*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For in game editor : 

1) All players and staff 'interested ' to join your club. Just like there are two options to SHOW all players and staff. This should make all players and staff interested to join your club provided you have finances.

2) Also ability to edit, add and cancel a future transfer using In game editor.  

Edited by faizangmc

On 11/14/2016 at 10:03, forameuss said:

Never mind, got it.  Had another look at the XML for all the objects and it isn't quite as obtuse as first thought.  Got a python script with jinja templates creating a file that edits all the nations, and adds about 500 clubs, cities, stadiums etc.  A whole lot quicker than editing manually.

I hope that one day, i can release that. I for one would be interested

On 11/14/2016 at 12:04, krlenjushka said:

we have different methods but most important thing is to finish job quickly and without mistakes :thup:

easiest way is with excel- just use export option with xml schema

What is exactly that process? Is it hard to do?

Well the feature I want in next time is making it easier to create or edit reserve leagues. Using Custom XML ID is confusing at first and still not perfect (chosing teams is a pain because if I add multiple custom xml competitions and use 'get best youth setup teams' or 'get reserve/b-teams from division' will lead to youth teams getting drawn for both custom xml competitions) , using local regions is bugged (can only chose South-East, the rest will become blank), also being able to change reserve leagues when you've created Nation Rules through 'Add Lower Division to Existing Structure). 

I can solve the last 2 problems by editing the files in .xml but it's quite some work and feels unnecessary.

On 11/18/2016 at 16:15, Slabbekoorn said:

using local regions is bugged (can only chose South-East, the rest will become blank), 

I can solve the last 2 problems by editing the files in .xml but it's quite some work and feels unnecessary.

yeah you can solve local region issue manually in xml and this option works great for lower divisions. regional sorting is very accurate.

Is there any way to add reserve teams only for top 2 divisions and u-19 for whole system? here in serbia we need reserve teams only for first 2 levels (not all clubs have reserve teams and they only play friendlies sometimes).

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2015 at 12:39, Kenco said:

I would like to be able to create a World League like I did on previous versions like FM10 and FM12 by utilising secondary divisions. Apparently we can't do this type of custom league anymore.

I've been away from FM editing for a while but am wondering if my request above had been considered or brought back into the game?  I'd love to create a new World League similar to ones I've done in older versions, but around FM13/FM14 they changed the editor so I couldn't do it anymore.

On 11/10/2016 at 13:48, forameuss said:

Not quite a feature request, but something about a feature that was introduced.  I see there's now an option to randomly assign home and away kits and colours to teams.  This has made me unreasonably happy when doing large scale editing.

Aside from that, the absolute must from my perspective is one others have mentioned.  Some kind of tool to bulk edit.  Doesn't matter if it's using CSV or by making the existing XML a bit less opaque, it would allow people to mass create huge editing projects.  For three versions now I've had a spreadsheet mapping out changes to every single nation in every single confederation around the world, along with clubs, cities, stadiums etc to effectively make a total conversion of the game.  But entering it into the editor is incredibly tedious.  If I could bulk add the less exciting parts, it would give me more time to actually edit the finer details, and mean I can actually play it, rather than get some way into it, get bored, then abandon it while telling myself "next year"...

Could you explain this a little more please. What is it that the current mass editing options don't currently allow you to do that you would like added? We allow mass select of all items that can then be edited, including the types you've listed above currently

54 minutes ago, KUBI said:

What exactly do you need for this kind of World League?

There were various reports of bugs in FM13 which prevented the user from creating any kind of Super League by utilising the Secondary Divisions tab.  I'm not sure of the details exactly as it's been a few years.  But I've not seen a thread since which has used this method successfully.

6 minutes ago, Max Clayton-Robb said:

Could you explain this a little more please. What is it that the current mass editing options don't currently allow you to do that you would like added? We allow mass select of all items that can then be edited, including the types you've listed above currently

When I say mass-editing I wasn't really meaning that.  You say that the mass-editing tools currently allow it for the types I mention, and you're right.  But you actually have to create those objects first.  For example, I'm trying to make an edit that adds hundreds upon hundreds of completely new clubs and cities, and if someone is going to do this manually it's going to be incredibly tedious.  I've since gotten it to work by using Python and Jinja to generate an XML that the editor will understand, but it's obviously not the most reliable, and takes a lot of massaging to get right.

I'd like if there was a more user friendly option for things like that.  Something like an XLS import.  It's probably not going to be that simple, and it would be quite complex to add everything in a user friendly manner, but if it was possible it'd be nice and would allow people to create more interesting things.

I'd love to see some kind of import feature where we can import an entire database for a previous season of Football Manager, and save it as an editor file. Would be great to go back and play the game in the 03/04 or 04/05 season with all the current gameplay features and the 3D match engine, or even better a season from the 90's. I know we can make the databases manually but in comparison to importing it takes editors so much time just to finish 1 league, especially if they're doing it alone. It would be so much easier for everyone.

Additionally I agree with the stadium editor. I could see myself spending a ton of time in there, especially if it means we can get each individual stadium and the surrounding areas to look accurate.

Edited by Carlito85

Key things for me (many of which might have been covered)

1 - Better structure within the editor - i.e. there are several places where data is interlinked and it is quite difficult to ensure all are correct. for example the length of time a player has been with a club, the number of games in each season, total number of games etc, certain successes linked to seasons etc. It would be great if it was structured in such a way that if you amend the history the number of games/goals etc were calculated from that rather than somewhere else (I have noticed that things like the biographies can be different to the totals in the history page after editing). But equally it would be good if the from-to dates dynamically changed (defaulting to years rather than actual dates most likely) based on the years within the history tab and things like years in nations / at clubs also calculated from that information.

2 - Add in the ability to delete ALL youth team seasons. You can delete all loans, remove all injuries. Youth seasons (which can be huge in Portugal, Brazil etc.) are all ticked so I would assume the same logic from the other mass edits could be applied to the removal of these pointless lines of zeros. It would also allow users a work around to deleting the lazy data entry (i.e. a player has moved in the summer but still has a line of zero's for that season because whoever entered it didn't delete it.) A user could tick the youth team box for each occurrence and then hit the mass removal to see them leave

3 - Have the game accept changes without having to start a new game. I am sure an older version of the game allowed this but it doesn't now. Where I am thinking is a scenario like this. You have done a huge edit, tidied up all of the histories and you start a new game. A bit into it you notice some you got wrong or didn't do. It would be great if you could go into the pre-game editor, make those superficial changes and the game recognises the changes the next time you open the game rather than having to start a new save...

Max or SI Staff in general,

My knowledge of the editor is not the best so if this is an issue that can be resolved already just send me on my way.

I've been trying in these last couple of days to implement the Australian State league systems into FM (aka the State Based Divisions otherwise called NPL).
These are one level below the A-League and an NPL division exists for every state and territory bar one.
However there is a problem where due to the vastness of Australia as a country, it becomes impossible to implement a realistic system.
If I was to implement an NPL and secondary division (aka State League) within each state and allow promotion and relegation between them, it simply cannot work (to my knowledge) as there is nothing that keeps a promoted team from jumping from the WA State League to the Victorian NPL.

I believe a fix to this would be to allow the split of Australia within the editor into states. Therefore to make a structure for Victoria, New South Wales etc separate rather than all grouped under the Australian tree.
I don't believe it would affect the A-League as there is no relegation and there is no promotion from one state to another so this would not be a problem.
I can't really see any other problem to it except perhaps the FFA Cup (although again, knowledge of the editor is minimal).

This would then allow realistic mods for the Australian league system to be implemented state by state down to a fantastic level of depth and bring more Australian players into the game.

I'll attach the working mod I have at the moment if anyone wants to play around or see if there is already a solution to this. The mod contains the great work done by SI Australian researcher StridentCorn90 into the NPL WA also.

Hopefully this would be possible to implement soon (if needed).

Sax

NPL WA + Own edits_F27F7214-3EDE-4217-954C-7B9E91AA122D.fmf

I would like to see a better Home Weekend Matchday and Home Midweek Matchday because the teams get fixtures drawn on that date  but with a time that is not in the league time/offset dates. 

The other thing I would like to see is a league schedule fixture rule where I can select the match days/offset days for B-teams. The B-teams in Holland play on monday but the teams get randomly drawn and often end up on a friday. It is annoying because the B-team is a reserve squad and I want players that are on the bench on saturday/sunday with the first team to be able to be matchfit for the game on monday.

I'd like the options to let me customize the staff numbers the board wants. I am not sure what it is based on at the moment (club's reputation... ?) but it gives me a headache because I am putting real data in the game and there are several clubs which have a bigger staff than the game thinks, even if in small payroll.

While I can start the game with the proper staff, after their contract runs over I guess I will not be able to sign them again because they will be over the board limits.. *sigh*

also: damn guys, I can duplicate kits but I cannot seem to copy paste a kit from the 1st to the 2nd shirt so that I just need to edit a few things.

Edited by Dax_

• 2 weeks later...

Please add an option to FM In-Game Editor to remove Financial Fair-Play rules from English Premier League and also UEFA Champions League. It is impossible to spend high amounts of money on players if i'm going to be punished by FFP rules, and i bought the IGE so I can add money to build a Super Team. It is impossible to do that right now on european leagues because of FFP rules.

Edited by JMC_84

On 1/1/2017 at 21:47, JMC_84 said:

Please add an option to FM In-Game Editor to remove Financial Fair-Play rules from English Premier League and also UEFA Champions League. It is impossible to spend high amounts of money on players if i'm going to be punished by FFP rules, and i bought the IGE so I can add money to build a Super Team. It is impossible to do that right now on european leagues because of FFP rules.

You can easily get round FFP with the editor.

We need ability to exclude promotion/relegation playoff in parent competitions from child competitions that are not involved.

For example i have parent competition with 52 child competitions - i have 2 playoffs related to 4 child competitions. Unfortunately this stages are added to every child competition of that level even those comnpetitions  are not related to them.

I guess its not hard to set this because playoffs should be added only to competitions with participants.

Workaround is to add this stage in some of child competitions but this is not ideal

An API would be nice.  Something to give coders more access to the database.  Nothing that you can't acess through the editor I imagine, but ways you can hook into it from external sources.  As an example, I'm generating huge XML files (around 230Mb) to plug into the editor.  If I want to verify it, or if I even want to load it in FM without it taking absolutely ages, then I need to load it into the slow editor, verify it, then save it as a compressed FMF file.  When you've got 15 files to do this for, it's tedious and long for not really doing anything special.  If you had an API with three functions in it - exportToXML, compressToFMF and verify, that would save a lot of time.  Expand that out to something more fully featured and you could have more technically inclined people doing some really good things with the editor.  It's great for smaller edits, but bigger ones are enormously tedious currently.

My Requests

1. My good idea is that the editor will allow creating a new world file to create your own world. It means that you can create your own world with real-life and fictional nations. You can also set the rules of your own.

2. I also wanted to edit the number of teams participating at the continental club and international competitions in both "Create a World" and real-life world. For example, make the number of teams participating at the UEFA Euro to 32 from 24.

3. I also wanted to add nations to the continents to reflect changes for competitions. For example, you can add a nation to UEFA or CAF. That would be great to see your nation participating at any competitions.

4. Also, my idea in enabling/disabling competitions, you can add any competition that you want. You can replace the Champions League with your own competitions you like.

5. Finally, since the World Cup expands in 2026, I think I may want to see "dynamic expansion" of teams participating at any competition.

I hope one of my requests will be featured soon.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Could you maybe add a way to edit the rules from Champions League and Europa league to allows us to enter newly created leagues teams?

This would be handy for people who dont want to have to create the champions League 6 europa from scratch.

I have created the basque country and in the league rules it says that team who wins the league qualifies for the champions league 1st qualifying round, however the team is not entered the following season. Same for cups winners and 2ndf placed teams.

It would be great to be able to set for every division the "favourite" child division in which promote/relegate teams:

for example, Italian "Eccellenza" is the top regional division.

A team playing in Eccellenza Molise would be probably sorted in Serie D groups F or G when promoted, and it would surely end up in Promozione Molse when relegated.

Also it would be great to add "scenarios", for example:

If team has won a cup, promote it in its championship, and free its space in championship for promotion/playoff, but if team got relegated in its championship, promote the cup runner-up

In basic editor, when setting up a League, to be divided into groups, there should be an option how the sorting of the teams into those groups is made.

Without it, people are forced to go to the advanced editor to set this up. 

The IGE has been improving a few things I would like to see added asap to allow users to keep up with current events if they wish to do so, they are-

the ability to set up future transfers as it is now a player is moved instantly, why not be able to stipulate the date when this transfer occurs so it can be set to occur later 

also the ability to add an injury/ban to a player 

the option to edit a competition (I know editing the advanced rules can cause issues but minor things can be done) such as changing the prize money/tv money as if you intend to play a long save this needs to be going up 

sub rules/overall squad rules would be a dream option in future for all comps

• 2 weeks later...

The option to make AI managers unsackable

along with the option to make a player untransferable (created a new word there):onmehead:

would love to see kane/alli stay at spurs along with potch type scenarios allowed by IGE

and give klopp/conte/pep a long run at the clubs as they mostly get sacked after 1 season

Edited by kingrobbo

In competitions playoff of editor we have only three options: "Promotion Playoff, Championship Playoff and Relegation Playoff".
In brazilian leagues we have a Playoffs of Promotion and Championship, i think this option can be added.

Think i did this request in the past, but if not here it goes again.

Having the possibility of setting up child competitions on already child competitions using the normal version and not the advanced rules.

To try to explain it better ill give an example:

Having a parent Competition like "Division 2" that has some child sub competition like Zone North, Zone Center and Zone South. Now what i wanted is for example to have a "Zone North - A" and a "Zone North - B" competition as a child competition of Zone North. (and for example their top2/3/... play later for zone North title or the bottom ones for relegation)

This is kinda possible using the group option, but i would think would be more interesting to have an actual child competition were you can change the name and rules as you fit.

On 03.03.2017. at 19:50, BurnCM4X said:

Think i did this request in the past, but if not here it goes again.

Having the possibility of setting up child competitions on already child competitions using the normal version and not the advanced rules.

To try to explain it better ill give an example:

Having a parent Competition like "Division 2" that has some child sub competition like Zone North, Zone Center and Zone South. Now what i wanted is for example to have a "Zone North - A" and a "Zone North - B" competition as a child competition of Zone North. (and for example their top2/3/... play later for zone North title or the bottom ones for relegation)

This is kinda possible using the group option, but i would think would be more interesting to have an actual child competition were you can change the name and rules as you fit.

yeah, that would be great addition for editor 2018...  you have parent and child competitions now  and there's need for (let's call them) baby competitions... that would be awesome feature 'cause many lower leagues champions play playoffs to win promotion to upper level... and you can make that in editor like it should be in real life...

e.g. let's take croatian third league south... this division has  4 child competitions where clubs can relegate after season... winner of those child competitions enter playoffs to gain promotion..sadly, you can't make that...

so i propose this...

on top of pyramid is third league south

below that is child competition called "southern counties"

and on the bottom there are 4 mentioned child competitions which are now baby competitions or sub division of child competition... winners of baby competitions play promotion play off which can be set up in child competitions...

when i think better...we actually only need option to add sub divisions to child competitions... so playoffs like in real life could work without any problem

stadium editor would be great addition to, cause is ridiculous that lower leeague clubs in level 6,7 or even lower have stadiums with seating capacity or stands...they only have grounds and people stand near sidelines like in image below

except d.o.b section there should be year of birth of section becasue when creating LL players i only know year of birth

more variety in kits selection menu

and i think this is bug actually... if you set in editor that B team can play in same division where is main team you expect see B and main team in same division... in game that never happens...

and for several years now i buy game use editor with hope it will improve..but sadly it doesnt... SI listen us little bit more..thank you :)

utakmica-002.jpg

Setting league money should be a little bit easier then it is now. You can set prize money in Stage -> League Settings -> Prize Money (and then have to change each prize money position manually, plus you can't copy these settings individually to other competitions!!). But you can also set Initial TV Money in the normal league rules (Competition, Average Points, Qualified Teams etc.) and then next to the Initial TV Money is the Final Ranking Money. I'd rather have them grouped together but still a bit seperate so I can copy and paste all these rules for various competitions so it speeds up the process. Especially the prize money in the stages are a real pain if you have multiple child divisions.

Just now, Faqih Abdallah said:

how to change number in editor during play fm 17?

What do you want to change? There is an ingame editor and also some third party real time editors.

• 2 weeks later...