Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I think a free demo CD may have come with the News of The World last year.

Wrong again. When we did stuff with the News of the World it was a download from their website and not anything on CD.

The demo is not out. Some fansites have preview code from a couple of weeks ago.

So in reality, it IS out, just not on general release and is prone to falling over every now and again. How much change can possibly be performed in a couple of weeks to the overall game mechanics?

The DEMO is out, some forum administrators are 2 days that play.

The SIGAMES evidently prefers these people that will have the full game free instead of those that buy it.

Thanks

I honestly don't know why Ter even bother humouring your ungrateful little comment. Tell you what, why don't SI send you the preview code and then when you find it bugged to hell you can then actually cry about something, rather than crying about stuff you don't know about.

So in reality, it IS out, just not on general release and is prone to falling over every now and again. How much change can possibly be performed in a couple of weeks to the overall game mechanics?

It's not out. They are playing preview code, they may have received it a couple of weeks ago but chances are it is much older than a couple of weeks. You'd be surprised what can change in days, let alone weeks.

Everyone needs to calm down and stop giving these guys such grief. As I said earlier they aren't even obliged to give us a demo, they are just good like that. Anyway leave them alone so they can focus on making FM11.

• SI Staff

Well there have been versions of the game going out to various groups of people for months. Preview code goes out so that magazines / websites can preview the game before release. Don't see what the big deal is.

Put it this way; would you rather have an incomplete version of the game 3 weeks before release, or a complete version of the game 2 weeks before the release? I would prefer the latter personally. 1 week is only a short time to wait and it's worth having a completed version of the game. I know it's frustrating, most of it is down to excitement but there's not long to go now.

" But MirrorFootball.co.uk is offering readers a sneak peek with an exclusive download of the full demo of the game. Check next week's paper for full details.

Plus, one lucky downloader's name will appear in the game. "

I wonder what that means? Appear in the game as a player, surely not?

" But MirrorFootball.co.uk is offering readers a sneak peek with an exclusive download of the full demo of the game. Check next week's paper for full details.

I wonder what that means? Appear in the game as a player, surely not?

Player? No.

Agent? More likely

Dont know how they can say they are offering an "exclusive" download of the demo when you will be able to download it elsewhere. Also if it's the full demo,meaning the game has gone gold, how are they going to get a "lucky downloader's" name into the game?

I think the Vanilla Demo is only available to download from the Mirror Football site, so technically it is exclusive. The Strawberry demo will be available elsewhere though.

As far as the name in the game thing, probably via the release day patch or something?

Dont know how they can say they are offering an "exclusive" download of the demo when you will be able to download it elsewhere. Also if it's the full demo,meaning the game has gone gold, how are they going to get a "lucky downloader's" name into the game?

I think the Vanilla Demo is only available to download from the Mirror Football site, so technically it is exclusive. The Strawberry demo will be available elsewhere though.

As far as the name in the game thing, probably via the release day patch or something?

Ok. I just hate that word exclusive! It must be the most used word on sky tv. "Live and exclusive on sky sports!" I mean we know that, that's why we are watching the channel !!!!

Hi, i know the demo is out on thursday via mirror football and steam but could a member of SI confirm for us whether its available from midnight tonight? if not what time tomorrow is it available and 2. is it the bigger version of the two available, which i do believe is the strawberry version? Thanks for your time and good job guys :thup:

Hi, i know the demo is out on thursday via mirror football and steam but could a member of SI confirm for us whether its available from midnight tonight? if not what time tomorrow is it available and 2. is it the bigger version of the two available, which i do believe is the strawberry version? Thanks for your time and good job guys :thup:

Wrong thread. Tommorow is out only Strawberry version (bigger one) via Steam. On friday Strawberry and Vanilla sre out via direct downloads and via torents. And there isn't pre-set time when the DEMO is out. Mile will tweet when it's available.

No confirmed US retailers at this point, Amazon don't seem to have taken stock this year for some reason. Sorry about that, I've been trying to find out why.

Steam, or an import from the UK would seem to be your best options - I think Game in the UK do global shipping.

No confirmed US retailers at this point, Amazon don't seem to have taken stock this year for some reason. Sorry about that, I've been trying to find out why.

Steam, or an import from the UK would seem to be your best options - I think Game in the UK do global shipping.

If I get it off Steam, which I did the past two years and loved it, will I be able to get it on Nov 5th or will I have to wait till the 9th. I really liked getting it the same time as Europe last year.

Sorry but I have a real fettish for stadium building and would love to see the 3D effects of stadium improvements in the game. And have the ability to choose what type of stands etc to build. Does 2011 offer any improvement in these areas. I will be buying the game regardless, but would love to have more control over my teams stadium...

Sorry but I have a real fettish for stadium building and would love to see the 3D effects of stadium improvements in the game. And have the ability to choose what type of stands etc to build. Does 2011 offer any improvement in these areas. I will be buying the game regardless, but would love to have more control over my teams stadium...

Ever considered a career in Civil Engineering?

I have had a problem because everytime i attend a match my name does not come up when it say that i am in the stands watching the game and i thought it was a big problem in the demo, because i like to attend matches so that when the news come up and says that mr .................. was at the match but sometimes it does not do it and i find this a big strange about it.

Archived