I have fallen in love with my FM Club so much that I am flying abroad to watch them!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amsterdam - You guys make sure you do plenty of window shopping...whats good for the goose is good for the gander :D

Nice story and I hope they make you feel welcome and you have a great time

Not quite the same as these guys (great story), but I had a great save with Valencia in FM08, I'm off there in 5 weeks and have persuaded my mrs to take in Valencia V Atletico on Sunday 11th.

Nice, Ill be at the Valencia game on the 21st!

I've put a reminder in my Google Calendar for 15.10 to come back here and look for photos. Have fun there!

ha, they wont be up until a few days later but i will definitely dig this thread up and attach them!

You guys have inspired me! I've emailed U.D Leiria and asked about their home shirts :p

I need you guys to help though: Do I get?

• Stephenson 9?
  • Basauri 2
  • Ben-Hatira 10
  • or Salinas 21

need to know why those 4? What have they done to receive this honour?

need to know why those 4? What have they done to receive this honour?

Heh! One more now

Jordan Stephenson, picked up on a free from Chelsea, has scored just under 200 goals for us in 8 seasons, including becoming the all-time league goalscorer for the club. Club Legend

Aimar Basauri, picked up on a free from Real Madrid. Possibly one of the best full backs I've ever managed and took Portuguese nationality for me. Club Icon

Anis Ben-Hatira, cost £1m from Oviedo. Was my captain at Oviedo and when I brought him with me to Leiria, he became indispensible on the wings for me for a number of seasons before I had to sell him for not taking Portuguese nationality. Club Icon

Kim Kallstrom, picked up on a free from Fiorentina. Instantly became my club captain and played on for six seasons until he was 38, becoming my oldest ever player and goalscorer. Now in charge on my youth team. Club Legend

José Francisco Salinas, signed from Inter for £2.9m. My most expensive signing at 17 years old. Just recently debuted for the national team after accepting Portuguese nationality at age 21 and was a shining light on loan at Benfica this season. Will take over from Moutinho now and be a fixture for years to come

id go Stephenson, that doesnt really sound like it will be beaten. Have any of them done anything monumental like scoring the winner in a CL or something?

No :(

We haven't even made it past the First Knockout stage yet in three tries. However, both Kallstrom and Ben-Hatira were there for the slog up the table and both played in the Euro Cup final that I lost to Man Utd 2-1

• 2 months later...

Yay! Great story. Made me smile on a rainy afternoon here in Washington :D

In FM08 I managed Yeading (before they became Hayes & Yeading) and I too fell in love with the club. I joined their small (and badly designed) website and chipped in with a few comments on their meager forum. Every year I fly back to Leicester to visit my parents and that year I took a 100 mile trip down the M1 to watch a Yeading game (Which they duly lost in typical fashion).

I'm a soppy git and get totally into the new lower league club I manage each year. FM12? Well, that'll be Tonbridge Angels for me. Bring it on!

cheers all, we did try to get some last minute dutch footy shirts but nowhere seems to have any here in the UK.

maybe we should start a "What FM Team Have You Been To See?" thread :p

Surely you can get these in the airport when you land in Holland?

Just found this thread.

The OP fears it's off topic. Far from it, this is the magic of FM.

Wonderful tale. OP must update us after the game and share the club's publicity about it. Terrific stuff!!

I have a stupid little tale to share:

I was due to visit Calcutta, and ahead of it I managed one of the local clubs, Mohun Bagan on FM ... (Forget; the first FM).

Anyway, when I got there I wandered by the stadium. There was a reserve game going on so I just wandered in and sat by the touchline.

I had a note book because I'm always jotting down stuff to write up in a blog later.

I got some funny looks, then somehow they collectively assumed I was a Premier League club scout.

I was too slow to disabuse them of the truth, especially when the lads starting putting more effort into the match.

I recognised some of the names from managing them in FM, but oh boy were they dreadful.

Anyway after the game I was feted and taken home by the coach for tea.

Too late to spill the beans, I just went along with it then slipped away quietly!

Just found this thread.

The OP fears it's off topic. Far from it, this is the magic of FM.

Wonderful tale. OP must update us after the game and share the club's publicity about it. Terrific stuff!!

I have a stupid little tale to share:

I was due to visit Calcutta, and ahead of it I managed one of the local clubs, Mohun Bagan on FM ... (Forget; the first FM).

Anyway, when I got there I wandered by the stadium. There was a reserve game going on so I just wandered in and sat by the touchline.

I had a note book because I'm always jotting down stuff to write up in a blog later.

I got some funny looks, then somehow they collectively assumed I was a Premier League club scout.

I was too slow to disabuse them of the truth, especially when the lads starting putting more effort into the match.

I recognised some of the names from managing them in FM, but oh boy were they dreadful.

Anyway after the game I was feted and taken home by the coach for tea.

Too late to spill the beans, I just went along with it then slipped away quietly!

Ha-ha! I would have done exactly the same thing :D

I'm Dutch My favorite team FC Dordrecht is in the same league as FC Oss.

What can you expect in the first division of Dutch Football

- empty stadiums.....

- Small stadiums....

- FC oss doing well at the moment, (watch Marcel van der Sloot and Bart van Muyen (in the past the played for FC Dordrecht)) Bart van Muyen most games played for FC Dordrecht.

- Games with passion.

- no high-level soccer

- Maybe a desolate intent

- It's cold tonight.....

I have now for 13 years a season ticket for FC Dordrecht. And I love the first division!

enjoy and let us know your excperience

note: Marcel van der Sloot is the star player at this moment.

I have a tear in my eye reading your story very uplifting good luck, I feel the same about shakhtar I want to go there but I've been told the Ukraine is a very racist country and I am black so I don't think I will go there

it is. east europeans are a little backward in that respect.

Archived