Impressive Players

William Carvalho. I'd never seen him play before yesterday, thought he was outstanding. Calm, composed and strong, intelligent and incisive forward passes. Looked really impressive.

He looked about a billion times better than he's looked all season. The fact he was up against a massively overrated toothless side helped.

When he gets going and starts pinging passes around like this, he can be spectacular, I agree, but he can also be an extremely infuriating player. Both on and off the ball.

That Kleinheisler guy from Hungary actually impressed me in his two games. Never heard of him before but he didn't do bad at all.

Was really impressed with both Rose and Walker. I mean I've seen them with Spurs a lot this season but I was wary how they will do for England. Woy doesn't seem to like Clyne at all but Walker lately has been great, and Rose has made me forget that they're missing Shaw.

I disagree on Breel Embolo though. I do not doubt his talent but think he has been pretty underwhelming so far. Made a lot of bad choices against Albania and Romania, and I don't think he touched a ball or won one duel last night against (a very strong playing) Koscielny.

Couldn't agree more on Weiss.

As for Poland, I think Krychowiak has been our best player so far by quite some distance, but as a defensive midfielder he will never be rated as high as some of the attacking stars. He's showing that he's ready to make a step up to one of the biggest clubs already.

Modric and Iniesta have been the two stand-out players for me. They're obvious names, but they've really been a step above so far.

Agreed. He is very underrated in my opinion. Seems odd to say given that he is rated highly, but I don't think people appreciate how good he actually is.

He is mostly underrated in his own country because people here say that he doesn't score or assist enough. But then, this very people are throwing flares at pitch, so... :D

Easily one of the best midfielders in the world at this moment.

He is mostly underrated in his own country because people here say that he doesn't score or assist enough. But then, this very people are throwing flares at pitch, so... :D

Easily one of the best midfielders in the world at this moment.

On the contrary, people who're not throwing flares value footballers based on the goals/assists only.

I disagree on Breel Embolo though. I do not doubt his talent but think he has been pretty underwhelming so far. Made a lot of bad choices against Albania and Romania, and I don't think he touched a ball or won one duel last night against (a very strong playing) Koscielny.
Agree on Hysaj, great back, and still pretty young iirc.
Modric and Iniesta have been the two stand-out players for me. They're obvious names, but they've really been a step above so far.

Agree with all of the above. Nolito too, although I missed his first game when he was apparently average.

He looked about a billion times better than he's looked all season. The fact he was up against a massively overrated toothless side helped.

When he gets going and starts pinging passes around like this, he can be spectacular, I agree, but he can also be an extremely infuriating player. Both on and off the ball.

I hope he manages to find consistency then. I also hope he starts on Wednesday as he was an absolute pleasure to watch the other night.

• Administrators

Think with Modric he tends to get overlooked when people talk about some of the best players in the world. Absolutely fantastic player. Remember the days when he was linked with Newcastle :(

The strange thing about Modric is that when you see him next to all the other players he looks so small and sinewy. Even compared to me. :D

You would barely assume he's a professional athlete. Yet when you see him play, turn away from his opponent or give one of his perfect 40 yard passes, there seems to be coming so much power and explosively from him.

It's a delight to see.

As for Poland, I think Krychowiak has been our best player so far by quite some distance, but as a defensive midfielder he will never be rated as high as some of the attacking stars. He's showing that he's ready to make a step up to one of the biggest clubs already.

Aaaaand he signs for PSG. :cool:

I quite liked Sydorchuk in that terrible Ukraine team.

Zinchenko is a guy I've watched for the past year and he showed his class when he started vs Poland. Be interesting to see where he ends up this summer.

I also don't agree that Modric is underrated. Surely the only people that don't appreciate how good he is know nothing about football.

I was gonna say the same sort of thing.:)

Didn't Spurs fans hate him when he first arrived? :D

News to me if they did.

-------------------------------------

Apart from Modric it is Perisic for me.

Think the Northern Ireland GK Michael McGovern deserves a mention.

Archived