Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got FM09 through Steam the day it was released, so I think it should be same for you unless you want a boxed copy then I have no idea :p

As I was scrolling down this thread, the Steam option did cross my mind. But I already play 'The Last Remnant' through Steam.. and one thing it has taught me is that playing any other game on steam will be the key to losing my sanity...

I had so MANY issues with Steam... especially whenever it tried to update. So, my first choice is buying the game the boxed copy.. unless if theres gonna be a 2 or 3 weeks delay!

Wait. I thought the whole Steam thing was so everybody could download it and play it on the same release date. It's the sole reason why I was going to preorder via Steam as I am in the US...so we'd have to wait until the Tuesday after that to download?

Can anybody help me with my question please? Thanks!

You should be able to get it on steam on the release date. I think there was a little trouble though last year with steam in S Korea.

On the release date for the country you are in. Doesn't mean US based FM'ers get FM11 on the 5th. Just as an example CIV5 was released on Tuesday this week but is not released until tomorrow in Europe. So, while I have been playing it for 2 days, european based players have to make do with the demo until tomorrow.

Don't ask me why, but I'm sure there is some sort of weird reasoning :)

On the release date for the country you are in. Doesn't mean US based FM'ers get FM11 on the 5th. Just as an example CIV5 was released on Tuesday this week but is not released until tomorrow in Europe. So, while I have been playing it for 2 days, european based players have to make do with the demo until tomorrow.

i don't know why retails do that. But i'm sure that for FM, will be release before in Europe and then in USA, if there are problems for make both available at the same day

Do we know the non-Steam purchasing options for the US yet? "Always in drive DVD" (like FM2010) would be my choice, but I remember using eLicense a few years ago for Worldwide Soccer Manager and didn't have too many problems with it (only had to temporarily disable my firewall, I think).

So they decide to release it on bonfire night when people already have plans, parents have to buy fireworks and so on. Poor descision making IMO. At least we have a date now though.

---------------------

the game is released in the morning, fireworks are only effective in the dark therefore if you really have a massive conflict of interests you can play fm11 for almost 12hrs then go see fireworks... Im sure you can drag yourself away from your pc for a couple hours?!?

It's gonna be a wacky and expensive couple of weeks for me. GT5, FM11, CoD: Black Ops, AC: Brotherhood..... don't have kids so fireworks are pointless.... actually they are just pointless period, just do it the cheap way and watch the neighbours. Either way i like the release date, sure i'll have a daily struggle deciding what to play but that'll be half the fun lol

This was originally due to the size of the American market and the ability to achieve full distribution throughout retail. The "normal" release date in the states is Tuesday. Most European territories take delivery of stock for a Friday release. Australia is normally Thursday.

To be honest, it's now a bit of a legacy thing that retailers work to rather than a requirement.

This was originally due to the size of the American market and the ability to achieve full distribution throughout retail. The "normal" release date in the states is Tuesday. Most European territories take delivery of stock for a Friday release. Australia is normally Thursday.

To be honest, it's now a bit of a legacy thing that retailers work to rather than a requirement.

So....do we have a confirmed release date for the USA yet? Friday 5th or Tuesday 9th? (Need to think about whether to put my Time Off request in...lol).

Edit to note that Steam now showing it as November 5 release date for me - so hoping that is a good sign :)

Don't know if its been mentioned but STEAM have just had a price drop! Football manager 2011 now £29.99 and free mega drive games CD!

I actually already have the CD which I bought separately from game for £16.99 and its really fun!

Hope the price drop will help some of you guys out as its been discussed on here that some have to buy fireworks that night too :)

James

is this correct as i have just been told by the local game shop that the release date will be the 29/10/10 which I hope is fine, can sega confirm please

my game shop say 15/10/10. the release date, announced on 17th september and confirmed yesterday, is 5th november.

Social networking feature announced. Really like the sound of this and I'll definitely be using it! Also being able to save videos straight onto your youtube account is class. :D

Whats has this to do with the topic ? Try to keep a little the board in order please :thup:

just checking is the 5th of Nov the release date for the UK as a whole, the reason i ask is because i was in Game in Belfast and they quoted the 29th of Oct to me

The areas SI are not sure 100% yet are USA, Asia, and some Eastern European countries I think. UK surely will have all the same date

it does, about 44 pounds but im happy to pay, just wondering the release date, cant see that it has been announced so i guess it hasnt, just hope it doesnt get delayed like pes just has

If you wanted my guess, we'd probably have it for you on the 11th.

More nearer the time.

Archived