Football Manager 2011 release date

As far as I'm aware there's a release candidate - which, if it completes testing, could be the gold.

And yes, I know the date that the demo is *planned* for. But there's plenty of work to go yet on before we can be sure we'll hit that, so no official news yet.

Also - the trailer release date is not a good guide to the demo release date.

Aren't I helpful tonight...:)

Activation etc - actually, I'm not sure when the plan is to talk about that. I will find out on Monday.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so pleased I stayed out of this thread...til now.

@ TigerTime

Miles wouldn't have had to "clear it up" if you hadn't been continuously speculating hinting you had inside information. Face facts, those that sensible people have been telling you all along.

I'm so pleased I stayed out of this thread...til now.

@ TigerTime

Miles wouldn't have had to "clear it up" if you hadn't been continuously speculating hinting you had inside information. Face facts, those that sensible people have been telling you all along.

Harsh Cougar. But fair.

@ TigerTime

True, thought I was onto something though. :(

I'd like to apologize for stirring this whole thing up, should have just kept this to myself.

• SI Staff
As far as I'm aware there's a release candidate - which, if it completes testing, could be the gold.

And yes, I know the date that the demo is *planned* for. But there's plenty of work to go yet on before we can be sure we'll hit that, so no official news yet.

Also - the trailer release date is not a good guide to the demo release date.

Aren't I helpful tonight...:)

Activation etc - actually, I'm not sure when the plan is to talk about that. I will find out on Monday.

Matt - the first part of your post is not accurate. We do not currently have a release candidate at SEGA

Ah after reading Miles post,i change my guess then. :D

I'm now going for Thursday the 21st October for the Demo.

Thanks for the information Miles. :thup:

Damnit, I hope not, that's the day I have my pacemaker fitted, so I'm gonna be pretty crook for a little while after that!

Not to worry, it's just been one of those nights. :D

In fairness - I've been in Japan for the week - so I must have just heard wrong.

Anyway - I think it highlights that we've not gone gold...:) And Miles did give some clearer info on the demo - i.e. don't sit home f5'ing the server just yet...:)

I don't recall - can you refresh my memory?

Good morning Matt, Yea verily I shall! The post centred around the in game manual for FM'10. People, rightly, had complained about the sparsity of information in said manual. Which in turn led to the defense and or otherwise of the TT FM'10,appendix and most of all the Phsycological Warfare issue. I mentioned that if SI had taken the trouble to include a proper manual the problem may not have arisen. You said that the manual for FM'10 was, in hidsight, a mistake and would be rectified in FM'11. Kind regards.

To be fair Miles has just backed up what he said from the off. The demo will be around two weeks before the 5th November - give or take a few days. Why people can't accept this is beyond me - and is becomming a tad silly now.

This is what I said in my previous post 'The demo will be out when its out. Normally 2 to 2.5 weeks before the release of the game. As another posted has said anytime from 18th to 22nd October.' Why people cant accept this is silly. It would be great if SI could implement (I know they cant) that if anyone started going on about the demo after they made a comment contradicting what SI had said they would be banned from downloading it for been ignorant lol!!!! Then we wouldn't have to read pointless threads about 'I know its gone going gold',. I know this, I know that. It boring and silly

• SI Staff
Good morning Matt, Yea verily I shall! The post centred around the in game manual for FM'10. People, rightly, had complained about the sparsity of information in said manual. Which in turn led to the defense and or otherwise of the TT FM'10,appendix and most of all the Phsycological Warfare issue. I mentioned that if SI had taken the trouble to include a proper manual the problem may not have arisen. You said that the manual for FM'10 was, in hidsight, a mistake and would be rectified in FM'11. Kind regards.

The online manual is there to let people know how to navigate around the game, and explain the terms.

It is not a hints and tips guide, and isn't meant to be. There are lots of community sites who provide that kind of content, for free, and we certainly encourage that, and will continue to do so.

Anyone else had an email from play saying the game was now coming out on 29th Oct 2010?

Not true and no idea where they've got that idea from.

This is what I said in my previous post 'The demo will be out when its out. Normally 2 to 2.5 weeks before the release of the game. As another posted has said anytime from 18th to 22nd October.' Why people cant accept this is silly. It would be great if SI could implement (I know they cant) that if anyone started going on about the demo after they made a comment contradicting what SI had said they would be banned from downloading it for been ignorant lol!!!! Then we wouldn't have to read pointless threads about 'I know its gone going gold',. I know this, I know that. It boring and silly

As I said on Twitter, every time someone asks about the demo a unicorn dies. There aren't many left. Please don't make unicorns extinct.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will FM11 be released in the Arsenal edition like FM09 & FM10 were? If so, is the release date the same or will that be later?

We don't know the answer to any of those questions as yet. When we have info, we'll announce it, either way.

• SI Staff
I don't understand either why they don't release the DEMO earlier

We concentrate all of our resources into developing and testing the game. Once that's done there is still a bit of work to be done on the demo which also needs to go through testing. Testing of the demo won't normally start until we have confirmation that we are gold.

I don't know why people keep making such a fuss or think that it's going to be out any earlier than we've said. Endless speculation and people saying they have heard this or that just leads to misinformation.

I don't think it's the misinformation, just that I and others didn't really understand the system which has led to us saying things that aren't correct.

For example, I though sending the release candidate to SEGA meant the game had gone gold, and it hasn't.

I think it's all good to guess and speculate based on comments which SI have actually made, but when random people come out with statements of alleged fact like 'The game has gone gold today', when it clearly hadn't, that's what I find a bit silly.

When things like that happen it will probably be officially announced.

I think it's all good to guess and speculate based on comments which SI have actually made, but when random people come out with statements of alleged fact like 'The game has gone gold today', when it clearly hadn't, that's what I find a bit silly.

Also everyone thinking they are/know someone who's been testing the game for a month. Oh and people 'confirming' how good Rooney, Bebe and co. are.

Ridiculous.

Like I said, it's people getting true information, misunderstanding it and thinking it's something else completely.

• SI Staff
I don't think it's the misinformation, just that I and others didn't really understand the system which has led to us saying things that aren't correct.

For example, I though sending the release candidate to SEGA meant the game had gone gold, and it hasn't.

When someone gets some information, doesn't understand it and quotes their version of it as fact claiming it came from reliable sources pretty much sums up the definition of misinformation to me.

I know everyone's excited, and we are all really grateful for that excitement and hope you all really enjoy the game and the demo when it's ready, but we've not said anything different since the first announcements were made about dates, and are currently on schedule to deliver to the timing we said. Anything else you hear on the subject will be complete rubbish, unless it comes directly from me.

Aha.

I think you may have summarised my response a little too effectively. I think the main issue was that there was no way of obtaining the full menu last year (we made a mistake). I will have to see what the plan is this year - will do it when I get in on Monday - however I believe we ultimately made it available to download and print and would expect that we'll do that again - I don't believe we'll print a massive manual for the game.

More on Monday when I know for sure.

Why on here does everyone moan or speculate about a release?

The demo is out when it's out, get over it

Go outside and live, there is more to life

Exactly, I cant wait for demo and game, but accept what SI say and go other things until its out

I have inside information saying that FM2011 is possibly going to be packaged in a large banana when it goes retail!!! As if that weren't amazing enough, you have to eat the banana before you can get to the game!!!

Apparently, in preparation, the demo's desktop icon (when it becomes available) will be - A BANANA!

Okay, none of the above is true but you got bored trying to find out when a demo's coming...

I have inside information saying that FM2011 is possibly going to be packaged in a large banana when it goes retail!!! As if that weren't amazing enough, you have to eat the banana before you can get to the game!!!

Apparently, in preparation, the demo's desktop icon (when it becomes available) will be - A BANANA!

Okay, none of the above is true but you got bored trying to find out when a demo's coming...

Great first post :D

Welcome to the forum :thup:

Brilliant and informative first post :thup:

Welcome!

Thats infuriating. I hate banana's!

I've requested an alias check. Only an SI insider could have known this much detail about the release.

Archived