Football Manager 2011 release date

well i think i will get it on the release date, hopefully asda will stock it properly this time and not **** up like last year and told me i had to wait till 9am yet they was open all nite, mite do a late one at work til midnite then walk over to asda then drive home and play it :D

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, what about the rest of the Commonwealth? I know we celebrate it here in New Zealand as well :p (We will celebrate anything that involves sticking it to the British ;))

But I do agree with Miles, there is no way that it will affect sales, now to go book a week off work Nov 5th-11th or so ;)

How is it sticking it to us? The plot was foiled. Honestly people just don't understand the meaning of Bonfire Night these days.

I'll be getting this throught Steam, as I did for FM10. But I will not preorder. That pile of crap Steam is forcing on me with the preorder isn't worth what they're charging for it.

...Okay, they're not "forcing" it...but Pile of Crap will be greyed out in my Library for all time, and that's enough of a disincentive.

yay

are people seriously crying about the november 5th release date!?

you do realise that it's not a must buy on the day right, they still stock shelves a week after too!

Totally agree. Imagine the response if MIles had said that they could release on NOv 5th but due to bonfire night they decided to delay it until 12th !

Great.although since it's coming out the same day as GT5 this will be the first time in a few years that I won't be getting it on release day.Wouldn't it be great if some shop did a special offer for buying both FM and GT on release day?No harm in dreaming anyway.

GT5 is out on the 5th by the way for Europe.It's the 2nd in the US.

Hey Miles, thx for the update!!

Now im wondering if you postpone the release date for the 3rd option, wouldnt that be even better for you guys?? That way you wouldnt have to work on some patches (hopeffuly)... i wouldnt mind the waiting if all is bug free and db updated ...

Thx n u guys r still the only game i can play constantly for the last 2 decades! lol

Hey Miles, thx for the update!!

Now im wondering if you postpone the release date for the 3rd option, wouldnt that be even better for you guys?? That way you wouldnt have to work on some patches (hopeffuly)... i wouldnt mind the waiting if all is bug free and db updated ...

Thx n u guys r still the only game i can play constantly for the last 2 decades! lol

Thats what I dont understand. The excuse for not releasing on 29th October was that he wanted the extra 7 days to test the game. Surely 14 days is better than 7 so why not release on the 12th. :confused:

Thats what I dont understand. The excuse for not releasing on 29th October was that he wanted the extra 7 days to test the game. Surely 14 days is better than 7 so why not release on the 12th. :confused:

Because if you continue that logic, what about 3 weeks? what about a month? what about 2 months? what about a year?

It's never going to be perfect and you'll always find things to improve, little features to put in (that soon become big ones btw), but you need to finish it at one point.

Surely it's a balancing act? You don't want it to be too late but you also want as much time as possible.

With all the testing which is already going on I think that an extra 1 week testing is more than enough. :thup:

Surely it's a balancing act? You don't want it to be too late but you also want as much time as possible.

Yes I suppose you need a cut off point somewhere and if the dates were all 2 weeks apart you could understand it more but IMO out of the three possible dates, November 5th is the worst one for various reasons which have already been covered. Obviously the October release is the date that everybody wants and if it wasn't for the 'leak' maybe that would have happened (again IMO). The three dates were set and if the date of release is purely down to testing purposes, what harm will another week do? Like I say, if the last date was a month later it would make sense but when its only a week it doesnt make sense to me. :confused:

With all the testing which is already going on I think that an extra 1 week testing is more than enough. :thup:

Exactly. This is why I think the extra week isnt needed and its only because of the 'leak' that its been changed to the following week. Its just my opinion but at the end of the day, Miles sets the dates and what not and with this 'leak', his authority has been undermined. If the game was released on the 29th, whoever was responsible for the leak has got one over on Miles and there is now way he's going to let that happen so the game has been released a week later. Probably just to save face. I'd probably do the same thing in that position. Again its only my opinion/theory but that is the reason that speaks loudest to me, not testing.

• SI Staff
Exactly. This is why I think the extra week isnt needed and its only because of the 'leak' that its been changed to the following week. Its just my opinion but at the end of the day, Miles sets the dates and what not and with this 'leak', his authority has been undermined. If the game was released on the 29th, whoever was responsible for the leak has got one over on Miles and there is now way he's going to let that happen so the game has been released a week later. Probably just to save face. I'd probably do the same thing in that position. Again its only my opinion/theory but that is the reason that speaks loudest to me, not testing.

Except for the fact that on this very thread, I've denied that this was the case. There was also no case of needing any "face saving" - the leak didn't come from me, or anyone else at SI. We know who it came from, how it happened and why it happened, and it got dealt with months ago. I'd have to be pretty stupid to move a game's release date just because someone leaked something - there are retail sites who had "predicted" both the 29th October and 5th November back at the start of the year.

• SI Staff
Yes I suppose you need a cut off point somewhere and if the dates were all 2 weeks apart you could understand it more but IMO out of the three possible dates, November 5th is the worst one for various reasons which have already been covered. Obviously the October release is the date that everybody wants and if it wasn't for the 'leak' maybe that would have happened (again IMO). The three dates were set and if the date of release is purely down to testing purposes, what harm will another week do? Like I say, if the last date was a month later it would make sense but when its only a week it doesnt make sense to me. :confused:

A week is a long time with many people working many hours on the game. It's not always just as simple as setting a release date and that's that. A lot of things have to happen at the stage between finishing the game and it appearing on shop shelves.

can u confirm , miles patches for the game like last year (3 patches)

Yeah, I'd also like to know if there will be patches and if so then what the patching strategy will be? Of course if you have decides to go with a certain strategy already.

Cheers.

Wait. I thought the whole Steam thing was so everybody could download it and play it on the same release date. It's the sole reason why I was going to preorder via Steam as I am in the US...so we'd have to wait until the Tuesday after that to download?

i think that you'll be able to download on 5th.

sigh, some people.

I think the date works perfectly. Means no one will bother me whilst I'm playing it on release day and I can have fireworks go off in celebration of FM.

I pronounce, therefore, Guy Fawkes day to now be, FM Day With FireWorks.

I'd booked Friday 29th October and Monday 1st November off along time ago in order to attend a wedding in Wales, said wedding was then cancelled not so long ago due to the two people involved splitting up, boo hoo etc etc. So there's me thinking I might get lucky and have release day off but it appears not. May try and change my day off :D

are that many protestants to get upset about clashing with Guy Fawkes Night? Or do people not realise that the 5 November is a protestant celebration of the prevention of a catholic terrorist blowing up the houses of parliament?

I'm more concerned with knowing whether the subs bug is finally fixed in FM11.... the one where you make a sub request and if someone scores, you are contractually obliged to make the sub. Can we go back to emulating real life where managers can cancel outstanding sub requests? I lost so many games in FM10/FM09 to this bug, I stopped playing and I'd really like to start playing again - but only if I don't get so annoyed at a bug that seemed to strike me every 4 matches or so.

I'm more concerned with knowing whether the subs bug is finally fixed in FM11.... the one where you make a sub request and if someone scores, you are contractually obliged to make the sub. Can we go back to emulating real life where managers can cancel outstanding sub requests? I lost so many games in FM10/FM09 to this bug, I stopped playing and I'd really like to start playing again - but only if I don't get so annoyed at a bug that seemed to strike me every 4 matches or so.

I'm sure that was in one of them, I can only imagine it caused more problems than it solved.

Why do people always moan at SI for whatever they do?? If them releasing a game on a certain day makes you angry, dont buy it! You dont moan at Universal or Disney for when they release films in the summer and it conflicts with your BBQ on Friday night do you?! No, so shut up and be thankful that you have the chance to play such a quality game! They're making a great game and giving it to us, what more do you want? For Miles to come round your house an install it onto your system for you?. What difference does it make what day is released on? Haloween, Guy Fawkes, Christmas, Easter.... You're going to buy the game anyway. So shut up and be thankful they didnt release the game in the middle of December beause lord knows how many complaints there would have been on the forums then!

Shut up and be grateful.

Wait. I thought the whole Steam thing was so everybody could download it and play it on the same release date. It's the sole reason why I was going to preorder via Steam as I am in the US...so we'd have to wait until the Tuesday after that to download?

I believe that the Steam release date in the US is still under negotiation. Steam is not saying anything other than Q4 still. And I think I recall Miles or someone from SI saying that they were trying to get Steam to let them release on Friday, not Tuesday.

Why do people always moan at SI for whatever they do?? If them releasing a game on a certain day makes you angry, dont buy it! You dont moan at Universal or Disney for when they release films in the summer and it conflicts with your BBQ on Friday night do you?! No, so shut up and be thankful that you have the chance to play such a quality game! They're making a great game and giving it to us, what more do you want? For Miles to come round your house an install it onto your system for you?. What difference does it make what day is released on? Haloween, Guy Fawkes, Christmas, Easter.... You're going to buy the game anyway. So shut up and be thankful they didnt release the game in the middle of December beause lord knows how many complaints there would have been on the forums then!

Shut up and be grateful.

I think you should calm down.

Archived