What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this mentioned in the Bugs Forum (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/388939-Players-Dont-Take-Ball-Into-Corner?p=9543707&viewfull=1#post9543707).

It's not a bug, but might be a nice feature for FM15.

When you set the team to Waste Time, you don't see anyone ever run the ball into a corner and shield the ball.

Would be a nice visual representation of time wasting, rather than the current "dead time" we see of dawdling over set pieces, throw ins etc.

When you set the team to Waste Time, you don't see anyone ever run the ball into a corner and shield the ball.

Would be a nice visual representation of time wasting, rather than the current "dead time" we see of dawdling over set pieces, throw ins etc.

Not to mention the fact that unlike "dead time" it avoids risk of bookings, unless your player gets over-excited in his shielding

Hi guys things that I would like to see in the next installment is:

First of fore most, more Statistics.

* Like when you go to a Cup or League records you can see a ranked list of who have won, and also the media mention you as you ranked up. Something like Champions, runner up, third place. Interactive of course.

* Also seen a table of all teams that have played the Cup or League, with how games played, wins and so on that is interactive, this can start building up once you start your save, can start empty at first in the save, then building on from there.

* Top 20 or 50 All time for each Cup or League, Players with most Goals, Assist, Saves, Games Played, Minutes Played. And what not.

*On Managers page, I want to see better stats for teams managed, just like players. With Games, Wins, Draws, Lost. And so on.

++++++++

* A way to tell your club you are leaving after X game in the season or after the end of the season and the reason why, Stadium, players, looking for new challenge so on and on.

* When offered a new contract by a club while you are employed, two things can happen, get a gentlemen's agreement, meaning that the date you both have set up you will leave your current club and join theirs, and also being able to keep it private. Also a pre-contract that once you contract is up you are leaving to another club, maybe this one can't be kept private.

*On the pitch, a way to set up your manager the way he reacts in-game, like calm, aggressively and so on. Also can affect some players, some for good and some for bad, not everyone likes a manager that yells all game. Also you can get ban from the in-game for acting over Aggressive. :) I always wanted to go crazy ingame at referee for giving the opposite team 4 penalties in one game!.

*Let us see ourselves in the game. 3d and 2d. A game about managers and we can't see ourselves in game :(. Dont care about customizing or anything like that, I just want my dot.

*When you win something, I want to see some ceremony!.

Very Important one :

*The way the AI build squads, depending on the manager prefer formation, he will build squads from there, and depending on his skills how good he will be, also clubs will take this into consideration before hiring them, like lets say, for rule for them to have 3 players for position, One experience one, one younger one and a youth. Or for them to try to have 2 players for each position that would be 22 and 3 that can fit various roles. That way after a couple years teams don't end up with like 18 players in their 1st XI, also this would make the game MORE challenging since sometimes I have won the league because of the opposition having lots of injuries.

Re: the post above ^ I'd love to see a Mourinho style dot running down the touchline when you score in the dying minutes of a big game xD

edit: infact, concerning what he did the other night - if you are making changes after scoring a goal your dot seems to go over to the players to tell them what they need to do and to concentrate on the new job at hand :D

I'd also like to see more news things that mention about historic titles won, be it yonks ago, or in recent history in same generation. Never see anything about year-on-year title battles, only a brief mention at the end of a season if its close for example. It would be good if the clubs and fans would make more of a manager who makes a team really big from being small too. Even a Prem team who doesnt win things winning the title would be huge, yet its the same old news stuff that gets relayed when you win a title. You should go down in history but doesnt happen. I won the Champs league with FC Zurich and i dont even think i was on the favoured list at the club or anything really mentioned about it, when it would be the most talked about thing in football for yonks.

I"m not inclined to read through 3400 posts, so apologies if this has been mentioned. What I would love to see is dynamic nicknames and new rivalries assigned by the game itself.

Perhaps for the nicknames have a large database of preset nicknames with requirements to be met before a player is called that. They could be based on stats, attributes, PPMs, personality, age, nationality, their real name, and any combination of those. In media blurbs the player could be reffered to as John "nickname" Smith, or "Nickname" Smith, and simply "Nickname". Spice it up.

For rivalries, perhaps if your club has played another X number of times in big matches, whether league or continental, and there's a close to 50/50 win ratio between the two clubs, it could become a rival. This would be most useful when taking a small club to the top of a nation over a long term save and develop official rivalries with the major players there.

For me the most revolutionary addition would be that FM used the full capabilities of my machine, I think that the 64bit revolution and all his possibilities would outweigh the few people that are still on 32bit systems. Certainly now that even phones are going 64bit and Microsoft has stopped support for windows XP.

An example from this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370225-Football-Manager-14-Benchmark-Thread

For anyone that plays a LOT of FM with many leagues the i7 is worth it as it processes eight matches (threads) at once. No need for more than 8GB of RAM as FM is a 32bit application - memory usage never goes above 2.5GB with 32 leagues running.

I'd like to be able to create a separate stand alone league, with no interference from current european and international fixtures. I want to be able to create a league with a certain amount of teams, create a cup comp etc and that's all the game runs off. I don't want my winners having to play in champions league, nor do I want the good players to be taken from my league to a league not being used.

I'd like a better idea of what the board expects of my team to see their philosophies fulfilled. I currently need to play direct football and sign a lot of youngsters for the first team.

Why can't they set some targets, so that I know what to do? What constitutes direct football in their eyes? How many is "a lot" of youngsters? Currently my board isn't judging me on signing youngsters yet, because I need to sign "some more". How many is that? How many games are these youngsters expected to play?

I think a feature to implement in the future needs to be a specific interaction with players suffering a long-term injury (I personally class long-term as anything that could be 3-months or longer). I have a player who broke his foot and his mood reads as:

'Hopes his manager will stick with him during his injury.'

It would be good to be able to speak to him and tell him that I have no plans to move him on and that he'll be just as important to me when he has recovered. On the other hand, for a player who won't be (if the injury really f***s his career), there should be an option that tells them you can't guarantee them a regular place once they've recovered, but you'll see how they get on once they're back.

Guest El Payaso

More interesting training system with more versatility. The current one is even more boring than the new tactics system. Also some big changes to the development system in players: I've seen players like Adam Lallana and Jack Rodwell badly declining at their 25-27s as their teams have for some reason stopped using them: now they are both playing regularly at top level but not reaching their ability again.

One thing I forgot about Contracts, is that can you put a option on press and board where I can tell them that this is going to be my last year and that after Game X or Day X I will leave. Or when my contract is up I can leave? once I stay like 10days after my contracted end it and nobody kick me out of the club I had to resign.

If we have DoF can we mark a player as 'I want his contract extended' and have the DoF do it?

I don't like doing contracts but if I tell the DoF to blanket do them he resigns people I was wanting to let go (but I don't want to transfer list them - ie old players)

The most raised issue on our community is being able to initiate football schools and camps outside of the country to attract young foreign players to the team.

The other opinions are:

• Being able to design or choose new season kits from some alternatives*
  • Real sponsor names
  • Adding favorite people*

• Use of manager salary;
    • Buying clubs
    • Support to budget
    • Personal life spending (house rent, car etc.)
    • Activities to increase team morale (dinner etc.)

[*]Personal life

• Marriage, having kids etc.

[*]Being able to make offer to multiple players

[*]Detailed fanstore of the club

[*]Being able to watch team training

[*]Being able to simulate set pieces*

[*]Dynamic country populations

[*]Ballboy

[*]Yellow card to players who wasting time*

[*]Aggressive match environment (especially on derbies)*

[*]Special life issues of players (drop on player morale when being dumped by his girlfriend etc.)*

[*]Dynamic potential ability as a result of league level

[*]Being able to play as a real manager (as Mourinho etc.)*

[*]Being able to pick time of the friendlies

[*]Being able to chat with potential transfer targets*

[*]Being able to pick not only country but also cities for training camp

• Each city and country will increase different aspects of the game (i.e. Qatar increases stamina, Spain increases technique)

[*]Being able to make camps without playing friendly*

[*]Fan outbursts*

• Playing without spectators due to fan outburst

[*]Decrease in the effect of injuries

[*]Increase in the influence and variety of team talks*

These are not my personal picks, just raised by our members but I can support some of them as well. (marked them with *)

That is very important feature but I would like to name it as 3D training, which means: simulating set pieces, training sessions (which can consist of various exercises).

Maybe somebody like training in FM14, but I see it useless in compare of previous games (13 and 14).

Set pieces editor is awful and bulky in FM14, and as I remember it always was; editing set pieces in way that every player get instructions for step by step action will be grate.

I heard that they already prepared thousands of new features for future series, but I didn't noticed thousand of new features in FM14, so let they make one great feature like 3D training system that will be great.

Please comment if you think I'm wrong, maybe training is really good in FM14 and I just don't understand it.

P.S. Did anyone noticed that any suggestions in this forum was taken to new series of the game in past, I'm just wonder is there any sense to waste time proposing ideas for series?

An SI employee started this thread. They do keep an eye on it. Dynamic league reputation was one that came up often and that was put into FM! I'm sure many other suggestions have been added too.

An SI employee started this thread. They do keep an eye on it. Dynamic league reputation was one that came up often and that was put into FM! I'm sure many other suggestions have been added too.

then it's cool, I hope 3D training will find support too.

another good feature is agents for managers. very difficult to find job, especially when you were sucked during first season.

I´ve made the full danish league system from the Superliga to the lowest of the lowest league in Denmark (well tools in Advanced Editor didn´t allow me to create it completly right), but it could really be nice to play an amateur team from the lowest league and try to reach as far as possible, but this could only be possible if some changes are made to the editor - the best thing would be if SI made the hole thing from scratch and made it part of the game maybe from 2016..?

Changes that had to be made in editor would be:

The option to have way more than 2 B-teams - some of the teams in Denmark have 10 teams underneath the 1. team

Other thing would be the option to play two seasons in one season, the danish lower leagues sometimes only contains 6 or 8 teams in every group, they then play eachother twice in the fall, after that some teams get promoted while others get relegated and the rest stays in the league - then in the fall it goes the same.

Other things might have to be changed aswell, but this is some of the major options needed.

Well I didn´t get my edited version of the danish league system to work, after using several weeks, days and hours on the task I couldn´t get the promotion/relegation thing to work between the lower leagues - but I created about 2.500 new danish clubs (some of the 2. and/or 10. B-team) - would have been nice to get it to work, but I would be more likely to play it, if it was completly right. - So if SI would like the file to see the teams or needs my help in creating the complete league system, I will be ready to help/work for you.

NEWLY-BUILT STADIUM NAMES

Not sure if this has been corrected for FM14, but when a club's board decided to build a new stadium, can the researchers come up with some interesting alternatives for stadium names, so that the game avoids choosing names like 'Watford Stadium', 'Colchester Stadium', 'Bournemouth Stadium' etc.

Perhaps each club researcher could input 2/3 nearby sites/street names of their club into the database so that IF that club does end up building a new stadium, they have some more imaginative names to choose from, rather than the bog-standard, boring names.

KIT COLOURS

I understand that this is veering away a little from the managerial side of things, but...

Let's say you've been with your club for a 3/4 years now.

Towards the end of each season, what if the board were to approach you with 3/4 kit templates/colours (shown in 2D & 3D depending on which way you watch your matches), with a message along the lines of "As you have been ______ manager for some time now, the ______ board would welcome your input as to which kit design/template the team should play in next season. Please indicate your choice below and send it on to us when you are done. Thanks."

I appreciate this is going away from the managerial side of things, but it might be a lovely personal touch to your club, so you can really make your side your own.

Let's say you play on a 2D pitch as Watford. Simple choice could be:

1) yellow background, black trim and black numbers

2) yellow background, yellow trim, and red numbers

3) yellow background, red trim, and black numbers

You get the picture I''m sure. More excitingly, this could be implemented for away kits also, giving an even more personal touch. Red away one season, blue the next!

I'm sure something like this would have been suggested but anyway...

Why can't staff be treated like players in the way PA and CA are displayed? Staff do progress through experience and training courses so why not have your DoF and/or AM provide feedback on staff ability? Something similar to the scouting screen ofor players that states the information currently on the staff profile screen but with comments like:

• Jeam-Paul de Marigny thinks Steve Mautone is an excellent goalkeeping coach currently. With a training course we can expect him to improve his coaching skills even further.
  • Paul Trimboli thinks Vaughan Coveny is a competent youth coach. Unfortunately coaching courses will not help Vaughan improve.
  • Paul Trimboli thinks Kevin Muscat is a poor assistant manager. He may be better suited as a defensive coach.
  • Jeam-Paul de Marigny thinks John Aloisi would be an excellent addition as an attacking coach.
  • Paul Trimboli thinks you should approach Pat Rice to become an assistant. He has the potential to become world class in this role.
  • Jeam-Paul de Marigny believes Damien Davies would progress from a good tactical coach to become an excellent tactical coach after a coaching course.

Along with the applicable star ratings I think this could really add to the staff side of things.

Is it possible to add background music in the game? Or adding bgm by ourselves? I would like listen different bgm in different pages. For example, i can listen Premier League Match Day Music when i am reading the stats, news of BPL. I can listen champions league bgm when next match is champions league match. I can listen Matchday Live Intro music when i am setting up the opposite instruction in the match day something like that.

Football Manager Editor:

Caretaker option needed in FM Editor

Set a retirement date for a player in the Editor

Add a rule on Leagues Structure that does permit only two players over 33 years old on roster

. FM need to overhaul the man management side of things. I want to be in more control. There should be more reactions by the media and by fans etc. Example, if I drop one of my key players, the media would be all over it etc. Just little things like that. Currently, it feels I can get away with anything (drop players, play my 15 year old in the champions league etc etc) without any media recognition or fan recognition.

we keep saying this every year, but realistic AI squad building needs to be looked at. Its too easy to build a dream team if you like.

Grass, nets etc need an overhaul in the match engine. 2d pitch (new version) needs to be scrapped or overhauled. It looks shambolic.

Grass, nets, stadiums, player animations I

I have posted propose of 3D training earlier, but I want to add some thoughts:

1. as part of 3D training conception would be nice to have option to play training match (shorter than 90 minutes of course) to see how works my tactics. it is important because now I have to play many games during regular season to see what wrong in my tactics and try to change it.

2. pre-season conception in my opinion is very weak and empty: friendlies and standard training. I think that is not enough.

3. training schedule should be reform. I, as a manager, want to be capable to create my own schedule for team training, to choose when (what time), how much and what excercise my players should do. for now it nonsense: 5 or 6 option of training during the week to choose. and what means train attack or defense? can you imagine that klopp or mourinho or others say their players to train attack???? as I see it there should be set of excersises: tactic, physic, technique etc. that consist of different excersises to choose. now I cant figure it out how and what attribute would changes after attack training and will it changes at all. I read few forums and people just have a suspicious how it works, but manager should be aware how some training change his players and overall team performance, if I train, for example, sprints or long distance runs I expect that players physics attributes will grow up. again, in FM14 it is hardly to understand training system. it should be simple but effective: train penalties player getting better in penalties etc. and it all be very, very good if it will be in 3D mode, it will allow managers to see how players train and decide who train well and who not, because now I should ask my staff whether some of my players train bad or good.

As I see this game is about to build team, I can't understand how you can build a football team without good training system.

And I'm glad to hear about thousand of new features but let it be some serious changes and not new quotes during press-conference.

Pardon the previous post. Greek easter means plenty of food and beer :p

On the subject of improvements however, I just want to feel like I am in total control of my team. I know it sounds a tad odd, as most people would say that we already are in control. Yes, but its not enough. It feels like every decision will always have the same reaction or result. I think the game needs to drastically improve the media, team talks are too monotone and repetitive (cliche). Feels like I am in autopilot when playing this game. There is not much variety. With press conferences, I always know how to get the "right' response. Boring. This feature needs major major work. Far too repetitive and predictable.

Moreover, I feel there the ME is very random compared to previous versions. Very disapppointed in the ME in fm14. Feels like an uncomplete product.

I have held off in playing any further and will wait until FM15 , hoping to see drastic changes to many areas of the game

I feel there are not enough variables and that the game is played on "autopilot". Very repetitive and boring.

The most raised issue on our community is being able to initiate football schools and camps outside of the country to attract young foreign players to the team.

The other opinions are:

• Being able to design or choose new season kits from some alternatives*
  • Real sponsor names
  • Adding favorite people*

• Use of manager salary;
    • Buying clubs
    • Support to budget
    • Personal life spending (house rent, car etc.)
    • Activities to increase team morale (dinner etc.)

[*]Personal life

• Marriage, having kids etc.

[*]Being able to make offer to multiple players

[*]Detailed fanstore of the club

[*]Dynamic country populations

[*]Ballboy

[*]Yellow card to players who wasting time*

[*]Aggressive match environment (especially on derbies)*

[*]Special life issues of players (drop on player morale when being dumped by his girlfriend etc.)*

[*]Dynamic potential ability as a result of league level

[*]Being able to play as a real manager (as Mourinho etc.)*

[*]Being able to pick time of the friendlies

[*]Being able to chat with potential transfer targets*

[*]Being able to pick not only country but also cities for training camp

• Each city and country will increase different aspects of the game (i.e. Qatar increases stamina, Spain increases technique)

[*]Being able to make camps without playing friendly*

[*]Fan outbursts*

• Playing without spectators due to fan outburst

[*]Decrease in the effect of injuries

[*]Increase in the influence and variety of team talks*

These are not my personal picks, just raised by our members but I can support some of them as well. (marked them with *)

I would love if all of this is implemented in the next game.

Ofcourse this is the only football "simulation" game out there....but....are there drop balls??? Foul throws???? Fair play animations ??? I could go on. Would love to see more realistic fundamentals added. Would add to the realism no doubt.

Manager's don't choose kits, or buy clubs, or really support clubs financially very often. If you want to buy cars then play the Sims instead.

There already are changes to player morale/determination etc due to external issues.

The idea about different cities increasing aspects sounds like a nonsense to me, why would having a camp in spain, probably with your own coaches, improve your technique?

A lot of people it seems to me don't want to play football manager, they want to play some of the other games on the market that introduce all that pish.

Showing how much money the manager has made during his career, or how much he currently has in in his personal account. Put it in the leaderboards just to brag about how much you made as a manager. Plus it adds importance to negotiating a contract with a club because as it is I just care less how much money I am being given as a manager. I just agree to any amount they offer. The manager wage just doesnt matter in terms of the game.

Showing how much money the manager has made during his career, or how much he currently has in in his personal account. Put it in the leaderboards just to brag about how much you made as a manager. Plus it adds importance to negotiating a contract with a club because as it is I just care less how much money I am being given as a manager. I just agree to any amount they offer. The manager wage just doesnt matter in terms of the game.

1 - Career earnings are already shown

2 - It matters a lot in terms of your job stability and chances of getting offered another job.

Well two things that I would suggest:

To be able to have more tactical freedom and to customize how your players play example one touch passing and so forth. Also a fix on how the team press.

To be able to create a Club. Its a Football game but it would be great to be able to create your own Club without use of the editor.

This whole philosophy thingo is not properly designed. Feels like SI jst added this feature to get us thinking their adding features. But does it really affect the game? I chose to play attacking football and buy young players. Two seasons in, I have had the best defense in the league and I play defensive on the counter. I also have not signed one player under the age of 27. Board has not said anything

This feature to me, is rushed and not designed properly. There are other feautures which I feel the same about. Sortitoutsi

I have only one suggestion.

Have a robust match engine that:

a. Responds well to your tactical instructions (e.g. players actually close down and tackle their opponents)

b. Have more liveliness in them instead of players ambling all over the park

c. More skills on display (e.g. flair players actually doing pirouettes, Cruyff turn, stepovers, etc)

Yes, I am referring to the FM11 and FM12 match engine.

In my view, without a good match engine, all the other cosmetic additions are rather pointless.

Guest El Payaso

I would like to be able to create my own roles for each position. And really create roles from scratch by giving instructions about movement, passing and how to close down for example.

My apologies if I'm on the wrong thread, I don't usually post much, but I've been thinking of some ideas to be added to any new game.

Firstly, whether your an International, Premier League or Conference manager, I would like the opportunity to approach a manager to become my assistant, especially if they are a lower league manager, like for eg, I decide to manage Man City, but want Uwe Rosler as my assistant, or Harry Redknapp to become assistant of England if I'm appointed, at least be able to put ideas on table for them to mull over, instead of instant refusal.

Secondly, if your a lower league team, and you want to be ambitious, and a top premier league player is out of contract, or even a player in his late 20's, and you've been promoted to premier league, I'd like the opportunity to 'sell' the 'vision' of where I want to take the club, and try and build the team around that player, or at least bid for them and speak to them, as so far it doesn't seem to be available!!

Again apologies if I'm in wrong place!!

Archived