The 10.3 Patch Thread - No! It's not released yet!

My point is, is that if SI didnt patch the game at all then I wouldnt buy the game. Not sure about others because I cant speak for them.

Until FM09, I never patched any FM/CM Game..... I knew that patches were available but didn't see the need for them. At the moment, I'm happy with 10.2...........Only reason I'll update now is for the January Transfers, but I may even decide to edit those myself and not patch, as I had done on games up until FM09.

But lets be fair, there are plenty of games out on the market that you don't get the option of patches, and all you can do is buy the next in the series and hope that the problems will be fixed..... So anyone getting on SI's back over this need to realise that they actually have no obligation to provide a patch, but they do in order to keep us consumers happy whilst they strive to improve their game and keep it as the benchmark in the category

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only people who cause trouble in these threads are the forum snobs who invade very single thread and pounce on posters who aren't as familiar with how strict these forums are regarding posting. They need to find something better to do with their time. I tend to avoid these forums and always have due to how snobish the mods and some users are.

but to the OP

I'm in the same boat as you, cant stand 10.2 and cant wait to get 10.3 so i can finally play again.

agree to an extent there are some who just troll looking to argue but there you go such is life;)

sometimes its like being in a bar and hearing 2 old drunks squaring up ............thinking here we go again and trying to ignore it

re-op lets hope its out soon hoping lessons are learnt and even if fm11 is delayed to get it right so be it:thup:

Nice to see a thread stay open with debate and critisism allowed, something like a forum !!

Simple situation is that the patch will be ready when it is ready. It is what FM10 will be judged so the pressure is on SI to get it as good as FM10 can be. FM is the best in the business, SI know what they are doing.

The problem is SI have still to fully understand basic customer communication. Simple regular updates should be enough to shut everyone up, it would take no more than 2 minutes of SI's time to do this. Or do SI actually like the speculation and frustration vague information gives? We are lucky to have this forum and the direct line to SI, lets use it !!

I see Football Manager as a community. There are those that love the challenge of developing it and there are those that love the challenge of playing it.

As a developer myself, virtually every piece of complex software, some not nearly as complex as this contains bugs. That is a fact of life. What makes this game harder is that many parts of the interaction with tactical setting and the match engine for example are subjective and inter connected. Change to one can have major ramifications on other multiple settings that at times can be difficult to fully predict.

It is nice to see that Si put so much time into planning/developing this game, do lots of testing, release to the public, allow the public the forum to supply feedback, the more sensible and constructive of which may be taken on board, patches are then released reflecting more important issues found either by Si, their testers or the public. Further more, time is taken to update the data half way through the season to reflect various events and the January transfer window.

Am I desperate to play the game with the new patch? Of course. When will it be released? When it is ready.

I do check the PC discussion thread sometimes more than once a day now but am happy to wait until Si believe it is ready.

Congratulations and a big thank you for all your continuing hard work on this fantastic, constantly evolving game to everyone at Si.

Keep up the good work. (and no, I don't work for Si, I just appreciate their hard work and that of all the testers and constructive game players that help improve my game playing experience with Football Manager)

Guys, i've worked it out !

They've delayed it so they can make changes to Pavlyuchenko, twenties all round ? :p

In all seriousness but, i can't wait it's like christmas eve, albeit it's been christmas eve for about a week now but i thing the longer i have to wait the more excited i get so the more i'll enjoy it :D

Nice to see a thread stay open with debate and critisism allowed, something like a forum !!

Simple situation is that the patch will be ready when it is ready. It is what FM10 will be judged so the pressure is on SI to get it as good as FM10 can be. FM is the best in the business, SI know what they are doing.

The problem is SI have still to fully understand basic customer communication. Simple regular updates should be enough to shut everyone up, it would take no more than 2 minutes of SI's time to do this. Or do SI actually like the speculation and frustration vague information gives? We are lucky to have this forum and the direct line to SI, lets use it !!

I agree. I've been really enjoying this thread. It's nice to be able to discuss things about the patch amongst other things without it descending into bickering (so far) ;)

Right....

So all posts that do not help anyone, get deleted now?

Can you highlight that in the rules, terms and conditions I agreed upon when I signed up?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=9726

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

Hi all

I am not sure if i am off topic but i don't want to open new thread about the patch.

Since SI doesn't want to announce release date,is there a possibility to apply for some newsletter or something like that so that i don't have to visit forums every day.

Thanks

To be honest, with everyone moaning about it I think SI should just leave the game as it is. They dont have to do patches, and they do them at no extra cost, if i was Si the more people moan the less likely i would to let people have the patch, or i would at least charge them for it.

So overall be patient, would u prefer them to rush the patch and there be bugs, or be patient and have a near perfect bug free game?

on the subject of different clubs and their own financial plights being mirrored in fm2010 patch 10.3;

its a january update, so any massive changes up to january fine, after then leave it out. best way. pompey might have to put up with ali al faraj but at least they wont be in admin. its is after all half bugs, half player transfer updates. be unfair on SI to continually update mirroring real life. the patches coincide with the 2 major turning points of the season, and it works v well.

although, im still refreshing the forums every 5 minutes. just started a new game with spanish second division b4 team juts to try out different tactics and youth players.

p.s. kudos to the mods for allowing this, and for the most part kudos to us; the rabble for not arguing too much yet.

To be honest, with everyone moaning about it I think SI should just leave the game as it is. They dont have to do patches, and they do them at no extra cost, if i was Si the more people moan the less likely i would to let people have the patch, or i would at least charge them for it.

So overall be patient, would u prefer them to rush the patch and there be bugs, or be patient and have a near perfect bug free game?

OMG!!! How old are you?? Shut up moron!!

Yh lol what is this guy on about !!!

So to kill time I locked 22 smurfs in a glass cage and forced them to kick a menthos around... but now Hefty Smurf, who has been a rock in the defense, is writhing in pain following a late tackle. So... do I replace him with Grandpa smurf (His physique really is not cut out for this level anymore) or Clumsy smurf (who cost me last game in a stupid backpass)? Advice needed.

So to kill time I locked 22 smurfs in a glass cage and forced them to kick a menthos around... but now Hefty Smurf, who has been a rock in the defense, is writhing in pain following a late tackle. So... do I replace him with Grandpa smurf (His physique really is not cut out for this level anymore) or Clumsy smurf (who cost me last game in a stupid backpass)? Advice needed.

I would play with a three man defence and play Grandpa smurf just ahead of them as a Deep Lying Playmaker.

can't wait for the new patch, im still playing and enjoying fm10 (as i write this its running). But i find patches always improve the authenticity.

bolton fan, looking forward to Jack wilshere and Vlad weiss. trying to play football with a team of beefcakes. should be good

SI have decided they are not releasing another patch for FM 2010.

They have decided instead, to get all their staff out on the streets of the Town center's with collection buckets, collecting money for Pompey, Southend, Bournemouth .... instead. ;)

I'm joking, for those who believe anything about the patch, that's posted on here by regular members, and not by SI. :D

Surely they could release a statement saying its not out today every day, in all seriousness though the longer it takes the better the game will be in my opinion, i will be like a kid at christmas :)

Shouldn't take this long to patch in the first place. We payed for this game and yet it's filled with bugs and we have to wait for patches to fix it so we can properly enjoy the game. The patch should only be about updating teams, players and transfers. Not fixing countless bugs which should not be there in the first place. E.g. The penalties, how could they miss during testing that nearly 99% of penalties go in, or that the 38 shots no goals compared to the 1 shot 1 goal bug still exists, or that players are valued up to three times what they are worth, or the insane difficulty to actually sell a decent player who in real life would fetch a bit of money. SI really have to step up their game, this patch wouldn't of taken half as long if they only found the glaring bugs during testing and fixed them at that time. SI really have to up their game.

I'm gonna say it'll be out this coming Friday.

...Which is based on nothing; Just my guess and hope. Having gotten FM running on Linux last week, all I need now is the last patch so I can finish it off by actually playing. ;)

EDIT: Hey 3,000th post!!

I'm gonna say it'll be out this coming Friday.

...Which is based on nothing; Just my guess and hope. Having gotten FM running on Linux last week, all I need now is the last patch so I can finish it off by actually playing. ;)

EDIT: Hey 3,000th post!!

That wouldn't really be early March anymore.

Are you sure? It's only the first week of March... :confused:

I would consider any day in the first week of March to be early March, but if released after the first week I will feel very disappointed.

As for talking about the release date, there's nothing to discuss really, apart from speculation. The update in the sticky is all <deleted link> we have and will probably be all we have until the patch is released. Questions about the patch, rather than 'when's it out' are fine - and some are still open. 'What are you going to do with patch 10.3, for example.

Pointless thread, offering nothing but speculation and frustration.

But... isn't it a nice place to kill time while waiting, and to release some agony of waiting?!:D

EDIT: My other ID was killed 7 or 8 years ago here due to being drivel here, which kept me off from posting for this long. lol, now I am risking it again...

Pointless thread, offering nothing but speculation and frustration.

But... isn't it a nice place to kill time while waiting, and to release some agony of waiting?!:D

EDIT: My other ID was killed 7 or 8 years ago here due to being drivel here, which kept me off from posting for this long. lol, now I am risking it again...

Welcome back :thup:

I remember the last patch for FM 2005 came out in march i want to play a new game because im loyal & bought every version of cm/fm since cm 2001/02 & will countine to buy the game till the day i die so i did a test game to try out tactics hoping they work on the new patch.

Archived