Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

As with previous years, please keep all your feedback for the Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta here.  As always all we ask if for everyone to keep their feedback constructive. Also if you come across any issues with the beta please take the time to raise them in our FM17 Pre-Release Beta Bugs Forum.

Some helpful links which may be of use:

How to Activate the FM17 Pre-Release Beta
FM17 Pre-Release Beta FAQ
FM17 Pre-Release Beta Announcement Thread

If you have any problems launching the game after install, please visit the technical section of our Football Manager 2017 FAQ

Please if you wish to discuss the Brexit feature, rather than here please discuss it in this thread - https://community.sigames.com/topic/381526-brexit-and-fm17/

Many thanks and we hope you enjoy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God damnit will you all stop trying to download it at the same time? Mine was rattling along at a speed of knots, but has now slowed to a trickle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

God damnit will you all stop trying to download it at the same time? Mine was rattling along at a speed of knots, but has now slowed to a trickle.

aye, mine raced to 67% and has now slooooooooowed right down, and that is just FMT, as I thought it would be quicker.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sent a text to the wife. Simply says 'Bye' 

Ah.....Blackadder references :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why anyone gives the time of day to FM youtubers is beyond me. No qualms with an each to their own mentality though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 steps out of work and i get the email about the beta going live! Racing home :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I can only be English in the beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be me but there doesn't seem to be a way of exiting the game from the main screen or even any other options like preferences etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the drop down, but writing worked.... Assumed it was a beta thing! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

It might be me but there doesn't seem to be a way of exiting the game from the main screen or even any other options like preferences etc.

e73993d339aa4bfca4a66a01ca643d71.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XaW said:

I tried the drop down, but writing worked.... Assumed it was a beta thing! ;)


The drop down displays all nationalities based on what you type in the box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Welshace said:

e73993d339aa4bfca4a66a01ca643d71.png

MIne doesn't have that?

 

EDIT

Ok, reloaded and its appeared.

Edited by Cougar2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will cloud saves work even in the beta? ie if i save whilst playing at my house i can pick up that save elsewhere even though its still beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, englandmanager said:

ffs I moved house recently from fibre optic 200mb virgin media to 17mb broadband

 

this is torture 33% zzzzzzz

17mb? luxury!

 

I live in rural wales... I get 1.6mb at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cougar2010 said:

MIne doesn't have that?

Perhaps reload skin , verify cache etc... odd one though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Welshace said:

17mb? luxury!

 

I live in rural wales... I get 1.6mb at best.

I don't want to sound spoilt but I've been used to 200mb for the past 3 years :(

 

well 192mbps according to speed tests but now it's 17mbps :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Perhaps reload skin , verify cache etc... odd one though..

Yeah, closed game via task manager, reloaded & it appeared.

 

EDIT

It came up as white bars which looked like something to type in so guessing something to do with the skin not quite loading right first time.

Edited by Cougar2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, englandmanager said:

I don't want to sound spoilt but I've been used to 200mb for the past 3 years :(

 

well 192mbps according to speed tests but now it's 17mbps :(

My god you sure you arent in heaven? Wish I had 10% of that :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah, closed game via task manager, reloaded & it appeared.

 

EDIT

It came up as white bars which looked like something to type in so guessing something to do with the skin not quite loading right first time.

:thup: Cool, glad it was a quick fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah, closed game via task manager, reloaded & it appeared.

First time you launch the game, you have to create your manager before get the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wait for the download to finish is literally more painful than using Southern Railway every day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how many start a game, quickly realise, they forgot to delete "thoose" files and start again :-D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First bit of official feedback I can give on here...

 

UI is considerably faster.. no more pausing while using the search bar or clicking buttons... swift as anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the user data location launch option still the same as in 2016?

Just now, Herbie2100 said:

Wonder how many start a game, quickly realise, they forgot to delete "thoose" files and start again :-D

I almost forgot, nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there still a way to pick a club after loading the game? I want to check some squads before choosing, I don't want to choose at startup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kuldaniss said:

Is there still a way to pick a club after loading the game? I want to check some squads before choosing, I don't want to choose at startup

First box on the top left says 'choose later'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...