New Ideas For Football Manager 2011 And Beyond.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan interaction would be nice. At the moment they're just a number but I'd like to be able to do stuff with them. Not sure what entirely - perhaps organising events or something? - but it'd be nice.

Improved player interaction would be good too. Like, if a player gets ****ed off with me I'm able to talk to the player to sort out what they want to do and what I can do. I think that'd be better than just waiting and seeing if the problem will sort itself. As well as more options they can learn for on the field.

Oh, and make the game faster. It's slow :(

u should be able to sign a player but have the choice to loan him back to the club , eg like united have with smalling, then atleast you have the player but then they can develop and atleast be playing football instead of sat in ur reserves

Not sure why everyone is going crazy over this idea. All you do is when transferring a player set the transfer date as 'end of the season' and he will stay at the club for that season, achieving the exact same effect. Also the amount of text speak in this thread is insane, cut it out, forum rules.

Should be able to have a chairman career where you could,

-Buy clubs

-Provide budgets for both transfer windows

-Issue wage budgets and wages

-Hire and fire managers

-Invest in the stadium making it bigger etc

-Sell clubs to other investors or consortiums

-Buy new stadiums

-Gain relationships off shores abroad

-Gain understanding with the fa etc

-Invest in accadamys

-Look for nvestors and sponsers

Also i would like to see imprvements in injuries, it seems so easy for players to get injured. i believe you should be able to have options of

alternating injured players training giving them 2 das of training then a day off also more options of surgery etc and also, choice of trining and the training methods, and also show attitudes of players in training.

I do like the sound of this idea tbh, and i think that could be some sort of spin off game. Its not totally a Football Manager thing though. So maybe it could come as part of the game when you buy it instead of a different game so it would be like an add on that you could opt in or out of. I would be very interested in this as well, I have always thought this side of football to be very interesting.

How about having a press conference after u have picked your team, like on sky sports. Interview before the match starts with questions like " why have u dropped player A?" and at half time before kick off with questions like " two nil down with a man sent off, any chance of a comeback?" for example, and an interview at the end of the match? Geoff shreeves asking about the match would be class!

Another idea is being able to complain to the F.A! Use to be able to eg about refs and postponing matchs?!

And last idea being able to complain to 4th offical during a match and being sent to the stands!

I would like to see a "no sacking" option. Sure, it's not realistic, but I know that personally I like to manage one team each save. Plus, if it's just an option then I don't see why it would be a problem.

A 'no sacking' option is very realistic, look at Wenger and Benitez. :D

On the Players History have his stats in the league & cup not just the league

also make Non-League (loacal) transfers more realistic i.e, a player from the south would join a North-East team for £100 to be a back up player

This already exists for seasons played in game, just click on the particular season then at the bottom it'll have the full stats.

what i think would be pretty cool would be if u had the option to go out for a meeting with the chairman/owner of the club every month or so, and by doing this you develop a relationship with him and during the meeting he ask's you questions, and if he likes ur answers, your relationship improves.

Then by having a good relationship, when you ask him for extra funds in the board room requests section there is a better possibility of him agreeing, but if you dont see eye to eye with him he will reject your request. Thoughts???

1. Improve the look of stadiums for the game engine. It all looks the same no matter where in the world you are, so far i've seen 3-4 maybe but styles are very different between countries. Stadiums in Spain are very different to the stadiums in England. A viewer/creator might be a way to go.

2. A kit creator, fake sponsors and so on may add a bit of life to it as most teams bring a new kit out every season. Also adding a boot colour selection to the player creator in the editor would add a nice touch maybe?

3. In my game i have a couple of players who have played for the team all the way from league one to the premiership. Won countless trophies yet they are still just fan favourites but if it was in real life these guys would be legends so maybe looking at that, adding stages perhaps.

4. A massive uprating of the players movement on and off the ball. Mainly in defence because i can't count the amount of goals that i've seen go in from corners because the guy on the post just watches the ball trickle past him when he's barely an inch away.

5. Need more of a challenge as with my game once i'd won the Premiership and the Champions League i ran away with it every season with very little challenge.

6. Manchester United need improving post Fergie and Liverpool just need improving. Don't get me wrong, seeing Man Utd and Liverpool miss out on the Champions League season after season isn't a totally unpleasant sight but i'm in 2018, Liverpool have struggled to break out of mid table for 3 seasons running and before that never really looked threatening and Man Utd seem to just go backwards as soon as Fergie quits. Not just in 2010, thats in every single FM game i've played.

7. I wouldn't mind seeing the players in the match engine lifting a trophy come the end of the season if they've won one, add's a little something extra to an already good (but not perfect) match engine. Also maybe having players lined up for national anthems in international games may be a nice added touch.

Thats all i got right now.

people you are really confusing me!!!....1 wants to buy stadiums....another wants to speak with fans more.....SOME WANT TO BE CHAIRMAN???!!! come on now this is football manager and the idea is to manage! im aware that people from si read these threads,they must think nobody knows what they want cus someone writes what they want and others disagree...then other re agree and so on!!

ANYWAY...i will write the points ive seen and liked and the points that i would like to add...and please shoot me down if you disagree!

1. more options and clauses in transfers - managers must have some scope..!!

2. improved training, not entirely sure how but ideas would be great

3. i like the idea of managing youth team and reserves....nice for experience pre managing

4. More personal manager attributes...i would love and indepth view of my attributes and an explanation behind what each attribute means (like the players have) - after all we may be the weak link in the team but unfortunately dont have enough attributes to confirm it!!

5. never mentioned in forums before but having more information pre match regarding the weather, grass thickness....this would assist you on you tactic making prior a match. and to add possibly having your on say on your stadiums grass level (like in real life) i know we already have weather but never look at it with the idea of changing tactics!

6.for a few years now ive wanted this but not sure it would add to the game...manager decide when they travel to games...especially european ties...maybe give us the decision of when we arrive for our matches. (again like IRL) plus when training the team could be included. eg train the day before or after the match...ect!!

i could go on but please let me know what you think....

Expert difficulty level:

- all attributes remain hidden, so you can only judge players from their match performances (like in the real world)

Seen a few ppl mension this on the forum past few days maybe they should include it in FM11 see how it goes and if ppl don't like it take it out for FM12. I would play it this way seems more realistic to me.

1. More manager attributes for us like the real managers. its to basic at the moment.

2. Also we should be able to set out favourite players and managers while in game.

1. This is a must imo, it is too basic and more detail will not only be a nice implement but can also help players realise where they are doing well/doing bad.

I yearn for the day when I can view my more than 127 goals properly instead of this statistic always reverting back to zero. This is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to buy Football Manager 2011! In fact, I own copies of Football Manager 2008, 2009 and 2010 now and each year I always wait in anticipation for the goal states to be shown properly and accurately.

Alas! But each year turned out to be a disappointment for me! Personally I really detest any sort of limitation of numbers in the game! Whenever I come across any limitations, I always wonder what the programmers are doing! Did they not think that it would be possible for a player to score more than 127 goals even if one were to mod or cheat his game?

If this problem persists for Football Manager 2011, I might not buy the game at all....unless SI makes other vast improvements to the game, for example, the addition of new leagues (without having to use the data editor) and a vast improvement and intelligence of the AI when it comes to press conferences. Also I would like to see the possibility of league reputations changing as well.

I really hope SI would consider increasing this 127 limit because I really want to monitor how many goals my players scored in their entire career properly. This limitation just looks bad on the game and it shows that the programmers for SI does not view this problem seriously at all. It can be said that this is an enforced bug in the game, thus being very unrealistic. The same applies for the 255 maximum international goals scored by each player as well as the manager's age of 127.

Also I would like to add that the world record score for an international football match is 31-0 when Australia beat American Samoa and a player scored 13 goals in that match. There are also higher club scores than this but I can't seem to find my sources right now.

The question is, if a player in real life can score 13 goals in a match, wouldn't it be possible to score that same number of goals by playing Football Manager? No doubt it is rare but anything can happen in football and I feel that the 127 goal limit is way to low to my liking. The same goes for the human manager's age as well as the 2 billion pound limit. Basically, I am surprised that this limit is still existing after 2 or 3 versions of the game!

I hope SI would seriously fix these issues for Football manager 2011 or at the very least consider raising these limits in future versions of the game. :)

Cancelling a substitution: everyone must have been there you decide on a sub and before it can be made something happens and you need to change the player who comes on or scrap the substitution altogether.

Physio report: Your trusted physio attends to a player on the pitch now the player will either be brought off immediately have a little green cross next to his name or carry on as before. Ideally for me after attending to a player your physio will then suggest on the players participation in the game.

I very much agree with this first suggestion. It happens so many times. Probably my biggest "problem" with FM.

On the second suggestion: I read somewhere on this forum an idea that it would be a good idea that when a player gets that green cross above his head, that we can hover over it and see what kind of injury it is. If it's a facial injury or a groin strain or something. Some injuries could get worse by leaving the player on the pitch, but for some injuries you don't need/want to replace the player.

hey guys..

first time posting here.. but have been playing this game since the early days of CM ITALIA.. with roberto baggio, dennis irwin and albertini at their prime!

always had so many ideas of what could be improved! but just never got to the point to voice them out.. haha

hope to start now..

just a simple one to kick things off on my end.

how bout more involvement with annual/biannual/jersey sponsorships?

and having a say in the jersey designs..

dunno if sponsors like nike and adidas would be hard to get.. maybe impossible cos of the legal issues..

hi guys

Please Please Please MAKE CROWD NOISE BETTER

if there were wild celebration noises this would make the game more realistic. its good at the min but it could be improved.

also

it would be good to be a real life manager on the game im sure you would be able to do this

cheers

1. If your stadium has a roof, actually use it, therefore, if its raining, this does not have an effect on your playing style as the afore-mentioned roof is doing its job.

2. If you've got two wingers, each with their set roles and you choose to have them swap with each other, let them take their roles with them!!!

3. The 1 shot, 1 goal AI trick, either stop it from being a regular occurance or let us do the same? :)

4. A more easy going experience for those who do not spend their entire lives playing FM or actually want to watch the 3d matches.

5. Get rid of the shouts or add them to all game experiences, not just the "tv view" version etc.

6. An option to pay loans off before their expected finish date if you have the available cash.

7. Loan back option as mentioned by many others.

8. Fix issue with AI clubs attempting to sign one of your coaches, fail and then try for another, and another, and another, again and again.

That is all

1) 11) When creating tactics you should be able to position a player freely on the pitch any were you want.

This is something I do like. I'm not sure but beleive this is a feature on CM and has been for a couple of years now? I think it would be a great way to tweat your tactics ever so slightly and cater for individual players more (e.g. Messi's position could be inbetween what would ot be an inside right forward and a winger), it would also allow for interesting developments in head to head battles, a CB dropping back ever so slightly to deal with a pavey attacker (giving him 5 yards head start etc). I think that this could be a brilliant feature and one that people would have a lot of fun 'tinkering' with.

I yearn for the day when I can view my more than 127 goals properly instead of this statistic always reverting back to zero. This is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to buy Football Manager 2011! In fact, I own copies of Football Manager 2008, 2009 and 2010 now and each year I always wait in anticipation for the goal states to be shown properly and accurately.

Alas! But each year turned out to be a disappointment for me! Personally I really detest any sort of limitation of numbers in the game! Whenever I come across any limitations, I always wonder what the programmers are doing! Did they not think that it would be possible for a player to score more than 127 goals even if one were to mod or cheat his game?

If this problem persists for Football Manager 2011, I might not buy the game at all....unless SI makes other vast improvements to the game, for example, the addition of new leagues (without having to use the data editor) and a vast improvement and intelligence of the AI when it comes to press conferences. Also I would like to see the possibility of league reputations changing as well.

I really hope SI would consider increasing this 127 limit because I really want to monitor how many goals my players scored in their entire career properly. This limitation just looks bad on the game and it shows that the programmers for SI does not view this problem seriously at all. It can be said that this is an enforced bug in the game, thus being very unrealistic. The same applies for the 255 maximum international goals scored by each player as well as the manager's age of 127.

Also I would like to add that the world record score for an international football match is 31-0 when Australia beat American Samoa and a player scored 13 goals in that match. There are also higher club scores than this but I can't seem to find my sources right now.

The question is, if a player in real life can score 13 goals in a match, wouldn't it be possible to score that same number of goals by playing Football Manager? No doubt it is rare but anything can happen in football and I feel that the 127 goal limit is way to low to my liking. The same goes for the human manager's age as well as the 2 billion pound limit. Basically, I am surprised that this limit is still existing after 2 or 3 versions of the game!

I hope SI would seriously fix these issues for Football manager 2011 or at the very least consider raising these limits in future versions of the game. :)

I'm sorry but I fundimentally disagree. I have seen another post by you explaining this request and you achieved it by cheating intensely throughout each and every one of your seasons (not that I have anything against it, I can't see how that is entertaining but if you choose o play the game that way, fair play to you :) ) however, nobody else I know has an issue with this (probably because nobody has cheated to such extreme lengths that their players score 127 goals in a single season!!! I can see how this is an issue for you but it seems to me it is only you. If you do not decide to buy next years game then SI can expect to lose what? £10? (estimate before I get slaughtered!), for a developer to program in a change to the game it would take hours/days/weeks, seeing as you seem to be the only person who would benifit from it it surely doesnt make financial sense for SI to do this? I'm not sure it makes sense but I hope you understand that imo this request would be a waste of time. Good luck to you anyway.

Reading this thread made me realize there's not much that can be added to fm,even users are out of ideass,i mean,football chairman???????.i do like the being able to position a player freely on the pitch any were you want suggestion.

Reading this thread made me realize there's not much that can be added to fm,even users are out of ideass,i mean,football chairman???????.i do like the being able to position a player freely on the pitch any were you want suggestion.

I still think beefing up Youth/Reserves and Scouting is more than valid ;)

That and a radical overhaul of corner kicks.

Other than that, I totally agree.

Edit: Some greater width control for players, and quite the significant improvent in the AI in terms of adaption to detail would not go unwelcomed either.

It would also be pretty handy if we could customise TC positions/roles for use with Shouts, and share those as well as Custom Views with other FM players.

Second Edit: And one more tiny little thing. If league/nation "stories" could be better presented and more indepthly looked at, it would be quite the "enthralling" football simulation.

simple... add "job interviews" as part of the application process towards managing a club as this is realistic. example being some clubs boards may value experience over recent achievements, or some clubs may value managers with an attacking mindset over more conservative managers. Superb suggestion if i say so myself. Thank You =D

presidential elections every four years at certain clubs which changes EVERYTHING, including having the president make good on election promises and give you a new player/players etc, new approach to tranfers. everything really.

clubs not signing managers who dont play in the style they expect. Plus even If you won the league, say at Madrid but didnt do it with enough style they'd probably sack you. Ask Capello.

also if you are a top top manager who wins everything and you go to a lesser club, players should be willing, or more so, to go there who wouldnt otherwise. e.g If Mourinho went to Portsmouth for example, I'd imagine a lot more top players would be prepared to go.

make more of the manager generally and dont remove from favourite list just because you leave-especially if you've already got a stadium named after you!

please add more variety and make each club noticeably different, at the moment they are all the same, give or take rep and finances.

please also make more of the role of the president of a club, they can say quite a lot in the media and make demands, complaints etc. the game doesnt reflect this imo.

also should you have control over transfers at european clubs? maybe you could negotiate the amount of say you have depending on your reputation and how much they want you

again, make the game world richer and much much more varied.

please

Would like to see the following

1. Pitch invasions and fine to go with it.

2. Crowd trouble and a fine to go with it.

3. Manager on gardening leave when another team approaches and you accept.

4. Players knocking off each others girlfriends and wifes and them falling out over it.

5. Training revamp.

6. Scouting network.

7. Be able to respond to annual fans and directors questions.

8. Be able to made president for life at a club you stay all your life with and be sucessfull.

Posted this somewhere else, but if this thread is specifically for it...

I like your thinking.

I think the prices of some players can be utterly ridiculous just because they are "important first team players", this needs to be addressed.

I'd like to see more details in the tactical aspect of the game. For instance, I'd to be able to tell my deep-lying playmaker specifically to spread the ball to the flanks, or to feed it to the striker.

I'd also like to be able to give players instructions, as well as being able to give positions instructions. Say I have Milner and Young in my Villa team on either flank. I'd set Young's instructions to beat the full back at every opportunity and get the cross in, whereas Milner would have a more defensive setting. I'd like to be able to tell them to switch flanks regularly throughout the game without Young taking on Milner's instructions and vice-versa (i.e. Young becoming more defensive minded and Milner trying to beat the full back).

Say I had a midfield of Scholes and Fletcher, I'd like for them to take it in turns getting forward rather without them having to "Switch positions" with each other, as it were. Fletcher would see Scholes has gone to support the attack, so he'd stay back, and vice-versa. Because I'd give Fletcher tactics to close down far more often than I would Scholes. Maybe have a "stay back when needed" sort of thing implemented for open play.

Would like to see the following

1. Pitch invasions and fine to go with it.

2. Crowd trouble and a fine to go with it.

4. Players knocking off each others girlfriends and wifes and them falling out over it.

Never happen. SI would get sued.

Reputation: It shouldn't go down due to age. I have a player that has scored over 500 club goals, 60 international goals, been World Cup best player twice in a row amoung countless other accolades and yet because he is now 35 his reputation has dropped from worldwide to continental. I mean Pele is still has a world wide reputation and he's been retired for god knows how long.

Awards: Some are just confusing as i only know of the European Player of the Year and World Player of the year to be decided at the end of the year. But we also have European striker, midfielder, defender and so on which from what i know are awards given exclusively to players who played in the Champions League. Champions League best defender and so on, which come during the draw for the following seasons champions league not at the end of the year. World footballer of the year i've never even heard of yet the award history is the same as the real life version of the fifa world player of the year. Make it simple so i don't have to bloody edit lots of awards (took me best part of a day to make all the changes before i could even start the game for FM10). Also from what i can see awards like Fifa's World Player of the Year are given on reputation rather than form, goals, assists and so on. Change this!

Transfers: The most annoying thing about transfers are... well i'll give you an example. Arsenal were ready to sell Jack Wilshere, they put an acceptable price and i made an offer to the tune of that price. They come back, ask for a little more so i agree and put it as non negotiable and they rejected it. To make matters worse they then sell him for less than what i was offering to another club. It has happened on more than one occasion.

Tactic's: Bring back the movement arrows, makes things clearer. Also, it was mentioned above about setting a player to a certain way of playing. E.g. If you have two strikers, one as a poacher and the other as a complete forward but you also want them to switch positions with each other to make them harder to mark they should take the mentality with them not just slot into another. It restricts your tactic's and seems just down right stupid to be honest.

Press conference and player interaction: After a couple of months in game it becomes boring. Need many more questions, a much wider selection of answers to each. Maybe adding an option to choose who questions you like you see in real press conferences. Take a question from the BBC then have the choice of other journalists. Also in game at kick-off and half time you shouldn't be restricted by what you can say to your players. Just have all options open reguardless of if your winning, losing or drawing. Real life managers aren't restricted to 4-5 options of what to say to players so we shouldn't be either. Also outside of games if a player is unhappy about something adding the option to call him in for a meeting (like the back room or pre-match advice meeting with questions like a press conference) where depending on answers and responses he'll become more unhappy or happier. It'd add an extra dimention to the game i think and make it easier to keep players happy.

Thats all i can think of for now.

interfering chairmen - signing players for you (even if you dont want them), spouting off at the press, questioning your team selection, recommending you play a certain player, all these things would mean you would have to build a positive relationship with your chairman/directors

dont know how it would be implemented but would add further depth to the game as some clubs would be better to manage than others depending on the chairman... is it not middlesboroughs chairmen managers always go on about being a delight to work for, whereas i dont think Pellegrini at Madrid would say the same about his chairman

Also it may be controversial as i have seen people complain about it being to easy to be sacked, but if you are managing one of the massive Italian or Spanish clubs and say reach Christmas and you are off the pace at the top then you should be sacked... some sort of chairman rating on how likely they are to put up with poor performances or style of play (Capello won the league at Madrid and got the sack because the team wasnt entertaining enough)

i think there should be an option when you start the game that you should have the choice of being able to do ya coaching badges or not. and do ya know when ya on data editor and ya create a new player and ya get choose skin colour choose height fav clubs and personel and dislike clubs or dislike players ya should be able to do this when ya start a new game with ya manager ya gunna be more info not just the name d.o.b and fav club ya should be able to choose his height weight skin colour hair colour like ya do when ya creating a player in the fifa 2010 game like hem things not the basics to boring. hope people understand what i put in there not good at making perfect sence in what i say. hahaha.

do ya know when a club is selling a player for 5 mill and about 5 teams have those bids accpted and you put in a bid like that it gets rejected then ya double it but it still gets rejected and another team got accepted for like 4.5 i is frustrating.

There is a fans day in FM to attract new fan to the stadium...question is...can we as manager set what date to be a fans day? of course you would want fans day to be a day when your team goes afgainst a high reputation team where many fans will come to the stadium...so we can set that day as a fans day....

or fans day is totally set by the boards?

Not even sure what a phycologist is? A quick Google search tells me it's the study of Seaweed. I don't see how that'd aid the game at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phycology

:D

I think he means defining roles of the staff that are already at the club e.g. Sports PSYCHOLOGIST, Club Doctor, Kit Manager etc. which is a good idea, adds realism and so forth. Considering the other ideas so far, I think starting off as a Reserve Team manager or Youth Team manager is the best one I've come across, depth needs to be added in that area definitely.

Archived