

Wish we would score them 1 in 100 type finishes every now and again. Can't remember the last time, Luis v Stoke was it?

That was a truely brilliant goal which he tee'd up for himself and put it exactly where he wanted it. Brilliant finish. Rather than a 1 in 100, I would put that down as brilliant skill where as the Gera chance was a hit & hope sort of effort. I would say Coates against QPR :cool:.

From BBC Sportsday:

Jerome Sinclair, who celebrated his 16th birthday last Thursday, could become the youngest player in Liverpool's history after being promoted to the first-team squad for the League Cup third-round tie at West Brom.

Manager Brendan Rodgers is considering naming Sinclair among his substitutes, according to the Liverpool Echo, and if he comes on he will beat the record currently held by Jack Robinson, who made his debut at the age of 16 and 250 days against Hull in May 2010.

I can see Brendan fielding a very young team tonight and rightly so.

Jerome Sinclair has been very impressive for the u18's so far, he looks like he could be another Sterling level talent. Another one of our ever growing crop of talent getting a chance would be good news in my opinion. Much rather see a young, hungry player with talent getting games instead of a 60k a week jobber like Downing who consistently disappoints game in, game out.

Archived