Quarter Finals - Argentina vs Belgium (17:00 BST) & Holland vs Costa Rica (21:00 BST)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the other guy's penalty saving ratio like?

I was thinking Tim Krul isnt that great at saving penalties is he?

Tim Krul's penalty saving record...

Penalties faced: 20

Penalties saved: 2

Is Krul known for saving pens? Very, very odd. This could backfire.

Obviously if Krul is the hero LvG looks a genius but Cillesan must be wondering what's up. If they go through he starts the semi?

Costa Rica not overly ambitious but damn that defence, man. Unreal organisation and discipline and then they have those late breakaways

About the only country I wouldn't be terrified of facing in pens is the Dutch though :D Considering how well the Costa Ricans put their pens away against Greece *gulp* fear for the Dutch

Costa Rica this tournament's South Korea

van Gaal is a nutter, has anyone ever subbed a keeper for this reason?

Yes, German cup Fürth against Dortmund. Fürth brought a new keeper on who scored an own goal just seconds before the game ended.

The outrage in here :D. Has clearly been pre-agreed by Van Gaal with the GK's that Krul will come on for penalties if they have a spare sub at the end, as he's probably been beasting them in training or something.

The only thing im not looking forward too is Krul doing well and everyone jizzing over Van Gaal..

If the Dutch go out everyone will say why not bring on another fresh, outfield player to take a pen

Especially if any Dutch player looks remotely tired approaching the kick

May mess with Costa Rican's heads but I think they are unshakeable tbh

The outrage in here :D. Has clearly been pre-agreed by Van Gaal with the GK's that Krul will come on for penalties if they have a spare sub at the end, as he's probably been beasting them in training or something.

Jamie Carragher was doing great in training so we brought him on to take one against Portugal ...

Archived