World Cup Final 2010 - Netherlands vs Spain

gillsminnow

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completely agree with Hanson then. Kicking players completely horrific but imaginary yellow cards, rushing to the ref and just being ***** is fine.

I've been told that Hansen had a reputation as a bit of a tough tackler himself as a player.

The kung-foot-ball delivered by Holland in the first half was a terrible blow to the game, De Jong should have been sent off and I feel really that a team who actually plays good football had to resort to violence in order to stop the spanish players. The right team won .... I cant believe I was initially pushing for the dutch.

I thought Webb, excluding the blatant corner, had a good game. Too much ref bashing here really. Was a horrible game to officiate.

Pretty much this

The way both sides played he did as good a job as could have been expected

and showed a great deal of common sense in not sending off Roben

Now get on with it so I can watch Top Gear

Meh...

craptacular final... exceptionally bad considering the alleged quality of both sides...

Webb was abysmal, and I wonder how on Earth they decided to give him that match... At least three red cards missing, one of them for the Goalscorer himself... And let's not talk about the ludicrous decision of not giving the corner on Sneijder's free kick.. from the goal kick came the goal... Bad luck and terrible judgement too...

Spain won the World Cup playing their "fancy" version of Italian's catenaccio... Just because they pass the ball around in the other team's half, it doesn't make it much less boring...

How people can wet their pants for that kind of cocky style is beyond me... Hadn't they tried to walk the ball into the net, they would have probably won with higher scores than 1-0.

At least 2006 Italy had an excuse for playing several foul-ridden snoozefests... Spain, with all their class, haven't.

To me Germany are still the moral winners, for what it's worth. The only team to provide good all-around football.

Am I the only one who didn't think Howard Webb was awful?

thought he did well in a very difficult game to be honest, could have easily sent off at least 2 or 3 in the match. Heitinga had to go as he pretty much stopped Iniesta having a chance to score a goal

Meh...

craptacular final... exceptionally bad considering the alleged quality of both sides...

Webb was abysmal, and I wonder how on Earth they decided to give him that match... At least three red cards missing, one of them for the Goalscorer himself... And let's not talk about the ludicrous decision of not giving the corner on Sneijder's free kick.. from the goal kick came the goal... Bad luck and terrible judgement too...

Spain won the World Cup playing their "fancy" version of Italian's catenaccio... Just because they pass the ball around in the other team's half, it doesn't make it much less boring...

How people can wet their pants for that kind of cocky style is beyond me... Hadn't they tried to walk the ball into the net, they would have probably won with higher scores than 1-0.

At least 2006 Italy had an excuse for playing several foul-ridden snoozefests... Spain, with all their class, haven't.

To me Germany are still the moral winners, for what it's worth. The only team to provide good all-around football.

Soooooooooooooooo much wrong with this post. :D

Meh...

Insulting the tactics of the past 2 WC winners :D. Im sure they can cope with your disapproval with their winners medals :cool:

Spain: A team of fantasically gifted players who won the world cup by playing average all the way to the final.

I disagree with absolutely NONE of that. Shouldn't've won it, far too average as a team. People say they are a top side because of the names, england have big names but were spectacularly average. Spain were too but got the results as their style meant that no matter how poor they were they somehow got results against much better, more deserving teams.

Insulting the tactics of the past 2 WC winners :D. Im sure they can cope with your disapproval with their winners medals :cool:

Pfft...

I'm sure you've never ever criticized the tactic of a winning team... (say, Man Utd maybe?)

As I said, Spain could and should have played MUCH better. They didn't, they won anyway, kudos to them but I still want the right to be disappointed with HOW they won.

Can't I?

Archived