Do you want the Highlight Speed slider back?

Do you want the seperate Highlight Speed slider back?  

605 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the seperate Highlight Speed slider back?

• Yes!
    • No!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it intensely annoying because i like my matches to go quickly yet i like the highlights to be fairly slow. At the moment to achieve this i have to mess around with the slider whenever there's a highlight!

That's exactly how I do it. Only have 'key' highlights on so don't really want to have to watch an empty screen for ages until the next highlight. But having it set to high looks like watching a match on fast forward. Please bring it back SI!

So many people saying "yes" I really do not get it. Some people have mentioned that they watch highlights. This to me doesn't make any sense; how can you manage your team, your players and your club by only watching 50% (at most) of what your players do on the park? I How can you properly assess them and their contribution towards your club if you only watch them half the time? That to me is all the ingredients of a lazy manager.

That's like instead of going to a match in real life, preferring to watch highlights of the game on match of the day or Sky's highlight programme.

Really does not make sense.

So many people saying "yes" I really do not get it. Some people have mentioned that they watch highlights. This to me doesn't make any sense; how can you manage your team, your players and your club by only watching 50% (at most) of what your players do on the park? I How can you properly assess them and their contribution towards your club if you only watch them half the time? That to me is all the ingredients of a lazy manager.

That's like instead of going to a match in real life, preferring to watch highlights of the game on match of the day or Sky's highlight programme.

Really does not make sense.

So because you watch full games, everybody else should have to.

This is a game, not real life. People play it to have fun and relax and progress through seasons.

Your post is worthless.

So because you watch full games, everybody else should have to.

This is a game, not real life. People play it to have fun and relax and progress through seasons.

Your post is worthless.

No, you silly billy, you completely and utterly misunderstood my point. :)

If you're a manager, which is the very point of this whole series; to be the manager of a football in order to see how you'd fare in the comings-and-goings of the world of management, dealing with all facets and aspects of transfers, tactics and basically the day-to-day running of a modern day football club. The whole concept of this game is to see how you'd fare being a manager. To look at your players, determine their every step and move on the park and to act and react accordingly. How are you supposed to react if you miss out on a stumble, a fumble, a mishap or a down-right mistake by one of your players? If can you act accordingly if you don't see it? How can you even be aware that it happened? Ya know, what if said mistake by one of your players isn't highlighted in the same key moments? What are you supposed to do, guess? Watching a match on FM is supposed to be liking watching it in real life or at least that's my interpretation of it.

Do you see Alex Ferguson watch 10 minutes then go off to have a coffee and re-appear for the next minute, then off again, ect?

Your point about it just "being a game" is as pointless as your post, honestly, because what's the point of playing a game, dedicating serious hours to it if you're going to just treat it with the contempt that you've just showered upon it? I guess that said more about you than it does about anything/anyone else. :)

My post is worthless and yet you felt the need to reply to it? I guess you like dedicating your life to things in which you have nothing but contempt for. Golly, you must have a lot of free time on your hands. ;)

Absolutely.

One commentary-speed slider, and one highlight-speed slider, please. How odd that they chose to merge these two. They said that they did it because a lot of people didn't know the difference between them - if that was the case why don't they add a notice ingame that actually explains the sliders instead of changing such a nice setup? Annoying.

Yes x 10. Absolutely shocking decision to take it out in the first place. We've all been 'new customers' at one point and those that have been playing from the start still had to overcome the majorly confusing obstacle that was called highlights slider when 2D was introduced in CM4. Seriously, who on here is willing to admit they found the two sliders hard to comprehend?

I chose "no", because the options were somewhat limiting. I like the idea which someone from SI mooted recently of having an "advanced" panel, and having the two sliders in that advanced panel only.

Any company worth its salt takes out feasibility studies, user acceptance testing, and so on. Apparently, the feedback they got on the two sliders was negative - many people couldn't see the point of having two. They therefore, sensibly (remembering that there are hundreds of thousands of users that don't use these boards) removed one of them.

I, too, like to tweak the speeds using two, but I understand why they removed it. If they included an Advanced panel, and that panel contained the two sliders, then I'd be very happy.

Any company worth its salt takes out feasibility studies, user acceptance testing, and so on. Apparently, the feedback they got on the two sliders was negative - many people couldn't see the point of having two. They therefore, sensibly (remembering that there are hundreds of thousands of users that don't use these boards) removed one of them.

The question is where those studies more to do with how intuitive the interface is. So for example a new gamer plays the game without reading the manual. Is it clear for this new gamer what the two sliders do? Probably not.

But if said gamer were to discover what those sliders were actually for and played long enough to realise the impact of having them, would he/she change their mind about whether or not they should be available? Do they reach a point where they switch to a different viewing option besides full match and think to themselves 'I wish I could speed up the non highlight periods of the match' or 'having to pause and change the slider so the highlights aren't too quick to figure out what is going on is a pain in the arse'? To me that is the answer this poll is revealing.

When you know what they are for you realise how useful they are.

If their studies revealed that users who know what they are for prefer the single slider then fair enough. It would also mean this little poll shows a small glimpse into how out of touch with the 'average FMer' the forum is :D

Yes bring it back. One speed for all does not help the supposed TV experience that match day is supposed to have. Especially now with the 3D engine that further enhances that.

Where/when was this feasibility test? Perhaps testing needs to be expanded to all potential customers. Maybe offer open betas and tests to people that pre-order the game - since these are the core consumers.

Occasionally in a meaningless match or friendly I like to use commentry only (and really fast) but I still like to watch the goal replays.

At the moment I have to scrabble to get my mouse every time there is a goal so I can slow it down for the replay! Argh!

I haven't seen the demo but from what I have read my answer is a definite yes. Cannot understand why people say no. Having the sliders mean that everyone is happy as it gives everyone the option.

On 2008 I always used Match Speed on Default, Highlight Speed One notch up from Default and watched the match in a split screen with either key or extended highlights. I haven't got the time to watch whole matches.

What kind of people are clicking no? :) I mean, seriously...

I want to start a new game come the 14th (yes, I'm ordering it!) and see my new players score a goal. I dont want to watch every game at a slow speed so that I dont miss the goals.

Come on SI, you simply messed up here - please revert! There is no valid argument against you going back to the original system.

Archived