Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just you on the Suso thing. Granted he was a bit raw and drifted out of the game towards then end, but he looked assured on the ball and worked it well on occasions.

The lad is only 18 and you can see he is a cut above players of that age already. It was also his 1st team debut.

fair enough, he just didnt seem to make an impression for me but it is very early days with him i suppose.

as for carra he was pretty awful, the yards he's lost makes him liable to give away a pen at any given moment and i'd rather not add him into an already mistake prone defence. that goes for enrique aswell. that display tonight was bordering on the ridiculous and i found myself waiting for him to score an own goal or giving a pen away too to cap it all off. against a very mediocre team btw.

Hmm, pretty bad, I think? He passed it in the air so Shelvey had to hit it on the half volley. Fortunately his striking technique was good (though I think a really a good keeper saves both Shelvey's goals). Think a pass all along the ground would have been better so Shelvey could just sidefoot into a corner.

Carragher used to read the game real well which made up for his lack of pace but even that has gone now.

the problem is that he used to read the game well enough because he knew exactly how much pace he had. now he's even slower but won't admit it to himself so he gets caught out.

Borini's pass was for Henderson. His body shape indicated to JonJo to let it go. Was very deliberate.

Did anyone work out how many passes led to Downing's cross on the first goal? I've not managed to watch a re-run yet and no-one on tv or the internet appeared to be bothered that we held the ball for about 2 minutes prior to scoring. I think we did anyway. Started with us playing it wonderfully out of a tight spot at left back.

Well, that's not true. He was pretty brilliant up until new year. Then he died along with the team. If he just cut out the 'playing out of trouble' in his game, he'd be pretty solid.

I get the feeling that he is trying too hard to get noticed by Del Bosque, the top class full backs need to be better going forward, otherwise they dont get a look in at international level. Most of the time. Doesnt explain Arbeloa, who is better at defending than attacking.

Jordi Alba nailed on for the left back spot for Spain anyway, Enrique needs to go back to basics.

We should have walked over them in our first game of the season, under a new manager and away though.

edit - I'm going to avoid the inevitable situation of somebody taking that seriously and just make it obvious that was sarcasm/mockery.

West Brom with 3 clean sheets, 3rd lowest conceded goals in the league and half as many conceded as we have so far.

That Clarke knows his onions doesn't he.

Pretty good, they have kept sothing like 7 clean sheets at hom ein last 7 games, i think Clarke may find his Bannana skin sooner or later ;). Makes you wonder what he done at Liverpool last year!?..

I also have Foster and McAuley in my dream team....

I would like to see Liverpool win a couple games 1-0, would give the defence huge confidence boost.

Archived