Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out when my reading week at uni starts and to my delight my last lecture is on the day before FM release day, meaning I'll be able to buy FM in the morning, go home later on in the day then a whole week of FM, admittedly I'll have to do a bit of reading that week but the rest of the time, FM :D

This time last year, were we not getting daily blogs from Miles on the Mirror website?

And after the final blog that announced the return of the Real Fixtures, it was announced that Demo was now available to download and you also got a copy free with the Mirror Paper?

I guess this is a direct question to Matt. This question is on behalf of Russo who created a thread asking the following question. Many thanks. :o

Hello I just wanted to know an estimation of when the game would be arriving at Argentina. Or at least at South America. I can't wait. If someone has some estimation please say it.

Please reply!

Thanks

I highly doubt it to be honest. I don't actually know but I would guess not until 3rd / 4th week of October. I'm sure I'll get told off for speculating soon...:)

so we could say that from 18th every day could be right for demo? i know that depends from when the game will going in gold.

I think the demo will be out around 22nd October, same as always, it's highly unlikely it will be any sooner than 2 weeks before the release IMO.

The sooner the better though obviously, as we'll have more time to report any bugs before the inevitable release day patch.

Read the OP again. He's not saying that the demo will be out around 2 weeks before the release, he's just saying it normally it is. Could be a little earlier.

Yes I know exactly what it says. I was saying what I thought the other guy was trying to say :thup:

I know we all want the demo out early - but I don't see the need for people having these 'hunches' saying oh I think it may be out on the xth etc. Miles has said it will be around 2 weeks before the the release of FM11 on 5th of November, give or take a day or two.

I know we all want the demo out early - but I don't see the need for people having these 'hunches' saying oh I think it may be out on the xth etc. Miles has said it will be around 2 weeks before the the release of FM11 on 5th of November, give or take a day or two.

Can you link me to where he has said this?

And there's nothing wrong with a hunch ;)

Before you ask, there's no date set for the demo as yet, but it normally comes 2 weeks before the game is released.

As above. The key word is normally I know - so around two weeks - and last year it was one or two days before two weeks. Right know SI and Miles won't have a set date but maybe work towards a provisional date of two weeks - if its ready a day before then great, if not then maybe a day or two late. All we can go by is what miles has said.

Fingers crossed they get the demo out soon.

No matter how much they test the game for bugs, there are always those ones they're going to miss.

A demo gives them the chance to test the game and gain valuable feedback from fans that can go into getting a patch released asap if needed.

Take into account games like Medal of Honor, Fallout New Vegas and Fable III are going to be released over the next few weeks as well...

The sooner the better anyway I'd say.

Fingers crossed they get the demo out soon.

No matter how much they test the game for bugs, there are always those ones they're going to miss.

A demo gives them the chance to test the game and gain valuable feedback from fans that can go into getting a patch released asap if needed.

Take into account games like Medal of Honor, Fallout New Vegas and Fable III are going to be released over the next few weeks as well...

The sooner the better anyway I'd say.

Not necessarily.

Not necessarily.

Of course not 100% accurate but I'd imagine one thing the developers would hate to do is have to release a patch straight away for any issues that crop up.

At least if that does happen, releasing a demo 3 or so weeks before release date would give people enough time to extensively play/test the demo, and then give devs enough time to correct anything that needs to.

This is looking at things in the worst possible light, but either way, would be nice if they got the demo out soon before people are off busy spending their time on other newly released games before FM11 launch.

my program on that days:

nov 3: wait fm

nov 5: buy and play fm

nov 9: play fm.

nov 12: play fm

I am with you.....who cares about other games??? Isn't FM the only game to play? For me, FM is the addiction ...not computer games.

Once again, just read the first post (the OP). He says about the Demo in that. Usually 2 weeks before game release.

He says it is usually around 2 weeks, not that it'll be released around 2 weeks before the release date.

Anyway there's no point arguing over such a little thing, sorry. :thup:

I asked Nev to the link to where Miles had said that the demo would be out around 2 weeks before the release date. You said "once again, just read the OP".

I really think you should try reading things properly. Nev said "Miles has said it will be around 2 weeks before the the release of FM11 on 5th of November". You asked for a link and I said to read the OP as this is where Miles said this. :thup:

But he didn't say that. He used the world normally, which changes the whole meaning. He didn't actually say in that sentence that the demo would be released 2 weeks before the demo, he said it normally is.

Right ok now your just picking IMO. At the end of the day, it doesnt matter what anybody else says so theres no need for links. You know what Miles has said and upto now that is the official answer so no need to carry on.

Archived