How long does it take for you to finish your season?

How long does it take for you to finish your season? Do you take care for a details or you just play, play and play matches?

How long does it take for you to play a match?

How long does it take for you to prepare for next match? Do you spend time on something or you just going straight forward into next match?

I would say approx. 15 hours for a season. I skip most of the media nonsense, but play all matches on key highlights. This is what takes the longest time, usually. My matches tend to create a lot of key highlights ... Once I have my tactics and players "set", it's mostly about tending to matches, and keeping an eye out for new talents or available established players. I also spend some time once a month adjusting the training for all players. (Individual training focus; my schedules are set). I am running all European top leagues + second tier of France, Germany; Spain and Italy + second, third and fourth tier of England. All playable. All other top leagues viewable. Large database + all players from top leagues everywhere. Oh, I leave press conferences and team talks to my ass. man. He's good at it, I'm not.

My seasons are usually in the region of 36 hours, but that will include some idle time and I also surf the internet while I play, so the 'actual' number is probably around 30.

Edit: All matches are on key highlights.

Well according to my FM11 save 20 seasons has taken me 77 days which is 92 hours per season.

In reality given that FM runs a lot in the background while I do other jobs I would say at least half that is idle time, maybe 2/3rds is closer so that makes it about 30 hours per season which seems about right.

From the sounds of it, I probably shouldn't say... My Saints save is at some 30-odd days, and I am in the pre-season for season 3. I do leave the game running a lot while doing other things, so that skews it wildly. I'd say that I play one or two match rounds in a night, which is 2-3 hours' worth. I tend to spend a lot of time on checking training progress, shopping for team improvements, etc. My transfer windows often take forever. I do watch a large chunk of each game on Full, switching to Key Highlights when I am satisfied with what's going on, or resigned to not being able to change things. I also do manage my youth team.

A season takes me about 7/8 hours game time.

I go on holiday to miss the the match (I watch the goal highlights after) day and the team talks. I have played the game so long, this part is no longer the fun it used to be (for me). Spend most of my time personally scouting for players, team building, handling problems, team selection, tactics, etc. etc.

Am I the only person here who watches every match in full...? One match takes me over an hour! I'll even watch full matches I'm not involved in at times, for scouting purposes - probably a ridiculous waste of time!

I watch key matches in full, but otherwise in extended. I used to watch every match in full but it's just too much, it'd take me months to get through a season and valuable life-span.

And yes, i do watch other matches. CL finals, exciting games in the league on TV mode, and if i'm scouting a player and want to run the rule over him myself, i'll often go and watch his team play, time permitting.

Guest avine

Yep, i think i have answered this before in an other similar thread but nevermind:). In my sphere of using fm it generally takes a lot of time, a day while going on holiday through the games.

• 2 months later...

about 20 hours prob. 1st season is usually longer than others due to setting up my staff, training, tactics, signing lots of players etc. I watch games on text commentary with the goal action replayed. Media wise I do not often interact with my players or with other managers unless to boost morale or sort unhappy players. I do all the pre and post match interviews but pretty much say the same things every game so does not take long to do them. I have about 40'000 players loaded into the database and I play on a laptop so the processing speed is not the quickest either.

I usually play around 3 seasons with a team before I get bored of winning everything and start again with a new challenge.

They should make a new feature so you can skip game or make it even faster a than this. At this moment you can holiday it but your tactic doesnt work as it should when you are watching matches. So I think this is feature that SI should create!

It would really help us!

Weeks, because I tend to only play a handful of matches at a time, then i'll leave FM for a few days or so, then go back and do another handful and so on and so forth.

While it makes for slow progress, it does mean I don't burn out or get bored.

Im same, play really slowly. Can take me up to like a month to play a season, although if I have a quiet weekend I could get one done over Friday Night, Saturady and Sunday but that is a very rare occurence

In the holidays like now about 2 to 3 days a season. Usually about 15 to 20 hours that is I guess per season.

But I've noticed that over the years it's taking me longer and longer to finish a season. For which are two reasons. The games become more complicated (more detail), but I put more effort into it every year as well.

I take a very very long time. I have probably 75% of my FM time as Idle time, probably more. And even then I still watch most matches on Extended/Full

It is so nice to watch on Full and in 2d classic matches.

Nowadays, i would like to play fm with watching all matches on Full length, but i actually play the 'presidential' way because it would take more than a week to finish a season and now i, understandably, finish a season in two days(not real times).

It is so nice to watch on Full and in 2d classic matches.

Nowadays, i would like to play fm with watching all matches on Full length, but i actually play the 'presidential' way because it would take more than a week to finish a season and now i, understandably, finish a season in two days(not real times).

In terms of how long it takes me to get through a season I am in November 2018 in my main save which is Tenerife. I am not burdened with much real life stuff yet I started this save in mid January. Maybe because my laptop is shocking slow contributes but I play at about a season a month which compared to what I see and hear is very slow.

LOL I think im the slowest player in the world! Really do believe that. Im waaaay to OCD when it comes to scouting and transfers etc....for example I have not had much time to play recently with birth of my first child and ill missus but i still manage to squeeze a quick hour in before bed and in my MLS save I have only progressed 1 game day in the last 5 real days.

I dont even watch highlights or full game. Watch goal replays only.

I take forever just to do a season. I do all press conference etc and never leave anything to an assistant simply because In my experience even with the best assistant they are not you at the end of the day and always seem to have a different (and wrong) opinion or way of doing things. So with the weekly repeated boring press conference it takes a while. Even when unsubscribing I seem to have so much rubbish on my news feed and that adds to the time scale.

Like I said I am very OCD. I remember one save I didnt (couldn't) continue 1 game day for about 2 real life days simply as I couldn't decide whether to take a job that was offered lol!

Wow some poeple really fly through the seasons! How can you enjoy the game that way? To each his own...

I play a season in about 60-70 days. I pretty much play a match per day and I watch the entire match in real time. I manage every aspect of the club and read hundreds of scounting reports, every email, all tactics and my reserves squad. I spend time focusing on training, finances, scouting other clubs and I also enjoy looking at all the histories and stats from past years for the fun of it.

I'm suprised so many people dont watch there matches, thats the best part of the game IMO.

edit; lots of youngsters with plenty of ADD and time on there hands I see lol.

FULL MATCHES FTW!!

8 hours for me, I know what players I want from the off (played it far too much) so whatever league or whatever division I know what I likes. I don't watch any matches as it looks awful and all the goals are so repetitive it is only commentary for me which I would turn off now if I could! updates for commentary would be nice in FM13

Archived