Sports Interactive Community
CaptainPlanet

Match 13 - Group F - Iran vs Nigeria - Monday - 20:00 BST

People moan about the pundits but then make the same japes :herman:

Now this is a build up I WILL watch as I want to see how they fill the time :D

How do you think they will fill the time? :D "Over now to the England camp where Phil Jagielka is playing darts" etc.

Well it's kind of a few days away now and 2 days after Italy too so could be difficult.

I am guessing for an update on who didn't train. This will be met with speculation about our starting line up even though it's perfectly normal recovery after the game and nothing serious. Then some comment on Luis Suarez and will he/won't he play + 'other game in group' chat about Argentina where they can fill comfortable

I also appreciate the symmetry of us using this thread to discuss how they will discuss England in their build up too :p

I wonder how many empty seats there will be in this game, probably more than in the England vs Italy and Japan vs Ivory Coast games.

Carlos Queiroz is going to tear it up. 4-0 Iran.

I don't think a Carlos Queiroz team is going to win 4-0. I suspect he has them playing like Portugal when he was in charge there - defensive football, clean sheet first, maybe a goal on the counter attack.

Not sure what to expect from Iran but they hardly played anyone of note in the build up

Nigeria would win if they actually concentrate.

The fact is that this is the game I expect them to be most lackadaisical about so it is a win for Iran via an early set piece goal.

The fact is that this is the game I expect them to be most lackadaisical about so it is a win for Iran via an early set piece goal.

Been saying this for 2 days now. That's why I haven't been looking forward to this match. Nigeria should be winning this, but that will only happen if they actually focus and stay disciplined.

24DaFkM.png

forget Man City V Man Utd and all those Sky ads, this is the "game of games" :cool:

The only reason Im not watching this and the Ghana US game is because I have an exam tomorrow. Bummed to be missing Shola Ameobi's World Cup debut

With Ideye missing the cut, there's nobody to **** up all the good chances you'll have :D

Ameobi needs 36 goals to be Nigerias all time top scorer. Reckon he can do it during this world cup.

With Ideye missing the cut, there's nobody to **** up all the good chances you'll have :D

Good freaking riddance

Ameobi needs 36 goals to be Nigerias all time top scorer. Reckon he can do it during this world cup.

I actually spit out my water :D

Ideye being cut was one of the best moments for me, I am also glad of the lack of Uche brothers.

Bright Dike is a miss though as he looked very promising :(

24DaFkM.png

forget Man City V Man Utd and all those Sky ads, this is the "game of games" :cool:

To think these lot are here and Scotland are at home. :brock:

Ideye being cut was one of the best moments for me, I am also glad of the lack of Uche brothers.

Bright Dike is a miss though as he looked very promising :(

I was really hoping both he and Olaitan could sneak into the squad before his collapse.

They've stuck Neville in the studio today.

At least when he was co-commentating you didnt have to look at him

Every time Lalas says gooch I keep thinking of Onyewu

At least when he was co-commentating you didnt have to look at him

Poor guy can't win no matter what he does.

Well it might be Iran-Nigeria but there's no way I'm enjoying this match any less than the one we've just seen before. :D

This game is like the womens match in a wwe PPV.

Hope it turns into some 3-3 epic.

Imagine if this game ends up being the best game of the competition so far. :D

Good luck to the commentators trying to pronounce the Iranian strikers name.

This game is like the womens match in a wwe PPV.

Hope it turns into some 3-3 epic.

Smh .

Enyeama! \0/ FM legend!

He really is :D

He's going to have to do it from the bench. It won't be that much of a hindrance to him, I'm sure.

I get sun glare on my screen.

Me too. Bit annoying.

Carlos Queiroz knows how to drill the defensive side of a team. Look at the Iran setup, it is like a chess board.