Colombia VS Japan (1pm KO)

Baptista_8

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

Why the hell are the Japanese players complaining so much? You could see ut was in right away without the goalline technology :D 

Exactly, don't know why they even bother to protest. GLT on play so that'll get the correct decision anyway. 

I'm going to suggest Colombia used Japan's lack of height in a really clever way there.  Because they're shorter, they have to jump higher to get any decent height so jumped higher. Colombia knew they'd do that so went under the wall because they knew there'd be enough space down there. 

I call that a bit special knowhow. 

5 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

I'm going to suggest Colombia used Japan's lack of height in a really clever way there.  Because they're shorter, they have to jump higher to get any decent height so jumped higher. Colombia knew they'd do that so went under the wall because they knew there'd be enough space down there. 

Image result for brent racist

A lot of people were saying Japan were the weakest team in this group, but I actually had them above Senegal before the tournament. They've played some good stuff at times during this match and will certainly be in the mix for the last 16.

James is on. :eek:

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

A lot of people were saying Japan were the weakest team in this group, but I actually had them above Senegal before the tournament. They've played some good stuff at times during this match and will certainly be the mix for the last 16. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Senegal tops this group, especially if Colombia doesn't win here.

Poland lost Gilk, their captain and only class CB.

Mane-Niang-Balde trio is deadly and they're really solid in midfield with Kouyate and Gueye.
Koulibaly can mark anyone.

Weakest is probably right for them although Japan do have a decent team - 2x Sakai, Yoshida, Nagatomo are alright (nothing great but good enough for average clubs at least) and the front four of Haraguchi, Kagawa, Inui and Osako is alright.

You just have to look at Iceland (and on the other end, France) to know that individual talent does not a strong team make. France have all the individual stars but can't make them gel. Iceland have Gylfi but he's not the centre of the team - they work as a unit and become greater than the sum of their parts.

Archived