Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Liking the game overall great job as always SI.

Three things previously posted I agree with and wish for:

1. Please give us an option to toggle small icons for the SideBar so we can chose to have the smaller version even on a larger resolution.

2. Let us toggle if team colors or some default color is used for the bars as some of them are really really bright and distracting.

3. Let us chose roles and duty's on the right side map in tactics screen. I dont mind the left bar but please let us use both.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hurts immersion a bit that the crowd noises seems the same whether there are 30.000 or 300 spectators.

It just feels weird to have a huge crowd roar when I score in a pre-season friendly against Paulton Rovers in front of 260 people.

So far I could test it the Match Engine has been really improved from FM14. Players behave a lot more like they should, apart from slight glitches here and there that will be probably refined in the near future.

What looks terribly weird is the graphic though:

players don't "blend" with the pitch because of strange lighting and lack of credible shadows, despite having five star graphic allowed in game preferences, they look "glued" above the grass texture just like a game from 10 years ago.

Animations are more realistic just in theoretically: arms flapping is exaggerated, the movement of legs when players control the ball appears very strange, a bit like they were affected by a movement impairing illness, you have a small leg movement creating a long range kick, etc... Intentions are good and this is the right way to follow to have better match rendition, but for now it's a step back from FM14 reality wise, I guess a lot more work of refining is due here.

On the Match Analysis screen, the performance indicators such as PA, PM, Cr etc. etc are all listed per Event( eg. Shots) to the detriment of who the indicators reflect on. Noticeably indicators such SA & SOT have been cropped also making the analysis much harder to deduce from.

The UI is a bit of a disaster.

Why on earth are the text boxes not bigger on the menu panel at the top? I can't read what the each tab does as the text doesn't fit inside the box.

UI_zpsa9f940a6.png

The panels read overview, matches, ne..., sta...

Is there a way to stop this happening as it frustrating as hell when there is so much space on the screen to spread it all out so the text fits inside the box.

I suppose this is highly subjective, but I dislike the dark UI and the way in which it is combined with club colours. I'd much rather have a clean, light UI like in FM14. I guess this will be added at a later stage? Otherwise I'm sure there will be plenty of user-made skins to choose from.

It is getting to the point I would rather the opposition had a chance from 8 yards instead of from 25 yards. :)

The longshots do seem to be pinging the net quite often, I seem to be conceding from them a lot more than from anything inside the box, also the opposition do all seem to have a shoot on sight policy going on.

As Novara in Serie C I was up against Sampdoria and did not hold out much hope, I was right not to as I got beat 5-0, though their shots were 24 at goal 18 longshots.

I just played a league game and again the opposition had 14 shots at goal with 10 of them from ranged.

It could just be the way I am set up that is making them shoot from range but the goals that seem to go in does seem a bit too high, almost every game ends with "What a game".

The entertainment value is high that's for sure. :)

• Administrators
The UI is a bit of a disaster.

Why on earth are the text boxes not bigger on the menu panel at the top? I can't read what the each tab does as the text doesn't fit inside the box.

UI_zpsa9f940a6.png

The panels read overview, matches, ne..., sta...

Is there a way to stop this happening as it frustrating as hell when there is so much space on the screen to spread it all out so the text fits inside the box.

Please raise it on the UI bugs forum please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

Just quickly, I noticed in game (interface set at 100%, playing windowed) the very right hand edge of circular badges is sliced off - more noticeable on the Wigan badge below, but it's happening on the Shrewsbury badge too, in the same place:

wyMVcOS.jpg

Not sure it's a bug so I'll post it in here first.

Has anyone noticed that when you arrange to make a sub almost always a goal is scored just before the sub is made? I've just noticed it in my last four matches from both when I make a sub or when the opposition makes a sub. For example 2-0 against City. I make a double sub at once and whilst I am waiting for it to go through the score becomes 2-1. A few minutes later I make another sub and as I am waiting for it to go through the score becomes 2-2. Then last couple of minutes City score to win 3-2 and sure enough the City sub confirmation comes through as the City players celebrate.....

Also seeing a lot of shots hitting the underside of the bar and bouncing back out. But again not sure if this is a bug or just a freak random occurrence.

When I am choosing my lineup and picking subs in the tactics screen, the list shows players already selected in the starting XI. How do I filter them out and only show non-selected players?

I suppose this is highly subjective, but I dislike the dark UI and the way in which it is combined with club colours. I'd much rather have a clean, light UI like in FM14. I guess this will be added at a later stage? Otherwise I'm sure there will be plenty of user-made skins to choose from.

At this stage you have to spare a thought for us guys that had to play with the white skin at every launch, when we complained about sore eyes and headaches we were told to just suck it up until the dark skin came along.

Come on you can give us this 1 launch surely. ;)

It hurts immersion a bit that the crowd noises seems the same whether there are 30.000 or 300 spectators.

It just feels weird to have a huge crowd roar when I score in a pre-season friendly against Paulton Rovers in front of 260 people.

That's one of my gripes since the dawn of time. Still, only a minor thing.

Just quickly, I noticed in game (interface set at 100%, playing windowed) the very right hand edge of circular badges is sliced off - more noticeable on the Wigan badge below, but it's happening on the Shrewsbury badge too, in the same place:

wyMVcOS.jpg

Could you raise it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

It would be helpful if you mention what resolution you're running.

Not sure it's a bug so I'll post it in here first.

Has anyone noticed that when you arrange to make a sub almost always a goal is scored just before the sub is made? I've just noticed it in my last four matches from both when I make a sub or when the opposition makes a sub. For example 2-0 against City. I make a double sub at once and whilst I am waiting for it to go through the score becomes 2-1. A few minutes later I make another sub and as I am waiting for it to go through the score becomes 2-2. Then last couple of minutes City score to win 3-2 and sure enough the City sub confirmation comes through as the City players celebrate.....

Coincidence. ;)

I absolutely love the animations. The detail on player movement is very good though at times the players do look like 'skating'. For an example of movement, my forward hit the ball from outside the area with only the goalkeeper to beat and he missed and I thought 'what a fool!' because he hit it with the outside of his boot. Then I realised that on FM14 I would not have seen able to see that as there was no similar animation and I'd be thinking 'how did he miss that?'. I feel this kind of immersion to this game is the crown jewel of this year's release.

I'm in favour of the sidebar as I'm used to it at work as almost all our software programs use a sidebar, which has been introduced to all new programs released or updates to existing programs. It seems to be in fashion, until the next one gets a hold. The colours are too bright sometimes, but I'm sure there will be some good skins released in due course.

As a person with dual nationality, I'm so happy to be able to choose a place of birth that is not from the country I choose my first nationality for. True, it's a small thing, but somehow I always felt it was wrong to choose Liverpool as I'm British when I was actually born in Athens, Greece.

I like the smoothness of the tactics screen better than the pop-up of the tactics creator in previous versions, but there's too much writing in a small part of the screen where it shows the position/role/duty of your players. Still the way you can change the role and duty of a player is very handy and quite intuitive and certainly better looking than what it was like before - maybe moving all of this under the player's names on the pitch side of the tactics screen would be the answer.

I've only played the first two friendlies up to now and the whole thing seems to run very smoothly and I'm sure there are other things I will notice as I go. I haven't seen any of the kind of stuff that I did on FM14 on the pitch like the poor positioning of the defenders and such up to now.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I never really understood 'collision physics' before as I felt it seemed really weird or illogical the way that it was represented in the match engine, but in the two matches I've just played I was able to understand it and agree (retrospectively) that it is a great addition to the game.

I'm experiencing a lot of own goals from crosses when my defenders deflect the ball in the net. Had a game with 3 own goals like that, right now another one. Is this maybe because I'm playing in Conference Division? Or maybe a bug?

The level you're playing at may be a factor, but if any of these own goals come from goalkeeping errors, or they just look plain daft, please upload examples to the Match Engine section of the Bugs Forum:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I'm experiencing a lot of own goals from crosses when my defenders deflect the ball in the net. Had a game with 3 own goals like that, right now another one. Is this maybe because I'm playing in Conference Division? Or maybe a bug?

Are you able to find some statistical numbers for the instances where this has occurred? I.e How many times.

I have to say FM15 overall looks pretty neat and I can't wait to spend many hours playing this game but is it just me or did the 2D look not only not improve but also look worse than in FM14? Will it be improved or is there a way to set it up that it looks like the 2D in FM14?

Thanks

Are you able to find some statistical numbers for the instances where this has occurred? I.e How many times.

Had 3 of them last game from my own players, when their winger crossed and my defenders deflected in the goal. Same game, their player does the same thing, so 4 of them in one game. The next game, 2 more from my own players, same thing happens. None of them are from goalkeepers, I don't think it's their fault since it's like their winger is crossing it in and my defenders just finish inside my own goal.

I have to say FM15 overall looks pretty neat and I can't wait to spend many hours playing this game but is it just me or did the 2D look not only not improve but also look worse than in FM14? Will it be improved or is there a way to set it up that it looks like the 2D in FM14?

Thanks

You'll need to expand on what looks worse, in your opinion. We will still see pitch improvements, with the grass cutting lines being introduced in future.

Portsmouth are now completely debt free - google it...also they now have there own training facilities, Sol Campbell is not a club icon (due to the fact he sued the club for unpaid image rights when we were on the brink of going bust) would better be replaced by Herman Hriedderson.

Just a few data issues ive found with my home team, also if they could be changed to having a 4 seperate stand stadium that would be much appreciated

Why everything takes more clicks to acomplish or is hidden under more menus? :) I hate changing UI for the sake of change itself. You guys did it last year, you did it this year and it's progressively worse and worse. I'm afraid what you will serve us next year, lol...

Portsmouth are now completely debt free - google it...also they now have there own training facilities, Sol Campbell is not a club icon (due to the fact he sued the club for unpaid image rights when we were on the brink of going bust) would better be replaced by Herman Hriedderson.

Just a few data issues ive found with my home team, also if they could be changed to having a 4 seperate stand stadium that would be much appreciated

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/430-Football-Manager-2015-Data-Issues

Please report these issues in the Data Issues section in the Portsmouth thread. You'll need to provide evidence though.

I don't mind the new tactics layout, seems like there is more on view. Was removing the ability to right click a currently unselected player to have him fill the next position an intentional thing or should I report it to the bugs section? If it's intentional then can you put it back in? Such a massive loss of functionality in my work flow for no apparent reason!

Thanks!

Could you please give me advise on what is the optimal resolution for a 22" monitor? I used 1920 * 1080 but it is far too small letters for me to read. I tried 1600 * 900 but the display is not clear. Do i have to adjust the resolution from windows 7 menu? Thanks in advace for your help.

I don't mind the new tactics lay you, seems like there is more on view. Was removing the ability to right click a currently unselected player to have him fill the next position an intentional thing or should I report it to the bugs section? If it's intentional then can you put it back in? Such a massive loss of functionality in my work flow for no apparent reason!

Thanks!

This annoys me as well.

• Administrators
Could you please give me advise on what is the optimal resolution for a 22" monitor? I used 1920 * 1080 but it is far too small letters for me to read. I tried 1600 * 900 but the display is not clear. Do i have to adjust the resolution from windows 7 menu? Thanks in advace for your help.

Have you tried using the zoom option in the preferences?

What is the point of the pitch on the tactics screen now anyway? You can't even make changes on the fly like before and it doesn't even tell you who position/role they are actually playing. I have to look all the way to the right of the screen to see how it looks and then all the way to the left of the screen to see what role they are in.

You tried to fix something that wasn't broken there I am afraid. It's un-intuitive and is confusing.

Change it to Windowed mode in the settings and you can re-size the window and FM will adapt according to the window size - this way you can find one that suits you.

Had 3 of them last game from my own players, when their winger crossed and my defenders deflected in the goal. Same game, their player does the same thing, so 4 of them in one game. The next game, 2 more from my own players, same thing happens. None of them are from goalkeepers, I don't think it's their fault since it's like their winger is crossing it in and my defenders just finish inside my own goal.

Can you log this in the match engine bug forum please?

Thanks.

• Administrators
Subscriptions Issue re shortlists, If I have a large shortlist of players I un-tick all notices so I don't keep getting updates about every player In my Inbox but every time I close down the game and restart it all the boxes have become re-ticked with my inbox full of notices about players.

Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/424-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

Please do so else it may get missed and not fixed. Many thanks.

Im having problems on my PC (i5/GTX780) with the game crashing sometimes when I change the size of the screen while in windowed mode. Have only played the 15.0.2-version on it so i cant say if it has to do with the latest update...

Have you tried using the zoom option in the preferences?

Thank you very much. 125% zoom works well now. I have another question . Is it possible to change the hard drive that the game is installed to my SSD without uninstalling it? I forgot to install it on my SSD. Is there so much difference in game speed when using SSD instead of a normal hard disk? Does it worth to change it?

Archived