You worst ever player injuries?

What is your most unfortunate / worst injury to a player you've ever had?

For me, it is Sergio Aguero. I took over last season (2018 - 2019) and Sergio Aguero pretty much stayed injury free for the entire campaign and scored a club record 40 goals. At the very end of the season he went to play in the Copa America and picked up an injury in the first game which ruled him out for 3 months (damaged achilles tendon) which meant he would miss the start of the season.

After he came back from injury, I thought i'd introduce him back slowly considering he's 31 years old and gave him 1 substitute appearance. He then went back on international duty for the World Cup qualifiers and picked up possibly a career ending injury lasting between 8 and 10 months (Damaged cruciate ligaments)...

I can't believe that my super striker has been reduced to this after such an amazing season and I find it very hard to believe that he will be able to come back from this :( Especially considering he will be 32 when he comes back, he will surely be far from the player he was before the first injury. Gutted...

Aguero is hit and miss with injuries, he can go entire seasons not injured if you nurture him right and give him the rests he needs, other times hes never off the operating table.

I always dreamed of managing him, so when City came calling I couldn't turn down the chance and I wasn't disappointed, but it's just a shame that these injuries can kill off a player who is so outstanding, that's football I guess... It's a bit annoying that he was injured both times on International duty.

right now am in a online game as city, my friend is utd, and i found ever since i bought icardi and droped aguero in behind him in amc spot, he gets injured far less, maybe cause those big strong defenders find it harder to mark him and kick him up and down the field.

I envy you, I once managed Manchester City back on FM07 or FM08 I can't remember which, in an online game. I even signed Aguero and he was my AMC which is pretty ironic :D That was by far my most favorite save I've ever played, not just because I was successful, but also because online saves are the best! And he stayed injury free rofl.

I've never used Icardi and his scout report didn't come back boasting that he's the next big thing, so I'm currently resigned to using my 18 year old French wonderkid in Aguero's absence.

I think my worst injury ever, was in a previous version of FM, where a guy went out with a spinal injury, which kept him out for 9 months. In FM'16, it's a broken leg. Two of my players suffered that and has both been out for 6-7 months.

I think my worst injury ever, was in a previous version of FM, where a guy went out with a spinal injury, which kept him out for 9 months. In FM'16, it's a broken leg. Two of my players suffered that and has both been out for 6-7 months.

Those leg breaks can be very serious depending on age. I've had Antonio Valencia come back from a leg break and resume his good form, but I've seen Wayne Rooney (playing for AI) come back and eventually end up at Celtic where he could barely get a game because his stats had become so dreadful.

That's basically what I'm expecting with Aguero, because he's probably looking at 9 months out + the 3 months he's just been out for, so he will probably just end up at some rubbish club.

Yeah, my left winger (rated at 4 stars) went out with the broken legs for 7 months.

When he came back, he was rated at 2,5 stars and several of his stats had declined. Should be noted that he was 30 years old at the start of the injury.

I once had a injury to Julian Speroni and he retired stating he wouldn't risk his health to come back. I got a nice insurance-compensation in return with which I bought Asmir Begovic from Stoke as my new number one gk. Speroni had torn knee ligaments or something and was facing almost a year out. Just before he had signed a new 4-year deal that's why the insurance paid me a fortune as he was already 32 when this happened. (Not in FM16 of course) I play the game very much since now 20 years, it's the only time I had a player retiring early die to injury. Never had it before or after in any other version. (If right it happened in FM12?)

I once had a injury to Julian Speroni and he retired stating he wouldn't risk his health to come back. I got a nice insurance-compensation in return with which I bought Asmir Begovic from Stoke as my new number one gk. Speroni had torn knee ligaments or something and was facing almost a year out. Just before he had signed a new 4-year deal that's why the insurance paid me a fortune as he was already 32 when this happened. (Not in FM16 of course) I play the game very much since now 20 years, it's the only time I had a player retiring early die to injury. Never had it before or after in any other version. (If right it happened in FM12?)

This should be a rare occurrence for those who don't get much first time football in everyone's saves, it's a shame that it seems to be none existent as it does happen in real life.

You can't get injury insurance. Definitely not on any FM, so why make that up?

You receive insurance-money when you have a player retiring due to injury mate, I'm not making things up. It's not that you can negotiate clauses or something, that's true, but you receive money when a player quits if he's retiring before the end of his contract because of injury, like in real life, and yes, this is coded in FM, I'm sure I'm not the only one to who this had happened? It's rare though, saw this only once in my game. Anybody else?

I got a massive sum, 9 million or something while Speroni's value was 4.5 if I remember correctly, this is already some years ago. And I thought the heighth of this compensation is in relation with the years left on the contract + the salary + the market value. I can be wrong.

My star CB at Fiorentina, done his cruciates, came back, week later done his cruciates. Ruined.

What was worst was that the transfer window was closed(I had just joined them as their previous guy was sacked), and I was very short at CB, so I had the brainwave to sign free agent Ron Vlaar.

Yes, he was near instantly injured(torn hamstring)..... Genius.

My star CB at Fiorentina, done his cruciates, came back, week later done his cruciates. Ruined.

What was worst was that the transfer window was closed(I had just joined them as their previous guy was sacked), and I was very short at CB, so I had the brainwave to sign free agent Ron Vlaar.

Yes, he was near instantly injured(torn hamstring)..... Genius.

Feels a bit like how my season is going right now... Star striker injured, back up wonderkid injured, Old man Rooney not able to hit a barn door, team star Neymar injured, both full backs injured and CB gets a red in the following match..... I don't have the biggest squad either so I have only 4 out of 7 subs per match until someone comes back...

Currently have two key defenders out for 10 months with cruciate ligament injuries, and a promising youngster who is a rotation player out for 6 months with a broken leg.

Both defenders, wow that must have been a kick in the teeth! Bad one for the youngster, but it shouldn't affect his development much, just delay it if anything.

Cruciate ligament injuries are the worst. I've had two of those in my Ajax save in two seasons. Firstly Lucas Andersen (who was on loan at Willem II at the start of the game) got his knee messed up and was out for 10-11 months. Then young striker Ezra Walian (who looked so promising at the start of the game) picked up the same injury and was sidelined for a season (and at the age of 18 it's a real blow for youngsters development).

On FM13, my right-winger tore his ACL in my team's opening league match - season over. The following season, he was named Fans' Player of the Year.

Later on in the same save, my captain & target man tore his calf and was out for four months. 30 minutes into his comeback match, he broke his leg. Like my winger, though, he bounced back the following season, scoring 23 goals and helping us to finish runners-up in our division.

I've been fortunate in CM/FM over the years in that I haven't had any of my star players be wrecked by injuries. To be honest, I haven't even seen any player - at my club or otherwise - retire young because of injuries since CM99-00. Have I understood correctly that it does happen in FM16?

On FM13, my right-winger tore his ACL in my team's opening league match - season over. The following season, he was named Fans' Player of the Year.

Later on in the same save, my captain & target man tore his calf and was out for four months. 30 minutes into his comeback match, he broke his leg. Like my winger, though, he bounced back the following season, scoring 23 goals and helping us to finish runners-up in our division.

I've been fortunate in CM/FM over the years in that I haven't had any of my star players be wrecked by injuries. To be honest, I haven't even seen any player - at my club or otherwise - retire young because of injuries since CM99-00. Have I understood correctly that it does happen in FM16?

The player won't retire directly from the injury, although some say this can happen. The usual case would be...

Wayne Rooney, 32 years of age, plays for Manchester United. He picks up a horrific injury during a match which rules him out for the season. He recovers from his injury but his attributes have dropped very significantly. Due to his significant drop in ability, he's no longer able to play at the same level as he used to and is very poor during the limited amount of matches Manchester United afford him. His contract is running out, he agrees to sign for Stoke City.

Wayne Rooney is no longer premier league material and isn't being picked for Stoke City and decides to retire at the end of the season.

So basically, because of his age he was already going to start dropping in ability, but the injury took it's tole and he now has the ability he would have probably had at the age of 35 - 36. These players are used to playing at a certain level and if it isn't happening, they will in most cases just retire.

On this version badstuber. He's injured at the start of the game and when he was available again I set him up to play with Bayern II and he did his cruciate ligaments and then retired.

Ugh Badstuber is such a pain. Removed his injury when starting my test save for this version, two weeks in the season he tears his cruciates anyway....

Then when he's finally fit he messes up his knee after a week or something and is out half a year again. Think he's played like 5 matches in 3 seasons or something.

The player won't retire directly from the injury, although some say this can happen.

Okay, thanks for that. I've come across posts from other users saying that players can retire due to persistent injuries or even just one CEI, but I have never seen any proof.

Had a save in 14 where Wayne Rooney tore his knee ligaments week after the summer window closed, took a hit to his attributes, but not too bad, came bake in February, played one game and shattered his leg, and was destroyed as a top player.

Made it back just before the window closed next summer and was chucked to Inter Milan for 15m when he should still have been in his prime. Every month for the next two years my scouts recommended I sign him back for 25m.

Both defenders, wow that must have been a kick in the teeth! Bad one for the youngster, but it shouldn't affect his development much, just delay it if anything.

Unfortunately the youngster was also a defender! Also playing as Athletic Club so not as simple as going out and signing a replacement!

I brought in a star striker on a free for my lower league team making him our highest paid player. 11 minutes into his debut he gets injured for 5 months! I only had one other striker in the squad, a 17 year old on loan, so I bring in another striker on a free to give us some cover. He manages 4 games and scores 8 goals before picking up a 5 month injury as well. Eventually the five months are up, and the star striker returns to training. On his first day back in training, he gets injured again for 5 weeks. Eventually I have them both back and fit for the end of the season, where they manage to score a grand total of two goals between them in the final 4 months of the season.

Jesus poor Strootman! I bet he gets nervous just walking to the shops.

I took over KR in Iceland. My main striker broke his leg and was out for 8 months. I broke the bank to bring in a replacement, halfway through the season he broke his foot and was out for 5 months.

Not big milk drinkers in Iceland it seems!

That's sad :( And yes, it seems players don't retire anymore due to injury if not this lad would be at least considering it...

So, like others said, in previous versions it happened but now with people here posting screens from FM16 it seems players now continue without considering retirement. Which I think is sad as some will never return on an acceptable level.

Archived