[center]Belhadj + some other guys[/center]

Englands World Cup record on ITV since 1982:

Played 11 | Won 3 | Drawn 7 | Lost 1 |

Anyway, mon England

yuyuyuyu.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worryingly, GISing 'Rob Green' came up with the following image, which is just a little NSFW :D

http://www.hwh3.co.uk/rob&baby.jpg

Ha, fantastic Rhino :D:thup::thup:

I'm watching this at my end of year prom tomorrow. It's going to be good, so long as England get some kind of result anyway. I'm going to say 2-0 to England, with goals from Heskey (yes, Emile!) and a late tap-in for Rooney.

They didn't look good the other day, aside from the win I'd like to win by more than 1 goal, this group could well come down to goal difference and we need to exert a little pressure otherwise the Americans could be going into the final game needing to beat Algeria by more than we have to beat Slovenia and Algeria could well be out by then :/

I am expecting us to win, jeez, for the love all things holy can we not expect to beat Algeria? :D

They have a couple of pacy players but hopefully not running at Carragher, they're pretty good in the air too, got some 'big fellas' going up for set pieces.

I know England will destroy my fingernails in this one way or the other

See when people go on about the arrogance of the English media, we mean ***** like the following, lifted from Lee Dixon's article on the BBC:

England coach Fabio Capello has a couple of decisions to make ahead of their second group game in the World Cup against Algeria on Friday.

One of them is who to play in goal, but you would hope that will not make much difference to the outcome against these opponents.

England should have too much quality for Algeria and beating them should be a formality, as it should be against Slovenia on 23 June.

Genuinely had a dream last night that Algeria won 2-0 and society went into nuclear meltdown. Burning cars in the street, players being stoned at the airport, national mourning, economy disintegrating, etc. :(

Not that I've ever had a dream that's ever come true (especially that one with Monica Bellucci, dammit) but I'll be hoping for a 4-0 win a little more fervently than normal.

Gerrard (2), Rooney, Lennon. :cool:

See when people go on about the arrogance of the English media, we mean ***** like the following, lifted from Lee Dixon's article on the BBC:

How dare we say we have more quality than someone else, even algeria!!!!!!! But its ok for other countries to say that, yeah? :rolleyes:

Should get the win, but it'll be a struggle.

Personally, Gerrard on the right and Cole on the left for me, can never understand why Gerrard is shoehorned onto the left wing, it leaves the left-fullback exposed.

What i don't understand, is that if he tells the players who is starting 2 hours before kick off, why has it been said that Barry and now James are starting?

He names the teams 2 hrs before kick off. He confirmed Barry himself and James is just speculation.

Should get the win, but it'll be a struggle.

Personally, Gerrard on the right and Cole on the left for me, can never understand why Gerrard is shoehorned onto the left wing, it leaves the left-fullback exposed.

yeah im not confident about gerrard on the left.

Surely Gerrard would be better on the left then the right because at least he can cut in.

He's still a good passer and crosser of the ball and has played on the right far more in his career.

He left Baines exposed in the friendlies, who was noticably more settled when Milner played there instead.

It's a tired old cliche, but shoving players into a 4-4-2 system that doesn't suit them won't get the best out of them.

He leaves the left back exposed because he wanders inside. He'd just end up doing that on the right and leaving Johnson exposed (much worse).

We aren't shoving players into a formation that doesn't work. 442 with Gerrard on the left saw us through a record qualifying campaign and highest scorers in Europe.

Archived