New Ideas For Football Manager 2011 And Beyond.

I like the whole idea of bringing back "poor relationships" with players that would discourage them from joining clubs, e.g John Terry and Wayne Bridge.

They're there, it's just that you can't see them. These relationships can develop too.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I have a few ideas regarding new features:

1. Change to dynamic league reputations so that if for example scottish teams did well in europe it would benefit the scottish league and be able to attract better players.

2. Being able to negociate sponsorship deals etc, I think alot of people dont like that you dont have all the power in the game, power is good!

3. Being able to do something with the wages you earn in the game, invest back into the club maybe?

4. Major revamp of regens, there is too many with the wrong stats for their natural position, or too many players alike e.g fast strikers but there is no "John Hartson" type strikers as regens.

5. Better media interaction, the game is far too repetitive in the press conferences, I for one hate them.

6. I dont get the fact that hardly any youngsters in the game have a good Potential Ability, very unrealistic as everytime I start a new game I know who is going to turn out good and who isn't. Every new game I have to sell all my young players and first team players at Celtic as I know they cannot progress.

Hi guys, I have a few ideas regarding new features:

1. Change to dynamic league reputations so that if for example scottish teams did well in europe it would benefit the scottish league and be able to attract better players.

2. Being able to negociate sponsorship deals etc, I think alot of people dont like that you dont have all the power in the game, power is good!

3. Being able to do something with the wages you earn in the game, invest back into the club maybe?

4. Major revamp of regens, there is too many with the wrong stats for their natural position, or too many players alike e.g fast strikers but there is no "John Hartson" type strikers as regens.

5. Better media interaction, the game is far too repetitive in the press conferences, I for one hate them.

6. I dont get the fact that hardly any youngsters in the game have a good Potential Ability, very unrealistic as everytime I start a new game I know who is going to turn out good and who isn't. Every new game I have to sell all my young players and first team players at Celtic as I know they cannot progress.

1) Primitive and outmoded concept on a crutch yes!

2) The game doesn't allow you to be CFO (or equivalent) so no. It's a management sim, now not all things in game are what a manager would get, but most of them are in because they make sense gameply wise.

3) Earnings and wages make sense as is. If your wages are high and your contract is reasonably long the board won't sack you so easily, and you'll find it harder to jump ship. If you want more I would suggest using your imagination (personally I prefer reading a book during processing times).

4) As has been said there is a lot of flexibility in retraining regens up to the age of around 21. Also if you start with a large enough database then you'll get enough good regens in all positions. I've seen a few battering ram forwards in my main save.

5) Press conferences in real life are boring, a pefect example is anything done by Garth Crooks. But for gameplay reasons a revamp and expansion is needed, with larger randomness maybe?

6) A lot of players have very good PA starting off remember -8 is Man Utd squad player, -9 is Man Utd first teamer and -10 is approaching Messi levels. Remember too that if the distribution is right then a player with a 130ish CA/PA can be better than a player in the same position with 160 or above. Probably the main reason why you find your young players to be not good enough at Celtic is that a) their CA is low or b) the Celtic researcher (a Celtic obsessive, don't know him but it's the level of commitment needed) doesn't rate the current crop too well. And remember even at the best youth set-ups if you want more than one or two players a season with potential you have to buy in.

Some good ideas and bad in this thread, chairman mode or buying clubs being bad in my opinion. Building stadiums, negotiating sponsorships – also bad. Some of my thoughts are a little all over the place but I’ll give it a shot anyway!

If something is to be done with your manager earnings (which are pointless as it is) how about placing a bet with your players? Similar to Sir Alex betting Ronaldo how ever much it was that he won’t score ‘x’ amount of goals. Maybe only do it if there is a good relationship between you and the player.

Appointing a youth academy director and that having some affect on the quality of players produced in a good idea.

Setting up youth academies in foreign countries is also a good idea, maybe employing ex players as ambassadors to go and do a bit of coaching or PR there to drag in more potential players. Rather than just retiring old players (club icons/legends) that no longer wish to remain in the game the option to employ them as a club ambassador would be welcome… even David May has some connection to Manchester United like this doing after dinner speaking. Also when you take over a club the option to keep a long serving/elderly/successful manager on as an ambassador; case in point Sir Alex. The ability to ask the board to increase your staff limits would be a good idea as well, particularly for scouts.

Just playing the game now and what would be nice to have is on the match control bar at the bottom, being able to hover over a yellow card, red card, goal and it telling you which player.

This would be an excellent addition, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve looked away and missed a goal only to be frustrated by not knowing who scored it.

Referee interaction and the resulting fall out from the F.A, maybe not direct but commenting on referee appointment or performance in the pre and post match interview. On numerous occasions this season referees performance has been influenced by comments made by managers or the media before a game. E.g. their tendency to award penalties be it in favour of one team or in general or not award blatant penalties. This could be followed up in the press conference after the match as well. Also interaction wise the chance to abuse international managers for injuring your players in meaningless friendlies (or just international games in general which are just footballing hypocrisy to my mind) or not picking a player you feel is better than some of their quite frankly bizarre selections at times. Fostering a bad relationship with a national manager could also affect the likeliness of him picking players from your team or like Sven years ago when Fergie was giving him a hard time, have his mummy coming out to tell Sir Alex to leave him alone! :D

The ability to issue a statement to the press when a player leaves wouldn’t go amiss either. I’ve lost count of the number of players I’ve shipped out for being useless only to be told when I meet their new club that we left on good terms and I think the sun shines out of their backside. Quick statements like ‘I wish the player well for the future.’ ‘The player did not develop as expected.’ ‘I allowed him to move so he could get first team football.’ ‘He is totally useless and couldn’t hit a cows backside with a banjo.’ If I release some 18 year old no hoper from the stiffs I don’t really want to know he is playing against me when I meet his new division 4 team in the carling cup.

Appointing a head scout to delegate scouting assignments to and maybe informing him of the kind of player you want to find would help for the casual player who doesn’t want to get into the scouting too deeply. He could also present a weekly scouting report collated from the scouting team (a bit like the backroom advice feature) rather than having all your scouts bombarding your news feed all at once.

If you set your assistant manager to handle training give him a list of things you want him to concentrate on such as youth, maybe even concentrate on more promising players such as focus on improving their weaknesses. Also training related in the run up to a final put a focus on training for penalties.

More could be made of manager rivalries like Sir Alex and Rafa. Causing another manager to have a full on mental breakdown in the way Fergie has with Rafa would be excellent. Further implementing fan interaction along with this would be good as well. Rafa seems to have the scousers eating out of his fat paws because he trots out the spirit of Shankley nonsense and throws in a few lines from You’ll never walk alone despite the fact he is a clueless bumbling idiot who lucked into a champions league win with Houlliers team and has done precious little since. They are still singing his praises making out he is the best manager ever and got behind his facts rant nonsense. Fans thoughts on such things through forums could be integrated as part of media coverage. This could be affected by their expectations (based on clubs history or in the case of Manchester City fans their bank balance) and the fans ability to comprehend reality which if you see any Liverpool forums you will know they don’t! The ability to comment on the board, if you feel they haven’t backed you financially say so (again like Rafa who has no money to spend so he can’t buy £20m players!:D).

I've got a few suggestions

1. Be able to start as a coach or assistant manager then be able to work your way to manager.

2. When our managing in a country where you don't speak the language make the game harder. I've set my guy as Croatian and am managing Havant and W but it is no different to when I manage them as an engishman, wheras in real life it would be much harder than being asked if it will be hard in a press conference.

3. A new training design like FM2005 where you pick things like cross country and pick what stat to train on.

4. Different country and regions in your country trial days where you get players that turn up to them and then get reports from coaches on who stand out in the matches that you can wach at some date if want.

5. More questions and answers in press conferences. They get boring when you just get the same question asked over and over again.

6. On the tactics creator be able to place players all over the pitch.

7. When setting up set piece positions, the screen turns to something like the 2d match screen and you just place the players where you want them to go.

Please Feedback

Should be able to have a chairman career where you could,

-Buy clubs

-Provide budgets for both transfer windows

-Issue wage budgets and wages

-Hire and fire managers

-Invest in the stadium making it bigger etc

-Sell clubs to other investors or consortiums

-Buy new stadiums

-Gain relationships off shores abroad

-Gain understanding with the fa etc

-Invest in accadamys

-Look for nvestors and sponsers

Also i would like to see imprvements in injuries, it seems so easy for players to get injured. i believe you should be able to have options of

alternating injured players training giving them 2 das of training then a day off also more options of surgery etc and also, choice of trining and the training methods, and also show attitudes of players in training.

Maybe SI could make a separate game for this (seems that many peoples want to become a chairman), but I prefer that we can manage women / ladies team first... :D

The Chairman idea is an interesting concept but would be like creating a game within a game. I don't think this will ever be included for a start so it's pointless discussing it.

Anyway, I'd like to see games being postponed because of the weather. I remember most of the christmas schedule in England being rearranged because of bad weather.

Also, more acknowlegdement of achievements like winning the double or consecutive titles. Three sentences doesn't really hack it.

I only agree the chairman, if we have info in the game with picture, would be nice. The info would show what kind of chairman the chairman is. Does he love the club, those he like having loyal players to club or does he wants a galactic team that sort of stuff.

The rest should be the AI. Now I hope that SI improves the AI management.

I think there should be a facility whereby you can view what your fans think at regular intervals, and it should take the form of a club forum, say like on all the top club's websites nowadays. It could be similar to the layout of transfer rumours, and 'fans' could comment on latest transfers, your performance, the team performance in general, finances, takeovers, gossip etc. An example of this might be:

GunnersForLife writes: I can't believe we are looking at (Player X). There is no way he has what it takes to make it at such an illustrious club! (Manager Y) should be concentrating on higher profile players instead.

or

GunnersForLife writes: I am delighted about the news that (Consortium Z) is looking to take the club over. Hopefully they can provide some much needed funds so that we can buy a top new striker and right back.

This way, there can be more fan interaction and we will be more aware as the manager as to what they want. Also, this could help improve press conferences as journalists could bring up, say, a particularly popular point in these 'forums' and see what your reaction is, which could then cause a reaction from the fans on these forums.

GunnersForLife, by the way, was totally random, so the examples which I came up with don't necessarily apply to Arsenal at all.

I'm cm/fm 10 year veteran and in my opinion one area of the game that hasn't been improved at all is players wanting to leave.Sometimes it is really killing my desire to play and through all these years it remains the same.Quick example-my last save with Verona started in 3d league,gaining successive promotions to serie a and establishing myself as a top 5 club in italy in my first 5 seasons.Of course now i have the money i want and i am trying to build a scuddeto winning team,but every good player i buy after 6-12 months they want to move to bigger club.At the same time in Atalanta(i am 7 seasons in) Tiberio Guarente and Andrea Consigli(two great,great players) are still playing for them(Atalanta never managed higher than 13th place in 7 years).I am mad because i played with Atalanta and it is impossible to keep the two of them for more than two years,maybe if you played in europe,but that is a big maybe).

Also i played with Sampdoria and on start of my game Pazzini is tracked by Chelsea and wants to leave,yet here he is bagging goals for mid-table team not wanting to leave because he loves mediocre teams.I could go on and on,but my point is make the same rules for everyone!!

The Chairman idea is an interesting concept but would be like creating a game within a game. I don't think this will ever be included for a start so it's pointless discussing it.

Anyway, I'd like to see games being postponed because of the weather. I remember most of the christmas schedule in England being rearranged because of bad weather.

Also, more acknowlegdement of achievements like winning the double or consecutive titles. Three sentences doesn't really hack it.

Games do get postponed due to bad weather but only once or twice and normally only in non-league.

1) Primitive and outmoded concept on a crutch yes!

2) The game doesn't allow you to be CFO (or equivalent) so no. It's a management sim, now not all things in game are what a manager would get, but most of them are in because they make sense gameply wise.

3) Earnings and wages make sense as is. If your wages are high and your contract is reasonably long the board won't sack you so easily, and you'll find it harder to jump ship. If you want more I would suggest using your imagination (personally I prefer reading a book during processing times).

4) As has been said there is a lot of flexibility in retraining regens up to the age of around 21. Also if you start with a large enough database then you'll get enough good regens in all positions. I've seen a few battering ram forwards in my main save.

5) Press conferences in real life are boring, a pefect example is anything done by Garth Crooks. But for gameplay reasons a revamp and expansion is needed, with larger randomness maybe?

6) A lot of players have very good PA starting off remember -8 is Man Utd squad player, -9 is Man Utd first teamer and -10 is approaching Messi levels. Remember too that if the distribution is right then a player with a 130ish CA/PA can be better than a player in the same position with 160 or above. Probably the main reason why you find your young players to be not good enough at Celtic is that a) their CA is low or b) the Celtic researcher (a Celtic obsessive, don't know him but it's the level of commitment needed) doesn't rate the current crop too well. And remember even at the best youth set-ups if you want more than one or two players a season with potential you have to buy in.

EDIT

Im sorry but I think you are pretty naive, this is a game and has to be able to be different like in real life.

When you talk about the regens, yes you can retrain them but you cannot get them to be natural at the desired position so it doesn't make any sense, also I always start my game with a large database and all of the top leagues selected and still not alot of good regens in my games they are all usually full backs.

Press conferences are very poor in football manager and it ruins the game, I know what option I should click at every press conference.

And lastly for my example on Celtic dont be silly im not expecting Messi's to come through year in year out but after getting to the very best coaches and facilitys, years down the road I cannot make any of the youths make the first team and this is very unrealistic. Remember this is years into the future. The game is far too predictable and has to be more dynamic period.

Im sorry but I think you are pretty naive, this is a game and has to be able to be different like in real life.

When you talk about the regens, yes you can retrain them but you cannot get them to be natural at the desired position so it doesn't make any sense, also I always start my game with a large database and all of the top leagues selected and still not alot of good regens in my games they are all usually full backs.

I'm sorry but calling me naive is like calling the Pope a Muslim.

On this I have managed to get players from akward to natural through retraining and games. I've even done it to mid-20's non regens.

Getting regens through can be hard work, they can be pretty random, and it's extremely rare that you'll get one that looks good straight away. Also no matter how good your ass man is in judging players he's not going to be accurate on judging regens for about six months. I have a player I'm grooming for a big money sale (he's in a position I don't want extra cover for). First season my ass man gave him 1 1/2 stars second he gave him 2 1/2, simply due to the rate at which the player developed mentally over the season.

If you look at Messi's stats in-game on FM05 they were absolutely useless on the first day. It was only when you looked at his PA rating (and if you knew how developement worked, something I was yet to figure then) that you realised that yes this is a future star.

Well if you actually read my post you would have realised that what I said on press conferences was they're boring in real life, thats why they're boring in game (well a plausible reason), but for good gameplay they need to be better. Frankly your response to my point suggests you actually only skimmed my post and didn't read it fully.

I'm sorry but calling me naive is like calling the Pope a Muslim.

On this I have managed to get players from akward to natural through retraining and games. I've even done it to mid-20's non regens.

Getting regens through can be hard work, they can be pretty random, and it's extremely rare that you'll get one that looks good straight away. Also no matter how good your ass man is in judging players he's not going to be accurate on judging regens for about six months. I have a player I'm grooming for a big money sale (he's in a position I don't want extra cover for). First season my ass man gave him 1 1/2 stars second he gave him 2 1/2, simply due to the rate at which the player developed mentally over the season.

If you look at Messi's stats in-game on FM05 they were absolutely useless on the first day. It was only when you looked at his PA rating (and if you knew how developement worked, something I was yet to figure then) that you realised that yes this is a future star.

Well if you actually read my post you would have realised that what I said on press conferences was they're boring in real life, thats why they're boring in game (well a plausible reason), but for good gameplay they need to be better. Frankly your response to my point suggests you actually only skimmed my post and didn't read it fully.

EDIT

Im sorry maybe I was a bit hasty, but I just really think this game is running out of ideas for how to make the gameplay more enjoyable. I have played CM/FM since 1994 and to be quite honest every year i buy the game expecting it to be much improved but I just don't think it is. I appreciate there must be alot of work goes in to Match engine etc but we need more power and features to take this game to the next level.

appreciate your comments

one thing id like is to set up a discipline structre at a club as it would stop players from getting arsey when fined as they already know its coming!

Well if they're going replicating top level real life situations here, the players would get bolshie with or without a discipline system. Top (or near top) level players in the modern era are mollycoddled children in the main who throw their toys out of the pram when they don't get their way.

One for the LLM managers - I'm managing AFC Wimbledon, who start off as part-time. I decided to offer a few players full time contracts, and they all accepted them on the same money as they were on part-time - so I have 28 year old players who have elected to go full time on £850 a month.

Getting a part-time player to go full time should be much harder - they'll normally need their wages doubling to make up for the off-field job they'll have to give up. IRL AFC Wimbledon have just gone full time, and lost a couple of players who weren't prepared to give up their day jobs and take a salary cut.

Yeah, there are certain instances where it is true. But when a players value in game is less than £100k and the club want £1m+, it seems a bit ridiculous.

It is their way of telling you, I don't want to sell him.

Just like when AI come to buy my players, I slap a 20mil or so price tag on them

I would like to see hidden bad habbit traits added. Like the moaning to the ref one. Have ones like diving, willing to cheat to win, pretending to be injured.

The 1st one falls under the ppm of "Likes to argue with officials". I am not kidding here, I really have a Brazillian ST with that PPM.

As for cheating etc, I think it falls under dirtiness.

1 of the biggest fans of football manager there are a few things i think personally that would improve the game.

1.Maybe having an official website for your club and giving you the chance as a manager to publish things there like transfers,interviews with players,messages to the fans,interviews with the club reporters,interact with the fans like letting them know of improvements and commenting on speculation etc. Managers should be allowed to discuss with the board a policy they will follow in building a team and make it known to the fans and board expectations should be based around this. Like how arsenal sold flamini hleb henry etc all around the same time and wenger decided to undertake a youth project.

2.More ways to tap a player like even players getting involved and making suggestions to try and lure club targets to the club like the current cesc fabregas transfer depending on the players stature and ability.

3.More interaction with other variables like in press conferences, Ability to also criticize/Bad mouth players from other teams to maybe demorallize them.

4. More control over training.Id like to be able to work with players during training and tell them to do stuff during training, practise only certain aspects in training (e.g. practise more defensively before a game against a bigger team and see how the formation works, practise penalties before a cup game,)

5.Clubs and players behave like they do in real life.(Madrid always trying to buy the best irrespective of price, barcelona and arsenal trying to tap up youngsters and do cheap shrewd deals, Manchester United buying talent cheap but at the right time, Players wanting and dreaming of playing for other teams and it trigerring a big issue with fans and paparazzi and rumours flying around depending on nature of players. I know that exists atm but its far too basic and boring.)

6. I think it should be harder to buy players but when you do make a capture or a decent signing a big deal is made by the media and fans.

will post a few more later cheers!

I think it would be interesting to have pre-season interactions with players, where you can propose individual objectives for them to achieve. Higher Ambition players would be more motivated by difficult goals, and insulted by anything they see as too easy. Low Ambition players could find themselves demotivated by anything too difficult. Perhaps as a player is reaching his objective, his performances increase or decrease depending on Determination and Pressure attributes.

Example objectives:

-- Score X league goals

-- Keep Y clean sheets

-- Start Z league matches

-- Earn an international call-up

-- Make the World Footballer of the Year shortlist

There could also be training-related goals, such as pushing a young player to increase for example his physical ability, weaker foot, or a training attribute area i.e. Aerobic, or even just one particular attribute. Of course this would act to the detriment of other areas of training, pushing the player to be a specialist. We already have this option with PPMs, but to extend it to direct attribute training would be a step forwards in terms of player development.

Interactions where there is a good player/manager relationship would be more likely to succeed, and repeated achievements of proposed goals would lead to a stronger relationship being forged.

i would like a option where you can ask your scout to go find you the 5 best players in the world at that point, as well as 5 best goalkeepers right backs etc it would be helpful when you are at a top club who only wants to buy the best of the best

at the end of your carear when you retire with the money you have earned in your carear you should be able 2 takeover a club so if you earn 50millon takeover someone like chester and make them better bring in a new manager but interview the managers on your shortlist and the managers come to you with suggestions 4 new players and do much more on the game what someone else has already suggested

I think the feeder club aspect of the game needs a bit of an overhaul, has done for a few versions IMO. Also, board confidence needs to be addressed as I am sick of my job being insecure, when, for example, managing a team like Liverpool and am 5th or something and my job is insecure because I am not 'challenging for the title' even though there is only like 15 games gone and I am only about 5 points off the top!!! It seems board confidence only takes account of the position in the league, and not how many points behind you are!!!

#1 AM Feedback during matches to INCLUDE his assesment of opposition playstyle.

eg1. <team name> appear to be playing a high pressing, short, attacking game.

eg2. <team name> appear to be playing a defensive, direct, counter attacking game.

#2 AI managers to have proper 1st & 2nd choice short lists

#3 AI managers to recruit players appropriate to thier prefered playstyle

eg. a manager who prefers a 343 or 352 formation has no need of Fullbacks and should not recruit them.

#4 AI managers progression within the game should not be solely based on reputation, as it is now. They should also be rated on thier ability to manage. Coaching Skills, Player Management Skills and Technical Expertise should also have an influence on thier job prospects. Reputation + CA/PA is better than Reputation + Nothing.

I'd like to see the venue for European Finals put up somewhere as from what i know they only come up in the news once and then you have to wait for the final itself if you forget. Also i'd like to see alot more on the World Cup, not just the competition but the whole bidding for to be the host and all that. Not actual interation with a bid so to speak but info maybe on who's bidding and maybe an optional cup style draw where the winner is announced. I mean you saw the celebrations when we got the olympics for 2012.

Now that i'm on the whole olympic thing i'd also like to see that put in. I mean i see it in there but England never play. Options for national managers to try and take part in it perhaps. I'd like England to be play for a gold medal at the Olympic's but truth be told i have no idea about the rules for qualification and all that for the olympics as i never really take much notice of it. Still it's a suggestion.

I'd like to see the venue for European Finals put up somewhere as from what i know they only come up in the news once and then you have to wait for the final itself if you forget. Also i'd like to see alot more on the World Cup, not just the competition but the whole bidding for to be the host and all that. Not actual interation with a bid so to speak but info maybe on who's bidding and maybe an optional cup style draw where the winner is announced. I mean you saw the celebrations when we got the olympics for 2012.

Now that i'm on the whole olympic thing i'd also like to see that put in. I mean i see it in there but England never play. Options for national managers to try and take part in it perhaps. I'd like England to be play for a gold medal at the Olympic's but truth be told i have no idea about the rules for qualification and all that for the olympics as i never really take much notice of it. Still it's a suggestion.

The problem with your England idea is that the Olympic team will have to be a GB team, comprised of a condominium of England, Scotland and Wales football teams (the reason why I don't include NI here is that they are represented in Ireland, like in most sports). This would probably be more trouble than it's worth, along with coding the option for having entrance options from other nations who usually don't operate.

A feature I'd like to see is greater interaction with the board - IE more options, you could interact, if you ask for more transfer money he can ask why you want it? What areas you would like to strengthen, or even a particular player. ON particular players, you could ask for a one off investment to sign A player. IE asking Doncaster chairman John Ryan for funds set aside to buy a one off player such as Billy Sharp (As has happened in real life). Thus, it would vary depending on chairman and what he even thinks of the player/area you'd chosen to strengthen.

Another similar feature would be the option to interact on club strategy. IE interaction with the board on improvements to facilities as opposed to player purchasing, thus the expectation may become a little lower, budgets lowered etc. This again could vary dependent on the outlook the chairman has on spending etc.

Just a thought, but might add something to the game allowing us a litte more control as many have wanted, but also ensuring it's not the case of becoming chairman. You in effect get to interact with the chairman and put your point accross. If you want the club to spend 2-3 seasons saving for facility improvement, you ask for that but it jeoparadises other areas of your spending power.

think Newgens need more defining features.

As it stands newgens come into the game and before long you are flooded with them, obviously it isn't hard to see who the best striker is as his attributes will be laid out in front of you, but somehow they don't feel as unique as an actual player.

One thing I think could improve this would be a more in-depth player description, using attributes, stats and PPMs you should be able to see a scout report that describes this certain players playing style (Strengths and weaknesses are close but not enough).

I'm not sure exactly how to put this idea across as even as I write this it doesn't sound right, but for instance:

Peter Crouch and Adebayor are currently very similar looking in game, both tall strikers that have attributes fitting to a target man roll. However in real life it is clear to see these two players have very different approaches to the game, Crouch would be described as an unorthodox yet effective target man, has very good control for a player he's height and is often picked up for fouls. Adebayor on the other hand has a fair amount of pace and strength, allowing him to hold the ball and move around the pitch well and has the ability to pull something special out the bag.

These more detailed descriptions wouldn't be too important on current players but i feel by having them with your Newgens you could get more "attached" with your players.

Also some newgens should be born with "preferred kit numbers", again, purely for building relations with them, as it will give them "personality and individuality"

I would like if you win a match on penetlys then on your manager history it showed as a win and not a draw because of the 90th minute score, this might seem like a small thing but it is something that really annoys the hell out of me especially when you are on an 11 match unbeaten run and this ends it when it shouldnt because you have actually won the match

The problem with your England idea is that the Olympic team will have to be a GB team, comprised of a condominium of England, Scotland and Wales football teams.

Nope. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have formally pulled out but have also said that England are more than welcome to field a team of English players under the GB team name.

"The Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh Associations recognise that England want to do this and there'll be no further opposition from them to England taking part as Team UK providing they do not attempt to include any Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish players."

If what i've read is true then Wales, Norther Ireland and Scotland pulled out because they feared their independence within world football would be under threat should they form a side with England under the Team GB flag so to speak (but in fairness, how many players from Wales, N. Ireland and Scotland would you pick? The only player i'd have from any of them is Gareth Bale).

Honestly can't see a problem with it, may also be made easier from a SI point a view by the fact that FIFA are looking at switching it from U23's (plus 3 overage players) to an U21 tournament but all thats for the future.

I'd say Fletcher would be picked too, certainly in the squad. And Giggs a few years back. England can't be that desperate for a left winger they'd take one without speed. Though after seeing their left side today, Ryan could probably have done a very fine job...

Posted this somewhere else, but if this thread is specifically for it...

im totally with you man..in my game by the second week of July all the big clubs are already negotiating tribunals with gens of high potential..and also they only buy players with big physics which is all that the game ever generates..again unrealistic!!

and because the game is only based on potential, it doesn't take into account that every season is different for a player, look at Rooney, milner and anelka who scored 19 last season but far less this season..

and my biggest issue with the game are the goal keepers..i played in the FA cup against Huddersfield and a goal keeper worth 250 k and his highest attribute was 13 in kickin..i know cheeting is for scum but i jus wanted to create a player who takes the world by storm, sort of living in my own dream world.. that's the enjoyment i get..n this keeper saved every single shot we lost the game 1-0 and he had 9.9 rating..my striker had 20 on every attribute lol..i jus thought holy **** if this was real life..no1 would win the prem..beacuse of super goal keepers

it really is annoying playing fm 10..

it really is annoying..

I posted this on another thread but not sure how many is still looking at thread so Ill try here.....

Hello All this is my first post since the old CM days. Firstly I love the FM series and looking at how FMlive is evolving and Steam I see ways that dynamic updating to keep the game relevant and fresh according to what is happening in the real world. By this I do not mean patches (bug fixes/engine updates etc)

> refreshed and updated media interaction. Possibly what is submitted by the fans online?

> news stories (rumours/scandals/drug bans etc)

The above maybe fanciful but if you get the idea then dynamic updates working separatley to patches should keep the game playing experiance fresh and even unpredictable.

Another thing is to hand real responsibilty to the assistant and coaches both for planning and team feedback.....why else are there there for than to advise the manager (again thinking of dynamic updates, think of how this can evolve)

For example....

Your assitant can propose team training schedules or or individual schedules. The manager can propose his own ideas as the blueprint but the assitant's "coaching philosophy" means that this might be rejected or advice might be given on how best to maximise the teams tactic and playing potential.

Simply put, having an assistant and a team of coaches carrying out your every whim is not how the relationship between management and his backroom staff works and this is also the reason that when a mangaer leaves a club its down to player power or down to internal differences.

This leads onto what also happens in real life, manager (over years) maybe have tried and trusted mebers of his team , therfore when he leaves a club core members of his team either leave with him or when the manager gets another job, takes his backroom team with him.

your thoughts please?

>

1. Gettin day-to-to training session reports from your manager. 'Player A impressed in the 5-a-side while Player B failed to impress in the set-piece exercise, his attitude was poor and I would suggest speaking to him before our next session in the morning' (This would mean new player interaction being added)

2. Being able to do media comments to your own teams fans. 'Sorry for our performance', 'Come and get behind the lads' etc

3. Being able to manage youth/reserve club teams. The reserve/u18 manager of the sides set in the current database just go back to being coaches to assist you.

4. Non-League players not signing for Gateshead from Weston-super-Mare for £100 p/w on a part-time deal. Non-League transfers should be limited to say 30 miles (or a decent distance) from the players current club or birthplace.

5. Add The FA Vase and other Non-League trophies into the database. Even if just into the database so those who want to access them dont have to create them personally, they can just be quickly put into the game in the editor. It'll also fill non-league teams history abit as they've all won a couple of cups.

There are a lot of good ideas on this thread, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is player transfer and contract negotiations. I would like to see a feature where you can have a dialog with a potential signing, take him on a tour of the club, explain the club's ambitions to him and how he would fit into that. Basically try to charm a player who's undecided about coming to your club.

Also think the training needs a major revamp. In particular I'd like to be able to train players on specific attributes, such as passing, finishing, penalty taking, as well as the broader categories. Someone mentioned coaching advice on training schedules - that would be worthwhile, I think.

I'd really like to see the inclusion of Pre and Mid-Season fitness tests as a part of training. Sure we get a number in the stats but it would be nice to see a ranking of your players in a variety of tests. For example 40 and 100 metre sprint times, vertical jump, 1.6 mile run etc. A list of the ranking of each player and their ultimate results firstly when players return for pre-season training, then another one right before the league begins and then consistently throughout the season.

It's something all clubs do in real life and the training model has been in need of some new additions for a number of years now.

It would be great if Football Manager 2011 could see the return of being manager of Germany National team. It has been too long since this option has been available. It is not the same playing against germany as well and playing against a load of fictional players for germany where as everyone else has their current players.

It would be great if Football Manager 2011 could see the return of being manager of Germany National team. It has been too long since this option has been available. It is not the same playing against germany as well and playing against a load of fictional players for germany where as everyone else has their current players.

There is an easy fix for this if you look around

Archived