The 10.3 Patch Thread - No! It's not released yet!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm slightly disappointed with the timing of this patch, if I'm honest. I would have thought the bugs from 10.2 would have been ironed out by the end of January and the data update would commence from the end of January with the patch finished by mid to late February.

I know it never goes completely smooth with patching, but when SI have sold the product with the promise of a January data update actually in the packaging... it's disappointing to have it upwards of a month "late", which is what it effectively is in terms of the data update.

Still, no point complaining about it personally - but I can understand why some people won't be buying FM11 on release day given the game isn't fully finished until mid-March!!! I'll personally probably be playing FM10 this time next year if 10.3 does the business unless something drastically changes in terms of quality for FM11's out-of-the-box product.

I'm slightly disappointed with the timing of this patch, if I'm honest. I would have thought the bugs from 10.2 would have been ironed out by the end of January and the data update would commence from the end of January with the patch finished by mid to late February.

I know it never goes completely smooth with patching, but when SI have sold the product with the promise of a January data update actually in the packaging... it's disappointing to have it upwards of a month "late", which is what it effectively is in terms of the data update.

Still, no point complaining about it personally - but I can understand why some people won't be buying FM11 on release day given the game isn't fully finished until mid-March!!! I'll personally probably be playing FM10 this time next year if 10.3 does the business unless something drastically changes in terms of quality for FM11's out-of-the-box product.

I won't buy the game on release day either, as it seems lately it takes up to the 3rd patch to get the game working in a decent fashion :(

I won't buy the game on release day either, as it seems lately it takes up to the 3rd patch to get the game working in a decent fashion :(

I've always wondered how many people actually do wait till the last patch before buying, will there be a leap in sales once 10.3 is out?

It is annoying. I always seem to be saying this, but it feels like you are a tester who is paying to be a tester for the game. When SI should be paying people to test the game thoroughly before release. The only updates that should be needed after release are minor ones regarding the game, with updates to player transfers in January.

After buying this game when it came out i found it annoying to play as there was so much wrong with it. The 10.2 patch is good in my opinion, but still not the complete game in quite a lot of users opinion's. Of course no one will ever be 100% happy with a game as subjective as football management, but the initial release of this game had so many flaws it was like no one had tested it properly.

And now such a delay on the third patch just makes people feel worse about the game and subsequently the developers will feel the brunt of this anger.

And now such a delay on the third patch just makes people feel worse about the game and subsequently the developers will feel the brunt of this anger.

Its hardly a delay considering they said late Feb/early March and its the 1st of March today.

I always say to myself that I'm going to wait and buy the next FM when the 3rd and final patch is out instead of buying it on release day.

However round about August time when I start reading about the new features and stuff that plan ends up out the window!

That original late Feb/early March quote was taken from when the demo was released though back in October. Considering patch 2 came out earlier than expected on December 16th, people were probably expecting this one a bit earlier than the original date too, hence why so many people are getting restless.

I'd certainly call 2 and a half months and counting till the third patch a fair bit longer than people would have anticipated. December to March is a long time, there must have been an awful lot to fix.

Its hardly a delay considering they said late Feb/early March and its the 1st of March today.

I've played this game since FM 2006 so I'm not exactly a die hard football manager player and I wasn't even aware of the name change until a few days ago when I stumbled across a Champ manager game at a car boot sale.

I think everyone needs to get a grip. There's a sticky thread at the top of the page that quite clearly states when SI expect it to be released. Over the years, I've seen some moaning about patches but never as bad as this. A bunch of babies stating that they deserve to have it now as they paid a whole £29.99 for it. You get about three patches a year, feedback, an excellent array of forums that are moderated. Most games simply release the game and be on with it. I think it's lucky that we get what we get now from SI, never mind more.

The moderators must be annoyed with the amount of times people are asking when it's going to come out.

Advice; Get a grip, play a different game, continue with 10.2 game, have a conversation with yourself, walk the dog, do some work, go to work.

I've got a Spanish oral exam tomorrow and I certainly hope they don't release it tonight. :p

To try and answer questions;

- I have no idea what's on the fix list - sorry.

- I'm guessing it'll be imminent based on what SI have said and what I've heard - should have been clearer but I believe it's in final testing - so the release isn't likely to be too far off.

- Therefore - Miles' original suggestion is likely to stay correct (obviously the early March bit rather than the late Feb!).

Sorry for any confusion.

so the Feb/early March is just not going to happen ..

if it is still being tested then the likely out come is the end off march .

even if the tests passes today it will still take 2 weeks to get the patch it self coded so there is no chance in hell that this patch will be out not for at the very lease 3 weeks .

so the Feb/early March is just not going to happen ..

if it is still being tested then the likely out come is the end off march .

even if the tests passes today it will still take 2 weeks to get the patch it self coded so there is no chance in hell that this patch will be out not for at the very lease 3 weeks .

Dear God- how did you arrive at that conclusion from what Matt said?

I might sound like an old git, but some of you sound like spoiled brats not getting their cookie before lunchtime.

Just have some patience for crying out loud!

It reminds me of the drivel just before release date in october.

And I'm willing to bet that the ones now "demanding a patch TODAY because their rights as consumers have been violated" are the ones that in October be going "When will you finally release FM11"

Jezus F. Christ. What are some people thinking...

rant over.

Sorry.

If it's in final testing then it's coded already. The 'final' testing is just to make sure there are no major bugs still in. So it's unlikely to be two weeks away.

well im going by what was sed in the podcast about testing .

firstly there are quite a few testers .

plus they need to get back the feed back from all the testers .

then they need to go though all the feed back

and it only takes just 1 problam to halt everything ..

and then and only then ...the patch has to be sent to be approved

Testing will have happened before final testing I would assume. There isn't just one phase of testing. Final Testing is just referring to the testing once the patch is complete, unless any major issues occur.

This is all guesswork though, as I don't know the inner-workings of SI.

Testing will have happened before final testing I would assume. There isn't just one phase of testing. Final Testing is just referring to the testing once the patch is complete, unless any major issues occur.

yes your right ..its all guess work ... thats why i think SI should keep everyone updated to how things are going and that .. more so when we all know a patch is near ..

it would off course stop all the guessing and of course the asking

Anyone else worried about the level of excitement/hype for 10.3? A *lot* of people (especially those that think the game is somehow broken and unplayable right now) seem to have unrealistic expectations that all the problems will be solved and the game will be much, much better.

I predict a lot of annoyed and upset posters in the days following the release, and it'll be their own fault.

My guess is (probably wrong but I can guess :p) that the final test is basically run through everything on the patch, as in load a game and give it a playthrough, or holiday it or something; and if it is ok its released, so as of this stage id say that nothing has come back to halt the progress of the patch (ie any new errors popping up or bugs) or its release date. As Matt said its "imminent", if its in final testing id agree

they could come out and say something like :

we have just moved into the final testing of the patch .. if the final test goes well then hopefully we will have the patch ready in a few days .

but off course if the test doesnt go well then it will take longer

yes your right ..its all guess work ... thats why i think SI should keep everyone updated to how things are going and that .. more so when we all know a patch is near ..

it would off course stop all the guessing and of course the asking

It wouldn't because it still wouldn't be possible to give a date, that's because of the way things happen not because it's any kind of hush hush secret.

It doesn't hurt to let people vent and run a lottery;) as long as it stays in one thread like this and as long as people remember the normal rules still apply.

I do wish some people would read and understand some of the replies though, because it's just an endless cycle of the same questions and comments repeated ad nauseam atm.

we have just moved into the final testing of the patch .. if the final test goes well then hopefully we will have the patch ready in a few days .

Matt said just that in the quote you posted :eek:

Maybe you shoud read his post again, relax and have a kit kat? :thup:

Anyone else worried about the level of excitement/hype for 10.3? A *lot* of people (especially those that think the game is somehow broken and unplayable right now) seem to have unrealistic expectations that all the problems will be solved and the game will be much, much better.

I predict a lot of annoyed and upset posters in the days following the release, and it'll be their own fault.

No matter what happens there will always be posters complaining after a patch......

It'll be the same old, same old. Long shots, 1 on 1s, injuries, domination and not winning. Broken tactics from 10.2 to 10.3.

I bet I could put money on it at Ladbrokes :D

in life you cant please everyone so i think they will be quite a lot of unhappy people complaining about the new patch when it is out.

WOW How over the years my patience has been tested.

3rd patch always makes FM fantastic and I cannot wait for it! To be honest I'd not even noticed some of the current bugs in the game until i read on here about them however as with previous versions of FM 3rd time lucky :thup::D

FM09 was just about the ultimate footballing experience after patch 3 and I expect 10.3 will cause our footballing senses to overload.

Yes the wait is excruciating but it will be worth it :D

Well done SI and thank you for a over a decade of footballing enjoyment :thup:

and then get grilled when they cant deliver it due to a fault.

Dear God- how did you arrive at that conclusion from what Matt said?
I might sound like an old git, but some of you sound like spoiled brats not getting their cookie before lunchtime.

Just have some patience for crying out loud!

It reminds me of the drivel just before release date in october.

And I'm willing to bet that the ones now "demanding a patch TODAY because their rights as consumers have been violated" are the ones that in October be going "When will you finally release FM11"

Jezus F. Christ. What are some people thinking...

rant over.

Sorry.

LMAO

Monty Python couldn't script better comedy than this thread - if you crave drivel, this is the place :thup:

It's all mind-numbingly inane, but I can't stop reading :confused:

the point would be to stop us all guess n asking ..

But it wouldn't stop you asking! :p

It wouldn't help at all. It would be far too vague to be of any assistance to anyone.

You'll be wanting PaulC to tell you when he is having a toilet break next. :D

'Hi guys, just to let you know I need quarter of an hour away from working on the match engine to take a dump. I'm taking my novel in there too, so it may turn into 25 minutes tops. If it's a clean break, I may finish much quicker than that'! :D

It wouldn't help at all. It would be far too vague to be of any assistance to anyone.

'Hi guys, just to let you know I need quarter of an hour away from working on the match engine to take a dump. I'm taking my novel in there too, so it may turn into 25 minutes tops. If it's a clean break, I may finish much quicker than that'! :D

and off course saying nothing is of

any assistance?

Great suggestion Crouch - he could use Twitter to keep us up to date.

This is your second post identical to this- cut it out. We have tried to let this thread run and have some reasonable discussion but if it deteriorates much further it will be closed. You have been given good info from Matt above so no more speculation.

Deleted, mate.

My connection got some problem, so didn't know i'm double posting it.

Sorry.

And yes, it is my speculation only.

And now i bet SI already uploading it... :p

I see Football Manager as a community. There are those that love the challenge of developing it and there are those that love the challenge of playing it.

As a developer myself, virtually every piece of complex software, some not nearly as complex as this contains bugs. That is a fact of life. What makes this game harder is that many parts of the interaction with tactical setting and the match engine for example are subjective and inter connected. Change to one can have major ramifications on other multiple settings that at times can be difficult to fully predict.

It is nice to see that Si put so much time into planning/developing this game, do lots of testing, release to the public, allow the public the forum to supply feedback, the more sensible and constructive of which may be taken on board, patches are then released reflecting more important issues found either by Si, their testers or the public. Further more, time is taken to update the data half way through the season to reflect various events and the January transfer window.

Am I desperate to play the game with the new patch? Of course. When will it be released? When it is ready.

I do check the PC discussion thread sometimes more than once a day now but am happy to wait until Si believe it is ready.

Congratulations and a big thank you for all your continuing hard work on this fantastic, constantly evolving game to everyone at Si.

Keep up the good work. (and no, I don't work for Si, I just appreciate their hard work and that of all the testers and constructive game players that help improve my game playing experience with Football Manager)

....and a BIG thank you to US for buying it....

JT

Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted

How is saying 'it's in final testing and the release window of late feb/early march is still likely'

saying 'nothing'.

the word used was hes thinks its in final testing

To be honest, with everyone moaning about it I think SI should just leave the game as it is. They dont have to do patches, and they do them at no extra cost, if i was Si the more people moan the less likely i would to let people have the patch, or i would at least charge them for it.

So overall be patient, would u prefer them to rush the patch and there be bugs, or be patient and have a near perfect bug free game?

...mmmmm thay don't have to do patches eh?? No patches mate and watch the sales drop. Sorry if that sounds like a threat..its not meant to be..but I and I'm sure many others won't buy a gamein the future that STAYS flawed.

JT

Archived