Football Manager 2019 - BETA, Previous versions time of release

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bothan Spy said:

Me too pal. I'm 45. These youngsters don't know they're born! I used to have to use a floppy disc on the Amiga to manage my Leeds United team. Before Cantona as well.

I can remember my goalie Mervyn Day and Gordan Strachan in midfield! Ha ha 

Mervyn Day! Haven't heard his name in a while. And Gary McAllister - was gutted when he left us for you - quality player, never gave the ball away

2 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

Mervyn Day! Haven't heard his name in a while. And Gary McAllister - was gutted when he left us for you - quality player, never gave the ball away

It's that bad reminiscing about 30 years ago, its its its made me emotional:eek:. Football (well EFC mainly) was my life back then, and we were winners

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Bothan Spy:

Me too pal. I'm 45. These youngsters don't know they're born! I used to have to use a floppy disc on the Amiga to manage my Leeds United team. Before Cantona as well.

I can remember my goalie Mervyn Day and Gordan Strachan in midfield! Ha ha 

I used to get the Kicker special issue and went into the basement for weeks to get the correct names and data input into Anstoss/Off the ball on my 386 computer. I think Breitholz inhame was helmer and there was a decent Striker at Borussia Dortmund named Vespucci who was really Chapuisat if i remember right. Kahn wasnt called Mustermann though ;-)

If you would have told this kid this would be a few clicks on the internet one day. Tanks to all database editors, researchers etc.

Mc Allister was one of the few English players actually known to some people here in Germany after Keegan. Just learned about the new names in Italia 90 then.

Whilst I would love the Beta to be out tonight, it could be worse - there could be no Football Manager game. 

I for one am thankful and appreciative that we have an FM game to look forward to.

On the plus side, my laptop hasn’t reset in 24 hours of waiting, so tomorrow will give it another 24 hours to reset 🤞🏻

Just now, GerdMuller said:

I used to get the Kicker special issue and went into the basement for weeks to get the correct names and data input into Anstoss/Off the ball on my 386 computer. I think Breitholz inhame was helmer and there was a decent Striker at Borussia Dortmund named Vespucci who was really Chapuisat if i remember right. Kahn wasnt called Mustermann though ;-)

Anstoss (On The Ball in UK) was a great game too. Very immersive.

There was a game out on the BBC Micro in the 80's called "Soccer Supremo" which differed from every game before or since in that the players didn't have numbered stats but had descriptions in a little book that came with the game - can still remember some of their names now! It was great. Appalling by today's standards but very good at the time!

5 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

I can remember playing 442. I had speed, batty, mccallister and Strachan as my 4 mids and had rocastle and Hodge on the bench.

Lee Chapman scored loads up front with Ronny Rosenthal that I bought for £3m off Liverpool! Ha ha.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Stripeyfox2011:

Anstoss (On The Ball in UK) was a great game too. Very immersive.

There was a game out on the BBC Micro in the 80's called "Soccer Supremo" which differed from every game before or since in that the players didn't have numbered stats but had descriptions in a little book that came with the game - can still remember some of their names now! It was great. Appalling by today's standards but very good at the time!

"Patrizier" by the same publisher as Anstoss actually had a manual booklet with real pigskin, and it wasnt even a special edition, you pay hundreds of coins today for. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I still think it will be tonight as they've not said otherwise yet as they did last night. 

Mind you. I'm still waiting on Scotland qualifying for a major tournament, and have been for 20 years now...

I bet its going to release at 0:01 tonight (2am here)

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Bothan Spy:

I can remember playing 442. I had speed, batty, mccallister and Strachan as my 4 mids and had rocastle and Hodge on the bench.

Lee Chapman scored loads up front with Ronny Rosenthal that I bought for £3m off Liverpool! Ha ha.

4-4-2 actually nobody in Germany knew until the late 90s, w eplayed with a sweeper and 4-4-2 was introduced very late as the modern kind of football played in England and by AC Milan with that witchcraft called offside trap.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I still think it will be tonight as they've not said otherwise yet as they did last night. 

Mind you. I'm still waiting on Scotland qualifying for a major tournament, and have been for 20 years now...

I’ve asked them twice now & got nothing. Fair enough if something does drop tonight, like. 

It might not happen tonight, but I reckon the radio silence is because they are trying to get it out tonight.  Anyone who works in Software (puts hands up) will tell you how long and laborious the process is when bug fixing, re-building, re-uploading to the relevant business systems and servers (especially if it's the Atlassian toolset for example...)

Patience people.  If we're frustrated waiting I can tell you there will be nobody more frustrated than the coders, devs and evaluators right now.  They'll be desperate to get it out but also get it out as right as possible.

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

188 people viewing this thread. Glorious. 

Yea in all seriousness, this is what happens when you slacken off the rules a bit and don't expect each thread to stick strictly to the topic. People actually get on with each other and have a great time. Well played everybody!

1 minute ago, Tom8983 said:

Yea in all seriousness, this is what happens when you slacken off the rules a bit and don't expect each thread to stick strictly to the topic. People actually get on with each other and have a great time. Well played everybody!

🍻

vor 3 Minuten schrieb RorysRocketThrow:

It might not happen tonight, but I reckon the radio silence is because they are trying to get it out tonight.  Anyone who works in Software (puts hands up) will tell you how long and laborious the process is when bug fixing, re-building, re-uploading to the relevant business systems and servers (especially if it's the Atlassian toolset for example...)

Patience people.  If we're frustrated waiting I can tell you there will be nobody more frustrated than the coders, devs and evaluators right now.  They'll be desperate to get it out but also get it out as right as possible.

Everyone who has ever worked will tell you how relaxing that feeling is when you have gone home at five o clock and no one thinks about business till the next work day.

Just now, Bothan Spy said:

My back 4 was Mel sterland and at DR. Chris whyte and fairclclough at DC and Dorigo at DL.

Gary Kelly was an 18yr old youth player at striker and was brilliant. Before he became a cracking DR

Vague memories of Mel sterland when he came north of the border and played for us 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Perhaps they don't want to be repeating the same thing every night and frankly, they have no reason to. It has been said many times that we should expect it on Friday, so to say that SI now also owes us hourly updates, is a bit unfair. Also, they probably enjoy the hype their franchise is getting - forums are on fire. :D

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Tom8983:

What is the thread topic anyway: I want my Candy...NOW..booo you are so mean SI, you promised, i remember ..NOW ..last chance or ill hold my breath until i EXPLODE..NOW

Just now, GerdMuller said:

Everyone who has ever worked will tell you how relaxing that feeling is when you have gone home at five o clock and no one thinks about business till the next work day.

Miles has been working till the early hours of teh morning , no one at SI has went home at 1700 on the week a new FM comes out. No one working in software development anywhere is going home at 1700 in the run up to a release.

1 minute ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Miles has been working till the early hours of teh morning , no one at SI has went home at 1700 on the week a new FM comes out. No one working in software development anywhere is going home at 1700 in the run up to a release.

Stop giving me hope, damn you!!

3 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

My back 4 was Mel sterland and at DR. Chris whyte and fairclclough at DC and Dorigo at DL.

Gary Kelly was an 18yr old youth player at striker and was brilliant. Before he became a cracking DR

Mel Sterland - the greatest wing back in Europe before wing backs were cool.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb treble_yell_:-):

Of course they will working overtimes, but of course they wont rush anything out before their schedule because some guys feel inclined to it on the forum.

Not tonight, ok. If i would actually react to anything i would release it a 00:01 tomorrow now :-D

Archived