Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reply shows she did too a bite.

I just don't get what goes through his head at that moment? Does he think it's normal? Clearly not changed and doesn't realise it isn't normal.

I dunno why any footballers does stuff like that when we have a zillion cameras now watching the game. Do they really think they will get away with it

The uruguayan FA should have stern actions too but they won't give a ****.

Why would they? He is their best player and like Brazil, Argentina, the idea is to win no matter what.

Luis Suárez = vampire

Bq6frLwIgAAVxV_.jpg

Bq6byCGIMAAWGRg.jpg

Speechless, can't believe he's done it again.

If they can ban him worldwide they should for a good 12 months. I know it's a cliche but how many people are watching this worldwide (be honest, who would watch England!)?

It's ridiculous of course, but a 12 month ban would be way over the top. He deserves a long ban for sure (I think the FA got it right last time), but 12 months? Chiellini will survive!

(Liverpool fans tho...!)

FIFA should ban him from the rest of this WC, ban him from 2018 WC and qualification towards it also.

The uruguayan FA should have stern actions too but they won't give a ****.

Think of how the FA thew the book at Shearer for stamping on Lennon...oh wait? You can hardly blame Uruguay giving their one world class player some leeway.

He knows he's been banned before for biting and he knows there are hundreds of cameras around the match and yet he does it again.

Either he's a) dumb b) has a uncontrollable tick for biting when frustrated or c) just doesn't give a rats ass and does it to frustrate opponents.

I thinks its A :D

What's an acceptable ban then, how many lengthy (6+ game) bans has he had now in his career that have had zero impact whatsoever on his future actions?

He's a freaking nutjob, shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch period - I'm being lenient :D

Yep, got to be banned for life now. No justification for his behaviour, 3 strikes and out. He seriously needs some mental evaluation, what kind of person thinks this is normal behaviour.

Ban him until at least 2015.

I don't think a 12 month ban is too harsh tbph. This is his third biting offence. 10 games from the PL wasn't enough, so what will be? Ban him from playing international football, that might work. Or just ban him from football altogether for the next 6 months, or 12 months. Whatever. Just ban the ****.

Banning him for short stints clearly hasn't worked. Way I see it you've got 2 options:

Ban him for a long time (at least 9 months) and hope he either changes his ways or people stop employing him because the risk is no longer worth it.

Punish Uruguay (put Italy through instead) so that the country turn against him, making it clear he let them down, and that his stupidity actually has consequences.

Ban him until at least 2015.

I don't think a 12 month ban is too harsh tbph. This is his third biting offence. 10 games from the PL wasn't enough, so what will be? Ban him from playing international football, that might work. Or just ban him from football altogether for the next 6 months, or 12 months. Whatever. Just ban the ****.

It was 8 games I think?

Cantona got sidelined for 9 months for kicking a fan, and I don't think this is any less bad, especially taking into account there are a string of similar offences. Something has to happen. The various FAs love quoting "bring the sport into disrepute" when it suits them, and if this doesn't do that, what the hell does?

Banning him for short stints clearly hasn't worked. Way I see it you've got 2 options:

Ban him for a long time (at least 9 months) and hope he either changes his ways or people stop employing him because the risk is no longer worth it.

Punish Uruguay (put Italy through instead) so that the country turn against him, making it clear he let them down, and that his stupidity actually has consequences.

The latter would be great, but so unfair to the rest of his mates and the nation. Godin had a ridiculously great game.

Year long ban and mandatory psychiatric help. He has a problem.

The main thing I don't get about it is, Chiellini did nothing first! Same as Ivanovic, there was just no provocation, and he just loses it completely.

You'd understand him flipping out (not biting but losing it) if the defender had elbowed him or something first, but he just seems to think it's a good idea and something he can get away with

I feel like a Liverpool supporter- but I don't think that would be right.

The latter would be great, but so unfair to the rest of his mates and the nation. Godin had a ridiculously great game.

Year long ban and mandatory psychiatric help. He has a problem.

It'd be unfair on them but it looks like it might be the only way to actually show him that this **** has to stop

The second is a moronic idea.

I feel like a Liverpool supporter- but I don't think that would be right.

If personal bans have no effect on him (which they clearly don't) then punish the team.

It's the same with racist abuse by fans, punish the fans and nothing changes overall, if you punish their beloved team, they'll stop doing it.

It was 8 games I think?

Cantona got sidelined for 9 months for kicking a fan, and I don't think this is any less bad, especially taking into account there are a string of similar offences. Something has to happen. The various FAs love quoting "bring the sport into disrepute" when it suits them, and if this doesn't do that, what the hell does?

I'd say it's a lot worse than Cantona, purely for the fact it's his third (can't believe I'm even saying that) such offence.

The main thing I don't get about it is, Chiellini did nothing first! Same as Ivanovic, there was just no provocation, and he just loses it completely.

You'd understand him flipping out (not biting but losing it) if the defender had elbowed him or something first, but he just seems to think it's a good idea and something he can get away with

He was having a **** game so not getting to that ball was just the straw that broke the camels back and he's lost it. He has serious mental issues and should not be allowed on a football pitch for a very long time.

It'd be unfair on them but it looks like it might be the only way to actually show him that this **** has to stop

Perhaps, but this has to be attached to the player. It will probably include all competitions if possible. Certrainly, a very long international ban starting 5 minutes from now is warranted.

Don't worry, if he's banned for the next match Uruguay are as good as out because they're useless without him as seen in the first match. Think a ban for the rest of the cup might get half of the country against him anyway.

Hmmm - I want him to leave Liverpool and I feel a world ban would not help with this. They could ban him from football for a whole year though... that would work.

Like I said, he is now not going to Barca, Madrid, etc. now. So, he is probably staying at Liverpool.

Gotta have that fear factor, you certainly wouldn't fancy facing him as a defender!

Archived