Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

Not arguing whether you feel the ME is off or not, just wanted to mention this particular point.

If this is the case, how come we see lots of posts and threads asking for help to break down parked buses because the player can't get through the well organised, defensive, low block which the AI can employ?  The AI has exactly the same tools as we do.

I think it may be less intuitive and thus perhaps harder for some to set up a more passive vs aggressive defence, but if the AI can do it there is no reason why we can't too :thup:.

Is it possible they don't? Im asking rather than telling you tbh but AI player's tend to have that expectancy of what us the player considers good or bad to happen for example having aguero hit certain stats that would be very similar irl but when we try to better or hit the targets it would depend on how we would set up, tactics formations, every decision to the game etc. Do the AI players have roles? Because showing an attack duty in a role for the AI never seems to happen but they could absolutely run you ragged in the duty of a support but showing they were more attacking if you get what I mean? If what im saying is true it could answer that question meaning they can "breakthrough" regardless of the duty of the role but when us players do it we need to change supporting layers to attacking duties or roles more likely to breaking through. 

I'm referring this to Kevin de bruyne in particular as he's a "deep lying playmaker- support" which I assume the AI would automatically use that role in most games (tend to change from time to time I've seen) who hits alot of assists and in a particular set system. I've tried to replicate it for pogba who can certainly do that role but it's never "the same" with the same/similar system, formation and tactic. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, herne79 said:

If this is the case, how come we see lots of posts and threads asking for help to break down parked buses because the player can't get through the well organised, defensive, low block which the AI can employ?  The AI has exactly the same tools as we do.

Because few Players do it as extremely as the AI does -- and the below was off a release where Deep blocks weren't near as tight. ;) (Plus because of the misconception brought about by UI labels and text descriptions that one-hitting "contain/defensive" was akin to parking a bus).

Edited by Svenc

7 hours ago, herne79 said:

Not arguing whether you feel the ME is off or not, just wanted to mention this particular point.

I think it may be less intuitive and thus perhaps harder for some to set up a more passive vs aggressive defence, but if the AI can do it there is no reason why we can't too :thup:.

The problem I see here is that this doesn't really work out for either side. I'm not very good with tactics obviously, but I didn't really have a problem with scoring goals, in fact my complain would be there's too many of them overall. For example, playing with my local lower league club I'd like to try a low tempo and defensively tight approach, but midfielders are scoring long-shots for fun and I definitely noticed a bias towards these types of goals this year. I ran some holiday-mode tests aswell and when I setup a Defensive system I conceded a lot more goals (and ended-up with more high-scoring games overall, i.e. 2-4, 1-3) then with a highly intense Attacking system that ironically was winning games 1-0 or 2-0.

But then again it may just be me... I suppose IRL fans would be thrilled to have lower league games with that amount of goals / shots. I'm mostly aiming for that 1-0 win and it kind of frustrates me that I have a better chance of getting it by playing Attacking instead of Defensive.

8 hours ago, herne79 said:

usually such posts come with something like ''I'm having 40 shots but....'' and include ''blocked shots/srikers don't score/no movement/no creativity''.

too defensive AI is maybe step in the right direction in terms of improving efficiency of low block defending but it's implementation is weird. such teams can completely outpass best teams for example and at the same time have zero shots on goal.

Edited by Mitja

8 hours ago, Overmars said:

This does seem true. I think the ultimate fix FM could make here is to make it nearly impossible to execute an aggressive high press for 90 minutes. The hit to condition should probably be higher, and players with ordinary work rate and stamina should be pretty poor at executing it.

i'm not sure if the above is true for top league clubs. it is in long term like playing 90 min high press all the time during whole season with 2, 3 games per week but in one game it's not such a big difference.

low block defending needs to be improved in ME because it's less risky, easier to execute, offers much more compactness and usually comes with quick, direct counter attacking style which is again easier and safer style than controlling possession in opponent's half. these are football basics which need to be implemented better than they are currently. now it's a mess with these different styles, they do opposite to what they claim. like attacking styles being too direct and urgent and defensive too possessional. 

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

You realise interface design is more than just colour and has actually, barely changed in the last few versions including the one you like a lot?

Of course, the framework is the same (as it should). It's just that details make a world of difference and personally I don't like this year's style. I find it unnecessarily strident. Not just the default color, but also the angles  But then again, this is not a major deal-breaker as it can easily be circumvented with skins. Although that purple...

Disclaimer: not my screenshot, got it from Google to use an example.

img-1.png

img-2.png

From what I've seen through 9 seasons, defensive low block type tactics really don't work in this ME no matter how much AI clubs attempt to use them.  They will make the game uglier with tons of blocked shots and crosses, but they will give themselves no chance to win, and ultimately they will still concede goals through long shots, set pieces, and goalmouth ping-pong.  High pressing seems to be the winning strategy even for underdogs.

I cant wait for future FMs where pressing and marking is improved

we need an easier way to choose what type of marking or pressing we want, lets improve the tactical UI for Marking and Pressing 

easier way to implement types of marking (e.g. man marking the whole team, or only strikers & midfielders)

and types of  pressing (e.g. positional pressing)

it will help the A.I and the user

Edited by kingking

18 hours ago, herne79 said:

I think most of those threads are evidence of people being easily frustrated by not being able to batter minnows every single time rather than parked buses (or even mid/low blocks) actually consistently performing well in the ME (especially not relative to the high press, even with sides that on paper aren't built for pressing). That said, I'm not going to pretend I know how to fix it  (especially since I also think FM19's improved positional awareness of defenders playing a high line against faster opponents is a big improvement, think pressing triggers are naive and overcommit and think technically limited players are too good at playing out the back)

I think defending in FM19 is better, but it's also better still the further away from goal you do it...

After playing 200 hours on this FM,I think it's time for the feedback.

Don't know what they did, and why they did, but this is one of the most disappointing interactions I played.

Pros:
Training: Great feature. Helped a lot my planning on the next game, all those options were a great addition to the game.
Game itself: I felt the game was smoother than last interactions,so a pro for me.
Tactic: I liked the addition of new instructions, and the tactic styles helped some of my friend into the game.

Cons:
The ME: Don't know where it went wrong from the beta, but the match engine is feeling very arcade. Any defensive style that I tried was so ineffective compared to high intensity football. Sometimes I was just trying to populate around my box, so would be harder for the other team to attack the space (because I was not giving this space), but for some reason, my players decided they needed to abandon their position to press someone, even when I said to not do it, they do it anyways. Not only this, but is so easy to win in this game, just gengenpress everything and you win 80% of the games easily. My problem with this ME (and all the others before it) is that it doesn't ressembles modern football at all.

This is my 2 cents about it.

Edited by masno

For what it's worth, with my current side I'm playing low block counter attacking Leicester league winning stuff, and I'm winning 1-0, 2-0 even in the cups against much bigger and better teams. I'm 12th of 12 for average possession, lowest on goals conceded, and 2nd in the league (the two league games I've lost so far this season, about 10 games in I think, have been 3-2 epics where everything goes to ****, particularly if I've tried to rotate and rest a few). My main striker, a Poacher in a 442, is - this season- 9 in 10. Last season same poacher and his sub were both better than 1 in 2 - I just went all Emery and refused point blank to play them both together. Personally, particularly at the lower levels (vanilla) I start at I find that kind of tactic perfectly achievable when the right players are on board. 2nd season, with a good bit of recruitment - sadly no intake because I don't have that yet - and everybody is playing almost exactly how I've been wanting them to do since day one. 

7 hours ago, gavinski33 said:

For what it's worth, with my current side I'm playing low block counter attacking Leicester league winning stuff, and I'm winning 1-0, 2-0 even in the cups against much bigger and better teams. I'm 12th of 12 for average possession, lowest on goals conceded, and 2nd in the league (the two league games I've lost so far this season, about 10 games in I think, have been 3-2 epics where everything goes to ****, particularly if I've tried to rotate and rest a few). My main striker, a Poacher in a 442, is - this season- 9 in 10. Last season same poacher and his sub were both better than 1 in 2 - I just went all Emery and refused point blank to play them both together. Personally, particularly at the lower levels (vanilla) I start at I find that kind of tactic perfectly achievable when the right players are on board. 2nd season, with a good bit of recruitment - sadly no intake because I don't have that yet - and everybody is playing almost exactly how I've been wanting them to do since day one. 

I know this probably isn't the right place to elaborate on tactical aspects, but what you say there is largely what I'm looking for. Do you mind maybe sharing a few words / screens of your tactics (in the tactical thread if need be) ? I'm still thinking of giving it another go with my local club and I'm back to drawing board again...

54 минуты назад, Jebedaias сказал:

I know this probably isn't the right place to elaborate on tactical aspects, but what you say there is largely what I'm looking for. Do you mind maybe sharing a few words / screens of your tactics (in the tactical thread if need be) ? I'm still thinking of giving it another go with my local club and I'm back to drawing board again...

I'm not a moderator, but please solve your problems in the PM or on the tactic sub-forum, I dont want to receive off-topic alerts there.

Hope for understanding, many thanks in advance

Also I can confirm that I have a lot of wins 1-0 2-0 and draws 0-0, 1-1 by playing for underdog team and strong defence one of the best features of FM19 IMO. 

Edited by Novem9

If I’m getting banned for this honestly I’ve got no regrets.

- goals from freekicks and corners happen every game.

- my players need 5-6 good chances to score, the AI will score from one or two good chance.

- unfair transfers. If me and the AI have the same player in the same circumstances, I’m lucky to get more than 5m + his transfer value. The AI will ask for ridiculous money and will not settle for a respectable fee.

6 minutes ago, Armistice said:

- goals from freekicks and corners happen every game.

They really don't, otherwise there wouldn't be any 0-0s, would there? :D

6 minutes ago, Armistice said:

- my players need 5-6 good chances to score, the AI will score from one or two good chance.

As has been said countless times, the ME doesn't differentiate between human-managed teams and AI-managed teams. The AI has exactly the same tools as you do, so if your players are constantly wasting chances while the opposition are converting theirs, then you are likely doing something very wrong.

9 minutes ago, Armistice said:

- unfair transfers. If me and the AI have the same player in the same circumstances, I’m lucky to get more than 5m + his transfer value. The AI will ask for ridiculous money and will not settle for a respectable fee.

Are you going for mostly young players who aren't transfer-listed by any chance? If an AI club values a player very highly (especially a young prospect), then they may 'ask' for 'ridiculous money' as a means of saying "he's not for sale; now clear off".

As for your other complaint, it is perfectly possible to sell a player for much higher than their value. To give just one example, I once got €64million for a striker who was valued at only €18million, partly by playing two rich PL clubs off against each other in negotiations.

2 hours ago, Armistice said:

No reason to ban. But there is an actual belief this was coded into the game, which probably  is one the reason the game won't ever see too much improved AI. And it already has an Edge over Players to a degree… Only masochists or addicted would Keep coming back to a game that they perceive as inherently unfair. The majority would rather pass. I've personally developed a Beef against that "unfair" stance, as it distracts from AI issues that Impact the Performance of AI in a negative way -- evidently so. 

Actually, a load of AI improvements historically came from within FM's community… and in some Areas, to me it has regressed in some parts. If you drop Points against defensive opponents, Long-term a comparably high profile AI Drops more. Just go take a check. You'll see. A balance probably Needs to be struck between tactics and Player ability in future editioins either way. On some Prior Releases to me the AI seemed more competitive for as Long as it still had top playeres, as those top Players (Dribblers in particular) tended to carve open space by the simply virtue of fielding them somewhere. E.g. they had no bigger Problems scoring consistently near as much as in the past couple Releases.

Nor had Players. :P 

Edited by Svenc

11 hours ago, CFuller said:

They really don't, otherwise there wouldn't be any 0-0s, would there? :D

There really aren't lots of 0-0s in my save. Teams tend to score at least a corner or an indirect free kick. Haven't seen many direct free kicks so hopefully I won't.

As has been said countless times, the ME doesn't differentiate between human-managed teams and AI-managed teams. The AI has exactly the same tools as you do, so if your players are constantly wasting chances while the opposition are converting theirs, then you are likely doing something very wrong.

Ok but maybe you're willing to suggest what I am doing very wrong?

Are you going for mostly young players who aren't transfer-listed by any chance? If an AI club values a player very highly (especially a young prospect), then they may 'ask' for 'ridiculous money' as a means of saying "he's not for sale; now clear off".

Not always, I can understand why the AI wouldn't accept to sell a good young prospect though. But it happens in most of the cases, no matter what player I wish to buy.

13 horas atrás, Armistice disse:

I have this problem since FM16,remember when I tried to buy a player and the AI did everything to make him way more expensive,after 2 weeks trying to fins a acessible price for said player,other team appears with 30% less money that I offered,and they straight accept. Happened at least one time since 16.

2 hours ago, kingking said:

The default template Gegenpressing 4-3-3 formation is incorrect, this is a problem for the A.I if they use this.

the ST should be a defensive pressing froward, someone that drops back, holds the ball and waits for the inside fowards to come in.

and maybe there should be 1 CM that should be on attack 

4-3-3.thumb.png.a5a6bb851356a9f5e9072f0bfc44d19b.png

It looks little odd, there's zero variation there and contrary to previous editions logics there should be one support duty there in attack preferably. Can't really think of any striker with attack duty irl, they're all liking players in 433. Agree about midfield setup too even though there are teams using similar style. It would be awesome if AI managers would become more flexible in use of different midfield setups in 433, with DM or three MCs.

3 hours ago, kingking said:

The default template Gegenpressing 4-3-3 formation is incorrect, this is a problem for the A.I if they use this.

47 minutes ago, Mitja said:

It looks little odd, there's zero variation there and contrary to previous editions logics there should be one support duty there in attack preferably. Can't really think of any striker with attack duty irl, they're all liking players in 433. Agree about midfield setup too even though there are teams using similar style. It would be awesome if AI managers would become more flexible in use of different midfield setups in 433, with DM or three MCs.

AI managers use default tactics less than you may think.  They're also pretty adept at changing tactical settings (roles, duties, TIs, Mentality etc) between or during matches.  By no means perfect of course ;).

50 minutes ago, herne79 said:

AI managers use default tactics less than you may think.  They're also pretty adept at changing tactical settings (roles, duties, TIs, Mentality etc) between or during matches.  By no means perfect of course 

Thats good to know but I've never seen AI using support duty in gegenpress. I quit playing long time ago, before the latest patch though. Enjoying 17 more than I thought I would. 

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

Thats good to know but I've never seen AI using support duty in gegenpress. I quit playing long time ago, before the latest patch though. Enjoying 17 more than I thought I would. 

Really? I've always noticed no matter what role they always play with the support duty except the striker in every formation. 

8 hours ago, Armistice said:

Ok but maybe you're willing to suggest what I am doing very wrong?

You're Looking at it from a biased perspective, unless you are doing something horribly "wrong". Your benchmark is how AI Managers cope against the same kinda opponents… and honestly, it has never, ever ever taken any visit to the tactical Forums to be at least onpar whatsoever (I've turned to mostly avoiding that place, as anything else posted there in tendency a) runs rings around the AI (even if you don't realize) or b) gives just another Bonus over the AI; whilst actual Football and Football Management is a contest of fine margins; rather than significant edges over anybody. 

Whilst the AI doesn't employ a tactic, but rather changes Things throughout the Course of the game -- some of ist stuff would be ripped to shreds if posted in the tactical Sub sections. :P 

Edited by Svenc

Playing FMT but you hardly hear a peep in that forum so as it's the ME I am asking about (same ME for both) I thought I would post this here.  Decided to have a try at FM19 after bypassing 18 due to enjoying 17 so much and I must say after a two year break I am quite disappointed and find in all departments I have so far seen FM17 seems far superior.   Without trawling through 88 pages are strikers not scoring, bizarre unrealistic swerve and bend on the ball on many shots and passes and repetitive shots hitting posts and crossbar an issue in this version?  If not the games I've played so far must have been played in a hurricane!!!  :)

Edited by Sussex Hammer

40 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

It's not just you. Like you, I bypassed FM18 too, played FM17 for much longer than I normally do with any year's version.

Strikers struggle to do well in FM19. They do score but nowhere near as much as they should. Most of the time they just stand there and do nothing and a lot of the crosses from wingers are aimed at the winger on the opposite side, completely bypassing the strikers.
The swerve and bend is also unrealistic, too pronounced. I think shots hitting the woodwork has been an issue for a while, I don't think this year's game is any worse than it has been for a while, and it's happened too much for years now.

If you've not experienced this yet, it's a delight...
Crosses and shots are smashed against defenders, one-on-ones hit straight at the GK most of the time. It's like there's no awareness of players around them.
Ping pong in the area until the ball ricochets back out to someone about 30yds from goal and then they will bend it in from there, often straight through the GK. That's the same GK who your striker couldn't beat when clean through on goal.
The awareness issue is there for all players too. You'll see defenders trying to head away long balls too often even with no threat around them. The problem is that they head the ball straight back to the opposition 20yds in front of them rather than sideways to a teammate or out for a throw. It just looks awful.
You'll probably find that the majority of your goals will be scored from, in no particular order: set pieces, 30yd belters, crosses to unmarked players at the far post, 30yd weird looking bending shots which aren't great but beat the GK anyway, and long balls over the top. If you have a winger who likes to cut inside onto his stronger foot and a decent box-to-box midfielder, they are likely to score the majority of your goals. I manage Cardiff and have just finished the 1st season. Josh Murphy (LW with a strong right foot) was my top scorer in the league with 19 goals. Harry Arter managed 11 from CM and would probably have been more if he wasn't suspended so often; he does like a tackle, bless him. Most of Murphy's goals - cut inside and hit one from outside the box. Most of Arter's - ping pong scenario described above or from set pieces that were aimlessly headed out by defenders straight to him :onmehead:

Not just me then!!!  I've just played a couple more games and I was going to say it resembles a ping pong machine.  Dreadful on the eyes.  Normal ME tempo is okish until something happens and I go cross eyed trying to see what's happened but slow the ME tempo and it's like watching The Six Million Dollar Man running in slow motion, maybe that's why so much judder in the ME graphics it just can't keep up with the ball!!  The juddering graphics is terrible and ME colours are very strange, it's all very dark like the sun doesn't exist.  I had the juddering ME in FM17 and kind of sorted it out rolling back to an earlier Nvidia driver but nothings working with this game and yet COD purrs perfectly on my machine  FM17's speed was perfect.  In the games I've just played I have had shots straight at the keeper who saved and the ball went out for a throw in at 100 miles an hour, I mean how many saves go for a throw in IRL?!  Passes, shots, clearances are like my wildest slices or hooks on the golf course in a howling gale!  As you also say I think players brains have been taken out, it's really strange but it doesn't resemble football at all.

FM17 IMO was so close.  I've played it for two years and loved every minute and the only thing that made me get 19 was that there is no editor in FMT17 or a transfer database too load or I would have done that.  Might well go back to it and just start a new game because as far as I can tell March, April time is the last patch so I guess it won't get any better.  I've played FM since the CM days and certainly ME and gameplay wise I think this is the worst I have seen, such a shame.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I quite like the highlights packages you get from scouted players but not sure it's working properly.
I have a number of kids away with the Wales U20 side and they won their first group game of some French Invitational thing 7-2.

For some of these players, a highlights package wasn't available and I can understand that for my GK and a couple of others who didn't really do anything.
But I don't really get why I could see a highlights package for one striker who scored one goal but there weren't any highlights of my other striker who scored a hattrick and assisted another goal ??

20190419000807_1.thumb.jpg.10033bd47c679af65aad770171749fa7.jpg20190419000813_1.thumb.jpg.129029d2d8cc2cd67e94a8c7b4f8b589.jpg20190419000829_1.thumb.jpg.b0bfe239847753da2429d1df0f4e21c7.jpg

That doesn't seem right, does it?

The match engine causes far too many frustrations in general... (a great deal of which have been talked about in detail over the past 88 pages)

• In-match shouts don't work for the first 14 minutes. In previous version (I believe) this was only 10 minutes but inexplicably has been increased for FM19. Why?
  • Throw-in glitch where the striker ALWAYS comes short and the taker ALWAYS throws to the striker not being fixed
  • Corner glitch where the striker never challenges the keeper not fixed
  • Crossing behaviour, where the player seems to intentionally run as close to his marker before crossing and then stand still for 2 seconds, not fixed. Seemingly no regard for whether there's even a player in a position near enough to run onto the cross either as the player is all too happy to send a cross into a box only containing the opposition defenders. Crosses are overhit past the far post far too often
  • Pressing doesn't work properly; you can't cut off passing lanes and two or three players will stand right on top of their teammates' shoes, all trying to close down the opposition player with the ball meaning there are several easy options, completely unmarked, for the opponent to pass to.
  • Can't instruct wingers to press more, their limit is still 'less urgent' on balanced mentality; when using higher pressing intensity the "slider" for individual pressing intensity doesn't have enough options
  • 'Take short kicks' instruction for goalkeeper doesn't work nearly as much as it should as he'll continue to hoof it up the pitch
  • No instruction to tell players not to clear the ball upfield as much and instead try to play their out of pressure
  • Cross-pitch switching of play going out of play, with the intended target slow to react, making what seems to me to be not enough effort to get on the end of the pass and sitting too narrow, ending every time with the same animation of clapping his hands above his head (gets on your nerves eventually after seeing it so often in every match). The same thing happens when a midfielder in the half-space tries to pass to the near-side winger; the winger too often just stands still as if he's daydreaming.
  • When playing with inside forwards, full-backs make attacking runs into the middle of the pitch instead of down the flank. Wingers cut inside too much and inside forwards perhaps not enough. Wingers are too inflexible (not enough control on how wide they play) and even on wider attacking width, with a full-back set to cut inside with the ball and look for underlap, the full-back will stay wide and the winger in the half-space.
  • Can't instruct players to stop making pointless headers that lose possession when they have the time and space to control the ball with their feet. Happens a lot when intercepting a through ball or heading an overhit switch of play to stop it going out for a throw-in
  • No option to move the centre-backs towards the middle of the pitch for goal kicks rather than their current position on the flanks
  • Players nearby to loose/second balls are hardly ever interested in trying to get to it, all too happy to let it run out of play or for an opponent to go after it. If a player manages to get to an overhit through ball on the touchline or sideline, they'll just stand there for a second before doing anything, making it easy for a nearby opponent to take possession of the ball. Standing still for a second for no apparent reason will also happen if the player is dispossessed, as if they have extremely slow reaction times.
  • Come short instructions for throw-ins don't seem to work, at least for me (despite telling the taker to take short throws and two players to come short). AI has no problems doing so.

All this makes for an unenjoyable experience, which is a shame as outside of the ME there are a lot of improvements over the previous two iterations.

Oh, and also the ref walking at a snails pace to give a card to/lecture a player. Even when it's not a highlight it takes 10+ seconds longer than it needs to as it will just play in realtime in the background rather than be skipped. PLEASE can this be changed for FM20?

Yet more terrible man management.  Every season the same 2 players throw a fit and stage a locker room revolt because I don't put them on the Champions League squad.  They're not "first team", I never promise them I'm going to include them, and yet they are furious every single time.  Yet somehow their unhappiness always runs out just in time for them to sign a new contract, only for them to throw another fit.  It's so unbelievably tiresome.

Edited by jujigatame

5 минут назад, jujigatame сказал:

Yet more terrible man management.  Every season the same 2 players throw a fit and stage a locker room revolt because I don't put them on the Champions League squad.  They're not "first team", I never promise them I'm going to include them, and yet they are furious every single time.  Yet somehow their unhappiness always runs out just in time for them to sign a new contract, only for them to throw another fit.  It's so unbelievably tiresome.

Sounds awful. But its strange for me because I never saw the same. Players few times asked for new contract after I denied transfer from other clubs where they could better wage and actually it had a sense to ask better salary.

Also possible you are GREEDY manager? :lol: You dont want to spent a lot of money for wages and players try to win every coin ASAP :D

25 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

Then why do you keep them?

On 17/04/2019 at 02:43, kingking said:

the ST should be a defensive pressing froward, someone that drops back, holds the ball and waits for the inside fowards to come in.

and maybe there should be 1 CM that should be on attack 

4-3-3.thumb.png.a5a6bb851356a9f5e9072f0bfc44d19b.png

Some of the best mastermind in tactics vetted those roles and you want to know a secret, i play the exact same way in the beta and only lost 3 matches all season.  There is on law that states that you need a support duty player its all the other roles and instructions. Stop looking at things in isolation but look as a big picture 

33 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

Exactly. If there's a player in my squad who's consistently moaning, they won't be in my squad for very long. Throw out the rotten apples before they rot the whole barrel.

Earlier in the thread, I moaned about scouts continuously recommending players to me that we couldn't sign, a lot of them because of work permit issues, so why were they still saying I should sign the player 'whatever the price'?
Turns out there's some issue here.

20190419174718_1.thumb.jpg.68c645f08e1f60e06c0437d1ce2625fd.jpg

As you can see, the recommendation to sign Gagliardini 'whatever the price' also came with a warning that we probably wouldn't get a work permit for him, even after appeal due to Brexit. Well, we signed him and he was granted a work permit straight away without the need for an appeal so was the 'no permit' warning a bug? Either that or it's due to my scout's ineptness, not being able to tell if the player would get a permit or not. I'd like to think it's the latter but have had so many scout reports for players from a whole host of different scouts, both great and not so great, with plenty of 'no permit' warnings that I think it's a bug.

For the record, the conditions imposed in my save after Brexit:

1915649078_Brexitrules.thumb.jpg.f4b1b79ea5df7fa75bc5c6407a84069d.jpg

Bug or no bug?

Edited by Earnie is God!

17 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Would you like to provide some actual feedback?

What you would hear? About Gk? About BPD? About crap ME which worst Fm17? What CFuller?

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

What you would hear? About Gk? About BPD? About crap ME which worst Fm17? What CFuller?

What are your issues? You haven't posted a single thing in the bugs section, so if you have issues with the game how could SI fix them? If you have issues with goalkeepers, then why haven't you posted about it? If you have issues with BDP's, then why haven't you posted about it? If you have issues with anything in the ME, why haven't you posted about it? How do you expect them to fix anything if you don't let them know?

35 minutes ago, XaW said:

What are your issues? You haven't posted a single thing in the bugs section, so if you have issues with the game how could SI fix them? If you have issues with goalkeepers, then why haven't you posted about it? If you have issues with BDP's, then why haven't you posted about it? If you have issues with anything in the ME, why haven't you posted about it? How do you expect them to fix anything if you don't let them know?

None of which would make FM19 any better because they are not not going to fix anything on this version now

11 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

None of which would make FM19 any better because they are not not going to fix anything on this version now

All of which would still be useful for FM20 and beyond. Feedback doesn't have to be restricted to the current version

This is a constructive feedback thread. People don't have to post here, but if they are going to it needs to be constructive. It's really that simple and anything else simply just sidetracks the thread. The amount of sidetracking is tiresome, people complain that devs don't pop in as much, but why would they at this rate?

Let's keep the posts constructive and on point or they'll start getting removed. People should know better by now

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

All of which would still be useful for FM20 and beyond. Feedback doesn't have to be restricted to the current version

This is a constructive feedback thread. People don't have to post here, but if they are going to it needs to be constructive. It's really that simple and anything else simply just sidetracks the thread. The amount of sidetracking is tiresome, people complain that devs don't pop in as much, but why would they at this rate?

Let's keep the posts constructive and on point or they'll start getting removed. People should know better by now

The point was that XaW asked why Cadoni didn't post his issues in the bug section for FM19 rather than returning to FM17, as I said this would not have solved Cadoni's issues with FM19

9 hours ago, XaW said:

Because I foolishly think FM will follow some semi-reasonable logic, by which if a player is told "sorry you weren't registered but that's just the way it is due to registration rules" and then calms down and is no longer unhappy and signs a new contract, he won't be absolutely furious if he's not registered again after the next transfer window.

7 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

The point was that XaW asked why Cadoni didn't post his issues in the bug section for FM19 rather than returning to FM17, as I said this would not have solved Cadoni's issues with FM19

Of course, but it would help make future games better, and isn't that something everyone wants? I really like the game, but I can also see there are some flaws and bugs here and there. I would like them to be fixed for either future patches to the game I'm playing, else I would like them fixed in the next version at least. If he took the time to post about his issues in this thread, then why not post a bug report? It doesn't take much more time or effort?

6 hours ago, jujigatame said:

Because I foolishly think FM will follow some semi-reasonable logic, by which if a player is told "sorry you weren't registered but that's just the way it is due to registration rules" and then calms down and is no longer unhappy and signs a new contract, he won't be absolutely furious if he's not registered again after the next transfer window.

Well, I think this could be explained by the player accepting your apology, but then expects to be in the squad the next season. While you think he has accepted his role in the squad, he expects to be included in the future.

However, it might also be a bug or something that could be clearer for the user, so you should report it so SI can take a look and see if there are improvement that can be done for situations like these in future versions.

When I asked why you kept them, I meant why do you keep a player in your squad when you clearly feel he is not a good enough player for you? If he were good enough, you would have included him in the CL squad, right? The only situation I can see that this would fit in, were an older tutor type player who are more a part of the coaching staff than player. Otherwise, I would get rid of him and rather have a youngster for backup, and if he is young enough, he doesn't need to be included in the CL squad to be eligible.