World Cup Final 2010 - Netherlands vs Spain

gillsminnow

Spain maintained to keep clean sheet against teams such as the Netherlands and Germany that were scoring 3-4 goals in each match. So they fully deserved the World Cup.

And Howard Webb I think was well. I don't feel that he made the big mistake!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Van Bommel isn't the biggest kunt on the pitch something is wrong, just a really boring, detestable side this Spanish one.

I find Xavi an annoying arrogant **** but van Bommels assaults on other players put him much further up my list.

Funny people talking about Spain being boring and average. What where Holland then? Could they possibly have played more defensive and destructive. They have the players to actually play football to, but they didn't. If you're gonna call Spain boring you should at least have the decency to call Holland utter crap. Bitter bitter bitter. :p

Funny people talking about Spain being boring and average. What where Holland then? Could they possibly have played more defensive and destructive. They have the players to actually play football to, but they didn't. If you're gonna call Spain boring you should at least have the decency to call Holland utter crap. Bitter bitter bitter. :p

Before this match I'd say holland have been the better team to watch in this WC, and there are a couple more that were more entertaining than spain. Despite winning the thing, I think Spain have actually underperformed quite a bit. Happy to see them win it though

Webb had an excellent game considering the amount of fouling going on...

Were you watching the same game? How is giving yellows for tackles that were blatant reds in the 1st half having a good game?

Then letting robben kick the ball away and doing nothing, but giving xavi a yellow for the same thing 2 mins later

How is that possibly having a good game? :p

Before this match I'd say holland have been the better team to watch in this WC, and there are a couple more that were more entertaining than spain. Despite winning the thing, I think Spain have actually underperformed quite a bit. Happy to see them win it though

Were you watching the same game? How is giving yellows for tackles that were blatant reds in the 1st half having a good game?

Then letting robben kick the ball away and doing nothing, but giving xavi a yellow for the same thing 2 mins later

How is that possibly having a good game? :p

I just don't know what to say. Just came back from the city. I/we feel so robbed here. Yes, Robben failed to make a goal. But OMG what is Webb is ****king asshole, and Iniesta, little punk constantly screwing us with his diving and asking for card.

I just don't know what to say. Just came back from the city. I/we feel so robbed here. Yes, Robben failed to make a goal. But OMG what is Webb is ****king asshole, and Iniesta, little punk constantly screwing us with his diving and asking for card.

You forgotten that De Jong, Robben and Van Bommel all should have been sent off? 2 of them in the first half.

I agree. Holland have been good, but tonight they where simply disappointing and I'm happy to see Spain win it in the end. It might be the right tactic by Holland though, cause I think Spain would win in a more open match.

I think it's a bit delusional by the people in here blaming Spain for this match being boring though. Holland had a bigger part in that imho.

Forgetting to send MVB, De Jong, Puyol, and probably Robben off...

Not giving Holland the clearest off corner kicks just before the goal.

Spain cost me £25 tonight. Pretty fed up that they won, quite aggravating seeing Puyol covering Cesc in Barcelona DNA as well. I managed to see the second half, it was alright. Sounded like the first half was dire though.

Disappointing game, though the best team did win in the end. Expected a lot more from the Dutch who seemed intent on kicking Spain off the park from the off. Certainly not the Holland I've been used to seeing over my last nearly 3 decades of watching football!

Archived