The 10.3 Patch Thread - No! It's not released yet!

Sticky Post Said early March so i count that as upto 7th of march anything beyond i class as late. im not sure where all these people who thought it was being released dead on 12:01am 1st March got there sources from? Joe Bloggs maybe?

Also Sticky has been up for a month saying Feb/Early March so people who say its late are wrong

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me laugh really dose all these people who have been screaming for patch for last week will still find something to moan about once its out like there team not having right shade of red in there strip etc

It's still being worked on / tested and is pretty much on the schedule suggested by Miles in the first place. There is no more accurate estimate at this point I guess...

if it is still being worked on then i guess it wont be released in the next 2-3 days as they still have to test what they are currently working on :confused:

So what if it won't be released in the next few days?

Do something else with your life, or play 10.2 which is still a game, if not a perfect one.

I'm just playing other games until it comes out.

So what if it won't be released in the next few days?

Do something else with your life, or play 10.2 which is still a game, if not a perfect one.

I'm just playing other games until it comes out.

I'm doing other things with my life. There's plenty I need to catch up with, that I would never get near if 10.3 was already out.

It's still being worked on / tested and is pretty much on the schedule suggested by Miles in the first place. There is no more accurate estimate at this point I guess...

Matt do you know this for definite or is that just your assumption?

Thanks for the information Matt, you props can't answer this question but its worth ago anyway.

Do you know if SI are still working on fixing the crash dump problems ?

Si will look at all problems jester that theres been since 10.2 and try address them and fix them best they can for 10.3 :thup:

Considering he works for sega lol i'd say hes clued up abit :)

True but I thought I would ask the question anyway because if that is the case that means we won't be seeing the patch today and i don’t want to get my hopes up to much!

I bet it's gonna be out in less than 24H.

If testing is still ongoing like Matt says it is then no it won't be.

To try and answer questions;

- I have no idea what's on the fix list - sorry.

- I'm guessing it'll be imminent based on what SI have said and what I've heard - should have been clearer but I believe it's in final testing - so the release isn't likely to be too far off.

- Therefore - Miles' original suggestion is likely to stay correct (obviously the early March bit rather than the late Feb!).

Sorry for any confusion.

i get excited every year as the latest FM release draws closer and never grumble at how ever much it is, but after reading this forum think i will play FM10 patch 10.3 (eventually :p )untill March 2011 then buy Fm2011 for less than half what i would normally pay and get all patched up before i embark on my usual journey man game, i'm losing my hair as it is and after reading and posting find out some of the issues i am getting is due to 'bugs' ....not good! does this mean that FM2011 will be full of bugs too untill march 2011?? or an updated version of FM2010 patch 10.3???

- I'm guessing it'll be imminent based on what SI have said and what I've heard - should have been clearer but I believe it's in final testing - so the release isn't likely to be too far off.

- Therefore - Miles' original suggestion is likely to stay correct (obviously the early March bit rather than the late Feb!).

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for that Matt, much appreciated.

I bet it's gonna be out in less than 24H.

This is your second post identical to this- cut it out. We have tried to let this thread run and have some reasonable discussion but if it deteriorates much further it will be closed. You have been given good info from Matt above so no more speculation.

Come on guys lets not do that, lets keep the thread open. Did anyone else become a) nervously excited like a small child at christmas at the word "imminent", and b) slightly ashamed over 'a)' ?

This is your second post identical to this- cut it out. We have tried to let this thread run and have some reasonable discussion but if it deteriorates much further it will be closed. You have been given good info from Matt above so no more speculation.

Sorry but where in the rules does it state you're not allowed to post messages such as this?

Peopple are smart enough to understand this is speculation, stop being so petty and aggressive.

Sorry but where in the rules does it state you're not allowed to post messages such as this?

Peopple are smart enough to understand this is speculation, stop being so petty and aggressive.

I believe the rules state that you're not allowed to post duplicate messages. This is what this guy did, hence the mod. :)

Iminent?? does that mean the next few hours, days?? normally there is a date set, wots happened this yr, why cant they set a specific date?? Ive even been checking up on Miles Jacabson's twitter lol nothing on there either. SOMEONE MUST KNOW SOMETHING. lol But thanx Matt for your update. Im finding it hard to start a new game, because of all the changes in january, please hurry up patch!!!!!

Check out posts 219 and 226- the warning was for spamming, not for the content

Petty and aggressive-:confused:

Iminent?? does that mean the next few hours, days?? normally there is a date set, wots happened this yr, why cant they set a specific date?? Ive even been checking up on Miles Jacabson's twitter lol nothing on there either. SOMEONE MUST KNOW SOMETHING. lol But thanx Matt for your update. Im finding it hard to start a new game, because of all the changes in january, please hurry up patch!!!!!

be careful there Tommy a lot of posters on don't take kind to such comments and will now look you have a go at you.... you've been warned ;)

Come on guys lets not do that, lets keep the thread open. Did anyone else become a) nervously excited like a small child at christmas at the word "imminent", and b) slightly ashamed over 'a)' ?

Of course its a little of both, we are sitting on a website of random posters, with singular intent, a patch for a game. That along with recent trends with the game the .3 patch has always been the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. (Hides in utter shame)

Check out posts 219 and 226- the warning was for spamming, not for the content

Petty and aggressive-:confused:

Yeh, how dare you try and moderate these forums, anybody would think you were a M................ hmmmmm:confused:

I don't post alot on here but I'll add my two cents worth at least.

I bought the game in November and I've only had one decent shot at it. I got to the November/December part of the first season before my player's histories starting disappearing and other bugs made the game unenjoyable. I've been waiting for this patch since mid-November and now with only two month's left of the normal European season, it doesn't leave much time to have an enjoyable game before you have edit promotions and relegations and play a 10/11 campaign a year behind.

It really is disappointing and it has left me questioning whether or not SI genuinely care anymore or if it's just become another Championship Manager. From what I've seen on here, it seems to me like those asking questions related to this patch are treated like a nuisance by the admin/mods, when they've coughed up the money for the game and should be entitled to information.

That's only my perception though and I could be completely wrong. But I certainly won't be forking out the money in a hurry like I normally do next year.

I bought the game in November and I've only had one decent shot at it. I got to the November/December part of the first season before my player's histories starting disappearing and other bugs made the game unenjoyable. I've been waiting for this patch since mid-November and now with only two month's left of the normal European season, it doesn't leave much time to have an enjoyable game before you have edit promotions and relegations and play a 10/11 campaign a year behind.

It really is disappointing and it has left me questioning whether or not SI genuinely care anymore or if it's just become another Championship Manager. From what I've seen on here, it seems to me like those asking questions related to this patch are treated like a nuisance by the admin/mods, when they've coughed up the money for the game and should be entitled to information.

That's only my perception though and I could be completely wrong. But I certainly won't be forking out the money in a hurry like I normally do next year.

Tbf, mate, if they didn't care they wouldn't make the patches, would they? :)

And the majority of the "patch people" are ones asking when it's out, when the information is readily available, and the question's been asked several times. There's a point, I guess...

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the update mate, its not worth people getting on the back of the SI testers cos a rushed patch will only bring more bugs and more frustration, its good to see you given us all a little info on how the patch is coming along thats all us footy managers fans ask for,

Thanks again mate looking forward to the finished patch, will be worth the wait

Liam

It could be of course that everyone involved at SI is working their asses off in order to get the patch out to placate those who are demanding it yesterday.

The mods have clearly stated how they will approach speculation type threads and posts, hell there's a sticky for it. So any folks transgressing these rules can hardly complain.

In the end it's better if SI fix any major bugs or crashes before the patch comes out, rather than be accused of rushing the patch and having to release a 4th patch. They'll want to be (well, need to be) working on FM 2011 soon. It's not like there's much information they can give out "today we fixed a crash, tested it, found a new crash, fixed it". Would only frustrate people more if they found out the patch was delayed for whatever reason. They did say late February/early March, so it's not like it's late yet.

I've booked a cheap flight to Bali.. kick back, relax, drink Bintang in the pool bar for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the warm weather, beautiful ladies and come home to the Patch 10.3. Happy times!

I'd much rather SI get it right, than a rush it out.. what's an extra week at the end of the day when playing a long term Career game.

to me, the game has been unplayable since day one, too many major issues ruining it.

while thats besides the point, its puts me in a postition to claim, that im a very very patience customer.

while i dont need to be spoonfed information on a daily basis, i would seriously suggest to SI, that they "hire" a volunteer PR guy,on this forum, to their dirty work.

we as fans, have played the game and know the issues and yet it seems, as if we are being treated like children. Please sit down, shut up and wait for the patch.. come on SI, put yourself in the customers shoes.

Im sure i speak for tons, when i say, is it too much to, ask for some sort of feedback..?

arent you si guys tired of reading the same old **** day in and day out..? the same whining.. the same problems..

yes there has to drawn a fine line, but right now, SI arent doing a very good job regarding patch information.

certainly looking forward to getting a good game going, likewise i hope, that the SI re-evaluate the patch strategy and in the future includes me and others a bit more regarding which issues are being worked on.

The bigger the company - the less user friendly.

And now for something completely different.

Folk just adjust your mindset for an APRIL release and you will actually feel pretty nice with an early surprise release :D

To be fair to all at SI they are still within the time scale they released to us a while back.

What are peoples opinions on the length of time needed to release a patch such as this.

My first thought is that its a very complicated process that needs constant checking and re-checking everytime even the smallest thing is changed.

My second thought (thinking with my business owners head on) is that the speed of the fix/change would be directly related to the number of people/hours working on the game. Sorry im not making much sense let me try and phrase this better.

When creating a new game you can have a large team working on all aspects of the game because you know/hope you will make good profit. In this cases SI have already sold the game (made the profit) and are now working and paying out of their own pocket. From a business point of view it makes sense for them to use the smallest team available and keep costs down (they have to pay the coders but as the game has already been sold, they will recieve no income from the release of any patches). It would be intersting to know the amount of coders working on the game before release compared to fixing patches after release.

Please note i am not having a go at SI just interested if people think its the complex nature of patching that requires so much time and not down to resources they are willing to use.

Good thread and thanks mods and members for keeping this one going.

I believe the game is currently very playable. It is simply a case of reading the match engine (watching the game for longer than brief highlights) and reacting accordingly just like any football manager watches the match his team are currently playing and reacts accordingly to circumstance.

Perhaps the modelling of (interpretation) of all the variables coming together and interacting on match day isn't perfect but it improves year on year, patch on patch.

I look forward to the patch with anticipation whenever it is ready to be released while still enjoying getting the last out of 10.2 while I can.

Archived