Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Suso started the second half brightly but drifted out of the game a little. Wasn't expecting too much from what was his first league appearance though (iirc?)

Didn't help him that we started to tire as a team from about 70 mins onwards too. He didn't get much service later on.

Can't fault anybody for today really, other than Shelvey for being unable to tackle, and Carragher just for still being on the playing staff. We dominated the game first half, still looked threatening with 10 men throughout the second half, and were undone by a terrible refereeing performance. We can move onto an easier run of fixtures now, but we can't afford any slip-ups for the next month or so.

thought Johnsons challange that lead to the penalty was clumsy, there was no need to make it and gamble that the ref would not do anything about it, it was a tight angle, Riena looked like he had it covered and the united player had already lost his ballance

It was at worst a very aggressive 50/50 by both players. He should have read them the riot act really.

I said as soon as I saw it, that it was a wild tackle by both of them but really a 50/50. Deserving of red for Shelvey? Perhaps? Could it have been a red for Evans instead, Yes?

We shouldn't be sat here talking about the ref, but once again we are

Ref's don't help themselves, at times.

They are positives we can take out of the game, such as we dominated, title contenders, for most of the first half until the sending off. I think what lets us down is our movement off the ball.

Anyone no how much possession we had in the first half?

We've got perhaps our hardest run of four games out of the way now - whilst not ideal in terms of results, the performances are definitely improving and we fairly soundly dominated the match yesterday. Think we're in for some good things ahead of us, the young players in particular are really stepping up.

I know both players were equally culpable in that "tackle" in which Jonjo got sent off, but I always felt like it was a challenge that never needed to be made. Shelvey has got to cut those out from his game, it's like Gerrard when he was younger.

Would love to know what we would have spent 40million on if Sterling and Suso could have been ready a year earlier and we didn't buy Henderson/Downing.

The problem wasn't lack of good players, so you needed the fund to fill the gap. The problem was you misspent on average players. So if Sterling and Suso were ready, with that kind of scouting abilities, chances are, KD probably would have misspent it somewhere else.

The problem wasn't lack of good players, so you needed the fund to fill the gap. The problem was you misspent on average players. So if Sterling and Suso were ready, with that kind of scouting abilities, chances are, KD probably would have misspent it somewhere else.

Yes the money we wasted in last 2 season's may have a long lasting effect on out club. I think soon to be released on sky sports is a list of teams that failed to make a profit last season and breaks the current Uefa rules on finacial fair play. sure they said Liverpool was among that group including all of the big spenders at the top..

With the new rule's it will make Rodgers job even harder to build a team trying to keep inside the profit loss margine not to mention the funds needed for a new stadium.. Hard to see how we are ever going to challenge or improve in the near distant furture..

well he didn't look that great in his first appearance. i assume training has continued in the same format.

if anything it seems rodgers will give chances to people that impress him. see sterling and suso.

He should get his chance now with Shelvey banned. If he doesn't take it that's his own fault.

Archived