New Ideas For Football Manager 2011 And Beyond.

Dont know if this has ever been suggested but what about football chants instead of a noise for example when arsenal are losing COME ON ARSENAL or BORING BORING ARSENAL or Youll never walk alone ... your not sinign anymore etc i think it would add a better atmosphere to the game, what do you think?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another idea instead of manager you could start as a player/manager theres no real point but hey its different.

i rememeber in old football games you got to pick your sponsership etc

Renaming stands when a popular player retires or when you retire etc the bergkamp stand

Dont know if this has ever been suggested but what about football chants instead of a noise for example when arsenal are losing COME ON ARSENAL or BORING BORING ARSENAL or Youll never walk alone ... your not sinign anymore etc i think it would add a better atmosphere to the game, what do you think?

I don't like this. There are so many teams and so many chants to add. It's a good idea but it would have to be implemented for every club. I have never seen bias for the big clubs in FM and don't think it will in future. So good idea but as it would be hard work to add for every team it won't be in the game any time soon !

1. Biography for non-players. Why is there only biography for players?

2. Similar reputation when players retire to turn non-players. Irl when players retire they're really often being offered manager job for a big club, just think of Roy Keane, Riijkard, Gullit, Vialli, van Basten, Shearer etc. In FM2010 when big name players retire their reputation takes too much of a beating. They should keep their reputation even though their abilities might not be as much.

3. More enhanced career mode (when you start unemployed with no reputation to make a name for yourself). Its far too easy to get a good job in the 1st season and its also happens too quickly when you're offered big jobs.

4. More freedom with press conference and the ability to boycott it. Irl there are many questions which doesnt make a huge difference but what matters is the way the managers answers. There should be much much bigger database of questions, and more set of questions. Imo if the press conferences wont improve for FM2011 I will consider sending my ass man every time.

5. More depth in board room.

6. Job interviews.

7. The ability to start a press conference.

8. More depth for non-players contract. Why isnt there an option to request a new contract or a raise every time?

9. Ability to be a coach/ass man when you control a reserve team of a youth team.

10. When you as a manager is getting interest from other teams your team should try to hold on to you, by offering you a new contract or a bigger budget, just like they would with a player.

I'd like to be able to petition or encourage the Football Federation to bid for tournaments. The federation could also have a tournament budget (which they do IRL), so they can use that money to expand stadiums, invest in beautification of cities, invest in the local clubs etc etc. If successful in the bid, I'd like to see sponsors get involved in the tournament like they do IRL. After the tournament, proceeds could back into the local football system or back into the coffers of the federation. If not successful, then the Federation has still invested in the game like they do IRL.

With budgets available to the federation, I'd like also to be able to petition the board for them to invest in various areas of the local football system/infrastructure also. Give clubs money for youth development, build or upgrade stadiums, increasing salary caps for some competitions, attracting sponsorship, attract fans, marketing etc etc. Just one off payments each year so you will have to be very selective.

This is part of how the game progresses to higher levels IRL.

Now heres 2 things I'd like to see

1. Coach or pre-coach training! and "special" coaches.

Take for example Raul Gonzales Blanco (aka Raul) or Guti. Both are tremendous players each in their own right, I'm a massive fan and would love to have them on my team just for remeniscings sake, but they need to be viable options of course...Guti Is retired and Coaching, however his stats are not the best. However a coach should be able to bring more than that. ATM I've got all my coaching slots filled, but my club keeps telling me to get more, so now I'm just getting coaches to keep them quiet. But what if I got a coach like Guti, not because of his stats, but because of his tutoring potential. Just like you can get a player to tutor another one, you should be able to do the same with coaches, who might be able to transfer some of their skills, & insights to another player. And if you get an especially close/similar pair then the youngsters stats will go up even more than they would normally. Just in the same way that people are pitching Pedro Leon to be Mitchel's successor or Canales to Guti. If you paired them up on FM Pedro's or Canales's stats would take a greater jump.

Also I'd like to be able to train players to be coaches. Raul in RL is a natural coach/manager and Ideally I'd like to influence him to take up a coaching/assistant managers position when he retires. Atm I have him constantly tutoring all my strikers and AM's, however i'm not sure if this will create an outcome on what his coaching stats will look like (if they dont they should!!!!). Also I havent noticed it, but do choaching stats change thruout the game? Again they should,

perhaps if I put raul into a coaching position I could "mentor" him in a way to increase some of his mental stats to hone him into being my Assistant Manager

2. Also please please please please please please please please please include the option to ask the board to create B & C squads. I tried to do this whilst my club was in the lowest division via the editor, so that I'd have a B squad when I reached the higher levels, and I messed up, as it treats my B squad like a seperate entity. Very annoying. It would have been nice if after my first promotion I could have requested it & when its formed at the start of the next season you can "cheat" and register it in the lowest league available to you/that you've activated.

Within that it would be nice aswell if you could interact with the coaches/managers who run your B & C squads, like maybe have your assistant manager run the B squad and one of your coaches the C squad (if you decide to have one) and another the under 18's, or maybe you can reccomend other managers to run them. If you decide to use coaches (like maybe I would raul) you can use this as an oportunity to hone their coaching/management skills.

Aditionally you should be able to have a say in how the squad runs. I've tried setting formations, and players in positions I want them to play, but I find that the youth squad doesnt follow what I say, often not playing players I've specified in tactics that I want on the field. Its very annoying, so it would be nice if perhaps you could set "priority" positions & "priority" player in the lesser squads so you can rest assured they are getting the experience in the positions you want them to so that when then graduate they are Ripe for the first team, or selling.

and a few other things, I'd like to see more results from smaller financial things like if I make a financial link with a team in Japan, I want to see wether thats turning into enough money, and if I decide to make a tour in that country It should reflect in the crowds & sales. Also things like Tour Publicity & Invitationals (maybe Japan will call me to come on tour in their country, and if I see enough interest I might make a financial link to strengthen our presence), and maybe while I'm there I might allow my players to do some campaign on one of the days which will earn my club some cash.

Its annoying when my club is in the red and theres hardly anything I can do but sell players to make money. And whilst this is true on some clubs, others find other ways to make money and mantain a stable financial background.

I'd also like to see the possibility of buying shares in a club, and when the coach makes a request the request gets put to a "vote" by the board, and if the coach is a member he can put his vote according to his shares (or have it count as one depending on the clubs's company charter)

also travel time taken into account between matches. I cant have a match in Sweden one day and the next in Alaska, especially without it taking a toll on the players. You should be able to set "departure" dates. Maybe i want to fly my team to Toronto, Have them rest for a day & Train for two before taking up the first match and rest a day before travelling after their last match.

Also speaking of rest days, I'd like to be able to specify them in a more appropriate manner. I never rest my players because when I go into the selection and click Rest player for 1 day, what does this mean? That the player will rest the rest of the day I'm currently on? or the day after?, what If I want to do half day? You should be able to specify Rest days on a calendar, and wether you will have training sessions once, or twice (the current system is fine, I just think that should be implemented) Which will affect your players development and fatigue. A lot of the time I want my players to rest on the day before a match but I dont know how to indicate this to them. Do i do it the day before or on the day of? Also I forget a lot the time too, so it would be nice if I could schedule it.

phew! lot of things! hope i see some of them get implemented, as most, especially the last few tidbits are not particularly complicated to implement and will add a bit more depth to some features that really need it without over-complicating them :)

oh yes and also, club finances should be a bigger issue. Even if your club is in the red all that will happen is you wont be able to spend as much, but maybe your board of directors might incite you to sell a few players to make ends meet, and the same vice versa, maybe pick up a star on a bargain because the club is broke.

Also the ability to request a specific player. If you want just one player who is out of your budget you can request him from the board, maybe with a justification/promise (i.e well win the champions within 2 seasons with this player), which if aproved will cause you to loose your remainign transfer budget for the season and the club will splash out (maybe even taking a loan) and buy for you this player. however if you dont make ends meet within the 2 seasons by winning enough prize money which would have paid him off, the board will obligate you to make ends meet (this is where if you have other financial options to make money on would come in handy to lessen the blow of maybe having to sell off some players to keep the board happy)

oh and this has been mentioned before so I'll +1 it, but dont make it so hard (or too easy) to get increased reputation. I have put together an all star team, with one of my players having made top goalscorer for 2 consecutive seasons. I have Pato, Robben, Alan Dzagoev & Angel Di Maria, and somehow only manage to fill a stadium of 30,000 with no more than 12 thousand players on average. I've hit Champions league on 3 seasons, Reached the Spanish cup final 3 times and Top 3 in the league for 3 seasons, and I've only seen my stadium increase from 9K from the season to before I got into my first Champions (4 seasons ago) to 12K now (4 seasons later with 3 Champions League appearances, 3 top 3 in the league and 2 spanish cup finals) I should have more fans than that, and should have more t shirt sales

Being able to edit your home and away kits.

Being able to edit your ground.

less repetitive press conferences.

More weather conditions like snow in the winter etc.

Better interaction with your players.

Player/team logo/cup competition badges already installed into the game.

Interaction with your fans.

Being able to work with your academy squad allowing you to bring youth players into the game.

Going on tour in the pre season friendlies like in the real world.

Make the game a little more tricky because I can take any club up to the next league within reason if I wanted to and in real life it just wouldn't happen.

Choose your shirt sponsor.

3D match engine improvements which is inevitable.

Having control of selling players and buying players because in the game if the board feel it's too good of a offer to refuse then they'll just sell your best players without you having a say in the matter and I know it goes on in the real life but this is leads to resigning as a manger and it should STOP.

If your interested in a player then the other team should not play him the next match in case he gets injured, it happens in real life.

I think you should start off as a manager of a small club and work your way up until you unlock all of the other teams you can manage.

Hand bag rows on the pitch haha.

That's all, I think ive covered what most people have said and what I feel needs to be implemented into the new football manager. If you don't like my views, don't quote and mock. Thank you.....

:)

1. Preseason Training Camps

Would like to be able to take teams on a preseason training camps where the players gain fitness before the season. Have them with 3 sessions a day, where you can select an activity for each session. Include stuff like team meal off-site (could help in team bonding - i.e. no more messages about your star signing who's played with the same guys on International duty struggling to fit into the side) or free time for the 3rd/Evening session, while also having an option to play a friendly against a local amateur side.

2. International get-togethers

If there is a preprogrammed International Break, and you don't have a friendly, you can have the option of selecting a larger squad say 35 to have a get-together. Can use it to have feedback from your International coaching staff on who is looking good, so for younger players who haven't earned their first cap, could have responses like "Rodwell is looking good, he might be one who can step up to the senior side" or "Rodwell is seemingly overawed by the senior members of the squad, may not be ready for a senior call up"

Well, slap me silly!! I just noticed the announcement and the YouTube video from yesterday. They've announced a HEAP of new features. Some I am sure the community will wet their pants about, like dynamic league reputation and a new training system. Fantastic stuff!! :)

Can't wait to try out all this new stuff in a few months' time :)

http://community.sigames.com/announcement.php?f=24&a=43

1st idea is for you to be allowed to manage reserve or u18 team before you are given a first team job and second idea is for you to be able to pay off club debts therefore making your club more valuable who doesnt want their club to be the most valuable club in the world???

IMO, FM 2011 needs the ability to load up game saves from previous versions of the game (e.g. FM2010).

This is so that people can continue playing their good saves, but get access to all of the new features (game engine updates, better 3d engine etc) that come with the new version.

I am incredibly surprised that they have never done this before, as for me, it is a no-brainer...

dont know if anyone has posted this before but i couldnt be bothered going through 4 pages

my 2 big improvements should be

1. in real life the EPL is based on speed, serie a is based on tactical and defensive, la liga based on individual brilliance

my point being is in their respective league it should be based on their differences, same goes for the champions league

2. the longer the same group of players stay together the better they should play

Friendlies

Maybe introduce friendlies that happen in a country between two teams not from that country - e.g. to boost images of the clubs.

For example, if you have enough money, you can arrange a friendly with Real Madrid in America for example.

Also, being able to arrange friendlies with 'XIs' if you are a lower club. If you are someone such as Dulwich Hamlet or Bashley, you can arrange a friendly with a bigger club such as Man United XI etc - who do not play their strongest squad which would mean you getting battered.

IMO, FM 2011 needs the ability to load up game saves from previous versions of the game (e.g. FM2010).

This is so that people can continue playing their good saves, but get access to all of the new features (game engine updates, better 3d engine etc) that come with the new version.

I am incredibly surprised that they have never done this before, as for me, it is a no-brainer...

This is an incredibly difficult thing to implement due to the size and nature of the save game files, to transfer details accross and include the new features would take far too long to test and no doubt have many people moaning that their save games are corrupt. So yes whilst agree it would be a good idea from a coding and testing point of view it simply does not work.

Hi everybody,

I am really excited about the prospect of Football Manager 2011. I am even excited of the amount of suggestions and ideas that I am about to give to you. I really do hope Miles Jacobsen is viewing this post because some of the ideas and suggestions I feel should be imported and added into Football Manager 2011 or future Football Managers.

Players/Staff profile

-You should be able to compare coaching attributes like you can for players. For example I would like to compare one coach with another to see which one is best to add to my coaching staff

-When comparing players or coaches, it should tell me which player is better instead of relying on the overall or attributes. For example if I am comparing Kevin Philips with Rickie Lambert, it should tell me that Kevin Philips is better based on the attributes.

-In the history section under each player, appearances should be broken down. For example the history section should be able to tell me how many cup games, goals and other stats he has done for the club during the season. Also in the history section the substitute appearances should be brackets next the amount of games the player has started. For example appearances: 10(12)

Fans/Chairman section

-In the confidence section, fans should be more realistic with their reaction after the team has played a match. For example if Crystal Palace were playing Arsenal at home in a friendly and lost 2-1 but battled hard, played decent or didn’t get outplayed, the fans should say that they are pleased with the effort from the team although they lost the game instead of ‘disappointed that they lost to Arsenal’.

-When you are about to start your game, the chairman will ask you to choose a target for your team in the league. I think there should one where the chairman also asks you to set a target for cup competitions that the team is entered in for the season. For example you can set your target for Notts County to finish mid-table in League 1, achieve at least second round in the FA Cup, first round in the league cup and any other competitions that team is in. You should also receive money or a news headline from the chairman at the end of the season for the achievement of the expectation that you predicted at the beginning of the season.

-You should be able to apply to whatever club you want as a feeder club or affiliate. It can be rejected by the club or accepted but for the realistic clubs, there should be more of a chance of acceptance.

Scouting

-Under the scouting section, there should be a world map to show me how much knowledge the club has in that particular country. This will be indicated in different colours just like you would see in the current Football Manager.

-There should be a option for you to scout a particular club.

-(Don’t shoot me) but is it possible for Football Manager to get licence for every league in the world. Also to get player pictures and show attributes for every player in the world. (If this can’t be possible can someone please tell me why. Thank you).

Match Engine

-In 2D Mode, goalkeepers should attempt to drive the opposite way or the right direction instead of staying in the middle when a player places a shot.

-When a player WANTS to leave a club and does so, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. If a player moves to a rival club, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. This should be only when the player wants to move clubs or moves to a rival club. For example if Robbie Savage of Derby wants to leave the club and goes to Blackpool, when Blackpool play Derby at their ground, the home fans of Derby will boo at Robbie Savage whenever he touches the ball. If Cristiano Ronaldo moves to Barcelona the Real Madrid fans will boo Ronaldo because he moved to a rival club.

-When your scout or assistant manager tells you of a danger man, there should be a option ‘mark player with hard tacking’ instead of having to go to opposition instructions then choosing ‘tight marking’, ‘closing down’ etc.

-When entering into team talk, the background picture should be a picture of a changing room with each player’s shirt with their names and numbers. This includes new players who you have signed.

Player/ Staff Search

-There should be a subscription letting you know on an update of players available for loan or being transfer listed by a club. When you go onto player staff search you are not sure which players have been added into the ‘loan listed’ or ‘transfer listed’. Also if you have edited a filter, a subscription should let you know if new players or staff have been added to the list. For example if I set my filter to search for players who have an attribute of dribbling ‘16’ then any new players that enter into the list, I should be notified.

-In the shortlist section, there should be a sum of total value on the players your interested in. Also a sum of the total wages. For example if you have 5 players in your shortlist that you are interested in and you are planning to buy these players, the sum will give you an estimate on how much you are likely to spend on transfer fees and wages.

Transfers/Contracts

-If you make an offer for a player and club accepts but the player rejects the contract, instead of having to make another bid, the bid should stay in place and you chase the player by offering a contract in which you are trying to convince him to sign.

-Why did the ‘Assist Bonus’ clause disappear in Football Manager?

-Why did the choice of being able to offer your player(s) to particular clubs disappear? For example if I am managing Crystal Palace, I can offer Matt Lawerance to Gillingham, Yeovil and Huddlesfield.

Training

-When trailing a player you should be able to get a training report from your assistant manager or coaches on how well or bad he has performed during the week(s) he has been at the club. Also you should get a match report on how well or how bad he has done from your scouts, assistant manager and coaches.

- I have realised that whenever I start a new game and I set a training programme, you cannot see how well your players are doing in training during pre-season. When starting a new game, you should be able to see how well you players are doing during pre-season.

-If you want to improve players of a particular position in a particular attribute you should be able to train them specifically on that for a couple of weeks or months and get a feedback from your coaches or assistant manager to see if he has improved.

Tactics/First Team

-What happened to being able to make arrows to indicate runs?

-If you bring a youth player into the first team or he is under the age of 18, there should be an option which you can make the player available for under 18 matches like you can for reserves. For example if I bring Rhys Murphy into the Arsenal’s first team I can choose an option ‘make available for under 18’s’.

-Assistant Manager or coaches should tell you when a player needs a rest. (Maybe it is already in the backroom advice section).

Other

-Is it possible to make the game faster with a huge database? Whenever I want to make every league playable so I can be able to see every player, the game is very very slow. I hope the speed performance can improve.

Thank you for reading this and I hope my suggestions/ideas will taken seriously.

This is an incredibly difficult thing to implement due to the size and nature of the save game files, to transfer details accross and include the new features would take far too long to test and no doubt have many people moaning that their save games are corrupt. So yes whilst agree it would be a good idea from a coding and testing point of view it simply does not work.

fair enough response - cheers.

However, in that case they should separate out the functionality of the game from the data it uses.

(I fully realise this would be a big job to implement), but it would then enable my above suggestion to work...

Anyway, for a perhaps more realistic suggestion - someone mentioned having a setup of "academies" or "soccer schools" in different countries around the world.

When set up, this would give you the best chance of picking up that unknown new Pele...

Hi everybody,

I am really excited about the prospect of Football Manager 2011. I am even excited of the amount of suggestions and ideas that I am about to give to you. I really do hope Miles Jacobsen is viewing this post because some of the ideas and suggestions I feel should be imported and added into Football Manager 2011 or future Football Managers.

Transfers/Contracts

-If you make an offer for a player and club accepts but the player rejects the contract, instead of having to make another bid, the bid should stay in place and you chase the player by offering a contract in which you are trying to convince him to sign.

-Why did the ‘Assist Bonus’ clause disappear in Football Manager?

-Why did the choice of being able to offer your player(s) to particular clubs disappear? For example if I am managing Crystal Palace, I can offer Matt Lawerance to Gillingham, Yeovil and Huddlesfield.

Yes, yes, yes!!

That bugs me no end at the moment

Wouldn't mind if the fan's Confidence took into account the game being played and the players on the pitch.

When your in the league cup and you throw you your youth squad to give them some match experience and they don't do too well (lost 3-2 to Leeds who are Premiership team too) they were disappointed, I am sure in real life they would have been pleased with the performance they put in (2-0 down at half time, back up to 2-2 then a goal in extra time which caused me to lose)

Make the option of reporting a team for tapping up your player if they constantly enquire about the price and put it in bids?!

Here here! I hate it when I have a really good team which is being barraged with bids from teams making them unhappy.

More of a tweak than I new idea but I'm fed up with sending my scouts to look for players in specific divisions & then not hear from them all season, surely out of the 4 divisions that I asked this lot to watch you'd expect them to offer me something but version after version of FM I'm left disappointed & as always miss out on the real talent that the AI appears to have no problem finding in the lower leagues.

Scouting

-(Don’t shoot me) but is it possible for Football Manager to get licence for every league in the world. Also to get player pictures and show attributes for every player in the world. (If this can’t be possible can someone please tell me why. Thank you).

I'd hazard a guess at the ever present issues of time & money.

It sometimes does - you only have to bid again if your contract offer was so incredibly insulting, the player doesn't want to take it any further. They will sometimes negotiate.

No way should you be allowed to invest your manager earnings in a club. If you were actually managing the club, your money would be real, and you certainly would have spent it on yourself, and not on the club!

That idea reeks of a child who has no idea what it's like to earn money.

Hi everybody,

[snip]

I love how every example involves Palace somehow...even the Arsenal one mentions Rhys Murphy...love it!

- masked player attributes (also own players)..

we just can see a detailed report about each player. by wathcing a player's training and match performances and by using statistics we can put the player's each attribute (also a value between 1-20) in his attribute window.. and then the game can decide manager's (our) "judging player ability" attribute by comparing our values and database values. and also a similar way can be used to decide our "judging player potential" attribute..

• 2 weeks later...

1. i would be good if before u send on ur subs u have to send them on a warm up. if u make them warm up for to long they will come slightly fatiuged or if they dont warm up at all they will take a while to get going correctly. no players go on in real life without warming up first, unless injury.

2. u should also have more versitility in the question in press confrences.

3. when ur club is in debt u should be told a way u could fix it.

please consider me suggestion :)

An international stat for players. Something simple like between 1-5, with 3 being doesn't over or under perform in international matches.

Change individual FA's names.

That idea from the op about hiriing psychologists sounds good too.

Brining the squad on training camps to where-ever in the world, with the ability to ask teams from the city for friendlies during the period

Allow to manage reserve and youth teams

1. First of all nice and simple i think in previous FM's players and especially great players decline to fast i think you only have to look at the likes of scholes, giggs, larsson, cafu, sheringham and many more to realise this is simply not true.

Some players form even gets better if they keep in shape and are well rested. I hope in FM 2011 that this can be implemented so unlike FM 2010 you can't buy david villa for £800k because he's 34!!

2. Reading other peoples post's only confirms my thoughts on unrealistic asking prices. We all know in fooball that every club / player has there price and in FM games when bidding for the top players the price does tend to get a bit unrealistic.

This applies accross the board for example when you buy a player from the championship or the SPL you can end up spending £6-7m no problem. You only have to look at Middlesborough recent transfers from north of the border to realise that scottish clubs especially one's outside the old firm will fold for not much money at all.

In FM 2010 Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty went from Rangers to Man Utd and cost around £10m each!!!

3. In FM 2010 in particular its very rare for young players and wonderkids to develop into players who are "world class". I have found that after playing a game for 5 seasons or so that the pool of quality players shortens which makes the game rather flat and you find in order to be succesful the majority of your team have to be 27, 28, 29 +

I completely agree with this. Fans confidence is border line insane at times!!

for example i got sunderland to the champions league final and was beaten by Barcelona they were "very dissapointed in the 2-1 defeat"!! You would think they would be proud to be there and just there to enjoy the moment.

My biggest problem is that in real life I believe most managers have two shapes in mind that they would like their team to adhere to, one for when the team is in possession and one for when the team is not. In FM I struggle to get my team to resemble the shape I want them too when defending and I guess it's largely down to the closing down slider, in real life I would be able to tell my team clearly when we are in possession I want us to be in such and such a shape, however when we lose the ball this is the shape I want us to assume.

When my team is attacking and in possession I want them to pass the ball around and stretch the opposition making the pitch as wide as possible, but when the ball is lost I want my team to come much more narrow. When in possession I want my central defenders to hold a position just deeper than the halfway line, however I don't want that to be my defensive line when possession is lost. I believe this could be solved pretty easily by providing the opportunity to give your team 2 sets of seperate tactics, i.e what you want them to do when they have the ball and what you would like them to do when they don't have the ball. As it is I believe this to be a very poorly implemented aspect of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
My one is a simple one which SI have not thought about, ok we have rain and pitch conditions, well what about wind conditions, that would effect preformances on the pitch like rain would.

I'm fairly certain wind effects are already included.

There’s a lot of good ideas, i think when buying players from other countries it should have a language bar of telling you how good he is a speaking English etc etc, i mean the more he can speak English the more you can interactive with him, and how he’s getting on with other players from other countries,

you should have more interactive things going on with players, like them telling you if anyone in the team they dislike so on and so on.

more interactions with them chairman is a must, and i do believe in the money you earn as a manager you can put towards the club, because why pay me wages that just sit there id rather not get paid and make my club richer.

changing of the kits should be allowed it does get boring seeing the same old kits, or instead all the different sponsors should have there own style on there kit like lines patterns etc etc.

choosing your fav people in the game should be allowed, i don't think you building a stadium but if they do build a new stadium you should be allowed to have a view of it,

i think the matches that you have on t.v should have cameras around the pitch, make it more of a build up before the game, like if you was a semi pro club and you got through a few rounds in the f.a cup against brentford just say and it was on t.v it would be a good thing for the little clubs.

making the goal area on the crap pitches all muddy and wet, if it's wet don’t make the ball run as smooth.

a few things there :)

• 3 months later...

Sporting Directors!

Just like when you ask for a feeder club and they come back with suggestions you should be able to request a new striker or goalkeeper and the sporting director comes back with a list and there is a drop down box like the feeder club and you click "sign him up" instead of "recommend team" and whammo! sporting directors feature

:)

Or for the more direct chairmen you could be just presented with a player

If they plan to keep with agents in the next FM, then they need to integrate more functionality for them. As a manager when you try to sign someone, 5-15% of the transfer fee ends up going to the agent and that's the last you see of them, it feels a bit underwhelming.

Also, as you career goes forward season after season, some more interaction/changes/additions for each new season would be nice to make the next feel refreshing, in hand would encourage people to play their career longer cause they want to see the pay off, like a say in the kite design/color, dynamic rivals, hype around clubs/managers/players, fan pressure.

Lastly the Media still needs a bit of an overhaul, I'm sure I'm not the only one who after a season or two in just stops bothering with this aspect of the game, unless it's a big match (e.g. final). It just feels repetitive, needless, unrewarding and a chore. I'd suggest that if these issues are not addressed and that it stays in it's current format, that an option should be added to tweak the frequency of media interactions in the Settings: None(?), Low (finals/rivals), Medium, Normal. From my stand point, I think that would be a good compromise.

Archived