Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Administrators

This is the thread for all Feedback for Football Manager 2014 14.1.4 and the Demo (also 14.1.4)

Given the previous feedback thread, please be aware:

• Bugs should not be reported here, please use the Football Manager 2014 Bugs Forum
  • Please make all feedback constructive
  • Unconstructive feedback, moaning, abusive or off topic posts will be deleted and infractions will be handed out to those who continue to ignore this.
  • Abuse of SI Staff or Moderators will not be tolerated and infractions will be handed out.
  • Moderators reserve the right to remove posts as they see fit
  • Tactical discussions should take place within the tactics forum.

Update details and change list can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375791

We very much hope you enjoy. Thanks.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the update mean I have to start a new game or will it allow me to carry on with my save?

''As with all updates it is save game compatible and you are fine to continue your careers. The only exception to this is with the Swedish reserve league as listed below in the changelist.'' - Brocks.

''As with all updates it is save game compatible and you are fine to continue your careers. The only exception to this is with the Swedish reserve league as listed below in the changelist.'' - Brocks.

Yea cheers, just read that, ta :D

There is no mention of fixing the bug with tutoring only being allowed once a season. Has it been fixed and how long will I have to wait for my tutors who were affected by this problem to become available again? Other than that great to see the update and thanks for the efforts.

• Administrators
Paul, what does this mean?

PROGRESSION

- Adjusted Free Kick attribute progression

Means players free kick taking attribute wasn't progressing at the same level as other attributes. This has now been fixed.

• SI Staff
That looks and I'm sure is a fairly substantial amount of changes to the ME? What do you think is missing?

It's all the ME fixes up to about 2 weeks ago, where we made the cut off point ME wise for this update.

There are more ready and in test for the next update, whenever that may be. It's just the way these things work.

Oh I am loving this.

My defence are now absolutely vile to the opposition. Despite having less than 45% possession in my matches, the vast majority of the highlights are my team with the ball - because the opposition just can't do anything other than pass the ball back and forth outside my box :D

Anti-football for the win \o/

Oh I am loving this.

My defence are now absolutely vile to the opposition. Despite having less than 45% possession in my matches, the vast majority of the highlights are my team with the ball - because the opposition just can't do anything other than pass the ball back and forth outside my box :D

Anti-football for the win \o/

Is this using your cantannaccacino thingy?? Or was that not your thread? :p

It's all the ME fixes up to about 2 weeks ago, where we made the cut off point ME wise for this update.

There are more ready and in test for the next update, whenever that may be. It's just the way these things work.

Oh I wasn't suggesting anything was, just replying to someone saying "was that it". I'm more than happy with change list.

Is this using your cantannaccacino thingy?? Or was that not your thread? :p

Yeah this is with catenaccio. My fans must be so torn between loving and hating me. I'm getting results but they're all smash and grab.

Have to say my initial view is I am a little disappointed that both the affiliate bug and the " after promotion " transfer bug ( were both acknowledged as bugs ) have not been fixed

New Affiliates are still not showing and you can still offer £30m after promotion without it being taken out of the transfer budget

Will play a few games and give some feedback on the ME

A big step in the right direction with this update, match engine in 3D at least is running smoother and seems to be more coherent. I had a big sigh when I kicked off the first game when my players ran into each other immediately from kick off and fell over, lost the ball... so that still hasn't been fixed, also players still try to win corners in weird places by attempting to kick the ball off an opponent, on the byline or touchline, yes by all means do that but 10 meters inside both? no thanks!

I ended up beating Arsenal 3-0 with my Newcastle team however, and the defense now works much more fluently and works together better as a unit, so cheers guys, good job!

All in all, i'm happy with this update, it is a big step forward. But as always, there will always be something that can be improved. I for one, look forward to the next update, but for now I can play again without pulling tortured faces and scaring the neighbours kids with my half-time team talks.

Means players free kick taking attribute wasn't progressing at the same level as other attributes. This has now been fixed.

I noticed in some of my holiday games in the last patch that too many players would have 20 in that stat. I'm glad that the progression was tweaked.

Archived