Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

- a big variety of goals come from long shots, set pieces and crosses to the far post.

- Barcelona, probably the best possession side in the world, average just around 50% possession in my save in 26 games, wtf? Celta Vigo had 60% possession v them in the last game.

- in 26 games, the top 3 clubs scored 40, 42, respectively 35 goals. That’s 1.6 goals/game for the most attacking team. Incredibly low for a **** league like La Liga where the gap between top 3 and the rest is huge.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are background mechanics that make this happen, but its annoying as $#W%.

Have two wonderkid strikers. I'm managing in Brazil and literally anyone on my squad is sellable, but I just ask for reasonable value. Napoli has wanted the one striker for much of the summer window. They make an offer at exact same time at Leverkusen, for the EXACT same value (hate that happening). They both offer 12m for a 13m rated (yes I know the player's value is relatively, but still) 19 year old who has several years to run on his contract and a 39m release fee. Napoli won't budge and walk on my attempted negotiation. Leverkusen negotiate up to 33m but the player refuses the contract. He's upset that I didn't accept the Napoli bid since they are in the CL.... My captain was able to settle him. 

Then Napoli bids for the other striker. This one is 20 years old, has been more productive, has 4 years left on his contract which also has a 40m buyout. The offer 14m. Several million below his "value". Again, they won't budge. I try to negotiate and they walk away. 25m and I'd be happy. Maybe even 20m. But well below his value.... that feels like they are trying to scam us. 

Maybe Napoli is on a limited budget? Nope, 49m available. 

Then they pay the 21m release clause for another striker in the same league - an 18 yo wonderkid who has been less productive (basically half as many goals as the 20 year old). 

So why won't you negotiate with us and pay a bit more? 

And of course, the 20 year old player is extremely upset that I wouldn't take a below-market bid for him. 

Edit - and just had another Brazilian club bid for a 17 year old defender. He wants to join them because they play in the Copa Libertadores. Which they don't - they lost out in the qualifiers. But we do. And won it last year. Might win it again. Very rationale reason he would want to leave us for them. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

2 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

They both offer 12m for a 13m rated (yes I know the player's value is relatively, but still) 19 year old who has several years to run on his contract and a 39m release fee. Napoli won't budge and walk on my attempted negotiation. Leverkusen negotiate up to 33m but the player refuses the contract. He's upset that I didn't accept the Napoli bid since they are in the CL.... My captain was able to settle him. 

Here I always tell the player I won't sell them for less than their release clause. It seems they will more often than not accept that.

4 часа назад, Bigpapa42 сказал:

I'm sure there are background mechanics that make this happen, but its annoying as $#W%.

Have two wonderkid strikers. I'm managing in Brazil and literally anyone on my squad is sellable, but I just ask for reasonable value. Napoli has wanted the one striker for much of the summer window. They make an offer at exact same time at Leverkusen, for the EXACT same value (hate that happening). They both offer 12m for a 13m rated (yes I know the player's value is relatively, but still) 19 year old who has several years to run on his contract and a 39m release fee. Napoli won't budge and walk on my attempted negotiation. Leverkusen negotiate up to 33m but the player refuses the contract. He's upset that I didn't accept the Napoli bid since they are in the CL.... My captain was able to settle him. 

Then Napoli bids for the other striker. This one is 20 years old, has been more productive, has 4 years left on his contract which also has a 40m buyout. The offer 14m. Several million below his "value". Again, they won't budge. I try to negotiate and they walk away. 25m and I'd be happy. Maybe even 20m. But well below his value.... that feels like they are trying to scam us. 

Maybe Napoli is on a limited budget? Nope, 49m available. 

Then they pay the 21m release clause for another striker in the same league - an 18 yo wonderkid who has been less productive (basically half as many goals as the 20 year old). 

So why won't you negotiate with us and pay a bit more? 

And of course, the 20 year old player is extremely upset that I wouldn't take a below-market bid for him. 

Edit - and just had another Brazilian club bid for a 17 year old defender. He wants to join them because they play in the Copa Libertadores. Which they don't - they lost out in the qualifiers. But we do. And won it last year. Might win it again. Very rationale reason he would want to leave us for them. 

Transfer values are different for every country. I found this settings in Editor some years ago and guess its still there.
As we know Arthur moved to Barcelona from Gremio for 31+9 mln. As we can see in Transfermarkt Arthur's price was 6 mln euro in 30 of October 2017 (in age 21). It rised for 14 and 30 mln just in few months. So as a variant you can hold a player for 21-22 years until he increases attributes. Topclubs bought young players (16-19) because older (20-23) they are more expensive because no risks about PA. So I guess its not a critical issue there. More critical if Bayer and Napoli spamed you the same value offers every day. 

Concerning transfers in different countries. I played for Benfica in FM17 and Sporting in FM18 and it were a !@#$%^ sell-out. I sold a lot of good players for low price just because its Portuguese league. Only some players in age 25-28 like W. Carvalho sold in 40-60+ mln euro to PSG, usually younger players for lower price. Only one 22 years old striker sold to Bayern by 81 mln euro and because it was his release fee. And this striker was a good. In different country I can sell the same players in 1,5-2+ times more expensive.

Please share attributes of players? Interesting to check them

16 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Scout: I am getting recommendations for players higher than 25 years old and outside from UK (like Australia). I have told all my scouts to scout inside UK only and players with age between 15 - 25.

Does anyone know how to stop receiving emails with that sort of players (higher than 25 and outside from UK)?

No, similar here. As I mentioned in an earlier post, most of the players my scouts are recommending to me are ones we can't even sign, and a lot of those are because the players would not be able to gain a work permit, even after appeal. My scouts are mainly English but also one from Spain, France, Holland and Portugal (I think, either way just main countries in Europe) and I double checked their assignments and they are supposedly only being sent to the main leagues in Europe. Yet I'm getting so many 'no chance of work permit' players who are playing in South America. I just don't get it.

8 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

No, similar here. As I mentioned in an earlier post, most of the players my scouts are recommending to me are ones we can't even sign, and a lot of those are because the players would not be able to gain a work permit, even after appeal. My scouts are mainly English but also one from Spain, France, Holland and Portugal (I think, either way just main countries in Europe) and I double checked their assignments and they are supposedly only being sent to the main leagues in Europe. Yet I'm getting so many 'no chance of work permit' players who are playing in South America. I just don't get it.

& @Cadoni

Are the scouts recommending the player or is this either the player or agent coming to you? There's a big difference between those 2 things and it's important to distinguish between them.

I've a problem with Junior Coaching, it dropped in one season from exceptional to minimal and I can ask the board only to decrease junior coaching budget.

The clubs worldwide reputation is superb, finances show rich and youth recruitment is extensive. Facilties for training, data analysis and youth are state of the art.

So why has junior coaching dropped so low and when can I ask the board to increase junior coaching budget again?

1 час назад, RandomGuy. сказал:

Hamilton of Scotland now set up under the AI with a narrow 4-3-3.

Hamilton of Scotland are one of the worst teams in the country.

I'm in December and Hamilton of Scotland are sitting top of the league.

Be like Hamilton of Scotland

10 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

& @Cadoni

Are the scouts recommending the player or is this either the player or agent coming to you? There's a big difference between those 2 things and it's important to distinguish between them.

From scouts reports. Or manager reports has the same GUI as scout reports?

1 час назад, RandomGuy. сказал:

Hamilton of Scotland now set up under the AI with a narrow 4-3-3.

Hamilton of Scotland are one of the worst teams in the country.

I'm in December and Hamilton of Scotland are sitting top of the league.

If seriously when I see AI team with extra results like Atalanta plays in ChL it's usually attack mentality as basic for AI manager or 433 narrow

54 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Be like Hamilton of Scotland

I'd rather not glitch my way to victory tbh.

It's dreadful and has ruined a potential save I wanted in Scottish football. They beat Celtic 3-0 at Parkhead to go clear at the top.

They didn't even sign anyone in the Summer.

Saves been deleted as it's just a farce, dont think I'll bother with that league again this year.

17 hours ago, XaW said:

Here I always tell the player I won't sell them for less than their release clause. It seems they will more often than not accept that.

Good thought. Didn't work in this case. 

15 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Transfer values are different for every country. I found this settings in Editor some years ago and guess its still there.
As we know Arthur moved to Barcelona from Gremio for 31+9 mln. As we can see in Transfermarkt Arthur's price was 6 mln euro in 30 of October 2017 (in age 21). It rised for 14 and 30 mln just in few months. So as a variant you can hold a player for 21-22 years until he increases attributes. Topclubs bought young players (16-19) because older (20-23) they are more expensive because no risks about PA. So I guess its not a critical issue there. More critical if Bayer and Napoli spamed you the same value offers every day. 

Concerning transfers in different countries. I played for Benfica in FM17 and Sporting in FM18 and it were a !@#$%^ sell-out. I sold a lot of good players for low price just because its Portuguese league. Only some players in age 25-28 like W. Carvalho sold in 40-60+ mln euro to PSG, usually younger players for lower price. Only one 22 years old striker sold to Bayern by 81 mln euro and because it was his release fee. And this striker was a good. In different country I can sell the same players in 1,5-2+ times more expensive.

Please share attributes of players? Interesting to check them

The player they did buy was from Santos, so another Brazilian club, with a lower reputation than we have. 

Just frustrating that they were not willing to pay more than something like 70% for my player, but stumped up almost 200% of the value for the other one. 

Player - higher value, almost the same bid. Now unhappy

Spqy5JM.jpg

Player 2 - first bid

CiBg7Tv.jpg?1

Player 3 - who they did buy
4tLsSjK.jpg

8 hours ago, Cadoni said:

From scouts reports. Or manager reports has the same GUI as scout reports?

In the scouting centre you can see whether it's a scout report or whether it's someone approaching you or a recommendation from someone on staff.

5 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Good thought. Didn't work in this case. 

Yeah, it's not a sure thing, but it's the one I've had the most success with. But I tend to be quite strict with my players and I don't care if they are sulking. I'm more and more sure that the players react to how you have treated other players throughout your career. I'm consequent in my actions and always tell players why I do stuff and try to keep my promises and after being manager of the club for a couple of years I always get the "Agn" on most of my players when one is unhappy.

"Agn" means that the player is "Against" the unhappy player and supports my decision. Since most players get this, I very rarely need to have squad meetings to resolve issues. The last time I had a squad meeting because a player weren't allowed to leave it contained 4 players...

I can't say for sure, but being fair and honest with the players are the way to go. If they are unlikely to feature in the first team I'll tell them when they ask why they aren't playing. And then I allow them to leave (on loan if they are talented). I do allow good players to leave to bigger clubs, but only when I get what I deem a "fair" fee. If I don't get it, they can sulk for a while, and when they get over it, which they do for the most part, they go back into the team and all is forgiven and forgot.

7 hours ago, jc1 said:

What you end up with is pass, shoot and rebound, collect the ball and pass shoot, rebound, then repeat about 40 times per game so your stats will look like 44 shots with 11 on target, it just bores the life out of me. 

Yeah, it is bad, definitely. Usually, in the second half of the season when my team has "gelled" it improves and my play is more fluid and decisive. However, if you have new players or your team is rusty after the off-season, some games are literally unwatchable because your players turn into apes who just shoot the ball straight at the defender all the time. In a number of games against a weaker team I had more than 50 shots. That is more than one shot per two minutes of play time.  I regularly see more than 10 blocked shots in a game. Couple that with the obligatory woodwork which I often hit multiple times in a game, sometimes even 4 and 5 times and you are in for a circus.

I believe that one of the issues could be ball physics. The ping-pong effect you describe is a result of this. The way the ball deflects is unnatural which frequently results in the ball deflecting multiple times to the same player who keeps shooting it again and again. So the same player might have up to three shots blocked in a space of a few second because of it.

21 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

& @Cadoni

Definitely the scouts. I get a boatload of them in batches, one after the other. A lot are players in South America where none of my scouts have been sent to. Others are top recommendations after recent scouting missions, again players either in places my scouts have not (supposedly) been or players who we'd not be able to sign, mainly due to failed work permits, even after appeals. The latter frustrates me because there is no point in recommending me players we have no chance of signing unless we buy and then loan out to get that work permit, although with brexit happening in-game in a few months or so this might end up being a regular thing.
But the former shouldn't be happening at all.

I give up, going to report it to the bug forum, though it probably won't be fixed anytime soon since noone notices

The team don't listen to simple instructions of which side to attack,

I Tell them to attack on the left wing.. they don't listen and they mostly attack on the right wing

In real life teams are capable of listening to simple instructions such as which side to attack on and which man to mark.

The ME will never be fixed tbh. there are to many bugs

I'm Man City.

image.png.eebd4944fc0b9f46c2c7c898cf4a6f3b.pngimage.png.61cae99f29ce16a6e2c42ce4c897a197.png

Edited by kingking

12 minutes ago, kingking said:

I give up

I Tell them to attack on the right wing.. they don't listen and they mostly attack on the left wing

In real life teams are capable of listening to simple instructions such as which side to attack on and which man to mark.

The ME will never be fixed tbh. the bugs are to many.

This doesn't sound like a bug at all, but rather in how you set up. What did you choose? "Exploit Right Flank"? Whether it does get exploited depends on how you actually set up, tactically. Your roles, duties etc will all still determine how well that flank is set up and whether you're actually dangerous when attacking down that flank. Or maybe they do try and exploit that flank, but there's no space etc, so you don't see very many highlights of them attacking there?

Either way, that's where the tactics forum can certainly help. :thup:

23 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This doesn't sound like a bug at all, but rather in how you set up. What did you choose? "Exploit Right Flank"? Whether it does get exploited depends on how you actually set up, tactically. Your roles, duties etc will all still determine how well that flank is set up and whether you're actually dangerous when attacking down that flank. Or maybe they do try and exploit that flank, but there's no space etc, so you don't see very many highlights of them attacking there?

Either way, that's where the tactics forum can certainly help:thup:

I will experiment around a bit... maybe i have to lower tempo

image.thumb.png.b858cb287b23a148a032de5063b2641c.png image.thumb.png.65eebe65e3bdc2ffb055151f985b97b6.png

Edited by kingking

Just now, kingking said:

You are focusing playing down the left, so that will also make it less of a focus to attack down the right.

34 minutes ago, kingking said:

I give up, going to report it to the bug forum, though it probably won't be fixed anytime soon since noone notices

I Tell them to attack on the left wing.. they don't listen and they mostly attack on the right wing

The ME will never be fixed tbh. there are to many bugs

I'm Man City.

image.png.eebd4944fc0b9f46c2c7c898cf4a6f3b.pngimage.png.61cae99f29ce16a6e2c42ce4c897a197.png

18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Either way, that's where the tactics forum can certainly help. :thup:

Whether or not there is an ME issue here, there is certainly a question of expectation.

kingking has told his players to focus attacks down the left therefore the expectation is they'll do just that.  Yet results show the majority of attacks going down the right instead.

There may or may not be valid reasons why it played out like that - no space being on the left thus play naturally gravitates to where the space actually is instead for example - but there can be a disconnect at times between tactical instructions, expected results and what actually happens.

Another well worn example is: "my players keep shooting from distance even though I use work ball into box".  Again the expectation is it's some sort of magic instruction that stops players shooting so often and when they don't then reality doesn't match expectation.  So there is often reason why it happens but that still doesn't address the disconnect.

TL;DR I can sympathise with kingking's frustrations.  There may or may not be other tactical or ME reasons why play actually goes down the right, but when it does we can be left looking at the screen thinking "huh"?

@kingking Are these results a regular occurrence?  Does the focus often look like that?  And looking at your overall system you are very one dimensional and symmetrical, so other than telling your players to focus play down the left, what incentive do they have to actually do just that when there is no difference in how you set up each flank (other than personnel) and construct your attacks? 

One other point - overlap left is possibly useless to you in that set up.  Overlap increases your fullback's mentality a little and tells your wide players (not central midfielders) to hold up the ball a bit to wait for the overlapping fullback.  Yet you are using a CWB (attack) so his mentality is already extremely high; a Winger (attack) at AML - which is again a very attack minded player (you really want him to hold up the ball?); and the Positive mentality which increases everybody's Mentality even more.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Whether or not there is an ME issue here, there is certainly a question of expectation.

kingking has told his players to focus attacks down the left therefore the expectation is they'll do just that.  Yet results show the majority of attacks going down the right instead.

There may or may not be valid reasons why it played out like that - no space being on the left thus play naturally gravitates to where the space actually is instead for example - but there can be a disconnect at times between tactical instructions, expected results and what actually happens.

Another well worn example is: "my players keep shooting from distance even though I use work ball into box".  Again the expectation is it's some sort of magic instruction that stops players shooting so often and when they don't then reality doesn't match expectation.  So there is often reason why it happens but that still doesn't address the disconnect.

TL;DR I can sympathise with kingking's frustrations.  There may or may not be other tactical or ME reasons why play actually goes down the right, but when it does we can be left looking at the screen thinking "huh"?

@kingking Are these results a regular occurrence?  Does the focus often look like that?  And looking at your overall system you are very one dimensional and symmetrical, so other than telling your players to focus play down the left, what incentive do they have to actually do just that when there is no difference in how you set up each flank (other than personnel) and construct your attacks

One other point - overlap left is possibly useless to you in that set up.  Overlap increases your fullback's mentality a little and tells your wide players (not central midfielders) to hold up the ball a bit to wait for the overlapping fullback.  Yet you are using a CWB (attack) so his mentality is already extremely high; a Winger (attack) at AML - which is again a very attack minded player (you r eally want him to hold up the ball?); and the Positive mentality which increases everybody's Mentality even more.

The results are regular, often they ignore my focus on attack, my incentive is to focus the attack towards my AML who is faster then my AMR

I will try and change the roles to make my AML/AMR hold the ball more

I will remove the overlapping instruction since my CWL/CWR has an attacking mentality

Edited by kingking

1 hour ago, kingking said:

The results are regular, often they ignore my focus on attack, my incentive is to focus the attack towards my AML who is faster then my AML

I will try and change the roles to make my AML/AMR hold the ball more

I will remove the overlapping instruction since my CWL/CWR has an attacking mentality

As far as I know, all focusing play down a specific flank does is increase the mentality of the players on said flank (e.g. higher starting positions and regularity of forward runs). Seeing as the highest individual mentality a player has is 'very attacking' ; is it not the case that layering further attacking instruction on top makes no difference? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it doesn't actually change the decision making of players to pass to that flank? Personally, I've found that having roles like Mezzala / DLP / AP on the same side of the pitch (+ lower tempo) is a far better way to build up on one flank, pull the AI out of position, before quickly switching play to the other. This seems to be the meta strategy to break down FM19 bus parking. It's how I score goals like this:

Edited by rdbayly

18 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

As far as I know, all focusing play down a specific flank does is increase the mentality of the players on said flank (e.g. higher starting positions and regularity of forward runs). Seeing as the highest individual mentality a player has is 'very attacking' ; is it not the case that layering further attacking instruction on top makes no difference? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it doesn't actually change decision making of players to pass to that flank. Personally, I've found that having roles like Mezzala / DLP / AP on the same side of the pitch is a far better way to build up on one flank before quickly switching play to the other. This seems to be the meta strategy to break down FM19 bus parking. It's how I score goals like this:

shouldn't  focusing on the left side or right side be MORE encouraged in the ME, for example if i told my team to focus on the left side, i expect 70% focus on the left side.

i believe if a team is told to focus on a specific side there should be a 70% or 60% focus on that side.

Edited by kingking

1 minute ago, kingking said:

shouldnt there be an team instruction that forces not just encourages your team to focus on the left or right? 

... not just encourage because often they don't listen? 

it is rare for teams to get 70% focus on the left side in FM not in real life teams like Man City focus on specific sides of the wings if told to do so

Didn't there used to be a 'focus passing' option with the TC or did I dream that?

25 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

As far as I know, all focusing play down a specific flank does is increase the mentality of the players on said flank (e.g. higher starting positions and regularity of forward runs). Seeing as the highest individual mentality a player has is 'very attacking' ; is it not the case that layering further attacking instruction on top makes no difference? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it doesn't actually change the decision making of players to pass to that flank? Personally, I've found that having roles like Mezzala / DLP / AP on the same side of the pitch (+ lower tempo) is a far better way to build up on one flank, pull the AI out of position, before quickly switching play to the other. This seems to be the meta strategy to break down FM19 bus parking. It's how I score goals like this:

Looks like an overload down the right then a through ball for an attack duty on the left. In FM19 I’ve seen it happening more often (I mean the AI teams do it) than in the other FM versions.

5 hours ago, kingking said:

image.thumb.png.b858cb287b23a148a032de5063b2641c.png image.thumb.png.65eebe65e3bdc2ffb055151f985b97b6.png

Those instructions make no sense to me, the tactic is so symmetrical your instruction to tell them to focus play down the left is left to a lot of decision making. First you have wingbacks who have a lot of creative freedom, playing within a structure that tells them to take more risks with what they do, then you tell your team to rush their play on top of that you tell each player to be as wide as possible during the transition play. Now your initial positioning down the left flank tells the CWB basically to be so high up the pitch they will need really good passing out of the back. Assuming they do you are also telling them to take every chance to play a through ball.  You have zero consolidation of the ball. How can they focus play when they are just running off aimlessly into the opponents half WAITING for the ball? If there is no one in that area to help your team mates focus play down the left, or if that Winger is not a viable target, they will go to other parts of the pitch. 

Ok I am going to stop here, before this becomes a full blown tactical post. You even have a distribute to flanks shout...damn, even the keeper is told at to hoof there...quickly even. So basically you have just said, here guys kick the ball to the left and lets hope the Winger can do something with it. 

On 08/04/2019 at 13:16, HUNT3R said:

& @Cadoni

I will check out again

53 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Those instructions make no sense to me, the tactic is so symmetrical your instruction to tell them to focus play down the left is left to a lot of decision making. First you have wingbacks who have a lot of creative freedom, playing within a structure that tells them to take more risks with what they do, then you tell your team to rush their play on top of that you tell each player to be as wide as possible during the transition play. Now your initial positioning down the left flank tells the CWB basically to be so high up the pitch they will need really good passing out of the back. Assuming they do you are also telling them to take every chance to play a through ball.  You have zero consolidation of the ball. How can they focus play when they are just running off aimlessly into the opponents half WAITING for the ball? If there is no one in that area to help your team mates focus play down the left, or if that Winger is not a viable target, they will go to other parts of the pitch. 

Ok I am going to stop here, before this becomes a full blown tactical post. You even have a distribute to flanks shout...damn, even the keeper is told at to hoof there...quickly even. So basically you have just said, here guys kick the ball to the left and lets hope the Winger can do something with it. 

Thank you for the feedback, i'm trying to fix my tactics and experiment with different roles etc 

Edited by kingking

14 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

In the scouting centre you can see whether it's a scout report or whether it's someone approaching you or a recommendation from someone on staff.

Scouting Center. Just eliminated reports from agents and data analyst team.

What does the "recruitment team" stands for? It's other staff members?

I think the Scouting Center needs to be more simple in near future.

scout.png

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Scouting Center. Just eliminated reports from agents and data analyst team.

What does the "recruitment team" stands for? It's other staff members?

I think the Scouting Center needs to be more simple in near future.

scout.png

If you head to the Advanced Filters you'll get a breakdown of what the "Recruitment Team" are.

The A.I uses shouts during matches

however they are very poor and reluctant to use shouts to improve their players body language when drawing, losing, or even winning..

the A.Is team players mostly have composed body language without the desire to improve it or motivate it when drawing, losing, or even winning..

there needs to be an improve in how A.I uses shouts to improved players body language during matches

image.thumb.png.43f7211cb7b0d60d5fd2cf4db52953eb.png

i'm currently beating the A.I  however the manager is not finding any way to motivate their players body language for a long duration of time.image.thumb.png.5a848057d7e0f67051e22c6f096f5f78.png

Edited by kingking

Is there any reason why we aren't able to take control of training for our B teams? I understand they are separate teams (affiliates). I just find it sad that to get proper control of things I need to add a new human manager to take control of my B team. Not only because I have to have 2 managers, but because this actually gives me an unfair advantage because my manager can be totally maxed out for training, much more than any manager I could hope to attract normally. It's impossible to imagine that a team would not be instructing their B team to train in a certain way, or having a general philosophy. In fact it gets even worse, because by taking over my Bayern II team I have been able to get us to move from semi-professional to professional, which will surely have a massive impact!

edit: now that I look at individual training, I don't actually have any players available to train. Are the b team players being trained by the bayern main teams coaches, or by the the B team coaches? I made a thread about this but got no definitive reply.

Edited by ajt

Something else that annoys me. I brought this up for FM17 (or maybe FM16) but it's still there.

We played Fulham away. They were 17th in the table, we were 6th.
Even so, they were slight favourites, probably because we are massively overachieving.
Pre-game, Scott Parker gave me some praise because of how well we are doing.

318255430_FulhamvCardiffodds.jpg.fa8dc3ab9323b7d157cdd888795bb9cc.jpg

2058181301_FulhamvCardiffParkerpre.thumb.jpg.509ecb4bdf950f68b09913816a3252e2.jpg

We then spanked them 5-0

1275237178_FulhamvCardiffresult.thumb.jpg.3fa506f29fef2a94440099326352c344.jpg

This was his response...
1176531790_FulhamvCardiffParkerpost.thumb.jpg.4368d395173f814e6954b6fa1a5e8dfa.jpg

Now I get that the response is probably largely down to the pre-match odds and how close the game was supposed to be due to those odds (why they were favourites in the first place is another matter). But would a manager really be amazed they failed to win when the result was so overwhelming? I could understand it if we sneaked the game by a single goal. It seems to me that the scoreline is irrelevant and it's just the defeat in comparison to the pre-match odds that matters.
It shouldn't really be that way as now Parker just sounds stupid.

Did anyone notice a dribbling attempt when the players are 1vs1 with the opposition's fullback? They usually stop and cross straight into the them. My players don't even try to get into a better position for crossing. 

I have never ever seen one. It's impossible for me to believe this is happening game after game. Not even Messi tries to dribble when he is 1vs1.

On 11/04/2019 at 22:21, kingking said:

The A.I uses shouts during matches

however they are very poor and reluctant to use shouts to improve their players body language when drawing, losing, or even winning..

the A.Is team players mostly have composed body language without the desire to improve it or motivate it when drawing, losing, or even winning..

there needs to be an improve in how A.I uses shouts to improved players body language during matches

image.thumb.png.43f7211cb7b0d60d5fd2cf4db52953eb.png

i'm currently beating the A.I  however the manager is not finding any way to motivate their players body language for a long duration of time.image.thumb.png.5a848057d7e0f67051e22c6f096f5f78.png

This all goes back to very poor AI;  whether it be squad building, or the AI's ability to develop players, it simply is bad at doing these things. 

I bought Antonio Sanabria for my Bournemouth side when he was 25; he still had some improvement left in him apparently. After 3/4 season, he bagged 13 goals in 32 games and his finishing, dribbling, first touch all went up by 2,2, and 1. If he was still with his AI squad, this never would have happened. Far too many good players with room for improvement PA wise, stagnate. Goes back to the AI not realising their ability etc. Very disappointed

3 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

Defensive styles I don't even know why they're there since if you try something like that you're basically asking for it. The more attacking / high press / intense you play, the less goals you concede. Go Defensive / Low Block and you'll get like 2 clean sheets in 2 years. Very nice. I wasn't the biggest fan of FM 18 but retrospectively it feels better now, unfortunately I'd say.

I didn't play fm 18 (last one I bought before this years was 2015) and I really enjoy this years game in general, infact I already have 200 more hours than I have in total for 2015. but the gegenpress is simply insane in terms of defending. I tried to get a counter-attack tactic going instead but the time investment simply was not worth it when I can play 4-2-3-1 with mostly default gegenpress and destroy the league.

5 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

The Match Engine feels very off this year. I guess it's gotten to the point that when they try fixing / balancing something it completely breaks something else. Or maybe they just didn't get the balance right, I dunno. One step forward, two steps back kind of thing. But it definitely feels off. For example on FM 18 goals from long-shots and free-kicks were quite rare (if any, from free kicks at least). Now hardly a game goes by without one (or many, actually), both ways, any level (top leagues, lower leagues, everything). Stikers have been nerfed, midfielders have been buffed (see long-shots)...  And the whole thing ended-up feeling off, as a whole. Defensive styles I don't even know why they're there since if you try something like that you're basically asking for it. The more attacking / high press / intense you play, the less goals you concede. Go Defensive / Low Block and you'll get like 2 clean sheets in 2 years. Very nice. I wasn't the biggest fan of FM 18 but retrospectively it feels better now, unfortunately I'd say.

And I'm not even struggling with the results, but it just feels off (too many long-shot goals, awkward movement, awkward pressing, universally poor strikers etc.). I was excited when they introduced the styles like Catenaccio or Park the Bus, but I've not found them useful or working as intended. You can of course park the bus, but that doesn't mean you're actually making it harder for the AI to score. Anyway, I've been tinkering with it for about 160 hrs. and I've come to the conclusion that most of it is fluff. It's a piece of software and it can only run in certain ways after all, and this year it's not very inspired... No idea what it'll look like in the future (as already there's quite a difference between FM 18 and FM 19), but hopefully FM 20 will be better.

Ah and last but not least, I find the interface design is terrible. You can get around it with skins, but WHY ? The purple, the edges ... THE PURPLE ! Now seriously, who thought this was a good idea ? I'm genuinely curious if there are any (sober) designers / artists / people working in this domain that think this was a step forward from previous years.

For example, although I skipped it, judging from videos and screenshots, FM 17 seems to have the best interface design in recent years. Smooth, elegant, functional. And even FM 18 was alright in this aspect (didn't need skins). But this... this was shocking. First thing I had to do was look around for a decent skin to make it playable (I recommend TCS'19 Aero by the way). Well, guess that's about enough. Here's to a more inspired FM 20...

FM17 is way better hands down . 3D graphics with a full screen , Stadiums , ball , etc . it just runs and plays like it should . Im finding FM19 3D boring and seems sanitised

SI has posted jobs for UI/UX and Animation Programmer.

What will be a dream for Football Manager? Having graphics and animation like ANNO 1800.
UI/UX and animation of that game (ANNO 1800) is outstanding.
I really hope FM20 will bring drastic changes.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

Ah and last but not least, I find the interface design is terrible. You can get around it with skins, but WHY ? The purple, the edges ... THE PURPLE ! Now seriously, who thought this was a good idea ? I'm genuinely curious if there are any (sober) designers / artists / people working in this domain that think this was a step forward from previous years.

You realise interface design is more than just colour and has actually, barely changed in the last few versions including the one you like a lot?

Can anyone tell me where the notifications (match feed) have gone in-game?
Just played a match, had made all 3 subs and then a player got a knock with 5min to go.
I saw the notification in the top left corner with the little box option to 'take off' the player but then we scored and it disappeared.
And I could find no way to take the player off.

In previous versions (maybe not last year as I didn't buy FM18) it used to be in the top right corner next to your match settings and if something like this happened, you could click on the 'bubble' to open up and show the most recent match feed notifications and the click on 'take off' player from there.

Has this been removed?

20190414150529_1.thumb.jpg.a3cf9330ee8a01f4437f50089693b4c9.jpg20190414150629_1.thumb.jpg.85d6f91b4c499716927c8c15f30aa240.jpg

FM17 1432451555_MatchFeedFM17.thumb.jpg.cf8bc9d3f97ab5f701b53ea4057187f7.jpg

13 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

The Match Engine feels very off this year. I guess it's gotten to the point that when they try fixing / balancing something it completely breaks something else. Or maybe they just didn't get the balance right, I dunno. One step forward, two steps back kind of thing. But it definitely feels off. For example on FM 18 goals from long-shots and free-kicks were quite rare (if any, from free kicks at least). Now hardly a game goes by without one (or many, actually), both ways, any level (top leagues, lower leagues, everything). Stikers have been nerfed, midfielders have been buffed (see long-shots)...  And the whole thing ended-up feeling off, as a whole.

People forget that long-shot goals can happen at any level, and that not every long-shot goal is a "worldie". While lower-league players will generally be less capable of scoring 'screamers', lower-league goalkeepers may also be less adept at keeping out shots from distance. Most of the long-rangers I see in League One are pretty tame compared to what you'd see at the top level.

Also, if you were seeing players score from 40 yards in EVERY match, you might have reason for complaint. From my experience, though, these long-range goals are mostly struck from no further out than 25 yards. True long-rangers from 30+ yards are still pretty rare - and realistically so.

And I can tell you now that strikers have not been nerfed. If your strikers aren't scoring regularly, then you're likely not getting the best out of them (e.g. tactically). In my Shrewsbury save, I have a mediocre League One striker who's scored something like 55 goals in two-and-a-half seasons - and he could have had even more if he wasn't "inconsistent". I've also seen an AI-managed Aubameyang score 43 goals in a season for Arsenal.

20 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

The more attacking / high press / intense you play, the less goals you concede. Go Defensive / Low Block and you'll get like 2 clean sheets in 2 years.

This does seem true. I think the ultimate fix FM could make here is to make it nearly impossible to execute an aggressive high press for 90 minutes. The hit to condition should probably be higher, and players with ordinary work rate and stamina should be pretty poor at executing it.

21 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

The more attacking / high press / intense you play, the less goals you concede. Go Defensive / Low Block and you'll get like 2 clean sheets in 2 years.

29 minutes ago, Overmars said:

This does seem true. I think the ultimate fix FM could make here is to make it nearly impossible to execute an aggressive high press for 90 minutes. The hit to condition should probably be higher, and players with ordinary work rate and stamina should be pretty poor at executing it.

Not arguing whether you feel the ME is off or not, just wanted to mention this particular point.

If this is the case, how come we see lots of posts and threads asking for help to break down parked buses because the player can't get through the well organised, defensive, low block which the AI can employ?  The AI has exactly the same tools as we do.

I think it may be less intuitive and thus perhaps harder for some to set up a more passive vs aggressive defence, but if the AI can do it there is no reason why we can't too :thup:.