LIVERPOOL SEASON 2013/14
Finally finished my first season as the Red's and managed to win the league! Was unbelievably impressive in upto the new year then struggled a bit more but managed to grind out results and finished top of the table with 81 points.
I disabled the summer transfer window and made no changed in the January window, as I want to develop the young talent we already have. (other than a few loans out such as Luis Alberto, Samid Yesil, Joao Teixeira and Brad Smith.
This was how the Premier League finished..
The top performers of the season were as follows..
Despite only scoring 16 goals, Suárez assisted 17 and had a average rating of 7.54. He was also awarded the World Player of the Year for 2013, the writers Players of the Season and was named in the world and Premier League teams of the season. He played in the hole behind Daniel Sturridge as a Trequista.
Hendo had an unbelievable season on the right wing in a defensive role and was rightfully awarded the supporters Player of the Year award, aswell as being named in the Premier League team of the year and was runner-up for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He grabbed 10 goals and 10 assists during his 38 appearances and went on to play every world cup game for England in Brazil.
Studge was the clubs top goalscorer with 20 goals in all comps and was the second highest goalscorer in the Premier League under Robin van Persie. Sturridge also contributed 10 assists and went on to be a star at the World Cup for England in the summer.
Coutinho had a stormer of a season up until the new year and then went quiet all of a sudden. Despite this, he managed to end up on 13 goals and 13 assists in all comps. He was therefore named as the PFA Young Player of the Year and also European Golden Boy of the Year. Coutinho scored some screamers too including a 27 yeard free kick against Man Utd in the last few minutes to win the game 4-3 at Anfield.
Simon Mignolet kept an impressive 15 clean sheets throughout the season and was awarded the Premier League Golden Gloves award. He finished the season only conceding 33 goals in 36 games.
Flanagan put hard work in all season in the right back role when selected and has since been chased by several teams such as Swansea, West Brom and Aston Villa. If he continues with his good form he will take over Glen Johnson in the regular starting line-up.
This was how I set up for the season and this was mainly my starting line-up..
Unfortunately, I exited the League Cup in the 3rd round against Spurs then got upset by Blackburn in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Hopefully next season I can progress further in these, especially the FA Cup
Objectives next season is..
- Progress the youngsters as much as possible such as Jerome Sinclair, Jordan Ibe, John Flanagan, Jordan Rossiter, Harry Wilson, Suso, Andre Wisdom, Sheyi Ojo etc.
- Reach at least the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League (small steps for now )
- The final of the F.A. Cup
- Retain the Premier League or at the least come runners-up.
- Build finances to eventually build new stadium.
This was one of my favourites of last season.. notes the 29 shotes and 61% possession
Elsewhere in the game..
- Everton finished 13th after sacking Martinez and hiring Martin Jol.
- Newcastle challenged for the Premier League all season then crumbled in April.
- Man City won the FA Cup and reached the final of the Champions League with Carlo Ancelotti, but lost 5-2 to Barcelona.
- Winners of their respective leagues are Bayern, Monaco, Barca, Benfica, Celtic, Ajax, Juventus.
- Most notable January transfers was Shaquiri to Chelsea, Vertonghen to City, Smalling to Spurs and Griezmann to Arsenal.
Just started the second season so I will post the changes to the club during the summer and so on in a bit!