Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AUTO SIZE COLUMNS! It does nothing of the sort. Trying to sort out how you want your squad screen or tactics screen is a serialistic nightmare!

I've been at it for an hour now.

This is a beta. This is the point of the public beta. Please report your issue in the User Interface section and cut out the attitude.

So I'm going through and doing all the stuff I always do to start. I finally got the meetings and what not over. Figured out what tactic I should probably use and got my squad all set up... Got my scouts going about to find the parts I'm missing... Started on individual training, finally finished the last player and BOOM! CRASH! Lost it all... lol... :(

Got to say i'm impressed with the quality of the ME at this early stage, i've yet to come across anything that's game breaking for me. The UI took some getting used to but i'm fine with it now.

I really wish I could have the old tactics screen where I could see all players in my squad without scrolling down and each player would have a colour-coded D,S or A next to them, just helped me visualise my tactics better.

My one big gripe is still the lack of information about what my tactical instructions are going to do without me having to guess which is surely the easiest thing to fix. For example: regardless of what mentality i use if I select lower tempo then the description tells me that the tempo will be the same for an attacking mentality or counter mentality. Using this example either the default instruction is neutral regardless of mentality or the the TI adjusts the tempo by x amount and the description of the instruction is pointless.

So far a thumbs up from me - sure the UI is different but it is quite intuitive once you get used to the new lay out.

A couple of observations:

- FC Schalke 04 seem to be called Gelsenkirchen in the team select screen.

- Scouting is an area that doesn't seem very obvious on how to set up assignments, or indeed multiple assignments for the same scout. For example, if I wanted to set one scout to scout 4 nations in turn how to ensure those 4 assignments get set to that one scout?

• Administrators
AUTO SIZE COLUMNS! It does nothing of the sort. Trying to sort out how you want your squad screen or tactics screen is a serialistic nightmare!

I've been at it for an hour now.

The question has to be asked. Did SI actually test it?

Please raise this here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

So far a thumbs up from me - sure the UI is different but it is quite intuitive once you get used to the new lay out.

A couple of observations:

- FC Schalke 04 seem to be called Gelsenkirchen in the team select screen.

- Scouting is an area that doesn't seem very obvious on how to set up assignments, or indeed multiple assignments for the same scout. For example, if I wanted to set one scout to scout 4 nations in turn how to ensure those 4 assignments get set to that one scout?

Licensing issue

Not liking the side bar for one reason. It means I now have less information I can fit on my squad selection screen.

Is there anyway to get rid of it? I don't suppose it's optional and there's a nice button to click to get rid of it?

Having trouble seeing Potential ability and current ability...

After selecting them to be on the bars, they dont appear. I went to select them again via the drop down and theyre gone :|

My mistake sorry have sussed it. Needs time getting used to =[

• Administrators
I really hope they decide to give the option of either the sidebar OR the menu at the top like previous FM's. It makes no sense to force people to use one which they are not comfortable with.

Much like previous FM's there wasn't an option for a sidebar instead of the menu at the top. It may take a while to get used to, please try it for a bit before making up your mind on it. Thanks.

• Administrators
Three injuries to all three of my strikers before the season begins, the smallest injurie putting them out for at least 2 months! Severe bad luck or a bug in the game?

Bad luck I'm afraid.

Great to play FM15, however few issues:

1/ Dundee Fc, staff is wrong.

-Niam mohammed should be at Dundee, not alloa as physio

- Gordon Wallace, coach?....He hasn't been at Dens for years

- Eddie Johnson (ex Man Utd) is the U20's coach, not Gavin Burns, he's U14 coach or something.

All the above happened in June/July, so should of made the game. Last month Gerry Creaney was made Head of Youth, I understand it might have been late for this.

Another thing, not liking the interface at all, this double click is not great.

Finally, where is the button to search for staff? I have eventually found the players search, but where is the staff search? Not liking that search bar at the top, must be another way, like the player search way, to find staff??

Edit to add: takes ages to save a game, unlike FM14 and can they include a scroll down button for player searching, only scroll up button.

Please report the data issues in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399679-Scotland-(Official)-Data-Issues

Much like previous FM's there wasn't an option for a sidebar instead of the menu at the top. It may take a while to get used to, please try it for a bit before making up your mind on it. Thanks.

Does the colour of the sidebar change depending on the team you manage? Playing as Blackpool it is tangerine coloured and it hurts my eyes looking at it, can this be changed?

For me, there is a lot of unnatural and unrealistic ball bounce and roll. For example, when a ball is played over the top, it bounces and just dies when realistically it could have gone through to the keeper. Also when it rolls, again it seems sluggish instead of a smooth roll.

The famous bug "Too many injury". :lol:

I'm at my 2nd friendly games, 2hr playing. and i'm pretty happy.

I like the new caracteristics range. Much harder to know players and more able to make transfert mistake. :thup:

I'm lost with new interface, but when i will get used to it i think i could not back to previous one.

Why is Creativity changed to Vision?

It's a better word choice to reflect what the stat has always meant. People thought it meant "how creative a player is," but now they'll intuit it really means "what are the range of options the player sees in a given moment," with Decisions being his ability to pick between those options and Flair being his tendency to choose the spectacular.

Liking the ME a lot ! Ball movement is so much better, I thought I wouldn't see any difference but the difference is obvious. I think the Skin is ok, it will just take some getting used to. I don't really like the fact that player roles don't appear on the formation screen anymore, oh well.

My first game was a 7-5. Playing lower leagues, so expected this after reading the known issues so far. I also noticed some of the players not doing what I was telling them ( passing it very long when I use short passing, also one of my defenders was pumping balls upwards every time he had a chance - no PPMs related to this or anything) but maybe the fact that I'm using a tracksuit manager with 0 experience and no badge means that the players will take some time to get used to my tactic.

Apart from the usual bugs in a beta, I think the game is very good. I don't think it's ever been this good on launch

Some crazy high scores in my Torquay game right now. My last game a friendly against Weston Super Mare ended 4-9... Game before that was 6-1 and 7-2 before that???

Shall wait until i play league teams before worrying about this though, as obviously the teams i played are all below Torquay.

I haven't played any match so far, but i noticied a couple things. It seems like i'm unable to import my tactics from FM2014 to FM2015. It's not a problem anyways, i can just create them again, but it would be cool if we could do that. Also, it's taking a long time to save the game, much more than on FM2014. This is also not a major issue, i'm just pointing out.

So far it seems interesting, it's going to take a while to get use to the new interface, but yeah i'm liking it.

• Administrators
Some crazy high scores in my Torquay game right now. My last game a friendly against Weston Super Mare ended 4-9... Game before that was 6-1 and 7-2 before that???

Shall wait until i play league teams before worrying about this though, as obviously the teams i played are all below Torquay.

As said in the Beta notes,

- Poor goalkeeping, particularly at lower levels - sometimes leading to unusually high scores

High scores for lower division games are listed as a problem in the "patch notes" for this version. My first was a 4-3 shootout.

Same place/way it's always been.

I must be being completely thick then but could you please give me an idiot's guide....I've always done it through preferences> interface> local directory or something similar...... i can't for the life of me see that in this version.

The only directory path is for saved games.. is that it?

The match engine is looking seriously smooth guys, well done on that. I have just played my first match and aside from one instance of a defender ignoring the ball (which was isolated, so I will keep my eye out for more) everything played much like FM14 (no random crosses hit the woodwork though!!!). Best beta match engine thus far.

I have a small gripe with the tactics screen, specifically the pitch display. It is a shame that we can no longer see at a glance what roles and mentality each position has. I know all the information is on the screen still, but it felt somehow cleaner when we could do this by looking at one single area. I also see that the position of the player changes depending on his mentality, which is a nice touch. I also notice you cannot right click a player to assign him the next available position anymore (you can on the squad screen though).

I am also liking the new squad interaction. I have only had a small amount thus far, but it seems like it is going to be much more of a challenge to keep the team together and happy this time around. You are going to have to know how players react, and sell troublemakers!

Haven't got to a game yet but so far so good...I'm assuming that individual skins will sort out the colour of the side bar (I've begun as Sheff Utd and looks like I've been visiting websites I shouldn't be) also I think the column of 'duty/support' is a bit big and unneccesary on the squad screen. I always like to pik my favourite XI and 7 subs as soon as I begin and this makes it more difficult.

Oh and the one thing I actually came to grumble about I forgot...I think the attribute range is a great idea in principle but in reality it looks like an Excel spreadsheet gone wrong...too much for the eyes to take in.

I'm having problems with the ME. Playing as Atlético Mineiro, in Brazil, I won the first three matches (albeit we didn't play well) and then either lost or draw the next 7. Defenders can't defend (they make at least 3 mistakes per match), goalkeeper can't stop any shot, midfielders are way too much apart one from the other (where I can compact the team?), strikers aren't coming back to defend. Plus, I should have short passing, but everything I see is long balls (from the defenders!!). I can't have more possession or more passes than the opposition.

Diego Tardelli, who's playing for the national team (scored twice against Argentina) can't score at all. Every shot he takes ends up going straight to the goalkeeper.

It would be fine if the opposition did those things as well, but only my team is making those mistakes.

At the moment I can't decide if it's my fault (I'm playing the same way I played FM14) or the problem lies with the game.

Edit: besides the "I can't win" problem, which is normal and expected, everything is brilliant. As soon as I get used to the new ME and find effective tactics, I will enjoy the game so much

I'm having problems with the ME. Playing as Atlético Mineiro, in Brazil, I won the first three matches (albeit we didn't play well) and then either lost or draw the next 7. Defenders can't defend (they make at least 3 mistakes per match), goalkeeper can't stop any shot, midfielders are way too much apart one from the other (where I can compact the team?), strikers aren't coming back to defend. Plus, I should have short passing, but everything I see is long balls (from the defenders!!). I can't have more possession or more passes than the opposition.

Diego Tardelli, who's playing for the national team (scored twice against Argentina) can't score at all. Every shot he takes ends up going straight to the goalkeeper.

It would be fine if the opposition did those things as well, but only my team is making those mistakes.

At the moment I can't decide if it's my fault (I'm playing the same way I played FM14) or the problem lies with the game.

Edit: besides the "I can't win" problem, which is normal and expected, everything is brilliant. As soon as I get used to the new ME and find effective tactics, I will enjoy the game so much

If you're looking for general tips, read the stickies here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion

If you're still stuck, read this before creating a new thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

Anyone help me my mac which is at 4 stars for graphics is running very jerky i have set to recommend and it is still jerky is there anything i can do ??? Not had this issue i'm running mac os x 10.7.5 2.5ghz intel core i5??

Would changing frame rate do anything sorry and thanks..

Archived