anyone else not playing fm 12 till the jan update is out?

I had intended to wait for the January transfers and then start a new game, but as there haven't been many January transfers, and with Harry Redknapp, who can usually be relied on for one or two, otherwise engaged, I'm not sure it'll be worth it.

I will wait, but it's more a case of 'giving the game a rest' than being desperate for changes.

The only way I'm getting any joy out of the game is to do all the "Hero" achievements.

It's far to easy to win everything. I've already done the Brazil, England and Italy hero.

I'll continue to do these until I've done them all, regardless of patches. I guess maybe around March or April I'll invest some time into a long-term save, with a world tour around, Australia, China, India, Brazil/Argentina, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, England and finally landing safely at Barcelona, where I'll play that save until the new game comes out.

Nope you're not the only one cos I'm waiting as well.

Made the decision to wait until all the updates were out before actually getting the game this year and that way I can play the game FULLY updated.

I know that parts of the updates/patches affect parts of the game that only come into effect when you start a new game and this is the main reason why I'm waiting. Would rather play the game when it's fully updated than when it hasn't.

I have been dabbling about a little here and there with the game, mostly to learn newer features, but I never start a long term game until the last update. The reason is not to have the most up to date rosters, but to play a game that is fully patched.

I have been tweaking my database while managing a club since November rather than actually "playing" a save, I have done a few seasons on it then the last patch stopped it going past 6th of March in 2012... Now I am just tweaking the first season and bug hunting by starting a new season every week or so and making sure the database is fun to play.

When the "final" version is released I will crack on with a long term save with a lower league team, a signup and a top league club game all in the nation I have made.

Even when starting games post-update I still tend to pick the very first database. I prefer it to be correct as of the start of the season.

Sometimes I'll re-edit Newcastle and keep all other changes, which can be fun.

Yes I always wait until the game is complete before starting anything serious, so that means after the final patch in Feb. Find it hard to really get into a game seriously before the game is finished. There are always final code changes in the last patch - it's not just data. Until now i've been playing the odd season here and there to get used to the UI and new features as well as work on some tactics and try out some skins etc. But the real fun begins with a career game the day after the final patch for me.

Otherwise, if I start a career game before the final version, as soon as the next patch is released I feel like i'm missing out and my current game loses it's appeal very quickly...

Not me, I've been happily playing my career save since Day 1. In the past I have sometimes waited for a specific patch or update but really this year I see no need.

I'm about 7 years into a game and getting a bit bored as I do when real players start retiring. Can never get into it with regens. So I'll start again once the update is out.

This is an interesting point, for me I actually prefer FM once the real players start retiring and regens begin to swamp the game world.

I had never bought a game before FM11, and I waited until March of last year (all updates were there, 3rd database, and half-price). I like that it's a "finished" product by then. I plan to do that pattern every year. I'm enjoying FM11 now, and will buy FM12 in March (spring break, as I'm a teacher), and will have a complete product for half-price.

Not me, I've been happily playing my career save since Day 1. In the past I have sometimes waited for a specific patch or update but really this year I see no need.

This is an interesting point, for me I actually prefer FM once the real players start retiring and regens begin to swamp the game world.

Interesting how there are different opinions. I have never been 7 seasons in before as usually started a new game after each patch but didn't bother restarting after the last one so just continued. Just can't get into it with regens it just loses all it's realism to me so probably 8 or so seasons is my max.

Wow this January transfer window was lame, not much activity but what do you expect from the impending FFP? What a shame, but anyways i'm currently enjoying my new profound love for FM after trying a different route of playing FM than I normally played. Trying not to spend at all unless necessary and strictly going only with a starting 11 without rotating players too much.

Even when starting games post-update I still tend to pick the very first database. I prefer it to be correct as of the start of the season.

Yeah I did the same thing when I started a new save on FM2011 last year. I don't understand why anyone would start a game with players in their team who, in real life, wouldn't be coming to your club for months yet - in which time you would have played half a season and most likely every team would be in a totally different situation in your FM world as opposed to reality. But hey, that's why they give us the choice I guess :)

If I start a new game post update I will only use the updated db if there are significant errors in the original one, FM12 will be one of those versions as there are a few British clubs who incorrectly have individual TV deals on 12.0.0 which screws their finances.

Wow this January transfer window was lame, not much activity but what do you expect from the impending FFP? What a shame, but anyways i'm currently enjoying my new profound love for FM after trying a different route of playing FM than I normally played. Trying not to spend at all unless necessary and strictly going only with a starting 11 without rotating players too much.

As a football fan, I was disappointed with the lack of activity, but as a Football Manager fan, I'm kind of happy about it since the database will mostly just be attribute updates for breakout stars and the like. It never felt right starting a game in 11.3 with Torres, Suarez, Luiz, etc. already at their new clubs. Now, I just wish there was a way to disable transfer budgets until summer 2012...

I haven't touched FM12 since November. No particular reason, was preoccupied with other 'duties' (BF3, Steam sales etc:D). I'd like to start a new game, but decided to wait till the new patch is released. Every single year it's pretty much the same, which makes me wonder if there is any point in buying the game on the release day - this time I will probably wait till Feb 2013 before I buy the new FM.

I haven't touched FM12 since November. No particular reason, was preoccupied with other 'duties' (BF3, Steam sales etc:D). I'd like to start a new game, but decided to wait till the new patch is released. Every single year it's pretty much the same, which makes me wonder if there is any point in buying the game on the release day - this time I will probably wait till Feb 2013 before I buy the new FM.

:)Yes,i've arrived at that conclusion!!!

I'd sooner play with the Jan transfer update included rather than the game as when released,watching the other English leagues and seeing Norwich/Swansea/Newcastle well adrift at the bottom,also Southampton being relagated from the Championship does not fit in with life in Feb2012 for me,maybe the update will fix that?,i'll holiday for a season first before setting out on a career game and fix them if needed lol

wont be playin till the 3rd and final patch is out, there is only 3 patches right?

Well technically i think it will be classed as only 2 patches this year as the others were only really hotfixes so to speak :) so the next patch will be 12.2

Archived